Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple of my vp cans leak if you lay them on their side to check, no matter how tight you get them
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

These nozzles are the best. Their cans suck and split at the seams within a year. (If they ride around in the back of the truck and get used daily)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have some of these.
www.amazon.com/dp/B000W9JN4S

These nozzles are the best. Their cans suck and split at the seams within a year. (If they ride around in the back of the truck and get used daily)

No they split even if sitting in the garage.
I'll stick with VP Racing or blue water cans which are same as the old preban gas cans.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How do people not know about VP style fuel cans?

They even beat the nato cans.
View Quote

I had a VP jugs vent or split.  I've never had a NATO can vent or split.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Eagle or Justrite cans for me. I don't bother with anything else.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Why mess around?

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a plastic one from probably 20/30 years ago that’s still going strong with the exception of the vent cap not having the tether anymore, so I just need to make sure I set it aside and don’t misplace it when I’m using the can.  I’ve been too lazy to pick up a replacement tethered vent cap, but I should.

The can has a long retractable/flexible corrugated plastic nozzle that you pull out when you need it and shove back in when you’re done.  The cap to seal it is tethered on, so you aren’t chasing any caps.  It never leaks and it doesn’t cause me any grief like the stupid rigid nozzles with the push-buttons do.  Try rescuing your stranded wife who ran out of gas with one of those and get back to me.  Some cars today have a “double gas door” where you have to have a nozzle long enough to reach down in there and push open the 2nd door/seal.  You’re fucked with a short, rigid nozzle that has a push button built in to the nozzle.

I also like the retractable nozzles because they don’t stick out and risk being damaged, and you don’t have to detach/reattach the nozzle with each use.  They store nicely being a compact rectangular shape without any nozzles or levers bulking them up.

I’ll have to take a pic, but I’d give anything to find more of these cans being produced today.

Some of the gas cans posted in this thread are ridiculously complex or bulky/heavy looking.

ETA:

True master race checking in:

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#7]
For my backup cans, I bought 4 of these, made by VP Racing, for $22 each.  They are $25 each now.  Shipping was very reasonable for 4 cans.

https://www.theisens.com/products/sportsman-55-gallon-multi-purpose-utility-container-with-hose-red/

I'd much rather buy these cans for almost the price of a replacement nozzle.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Reusing the 2.5 Gal DEF cans with the rubber fast pour flap in the spout is friggen awesome fast.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just buy good ones.

These are the best commercially available cans. The plastic ones all suck.

https://www.justrite.com/media/catalog/product/7/2/7250130_type-1-safety-can-5-gallon-red_justrite_3_1.jpg?store=justrite_store_view&image-type=image
View Quote
We're not all billionaires.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#10]
My answer for years.  Start it and walk away.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just buy good ones.

https://www.justrite.com/media/catalog/product/7/2/7250130_type-1-safety-can-5-gallon-red_justrite_3_1.jpg?store=justrite_store_view&image-type=image
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I just use whatever contraption comes with the plastic jug nowadays and unscrew the whole somebitch and pour straight from the jug.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just buy good ones.

They used to be a lot more reasonable.

Should outlast this meat bag.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No thanks OP.   I'll continue to use my OG military ones with the donkey dick.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I buy these from Menard's, cheaper than VP Racing. Not approved for gas probably because there is no BS safety crap.

ETA - I have spilt more gas since these stupid safety vents etc have been required.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Vp racing, eagle, or pre ban
View Quote

Like VP racing
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have some of these.
View Quote

These are the shit in plastic cans. Darwin should've been allowed to do his work. Any moron who stores flammable liquids and vapors near a fuel burning appliance deserves what they get. RIP Blitz.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Reusing the 2.5 Gal DEF cans with the rubber fast pour flap in the spout is friggen awesome fast.
View Quote

Def jugs are handy and people leave them everywhere they don't live very long but there are new free ones at every diesel pump
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I know those plastic buckets you get from Lowes and Home Depot will fall apart if they get even a little sunlight on them for a while. Didn't know about gas cans, use VP cans and they are covered in the shed.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Def jugs are handy and people leave them everywhere they don't live very long but there are new free ones at every diesel pump
View Quote

Do they not hold up to gasoline?   I use em for diesel in smaller equipment and they work great for multiple years.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Vp racing, eagle, or pre ban
View Quote
This.   Menards has some VP style cans for $25.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My 10 year old grandson 3-D printed a bunch of the yellow spout caps for the old style plastic containers with a program he found online. Work great but their purple.
View Quote

that's badass right there  

hats off to that boy
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

I ordered these to replace the nozzles on all of my 5-gal and 2-gal cans, and have been happy with them so far
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have some of these.
View Quote

These are great cans and they make a cheap spout extender if you need it
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
For the vent, you need a very specific drill bit or they will leak. I believe it is 31/64" or something similar. I have a few and some vents I can sell if anyone needs them.
View Quote

Correct.

Or you can just seat it with a bit of fuel resistant gasket maker and it will seal.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just use whatever contraption comes with the plastic jug nowadays and unscrew the whole somebitch and pour straight from the jug.
View Quote

my man

99 cent funnel FTW
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Can't believe nobody has posted these. I have several and had them for close to ten years.

Perfect Gas Can

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Within the ad:
Frequently returned item
Check the product details and customer reviews to learn more about this item.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
VP Racing Master Race
View Quote

Quoted:
VP Master race checking in.
View Quote

Quoted:
How do people not know about VP style fuel cans?

They even beat the nato cans.
View Quote

It's baffling.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I buy these from Menard's, cheaper than VP Racing. Not approved for gas probably because there is no BS safety crap.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41yRv6E48ZL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

ETA - I have spilt more gas since these stupid safety vents etc have been required.
View Quote

My wife has a hard time lifting those.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just buy good ones.

View Quote

I love these gas cans.  Well worth the price when I purchased at $50
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I have older MFC cans and 10-12 VP racing cans. I use super siphons to empty them. No issues.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I have two cans with buttons and both of them the button gets stuck.

The first time it happened I dumped a good amount onto the ground when I realized it didn't stop. Their safety feature ironically makes it more dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Amazon Product
  • Gas Can Spout Replacement kit,Suitable for most 1/2/5/10 gallon oil cans, We provide 12 threaded collar caps 6 Coarse Thread & 6 Fine Thread . As shown in the picture The internal thread size is 1-3/4--1.7in , It can only be used for gas tanks with a tank mouth size of 1.75in. Please measure your oil tank mouth size before purchasing.

I upgraded my newer cans with this set. Only issue is there seems to be 3 thread patterns. I only had one can out of six this didn’t work on
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have some of these.
View Quote

Those are the best ones I have found.  I'm waiting for the spring to break.

I had one where you have to push the nozzle in on the tank rim shoot the end into the tank on my SXS.  POS
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Has anybody had to answer to LE for hauling gasoline in non-approved NATO cans?  I have several and I'm always wondering about it when I fill them up.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Even comes with the little vent.  You're welcome.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S42B8T9?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

If I'm going to replace the spout on my plastic can, then I'm going with the EZ-POUR flexible spout.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#38]
"Frequently returned item"

Hmm.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can't believe nobody has posted these. I have several and had them for close to ten years.

Perfect Gas Can

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218019/71URj8i8vuS__AC_SL1500__jpg-3008325.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Has anybody had to answer to LE for hauling gasoline in non-approved NATO cans?  I have several and I'm always wondering about it when I fill them up.
View Quote

I think anyone who has seen a war movie will probably recognize NATO cans as military-style fuel cans.  I doubt they’re going to be up on the minutia of storage laws.

They’re looking for people who are putting gas into plastic buckets and garbage bags and retarded crap like that.  A sealing metal can they probably aren’t gonna look twice at.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just bought nato cans instead of epa crap.
View Quote

I bought two of those 5 gallon "racing fuel" containers at a local Bucee's last year. The things are tough and chunky-thick material, too. All my others went to the dump. I wish they made a version in two gallon and I'd never have to spend another dime on gas cans.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
For a few dollars more I can get something I want.

Utility jug
View Quote

I have (as already mentioned) the 5 gallon "utility" jugs i got at Bucee's. That little 2.5 gallon would fold right in with those. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is the only real answer
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is the only real answer

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't really matter much unless you are a commercial vehicle or hauling way more than just a few cans.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have a plastic one from probably 20/30 years ago that’s still going strong with the exception of the vent cap not having the tether anymore, so I just need to make sure I set it aside and don’t misplace it when I’m using the can.  I’ve been too lazy to pick up a replacement tethered vent cap, but I should.

The can has a long retractable/flexible corrugated plastic nozzle that you pull out when you need it and shove back in when you’re done.  The cap to seal it is tethered on, so you aren’t chasing any caps.  It never leaks and it doesn’t cause me any grief like the stupid rigid nozzles with the push-buttons do.  Try rescuing your stranded wife who ran out of gas with one of those and get back to me.  Some cars today have a “double gas door” where you have to have a nozzle long enough to reach down in there and push open the 2nd door/seal.  You’re fucked with a short, rigid nozzle that has a push button built in to the nozzle.

I also like the retractable nozzles because they don’t stick out and risk being damaged, and you don’t have to detach/reattach the nozzle with each use.  They store nicely being a compact rectangular shape without any nozzles or levers bulking them up.

I’ll have to take a pic, but I’d give anything to find more of these cans being produced today.

Some of the gas cans posted in this thread are ridiculously complex or bulky/heavy looking.

ETA:

True master race checking in:

https://i.imgur.com/0m13Tgi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QBx6LE3.jpg

View Quote

I have at least one like that.   Others have the original nozzle and some I have converted to the EZ-Pour nozzles.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#47]
I've spilled more gas with the "No spills" than I ever did with the old style.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've spilled more gas with the "No spills" than I ever did with the old style.
View Quote

The early carb cans were all absolutely trash, and plenty made today still are.  But the actual "No Spill" brand cans are good to go.  They actually don't spill, unless you do something wrong.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top