Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 657
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 6:44:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOTHERmaninblack] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dlshady:
To say the least.  I'm struggling to understand what a snake image has to do with a fake Messican...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dlshady:
To say the least.  I'm struggling to understand what a snake image has to do with a fake Messican...  
You mean, what does a stylized 'don't step on me' symbol have to do with a douchebag who's openly calling for a ban and confiscation of AR15s?

In other news, I have a chance to buy an Aero Precision AR10 kit for really cheap. I know it was brought up somewhere in the last half K of pages, but can anybody save me a weekend and tell me if/how that'll interface with my Wall 10 lower?  Thanks.

Damn! 2nd chance at page ownage and I forgot to count.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My Heroes  15 lower arrived today. Probably the fastest shipment ever from PSA for myself. Roll marks look really good and the machine/finish work is perfect. #108 is the lowest I have received to date.

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I just like to see my hometown plastered allover the pic threads.

Oh I also like to drive 5mins down the road and buy their stuff. Instant gratification.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

Guys,

I made a few phone calls and sent a few e-mails. Here is what I found out. - This was a breakdown in communication somewhere. We apologize. When going into production, we were only supposed to do 750 as the website said. The guys were told to run right at 1000 instead of 750. We are people of our word, and did not do this on purpose. Again, we apologize for the discrepancy.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
josiah, thanks for the reply and explanation.  its logical, and understandable, as we're all only human.  1 of 1000 is still good, and im sure you guys are taking steps to ensure this never happens again.  Thank you again for keeping us in the looop with what you find out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
i think the reason for the Dont tread on me revision snake on the NoBeto lower is that it is one we had already approved up and ready that applies to fighting tyranny.  Or at least thats my thought on it.   I dont think it fits the Beto situation well, and honestly because of beto it turned me off of it, so this lower i will be abstaining from.

The NoBeto reminds me of the NOBO12s, but without the effort to plan out and design a NOBETO as well as they did the No Barak Obamas.  Kinda sad really.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I now have a reason to post in this thread, and I’m a little perturbed.

Apparently I now work for PSA and not only have I not been told, but I haven’t got a paycheck either! I found this out after I received this email today:

Attachment Attached File

What kind of perks is the production manager entitled to?

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:

But... but... *Snake Bite*

I get PSA is moving away from the design-by-committee that kinda exists here but I am kinda disappointed with the result.
View Quote
Yeah. First I was all like “yeah a Beto one”, then I was all like “yeah nah”.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Guys,

I made a few phone calls and sent a few e-mails. Here is what I found out. - This was a breakdown in communication somewhere. We apologize. When going into production, we were only supposed to do 750 as the website said. The guys were told to run right at 1000 instead of 750. We are people of our word, and did not do this on purpose. Again, we apologize for the discrepancy.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
@PalmettoStateArmory

Josiah

Thank you for the explanation. Can you answer if this is the same situation for the YEET-9 as well?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By stickcar1990:

Yeah. First I was all like “yeah a Beto one”, then I was all like “yeah nah”.
View Quote
My sentiments exactly. I really like whoever had the idea of doing a rollmark to the effect of "Not eligible for buyback programs".

Im also not too fond of the selector markings. And while the graphic is nice, i believe something else could have been more appropriate and better suited.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
@NOLAGT

Here is the replacement rail. They took care of the issue quick. Plus, I think they made a mistake and are sending out a second one. Received this today and got ship notice for another arriving Wednesday. We shall see. If it does I’ll ether send back or pay for it. They gave me 10% off next purchase.

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:31:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
@NOLAGT

Here is the replacement rail. They took care of the issue quick. Plus, I think they made a mistake and are sending out a second one. Received this today and got ship notice for another arriving Wednesday. We shall see. If it does I’ll ether send back or pay for it. They gave me 10% off next purchase.

https://i.imgur.com/cvpuTCE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NQSxaKy.jpg
View Quote
Where did you get that from again? I actually really like that rail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By kunkernator:

Where did you get that from again? I actually really like that rail.
View Quote
Justrails
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#13]
The screw cancer lower just keeps getting pushed and pushed.  I understand some wanted the Fcancer lower, but try explaining what that means to a 5 year old.  Just hope the screw cancer lower will actually be run in time to give it to the one it's intended for...
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Pearljammer8:
The screw cancer lower just keeps getting pushed and pushed.  I understand some wanted the Fcancer lower, but try explaining what that means to a 5 year old.  Just hope the screw cancer lower will actually be run in time to give it to the one it's intended for...
View Quote
I personally liked that one better but still purchased 3 of the others. It was for a good cause. Would have paid $100.00 more for SN 1242 or 1227 but PSA wasn’t having that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:48:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#16]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By kunkernator:

My sentiments exactly. I really like whoever had the idea of doing a rollmark to the effect of "Not eligible for buyback programs".

Im also not too fond of the selector markings. And while the graphic is nice, i believe something else could have been more appropriate and better suited.
View Quote
I ended up ordering one but I went back and forth on it for quite a while.  What made me finally give in was thinking of other items I passed on years ago and wish I would of bought.

I do think the Beto lower should of had it's own design and the original design of the snake should of been it's own but oh well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bucko1975:

I ended up ordering one but I went back and forth on it for quite a while.  What made me finally give in was thinking of other items I passed on years ago and wish I would of bought.

I do think the Beto lower should of had it's own design and the original design of the snake should of been it's own but oh well.
View Quote
Exactly what i did. This was almost the first lower i did not order. But i did anyway. If i dont like it, i know someone down the line will...
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Guys,

Thank you,

Josiah
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 19119640:
I guess the Yeet cannon backlash 15 ended up being more than 750?

Just picked mine up, SN YC9000935.
Guys,

Thank you,

Josiah
They didn’t stop at 1000...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I understand the intention of the Beto lower but I personally have no interest in having that name on any of my possessions. Hopefully the same snake rollmark can be reused on a Gadsden themed lower with "No Beto".
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:
i think the reason for the Dont tread on me revision snake on the NoBeto lower is that it is one we had already approved up and ready that applies to fighting tyranny.  Or at least thats my thought on it.   I dont think it fits the Beto situation well, and honestly because of beto it turned me off of it, so this lower i will be abstaining from.

The NoBeto reminds me of the NOBO12s, but without the effort to plan out and design a NOBETO as well as they did the No Barak Obamas.  Kinda sad really.
View Quote
The "Don't tread on me" snake lower was not on the approved list, it was only on the non-approved PSA list for consideration. I drew it as a new twist on a classic theme to reflect some change and maybe give it new life. Some folks liked it, some didn't. The image was revised per PSA request to make it more aggressive than the first rendition, see below. (Also, it is definitely NOT a knock off of the Florida A & M rattler. That mascot looks like a someone added fangs to a sock puppet velociraptor).

Timing is always an issue concerning political agendas. PSA reached out to me Saturday about a Beto lower. What I put together in that short time wasn't cutting it, images were more in jest (I have a tendency to poke fun). I spoke with Jamin and Chad late Sunday night and they made it clear they wanted something more serious. They were right.  I'm sure everyone could agree that this may not be the time for jokes. Democratic politicians have clearly stated in a loud voice what they have denied for decades, disarming the American people is an objective. For PSA, it not only strikes hard at a company belief, but directly at their entire business model.

We reviewed images I had already designed which could be modified for the Beto lower quickly, and they decided on me revising the Gadsden snake. BETO-15 was modified to NOBETO-15 early on for a few reasons, one possibly being legal issues. The "Hell yes", and "Hell No" were suggested by Chad for good reason, they work. Auto selector ideas went back and forth, but ultimately the selector marking could not be a direct threat for possible legal reasons. Leaving off the auto selector marking all together to only use safe and fire markings may not have been a bad idea. But the auto selector choice does tie in with the image and the reference.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I just approved the Screw Cancer lower design today!! It looks great. It is going into full production tomorrow!

Thanks,

Josiah
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pearljammer8:
I just approved the Screw Cancer lower design today!! It looks great. It is going into full production tomorrow!

Thanks,

Josiah
Josiah,
You're good people.

@Pearljammer8
Not sure of the story behind who you intend to enjoy your purchase with but the comment of the 5 year old added in there really makes me want hope and pray for the best. There's a larger children's hospital and cancer research/treatment center in my area of NC. If you happen to come to the state for something and need some support/logistics, let me know.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote
In for 2
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#25]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

The "Don't tread on me" snake lower was not on the approved list, it was only on the non-approved PSA list for consideration. I drew it as a new twist on a classic theme to reflect some change and maybe give it new life. Some folks liked it, some didn't. The image was revised per PSA request to make it more aggressive than the first rendition, see below. (Also, it is definitely NOT a knock off of the Florida A & M rattler. That mascot looks like a someone added fangs to a sock puppet velociraptor).

Timing is always an issue concerning political agendas. PSA reached out to me Saturday about a Beto lower. What I put together in that short time wasn't cutting it, images were more in jest (I have a tendency to poke fun). I spoke with Jamin and Chad late Sunday night and they made it clear they wanted something more serious. They were right.  I'm sure everyone could agree that this may not be the time for jokes. Democratic politicians have clearly stated in a loud voice what they have denied for decades, disarming the American people is an objective. For PSA, it not only strikes hard at a company belief, but directly at their entire business model.

We reviewed images I had already designed which could be modified for the Beto lower quickly, and they decided on me revising the Gadsden snake. BETO-15 was modified to NOBETO-15 early on for a few reasons, one possibly being legal issues. The "Hell yes", and "Hell No" were suggested by Chad for good reason, they work. Auto selector ideas went back and forth, but ultimately the selector marking could not be a direct threat for possible legal reasons. Leaving off the auto selector marking all together to only use safe and fire markings may not have been a bad idea. But the auto selector choice does tie in with the image and the reference.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/240952/GADSDEN_SNAKE_REV-5a_jpg-1092877.JPG
View Quote
@BrickWurX

Nice work on the rollmark.

That's the main reason I ordered one. I hate BETA and his commie friends with a passion.

Every time he talks it looks like his about to throw a tantrum.

I still think "Lighten Up Francis" would be funny. Francis seems like (insert gender pronoun) would be easy to spin up.

Use reticule against them. JM2C, keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

You mean, what does a stylized 'don't step on me' symbol have to do with a douchebag who's openly calling for a ban and confiscation of AR15s?

In other news, I have a chance to buy an Aero Precision AR10 kit for really cheap. I know it was brought up somewhere in the last half K of pages, but can anybody save me a weekend and tell me if/how that'll interface with my Wall 10 lower?  Thanks.

Damn! 2nd chance at page ownage and I forgot to count.
View Quote
I suppose that's the disconnect here because when I look at that image, I see a sports team mascot or something.  The Gadsden flag is the last thing that would have crossed my mind.  No disrespect intended.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435954/32899FC9-F3C8-400B-8F4C-BEF88A31D476_jpeg-1092874.JPG
View All Quotes

Guys,

Thank you,

Josiah
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435954/32899FC9-F3C8-400B-8F4C-BEF88A31D476_jpeg-1092874.JPG
Sooo...how many did you guys sell?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

Guys,

Thank you,

Josiah
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Geez, some of you guys make HBR himself look reasonable

SERIOUS

BUSINESS
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By NARF:
Maybe honesty and integrity are important to some people.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By familyman357:
Why does anybody really care how many lowers PSA makes of a certain fad novelty lower?  Is it that you think you'll be able to flip it for a profit some day?  Is it something else?  What am I missing that will explain why a presumably grown man is so "shaken" about it that he must "pray" for an explanation?
Soooo, yes?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:55:32 PM EDT
[#31]
SpaceRover, coming soon?  Just wondering, as elk season is on right now, and the rut is coming soon, I may need to step away from electronics and into the woods and didn't want to miss them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Effenpig:
Soooo, yes?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Effenpig:
Originally Posted By familyman357:
Why does anybody really care how many lowers PSA makes of a certain fad novelty lower?  Is it that you think you'll be able to flip it for a profit some day?  Is it something else?  What am I missing that will explain why a presumably grown man is so "shaken" about it that he must "pray" for an explanation?
Soooo, yes?
Why does it matter to you what someone else does with a promised limited production item?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 12:05:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brink89] [#33]
@BrickWurX I liked the “don’t tread on me”. Maybe there was some whom didn’t, but since I’ve started following the thread I didn’t see anyone disliking it. Maybe we can get another design with a Gadsden Flag inspiration on the non-confirmed list? I know a few responded positively when I mentioned wanting that original design in an AR10 option as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Brink89:
@BrickWurX I liked the “don’t tread on me”. Maybe there was some whom didn’t, but since I’ve started following the thread I didn’t see anyone disliking it. Maybe we can get another design with a Gadsden Flag inspiration on the non-confirmed list? I know a few responded positively when I mentioned wanting that original design in an AR10 option as well.
View Quote
Most of the messaging I receive is positive, not always. Snakes are sort of odd reptiles to draw, you can't really draw the snake to resemble an actual snake if you want it to look aggressive. Snakes look fairly docile right up until the moment they aren't. As someone else pointed out, stylized works best. Roll mark "canvas size" doesn't help much either. Hard to pack detail into a square inch (1.32" to be exact). I've always liked the Gadsden flag, give me some time and I will come up with some new stuff eventually.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Wow
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 6:01:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#36]

View Quote
Flabbergasted!!!!!  Maybe it’s a Canadian SN?  Does exchange rate work with SN’s too?  Seriously, WTF?

ETA:  There are still 167 lowers left in stock. Hurry while supplies last. After all, it IS a limited edition of ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#37]
"The M16A2 has been chosen as the next lower to go into production", they said.

But that was a looooooong time ago. I guess it doesn't make sense to make them before the Beta lower when I only plan on buying ten of them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By deLuna_tic:

I now have a reason to post in this thread, and I’m a little perturbed.

Apparently I now work for PSA and not only have I not been told, but I haven’t got a paycheck either! I found this out after I received this email today:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310516/9760D94B-09B8-49E6-B319-DF95A7FF0F23_jpeg-1092721.JPG

View Quote
I got the same email.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
I got the same email.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Originally Posted By deLuna_tic:

I now have a reason to post in this thread, and I'm a little perturbed.

Apparently I now work for PSA and not only have I not been told, but I haven't got a paycheck either! I found this out after I received this email today:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310516/9760D94B-09B8-49E6-B319-DF95A7FF0F23_jpeg-1092721.JPG

I got the same email.
I received a better one from Amazon:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Gripen:
"The M16A2 has been chosen as the next lower to go into production", they said.

But that was a looooooong time ago. I guess it doesn't make sense to make them before the Beta lower when I only plan on buying ten of them.
View Quote

I see no posts from PSA saying the M16A2 was going into production. There is a post saying they were sending a variance to the ATF but none, from what I could find, saying they next in production.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#42]
I keep checking the list once a week to see if the Celtic-15 has made the jump to the confirmed list. Come on baby! Daddy needs a new build for St. Patrick's Day!
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#43]

Just so everyone knows, the exact number they stopped at was SN 1051. For whatever reasons, they had to finish off the run at just over 1000.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote
Crybaby lower
SN: Muh limited edition
Rollmark: Crying neckbeard with pile of lowers
Markings: 750, 1000, 1051
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MSKSS:

Crybaby lower
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Crybaby lower
View All Quotes

Just so everyone knows, the exact number they stopped at was SN 1051. For whatever reasons, they had to finish off the run at just over 1000.

Thanks,

Josiah
Crybaby lower
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#46]

Crybaby lower
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Crybaby lower
View All Quotes

Thanks,

Josiah
Crybaby lower
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:14:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: familyman357] [#48]

Crybaby lower
View Quote

Burn!  Buncha manchildren around here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Crybaby lower
View All Quotes

Thanks,

Josiah
Crybaby lower
I’d buy one
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
@NOLAGT

https://i.imgur.com/cvpuTCE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NQSxaKy.jpg
View Quote
Yep that looks much better!

I wonder if I can get a new rail to fit on my IFC .410 upper.  I dislike the pic rails and the finish is rough like sandpaper....

Haven't pulled it apart to see what the barrel nut and mounting point situation is.
Page / 657
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top