Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 660
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MSKSS:
I know the barrels are all 14.5" so I won't ask for a 14.7" with SOCOM profile ( <--- still want something like this) and a normal A2 flash hider. I am also not a cloner and just want the look. I don't see how you can nitpick the PSA logo on the stock, or how the grip isn't EXACTLY the same when it has a PSA lower not an FN or Colt so....

I'd like to see:

F-marked front sight
PSA Premium phosphate BCG with or without PSA logo
Charging handle
PSA M4 classic handguard
Don't really need a carry handle with  it because I might put an optic on one.
PSA/Cold Steel collaboration bayonet with videos of the blond dude with a beard thrashing things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
Guys,

For the M4A1 cloners, an update and a few questions. We got in the barrels from FN today. We are waiting on the flash hiders. It will be about two weeks until the product is on the website. We will be doing an upper and a Rifle build kit. As we are waiting on the flash hiders, we are just wanted to see what configurations you would like on the upper and rifle kit.  Carry handle? Rear sight? etc.

Thanks!

Josiah
I know the barrels are all 14.5" so I won't ask for a 14.7" with SOCOM profile ( <--- still want something like this) and a normal A2 flash hider. I am also not a cloner and just want the look. I don't see how you can nitpick the PSA logo on the stock, or how the grip isn't EXACTLY the same when it has a PSA lower not an FN or Colt so....

I'd like to see:

F-marked front sight
PSA Premium phosphate BCG with or without PSA logo
Charging handle
PSA M4 classic handguard
Don't really need a carry handle with  it because I might put an optic on one.
PSA/Cold Steel collaboration bayonet with videos of the blond dude with a beard thrashing things.
Look at them more closely. Both the stock and grip have a different shape than real ones.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSKSS] [#2]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Look at them more closely. Both the stock and grip have a different shape than real ones.
View Quote
Not enough for me to care. I might even put a BCM grip on one.

ETA: I guess my point is if I just had to have things exact I would be buying from Colt or FN not PSA. If I needed a complete rifle kit I would probably buy one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
New lower on the website.  https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-babypfg-15-stripped-lower-receiver.html

Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:26:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#4]
Originally Posted By giantpune:
New lower on the website.  https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-babypfg-15-stripped-lower-receiver.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/1/5165490933.jpg
View Quote
God dammit PSA!

Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:34:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory] [#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]

We received some in today from anodizing and they are shipping!

Thanks,

Melinda
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:01:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XeonEvolved] [#8]
Corrected.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
God dammit PSA!

View All Quotes

https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/1/5165490933.jpg
God dammit PSA!

Gonna order one as soon as my stupid cat leaves my lap. I hate kicking her off....she's so cute sleeping.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Gonna order one as soon as my stupid cat leaves my lap. I hate kicking her off....she's so cute sleeping.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

God dammit PSA!

Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#12]

ETA: I guess my point is if I just had to have things exact I would be buying from Colt or FN not PSA. If I needed a complete rifle kit I would probably buy one.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

They don’t have to be exact, but certain things are just glaringly incorrect if you know what you’re looking at.

The contour in front of the latch on the stock is completely wrong, so are the sharp lines on the grip. The grip is also quite a bit thinner than a real one, and as a result isn’t nearly as comfortable.

It takes a certain kind of person to clone these rifles I think, still, even if you’re not a cloner, having correct parts isn’t going to hurt anything.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#13]
How the hell are the poop lowers already out of stock?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AT7:
View Quote
flingin' ain't easy
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Bad link on the daily deals email I got.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:29:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#16]
View Quote
Wasn't out of stock for me. I just ordered one.

Also ordered another 1000 rounds of 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#17]
@PalmettoStateArmory

After receiving my Betsy Ross lowers(which are pretty cool and I like, so don’t get me wrong), I had an idea.

How about a run of different historically significant flags, maybe do a series. Simple flag on both sides, no special selector markings, no satire, just the flags. Maybe serialize them Flag1, flag2, etc...

Maybe the original 13 star, the Betsy Ross, the Star Spangled Banner(15), the 35 star(most of the civil war), the 48 star(both world wars), and finally the 50 star. It would be cool to have the stars and bars in there as well, but you know people these days...

Oh and the Gadsden, Sons of Liberty, and the Continental Colors.....

Anybody else like this idea? Limited run, etc
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By stickcar1990:
@PalmettoStateArmory

After receiving my Betsy Ross lowers(which are pretty cool and I like, so don’t get me wrong), I had an idea.

How about a run of different historically significant flags, maybe do a series. Simple flag on both sides, no special selector markings, no satire, just the flags. Maybe serialize them Flag1, flag2, etc...

Maybe the original 13 star, the Betsy Ross, the Star Spangled Banner(15), the 35 star(most of the civil war), the 48 star(both world wars), and finally the 50 star. It would be cool to have the stars and bars in there as well, but you know people these days...

View Quote
You received the Betsy lowers??? Or the ISTAND ones? I received the ISTAND lowers, still waiting on my Betsy ones.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#19]
BABYPFG lower is on sale.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kunkernator:

You received the Betsy lowers??? Or the ISTAND ones? I received the ISTAND lowers, still waiting on my Betsy ones.....
View Quote
Istand. I just refuse to call them that. Lol

Bought them for the flag, didn’t jump on the Betsy one cause I’m not a fan of the design on the driver side
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brink89] [#21]
Baby PFG is sold out

edit; it is on my desktop not mobile
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Brink89:
Baby PFG is sold out

edit; it is on my desktop not mobile
View Quote
As of right now ~425 instock. Mobile works fine for me

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-babypfg-15-stripped-lower-receiver.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Order placed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:08:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#24]
@palmettostatearmory

Josiah

What is the status on the Betsy-15. As I'm sure you are aware of, outside of the I-Stand 9 and 10, those are the oldest outstanding lowers not shipped yet.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#25]
@PalmettoStateArmory

View Quote
i would definitely be down for a series of revolutionary war flag lowers.

i already have one of the original gadsden but id get a new one. id also love to have a navy jack, culpepper minutemen, benningtons flag, and even a Gonzalez flag lower.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#26]
@PalmettoStateArmory

Since you guys source parts from FN, is getting furniture from them something that you could/would do?

Either to go with the kits, or to sell separately? (Both would be preferable, I’d buy several of their grips)
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sigking] [#27]

Alien-51 lowers will be shipping shortly!! Just as an update, the only two lowers that we are waiting on the ATF for are the I-Stand 10, and the I-Stand 9. Variances before and after them have been approved, but for some reason we are waiting on them. We have been contacting the ATF to find out what the hold-up is. Apparently these two are just taking longer for no apparent reason. We apologize for the delay in any of the meme/custom lowers.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
@palmettostatearmory

Well that sucks.....damn

How long do you wait before you throw in the towel, or is that an option?  A bunch of each were ordered?

What is the turn around time from the time they approve them (or don't), to getting shipped out?   What could be the hold up, if the ar15 is good to go, whats the difference?

Last question, did you have a good day today, good lunch, you getting enough sleep, lol????   Playing "Ask a million questions of PSA today"  lol.  Sorry man, I know it must be a little hard, the questions never end.

You are awesome at taking all the time you do to deal with us unwashed masses....lol.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ARandomClaymore:

So, what happens to be the current status of the A-salt lowers? I'm sitting at the 10 week wait mark.
nk
When I called CS last week, the lady who assisted me tried her best, but was not able to provide an update/ info of any kind. Only asked if I was interested in canceling my order.

Any word would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
View Quote
i got mine two weeks ago... you should get yours soon id think
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:12:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kunkernator] [#29]
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:

i got mine two weeks ago... you should get yours soon id think
View Quote
I received mine a looooong time ago.... Maybe a month or more? I have s/n 374 and 375

@palmettostatearmory

Hope all is well wish you Josiah. The Holiday season is coming up and im sure you will be more than busy!
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#30]
@MSKSS

Colt M4 stocks & handguards are a dime a dozen and available at ridiculously cheap prices on the EE. People buy 6920s and sell them for just a little more than it takes to ship the stuff. And pistol grips are fairly plentiful as well. These are parts that are easily swappable.

I like Sputnik’s idea of sourcing FN plastics.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#31]
A quick off topic question. Those who F1 SBR's. When putting in weapon information it asks for description. What is placed in that box? Its the box above the box where you State Why You Intend To Make Firearm.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
A quick off topic question. Those who F1 SBR's. When putting in weapon information it asks for description. What is placed in that box? Its the box above the box where you State Why You Intend To Make Firearm.
View Quote
Just "Short Barreled Rifle" is all I put there.

Pulled from another source, options to put in that box include: Silencer, Short-barreled rifle, Short-barreled shotgun, Machine Gun, Any Other Weapon (AOW), or Destructive Device.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:
@MSKSS

Colt M4 stocks & handguards are a dime a dozen and available at ridiculously cheap prices on the EE. People buy 6920s and sell them for just a little more than it takes to ship the stuff. And pistol grips are fairly plentiful as well. These are parts that are easily swappable.

View Quote
Since most people will want different clone furniture maybe PSA will sell the uppers and rifle kits “OEM” style like Colt did and Aero does with their rifles.  Basically uppers without the hand guards and kits without the pistol grip and stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DeviantHero:

Just "Short Barreled Rifle" is all I put there.

Pulled from another source, options to put in that box include: Silencer, Short-barreled rifle, Short-barreled shotgun, Machine Gun, Any Other Weapon (AOW), or Destructive Device.
View Quote
Thank you sir. Looks like I'm the first to SBR a SPACECANNON-15..
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Space Cannon 95 and Heros 57 home safe. I guess PSA just likes me, keep getting 2 digit serials!
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Since most people will want different clone furniture maybe PSA will sell the uppers and rifle kits “OEM” style like Colt did and Aero does with their rifles.  Basically uppers without the hand guards and kits without the pistol grip and stock.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HD2006:
@MSKSS

I’d like to see that offered on all their kits. I think most of us here have a box of furniture that we aren’t using.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#37]
@PalmettoStateArmory

View Quote
Not a bad idea really. Many of the more popular flags mentioned are offered for sale from manufacturers. PSA currently offers a good selection of those historical flags in one fashion or another. I finished the one below not long ago. PSA offers a newer design of the flag. This version is the orginal design used in battle.

Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Thank you sir. Looks like I'm the first to SBR a SPACECANNON-15..
View Quote
Let us know how yours turns out. I'm considering this as well.
Short barrel, Law folder, and D-50 drum mag would make a beast of a truck gun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chargerdude70] [#39]
Originally Posted By Pearljammer8:
Space Cannon 95 and Heros 57 home safe. I guess PSA just likes me, keep getting 2 digit serials!
View Quote
I've was fortunate enough to get 25 and 28...
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#40]
@PalmettoStateArmory

I don’t know about full kits since as others have pointed out above the furniture is quite non-clone. Some might not care about that so it may not be an issue.

What I’d prefer to see:

- 14.5 CHF M4A1 SOCOM barrels w/ FSB
- 14.7 CHF M4A1 SOCOM barrel w/ FSB + pin/weld A2 FH
- 10.3 CHF SOCOM barrel (not drilled for FSB) w/ correct gas port size
- stripped uppers w/o PSA logo but WITH the 7XC20 cage code (near the forge mark)
- mil-spec BCG w/o PSA logo but WITH the 7XC20 cage code (on the left side)
- lower parts kits w/o fire control but NO divots on takedown & pivot pins

With Colt supposedly exiting the civilian rifle market, it’s possible their parts will dry up. PSA could become the go-to for people wanting quality mil-spec parts.

Please also do:

- M16A2 lowers
- M16A4 lowers (featuring 7XC20 cage in a format similar to FN lowers)
- M4 burst lowers (featuring 7XC20 cage in a format similar to FN lowers)

Trust me, I think people might be interested in these. As @BrickWurX likes when I point it out, the M4A1 was my idea and I’m pretty sure that was profitable.

View Quote
I want 14.7 pinned with SOCOM barrel.  I agree with keeping markings off as it will throw off the look of a M4A1.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

Let us know how yours turns out. I'm considering this as well.
Short barrel, Law folder, and D-50 drum mag would make a beast of a truck gun.
View Quote
Will do..

Anyone know how long it takes for ATF to verify a new model for a manufacturer?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Not a bad idea really. Many of the more popular flags mentioned are offered for sale from manufacturers. PSA currently offers a good selection of those historical flags in one fashion or another. I finished the one below not long ago. PSA offers a newer design of the flag. This version is the orginal design used in battle.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48796077998_9e11542d08_b.jpg
View Quote
Thanks! I know some of them are offered elsewhere. And I know SOLGW uses the Sons Of Liberty flag, may be licensed or whatever you wanna call it.

But in my mind, a set of accurate flag lowers, flags both sides, field always forward, not stylized, with regular selector markings would be cats ass. Especially if you could buy them all in a set. I’d spend 500-600 on a set of ten in a nice little case or something.

Just a suggestion. My opinions worth what y’all are paying for it....
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Much disappoint about no Cousin Eddie lower. I guess I’m out on the Christmas lower. That and no “shitters full” makes it a no go.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#44]

I've was fortunate enough to get 25 and 28...
View Quote
I have Wall 96, so close to being twins!
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#46]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48796077998_9e11542d08_b.jpg
View Quote
I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Pearljammer8:

I have Wall 96, so close to being twins!
View Quote
I have Wall 65. Build a 6.5cm. I think my squirrel wall is 22
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#48]
PSA AR-15 "BABYPFG-15" STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER ..... Only 370 left.

These are selling quickly !
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TW200:
PSA AR-15 "BABYPFG-15" STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER ..... Only 370 left.

These are selling quickly !
View Quote
I did my part, I ordered 6.
Page / 660
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top