Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 660
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MidwestRookie:
No one gonna +1 CD's post? Well, big +1..

I won't buy a pinned and welded upper. I also think the smartest business move for all parties is to use a cheap plastic handguard on all options. Throwing the cost up an extra $1-300 for a rail and extra FH or something seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Nice and simple on the easily swapped extras, Josiah. Focus on the guts and people can make any version of an m4a1 they want afterwards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
@PalmettoStateArmory

With many different jurisdictions/restrictions reference NFA areas on the M4 series carbines, I would suggest the following.

Complete parts lower kit
Upper receiver having M4 feed ramps with T marks.
Barrel FN 14.5" with F FSB and the options of a
1) A2 for those that will SBR it or swap for a Surefire 3/4P (also allows those that want different ie DD RIS II M4A1 and low profile gas block)
2) Spacer and A2 Pin and weld
Handguards-M4 Carbine with double heat shields and Oval design.  Leave off the KAC RAS handguards but offer those as a stand alone item.
Rear sight- leave off or offer a MaTech BUIS again stand alone item.

CD

I won't buy a pinned and welded upper. I also think the smartest business move for all parties is to use a cheap plastic handguard on all options. Throwing the cost up an extra $1-300 for a rail and extra FH or something seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Nice and simple on the easily swapped extras, Josiah. Focus on the guts and people can make any version of an m4a1 they want afterwards.
I still think the correct stock and grip should be included, I’ve got no use for another cheap stock and grip that I’ll change out anyway.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MidwestRookie] [#2]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I still think the correct stock and grip should be included, I’ve got no use for another cheap stock and grip that I’ll change out anyway.
View Quote
Are they readily available for a good price so PSA can provide them to us in the numbers they'll need?

If so, sure why not.

If not, it's a minor inconvenience in every sense of the word.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:37:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#3]
Are they readily available for a good price so PSA can provide them to us in the numbers they'll need?

If so, sure why not.

View All Quotes

If so, sure why not.

I’d say that they probably are, and if they aren’t I’d rather they knock $20 off and have no furniture.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
@PalmettoStateArmory

With many different jurisdictions/restrictions reference NFA areas on the M4 series carbines, I would suggest the following.

Complete parts lower kit
1) A2 for those that will SBR it or swap for a Surefire 3/4P (also allows those that want different ie DD RIS II M4A1 and low profile gas block)
Handguards-M4 Carbine with double heat shields and Oval design.  Leave off the KAC RAS handguards but offer those as a stand alone item.

CD
View Quote
What CD said ^
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MSKSS:
So first we were mad about not enough lowers, and now we are mad there are too many? Okay.
Maybe Josiah could hand make the next batch by himself and have a few people from GD there to watch over him.
View Quote
Nope, not touching this. Again, I've expressed my opinion and PSA knows where I-STAND on it. They are the only ones that really matter. And trust me, my purchases from them have not been hindered because of. They've gotten 900 of my hardly earned dollars just in lowers since.

Thank you PSA for this wonderful addiction. My name is CD70, I am PSAoholic.

Gents,

On a side note, I screwed the pooch on my first Form1 by uploading the 5320.23 before signing it. Its been submitted since 9/9. What do you think are the chances of it being kicked back? I haven't heard anything from the ATF on it but I did upload a new signed form last night to cover my ass.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
@PalmettoStateArmory

Complete parts lower kit

CD

Would be very cool/forward thinking if PSA was to set up an "ala carte" menu for the clone upper/build kits. If they plan on having all these items in stock, why couldnt they? 14.5 - 14.7 pin/weld or not option...so on and so forth. I personally have been building piece meals lately due to getting shit in kits I dont want and have more than I will ever use.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Got my A-Salt pistol lower built out of leftover parts laying around. Now to find an upper.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
Would be very cool/forward thinking if PSA was to set up an "ala carte" menu for the clone upper/build kits. If they plan on having all these items in stock, why couldnt they? 14.5 - 14.7 pin/weld or not option...so on and so forth. I personally have been building piece meals lately due to getting shit in kits I dont want and have more than I will ever use.
View All Quotes
@PalmettoStateArmory

Complete parts lower kit

CD

That would be the best option for us, but probably a logistical nightmare.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:46:18 AM EDT
[#9]

That would be the best option for us, but probably a logistical nightmare.
View Quote
No stock, grip or handguards would be my preference. Doubly so if it took a few $ off the price.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:59:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bucko1975:
Hey Josiah,

Have you guys started using the new in house anodizing machine your brother spoke about in the YouTube video.
I just picked up my A-Salt, Spacerover, and I-Stand.

The Spacerover and I-Stand have a much darker and shinier anodizing than the A-Salts.  I was wondering if they were from the new machine and that would be the new style or they were just done by a different vendor.
Thanks!
View Quote
Just picked up my I Stand lower a few days ago.  Next to my M4A1 lowers, Space Force, PFG and Reaper lowers, the I Stand is much darker and looks a hell of a lot better finish wise.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

We apologize for going over again. To make this not happen another time, I am being inserted into the production scheduling for the lowers. We ended up making about 2100 of the I-stand 15's. We will make sure it does not happen again. While we do try to get things 100% regarding these lowers, unfortunately mistakes happen. We are putting in a procedure to make sure it does not happen again. The I-stand 9 and 10's will not be going beyond 1776.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
Glad to hear this. Means a lot, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 4:04:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#12]
Originally Posted By AmmoSexual:

Nah people aren’t mad that there’s too many lowers, they’re mad that specific lowers advertised to be limited to a specific number were not limited to that specific number. They wouldn’t put that there was a limited number in the description if that wasn’t a selling point.
View Quote
This guy gets it. PSA's lying or misinformation about mintage numbers is cheesy as hell. Buzz kills the fun out of collecting the whole PSA meme lower series for me.
Hopefully all my bitching about it in this thread helped PSA change, fix the bullcrap. Despite all the PSA kool aid drinkers in this thread giving me greif.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Frankly, if PSA is making money selling customer driven design concepts, they should sell as many as they want to. If they want to limited edition the runs(which I do believe helps drive the sales vs letting folks think maybe it will be offered again) then simply limit how long they are available for order and then run a few extra hundred for the local stores to sell in store and maybe a few post initial release "reserve stock" sales during peak times of the year. You all getting hung up on 750 vs 2000 don't get that every lower they sell is return on investment from taking on this threads ideas and thus it better supports the overall goal of what we're after here, which is a continuing flow of unique designs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:16:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#14]
Originally Posted By TW200:
This guy gets it. PSA's lying or misinformation about mintage numbers is cheesy as hell. Buzz kills the fun out of collecting the whole PSA meme lower series for me.
Hopefully all my bitching about it in this thread helped PSA change, fix the bullcrap. Despite all the PSA kool aid drinkers in this thread giving me greif.
View All Quotes

Nah people aren’t mad that there’s too many lowers, they’re mad that specific lowers advertised to be limited to a specific number were not limited to that specific number. They wouldn’t put that there was a limited number in the description if that wasn’t a selling point.
I’m guessing the overrun for limited lowers was a calculation based on the requested total run number.  Not by advertising, management, or web development teams, which all understood only a limited number was scheduled for sale. But by the production team, which has probably always produced an additional amount of lowers based on that requested total, regarding QC inspection post production.

We’ve seen a few customers report issues here on this forum concerning a blem or damaged lower. Josiah has always taken care of them. I’m sure this happens on a slightly larger scale outside of this thread. Josiah has stated in the past that PSA holds a few lowers back to ensure customers are taken care of. This may also be the reason PSA production may intentionally make a calculated overrun. Which explains why a few lowers pop up for sale on the site after they have been sold out for quite some time, they are reducing that “holdover” stock once they feel comfortable they have taken care of bulk issues. Overage production could just be business as usual on the manufacturing side, and the reason Josiah has stepped in to review.

Sort of a conundrum when limiting production runs to exact numbers. If X amount of lowers are sold and only X produced, then QC catches a few post serialization, or some come back as blemish returns, what happens to those customer purchases? It leaves them out of luck. But if an overrun is made to ensure those customers are taken care of, other customers may be upset to see numbers above that advertised range. The only fix for this may be to advertise a specific number for production in the future, but actually offer for sale less than the advertised amount. Which I in turne may open up a completely different  line of complaints.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#15]
or
Originally Posted By Wangstang:  if PSA is making money selling customer driven design concepts, they should sell as many as they want to. If they want to limited edition the runs(which I do believe helps drive the sales vs letting folks think maybe it will be offered again) then simply limit how long they are available for order and then run a few extra hundred for the local stores to sell in store and maybe a few post initial release "reserve stock" sales during peak times of the year. You all getting hung up on 750 vs 2000 don't get that every lower they sell is return on investment from taking on this threads ideas and thus it better supports the overall goal of what we're after here, which is a continuing flow of unique designs.
View Quote
If I'm reading this correct, you rather see PSA produce a shit load, sell what they can at full price, then sell leftovers at a 29.99 blowout price just to get rid of them and piss off the people that paid full price? They did that, its not good business. Your 750 vs 2000 statement means nothing here. The whole point was that they "Advertised" the lowers to be a specified number and did not hold to it, on two different lowers. Customers have a "Right" to be upset about that. It's called false advertising. Sad part is, no one knew about it until they started shipping due to fact they were a pre-ordered and paid for in advance. They could not cancel the order if they wanted to. What concerning to me, is whats this say about PSA's internal communications? Josiah knew about specified limited production run (He specified it in here). Advertisement dept knew about it. Wheres the disconnect? Could you imagine if a car company did this with a numbered limited run of "whatever", customers would be furious. Hopefully Josiah comes through with his word and fixes the future items at hand and saves face. Proof is in the pudding and if there are reports of I STAND-9 or 10 with SN higher than 1776, we will know. Nuff said on that...

Now, my thoughts are PSA should limit ALL these to a specified number. I believed they did in beginning to the first few to like 2500. PSA will make same amount of money and get through the list faster and keep peoples interest that way. Some are waiting for a lower that is way down the list. Time goes by, life happens, next you know, your target audience has dwindled. There will never be a drought of ideas in this thread for meme lowers and the fact the news media and politicians supply many on their own and the "Series" is a great concept as well. People want to collect them all and for PSA, that's a gift that keeps giving.  These are just one mans opinion. But it takes someone that matters to come up with this concept for it to fly.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

I’m guessing the overrun for limited lowers was a calculation based on the requested total run number.  Not by advertising, management, or web development teams, which all understood only a limited number was scheduled for sale. But by the production team, which has probably always produced an additional amount of lowers based on that requested total, regarding QC inspection post production.

We’ve seen a few customers report issues here on this forum concerning a blem or damaged lower. Josiah has always taken care of them. I’m sure this happens on a slightly larger scale outside of this thread. Josiah has stated in the past that PSA holds a few lowers back to ensure customers are taken care of. This may also be the reason PSA production may intentionally make a calculated overrun. Which explains why a few lowers pop up for sale on the site after they have been sold out for quite some time, they are reducing that “holdover” stock once they feel comfortable they have taken care of bulk issues. Overage production could just be business as usual on the manufacturing side, and the reason Josiah has stepped in to review.

Sort of a conundrum when limiting production runs to exact numbers. If X amount of lowers are sold and only X produced, then QC catches a few post serialization, or some come back as blemish returns, what happens to those customer purchases? It leaves them out of luck. But if an overrun is made to ensure those customers are taken care of, other customers may be upset to see numbers above that advertised range. The only fix for this may be to advertise a specific number for production in the future, but actually offer for sale less than the advertised amount. Which I in turne may open up a completely different  line of complaints.
View Quote
PSA created this problem when the words "Only 1776 of these are going to be made, so all serial numbers will be #1 through #1776" were specified. With that  said, how in the manufacturing process can this be adhered to? Is it too far fetched for the SN be that last step? ALL QC's done prior to, then SN applied and off to anodizing? I would think there is some SOP in place for such manufacturing process for limited numbered runs?
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#17]
or

If I'm reading this correct, you rather see PSA produce a shit load, sell what they can at full price, then sell leftovers at a 29.99 blowout price just to get rid of them and piss off the people that paid full price? They did that, its not good business. Your 750 vs 2000 statement means nothing here. The whole point was that they "Advertised" the lowers to be a specified number and did not hold to it, on two different lowers. Customers have a "Right" to be upset about that. It's called false advertising. Sad part is, no one knew about it until they started shipping due to fact they were a pre-ordered and paid for in advance. They could not cancel the order if they wanted to. What concerning to me, is whats this say about PSA's internal communications? Josiah knew about specified limited production run (He specified it in here). Advertisement dept knew about it. Wheres the disconnect? Could you imagine if a car company did this with a numbered limited run of "whatever", customers would be furious. Hopefully Josiah comes through with his word and fixes the future items at hand and saves face. Proof is in the pudding and if there are reports of I STAND-9 or 10 with SN higher than 1776, we will know. Nuff said on that...

Now, my thoughts are PSA should limit ALL these to a specified number. I believed they did in beginning to the first few to like 2500. PSA will make same amount of money and get through the list faster and keep peoples interest that way. Some are waiting for a lower that is way down the list. Time goes by, life happens, next you know, your target audience has dwindled. There will never be a drought of ideas in this thread for meme lowers and the fact the news media and politicians supply many on their own and the "Series" is a great concept as well. People want to collect them all and for PSA, that's a gift that keeps giving.  These are just one mans opinion. But it takes someone that matters to come up with this concept for it to fly.  
View Quote
Man emotions are high for some here.

Let me give you an example of what I'm saying:
Today PSA posts a new design and says now open for orders, you have x number of days to place the order and that's it except for a few over runs we may release from time to time.
X number of days hits, they close orders.
As Brick just pointed out production needs to produce the quantity ordered plus some for Blem/Defect issues.
Production says we have a chance for up to a 4% Blem issue so for every 100 ordered, we need 5 extra. We'd like put 50 of each in our stores. Calculated to total production and production starts.
Ship orders and to stores.
Black Friday rolls around and PSA says look, we've got 40 of Blem replacements left lets offer 10 on the website, along with 10 from a few other designs, at a slightly higher premium.(Ever buy a "reserve stock" whiskey/wine) This gives some incentive to order on the original production but also draws in folks for a rare chance when you want to get them buying other items as well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#18]
PSA created this problem when the words "Only 1776 of these are going to be made, so all serial numbers will be #1 through #1776" were specified. With that  said, how in the manufacturing process can this be adhered to? Is it too far fetched for the SN be that last step? ALL QC's done prior to, then SN applied and off to anodizing? I would think there is some SOP in place for such manufacturing process for limited numbered runs?
View All Quotes

As I wrote prior,  I'm not defending PSA as I'm not sure how this whole thing works exactly. I only offered a perspective some may not have considered. In truth, I try not to pick sides concerning lowers design or production as I want to remain somewhat indifferent in order to deliver what folks want. While not an employee of PSA, I am learning how this process works through communications with the company and Josiah. With that said, I also do not work for you or other forum members here, but I DO listen to everyone as best I can, technically working with both parties to one extent or another. I find myself trying to understand different perspectives, then compare any one request or issue against the bigger pciture.

As so much of this thread and custom lower production is fairly new to everyone involved, meaning we have all experienced some bumps along the way, mostly good, but not always (BURT). Rolling with new ideas isn't perfect, but it's been getting the job done for the most part, and quickly. Quickly being a key word, when folks are complaining their custom lower wasn't delivered within an "estimated" timeline, then complain about the rushed results. We are all learning as we go, and I would say most have benefited from it.

I hope that you and others do not think my posts are delivered as accusatory, rude, or as an excuse. The written word is often translated by readers differently than the author intended (text messages are the worst), I do not post in order to offend.

EDITED- I do not post in order to offend.  Not in this thread at least
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Some T-shirt Samples.  Thoughts?

Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#20]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48809157453_53c63db543_b.jpg
View Quote
To be honest we need to drop the Beto thing. We need to quit giving that POS attention

the other shirt is nice
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I did my part, I ordered 6.
View All Quotes
PSA AR-15 "BABYPFG-15" STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER ..... Only 370 left.

These are selling quickly !
I did my part, I ordered 6.
Got mine!

I’m skipping the Halloween one.  Might get thanksgiving and Christmas.

No idea what I’m doing with all these lowers....
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XeonEvolved] [#23]

View Quote
Not interested in a beta shirt. The other one looks good but I think the stars should be on the upper left corner of the flag when vertical.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#24]
Please make as many M16A2, M16A4 & M4 (burst) lowers as possible with no limits on purchase and unlimited serial number ranges.

And wow this should help w/ shipping....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:

Not interested in a beta shirt. The other one looks good but I think the stars should be on the upper left corner of the flag when vertical.
View Quote
I won't argue that hearing about Beto gets old, but if he keeps making noise, maybe we should too. Also not sure about the direction of the flag, but I did notice Lady Liberty was also reversed after your post, that could have happened while vectoring the work. See if this one looks better.

The Beto shirt is just a dig, I would like to see the American Symbols of Freedom shirt happen.

Link Posted: 9/28/2019 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Frankly, if PSA is making money selling customer driven design concepts, they should sell as many as they want to.
View Quote
I don’t think anyone disagrees. If that’s what they want to do then they should, just don’t tell us after advertising (as a selling point in the description) that there will be a specific limited number. It’s 100% on them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:

Man emotions are high for some here.......................

Production says we have a chance for up to a 4% Blem issue so for every 100 ordered, we need 5 extra..................................
View Quote
Nah, emotions are not high here. It's not personal, just business.

Your statement works fine for a run that has no SPECIFIED limit, but not for one that does. Lets take a limited run of say, 500. SN's would range from 1 to 500. They go through the whole process of manufacturing and out of the 500, there are 7 blems. What path do they take, produce 7 more additional units or just sell the 7 as "BLEMS". Make more and now you have SN 1-507. Besides pissing people off, making more is not beneficial or profiting. Their machines cost money whether running or not. Every cycle start either makes money or costs and every mistake is 3 fold. The mistake itself, the item they make to replace that mistake, and the item they would have made instead of the replacement. Holding to the 500 limit, blems or not, keeps the machinery running in a forward direction, not making up for oops. 493 customers are happy campers with 100% QC and 7 are happy with a blem at a lesser cost. So for Pre-orders like they did, use your methodology and only have "X" percent out of the run for sale up front and then when all is said and done, release the last percentage as whatever they are. It'S A WIN WIN for all. Has PSA done other limited runs besides the PFG. With it, did they produce exactly "500" 100% QC units or add a percentage for chance of blems? I haven't heard of a SN past 500 so I believe they are capable of doing so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Kids built their first AR lowers thanks to some kits from PSA. They learned the value of paying attention as well after the first spring and detente went flying.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:
Kids built their first AR lowers thanks to some kits from PSA. They learned the value of paying attention as well after the first spring and detente went flying.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60078/IMG_2206-san_jpg-1106033.JPG
View Quote
LOL, I have a corner in my living room that has 2 or 3 dollars worth. Damn carpeting eats everything small....

By the way, very good family time.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By NOLAGT:

I only sit to pee if I’m too drunk or hungover to stand lol

I was saying a Beowulf not Bmg...but I had no idea they had 50bmg uppers for a ar15.

I will have to look into those uppers and see what they are about.
View Quote
lol. aint nothin wrong with sittin, i found that out when i was diagnosed with the big C.  9 times outta 10, its better due to balance issues.

A beowulf would be cool, but that lower is screaming for a 50bmg instead.  build both, just use that lower for the bmg.  :)
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:

lol. aint nothin wrong with sittin, i found that out when i was diagnosed with the big C.  9 times outta 10, its better due to balance issues.

A beowulf would be cool, but that lower is screaming for a 50bmg instead.  build both, just use that lower for the bmg.  :)
View Quote
Man keep up the good fight!  I have had 3 surgeries in 3 years and almost died from a PE earlier this year from one knee surgery (ordered a psa lower when I came out of Anastasia lol). The big C skers me tho.

Yea it’s a done deal now I’m going to get a SHTF 50 bmg single shot upper for it. I always want a bmg just to have but spending the 6-8k on one was not in the cards...too much other stuff wanted. I didn’t know they had that before but now....I will have
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
That relates to my question a few pages back.  When are they stamped with the serial numbers? When they get their serial number that when they actually become a FFL item.   If they post they will only sale 1776 of a certain lower, and make 2000 of them, inspect and serialize the 1776 of them and then send the rest back to be melted and made into a different lower??  Possible?
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By NOLAGT:

Man keep up the good fight!  I have had 3 surgeries in 3 years and almost died from a PE earlier this year from one knee surgery (ordered a psa lower when I came out of Anastasia lol). The big C skers me tho.

Yea it’s a done deal now I’m going to get a SHTF 50 bmg single shot upper for it. I always want a bmg just to have but spending the 6-8k on one was not in the cards...too much other stuff wanted. I didn’t know they had that before but now....I will have
View Quote
thanks man! i will!!  dang PE's scare me too man.  just as much as the big C does.  I've lived with it for about 2 years now, and i'm Leaps and bounds better than i was last year that is for sure.  Thanks be to God, the arfcom family, the PSA family, and my Family and friends personally, for the support, prayers, and care that . yall have given me freely.  I wouldnt be here without all that positivity and love.  I am a firm believer that attitude plays a lot int it, and having you all behind me has kept my attitude up there very positive, and thats a great thing.

Thats awesome about the 50bmg.  I wanna build one myself, nothing says fun like cracking open engine blocks. :) lol
all in time for me though.

Glad you're still with us man, those PEs are no joke.  you take care of yourself.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:45:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pothole] [#34]
Originally Posted By sigking:

That relates to my question a few pages back.  When are they stamped with the serial numbers? When they get their serial number that when they actually become a FFL item.   If they post they will only sale 1776 of a certain lower, and make 2000 of them, inspect and serialize the 1776 of them and then send the rest back to be melted and made into a different lower??  Possible?
View Quote
I don’t work for PSA, but I do work in a machine shop for what it’s worth. I’m sure they laser/mill the serial at the same time they do all the other images on the lower. It would be stupid no too, in volume machining your setups are what costs time, to make a lower, pull it out, inspect it, then put it back into the que to get into the mill is silly. You are doubling the human handling of each piece, doubling the mounting into the fixture and doubling the setup of the run.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Pothole:
I don't work for PSA, but I do work in a machine shop for what it's worth. I'm sure they laser/mill the serial at the same time they do all the other images on the lower. It would be stupid no too, in volume machining your setups are what costs time, to make a lower, pull it out, inspect it, then put it back into the que to get into the mill is silly. You are doubling the human handling of each piece, doubling the mounting into the fixture and doubling the setup of the run.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pothole:

I don't work for PSA, but I do work in a machine shop for what it's worth. I'm sure they laser/mill the serial at the same time they do all the other images on the lower. It would be stupid no too, in volume machining your setups are what costs time, to make a lower, pull it out, inspect it, then put it back into the que to get into the mill is silly. You are doubling the human handling of each piece, doubling the mounting into the fixture and doubling the setup of the run.
Plus, I think the BATFE frowns upon having functional lowers sitting around without serial numbers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Been gone for a while and again it looks like we have some cry babies pooping their pants about limited lowers and the price drop of the leftovers Josiah "squirreled away" if any needed to be replaced.  So as an orginal cry-baby (see pic) who have cried about the price increase, taxes, shipping from PSA to PSA, so called limited runs, and wanting the PFG to be reproduced I just want you guys to realize that PSA is the only company that will literally let us (as in the same us that are on here bitching) come up with just about any design to put on a stripped lower for a decent price.  So here is some advice buy the lower you want and if the price drops buy it again and do a bill of sale or whatever legal means to sell the first one to someone for the price you paid and you might even get a better SN.  PS Josiah @ PalmettoStateArmory Im still waiting on my PFG  lower that you owe me and our PSA80 glock lower
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Got shipping notice for Baby PFG, can't wait to see it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By A-10:
Got shipping notice for Baby PFG, can't wait to see it.
View Quote
Be nice if mine shipped. I have 13 lowers at the FFL right now and be nice to get those as well this next transaction.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Surage:
.......Im still waiting on my PFG  lower that you owe me and our PSA80 glock lower
https://live.staticflickr.com/7924/32374327527_bb3573d0cc_k.jpg
View Quote
PSA owes me 6 PFG's. They are just baby ones....
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#41]

I don’t think anyone disagrees. If that’s what they want to do then they should, just don’t tell us after advertising (as a selling point in the description) that there will be a specific limited number. It’s 100% on them.
View Quote
I think that's a fair assessment. The web sales guys should have capped the I stand  quantity at 1725 so that no more could be ordered and then production should have been notified to stop at 1776...PSA acknowledged they screwed up with that a couple of times and they are trying to fix it. It sucks but really, mistakes happen. It's not like they produced 17,760 of them....or did they
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:58:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#42]
View All Quotes

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to any of those questions sir. I was honest in my previous statement when I wrote that this was only my best guess. Thing are always easier in hind sight, I'm sure PSA would have handled it differently if they knew this problem would occur. Josiah has apologized to the forum and promised to look into it. He then followed up with a message that he would be more involved where he can be to prevent this from happening again. He has always been very forthright and honest when posting in this thread. I trust him to handle it.

I double PSA will ask for my input on future short run sales, but just in case they do, see below. Now I should include the fact that I have a feeling if they actually did follow my suggestion, this thread would stay ticked off at me every time a limited run hit the PSA website. But hey, at least folks would stop complaining about an accidental overrun.

- If PSA states on the website they are going to make a limited run of 1775, then that's all they make, if a percentage fails, those numbers are rectified below.

- Instead of having customers buy into a limited lower and receive a higher serial number in order to take care of every buyer, only list 1500 of the 1775 for sale at regular price.

- If "number chasers" get bent they didn't get a lower first run, well at least they didn't pay for it, and they can anxiously wait for round two.

- Once the smoke clears after the 1500 goes out (allowing 30-45 days to pass to address any issues), PSA tallies up the remaining lowers, doubles the price, and post the now "more limited" limited lowers for sale!

- As a perk, PSA should also withhold key serialized lowers from the original sale, such as 0556, 0300, 0087, and of course 1775,  relisting those with the increased priced second run.

- You now have a 1 in 65 chance that you will get a cool serial number for your additional  charge (because a serial number is what everyone is upset about). Those chances are better if PSA withholds more unique serial numbered lowers, or if a higher percentage of the 1775 fail.  Did I mention this is like gambling? Its almost like I am promoting the GAMBLER-15 lower coming soon (PSA should withhold 7, 11, 12, 13,  21, and 777, at a minimum here). But you gotta act fast, cause the second run more expensive deal, won't last long!

As an added bonus for those that may complain about paying twice the price, but still get that second chance (cause my idea is sorta harsh, and ya can't please everyone), PSA should remind everyone that at least they didn't drop the price with one of those Daily Deals folks are always asking for, and then also include a link to this thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 5:05:40 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
They promised a limit run on the Alien 15 lower that was completely different. PSA limited the run of the Alien 15 lower to those sold within a VERY short ordering time period (just s few days). I knew this would be the new "key" lowest mintage to the set.
The ordering period ended and PSA ended sales. What does PSA do? PSA quietly reopened the sales of the Alien 15 two or three more times. I called PSA and canceled 90% of my order. It really took the wind out of my sails for collecting PSA meme lowers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#44]

They promised a limit run on the Alien 15 lower that was completely different. PSA limited the run of the Alien 15 lower to those sold within a VERY short ordering time period (just s few days). I knew this would be the new "key" lowest mintage to the set.
The ordering period ended and PSA ended sales. What does PSA do? PSA quietly reopened the sales of the Alien 15 two or three more times. I called PSA and canceled 90% of my order. It really took the wind out of my sails for collecting PSA meme lowers.
View Quote
As for the Alien lowers I would bet a bunch of people cancelled their order after PSA already had them in production.  Others likely cancelled when it did not show up at their FFL in 2.5 days.  That is likely why they reappeared for sale.  PSA  shouldn't have to throw away product just because the original window closed and people changed their minds.

I impulse bought a second Yeet-15 I wish I wouldn't of but I did not cancel the order because I committed to buying it.

I'm surprised they haven't just quit the whole thing and just went back to standard lowers.  There are several other companies that I wouldn't put past them to pull a fast one but PSA has always been more than fair with their product.  Hell they are only charging $50 for a specialty lower when others charge twice that or more for a standard lower.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Did I get a very affordable, custom, crazy artwork lower from a good company?  I’m good, Fam.

In regards to serial # chasing, they should pull a few of the high prized ones occasionally and put them on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bucko1975:

As for the Alien lowers I would bet a bunch of people cancelled their order after PSA already had them in production.
 Others likely cancelled when it did not show up at their FFL in 2.5 days.  That is likely why they reappeared for sale.  PSA  shouldn't have to throw away product just because the original window closed and people changed their minds.

I impulse bought a second Yeet-15 I wish I wouldn't of but I did not cancel the order because I committed to buying it.

I'm surprised they haven't just quit the whole thing and just went back to standard lowers.  There are several other companies that I wouldn't put past them to pull a fast one but PSA has always been more than fair with their product.  Hell they are only charging $50 for a specialty lower when others charge twice that or more for a standard lower.
View Quote
Your statement above is one valid reason the new "pre-order system" is much better. Once money is spent, it tends to get forgotten. Personally, I've never reneged on a verbal pre-order but with the old way, buyers remorse/"shit happens" sets in, and it became more susceptible to people opt'ing out. Josiah said a few pages back that PSA needs a min of 500 sold units to be profitable. With the new pre-order system, they can judge interest much better. If they don't sell the min needed in a certain amount of time, they can nix that lower and move on. Or, drop in here to let us know where it stands. If its that close to not hitting that 500 mark, I'm sure members in here will come to the rescue to make it happen. .
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By tlbailey1:
Did I get a very affordable, custom, crazy artwork lower from a good company?  I’m good, Fam.

In regards to serial # chasing, they should pull a few of the high prized ones occasionally and put them on gunbroker.
View Quote
Please hold back every 0518, 1017, 1026, 1106, and 1227. I will buy them at a premium just to have.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#48]
@PalmettoStateArmory

I vote for unpinned 14.5 M4a1 barrels please.  I prefer not to be stuck with the extended A2
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:05:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgb03] [#49]
I posted pics of my Yeet lower with some bad finish machining. 3 weeks later I received "a nice one" as a replacement. Im less concerned with the limited edition mess and more concerned with getting a non blemished lower. Maybe I'm being to picky on a $50 lower. Curious to know what you guys think of my "nice" replacement?

Same flat spot of front magwell flare. Less pronounced but it's there
Attachment Attached File

Sharp burrs on inside top edge of magwell
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#50]
The roll mark looks fuzzy for a lack of a better description on the replacement

Original
Attachment Attached File

Replacement
Attachment Attached File
Page / 660
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top