Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just saw the bat signal. What are we talking about? I like how the NYT article manages to go on and on about the experiment and not really say anything.
View Quote

Oh Snap!!!

PLAYER 1 HAS ENTERED THE GAME!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's more like the puzzle fits together, but the corners aren't perfectly square at the end.
View Quote

Lol. Gotcha.

I'd that really any different though?

Quantum field theory, which is ancient and disproven seems like the best fit in my mind.

Anyway, I think that governments probably do posses all sorts of anti-gravity and/or EM drive propulsion, but that it exists simply because they've used academia to push a rabbit hole physics narrative that keeps us proles ignorant, while working on "real" tech themselves.

Speed
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#4]
They left this out of the NYT article.

The result is 3.3 standard deviations greater than the standard model prediction and is in excellent agreement with the previous Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) E821 measurement. After combination with previous measurements of both + and , the new experimental average of a(Exp) = 116 592 061(41)  1011 (0.35 ppm) increases the tension between experiment and theory to 4.2 standard deviations.
View Quote
So the result is only 3.3 std dev. I hear there is also already a paper about corrections to the SM that brings this in line. They've still got a lot of data left, but this is still in fluctuation space.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I just want to know if this means I am finally going to get my phased plasma rifle in a 40 W range.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Chris Polly doesn't look like a woman of color...

I'm stunned that a white male made such a discovery.  Never been dun befoe!
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just saw the bat signal. What are we talking about? I like how the NYT article manages to go on and on about the experiment and not really say anything.
View Quote
It's because they aren't that smart.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
here's the announcement, which um... makes it  um... magnets

Scientific Seminar: First results from the Muon g-2 experiment at Fermilab

and then a lot of Q&A

Press Conference: First results from the Muon g-2 experiment at Fermilab
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81PfYnpuOPA

and then a lot of Q&A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrus0aIa94I
View Quote
I need cloud chamber art now
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#11]
If a particle is "disobeying the known laws of physics" then unless your measurements are wrong, the "known laws of physics" are incorrect.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81PfYnpuOPA

and then a lot of Q&A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrus0aIa94I
View Quote
Aida said all particles get their mass from the Higgs boson . Not very precise for a theorist.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#13]
The US Government discovered this 50 years ago at the Super Large Particle Driver under Area 51. Why do you think those Tik Tacs can move like that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The problem is they match the SM pretty fucking well. The deviations are very tiny. There are still some big puzzles left, and the big issue is even if you can detect the deviations, at this point we don't know what they mean. The proton spin puzzle, naturalness, and this result are just a few examples.
View Quote

I know this is probably ignorant as hell... but here it goes.

Is it possible that some of the deviations we see are subatomic particles not from our universe?  Perhaps at the energies used, and as sensitive the detectors, we are peering into another universe, or perhaps the subatomic particles are coming from some place outside of our spacetime and physics?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is it possible that some of the deviations we see are subatomic particles not from our universe?  Perhaps at the energies used, and as sensitive the detectors, we are peering into another universe, or perhaps the subatomic particles are coming from some place outside of our spacetime and physics?
View Quote
It could be that there are other particles, like SUSY, that require small corrections to the SM because they are part of the particle sea (they talk about this a little bit in the g-2 talk). There's something we're missing. It could be that we just truly don't understand all the systematic uncertainties of all these different measurements, which isn't a huge stretch. Or it could be there is still new physics that we haven't seen yet. SUSY is kinda sorta like seeing particles from an alternate dimension, if you think about this in a cartoonish way. They are like a mirror of the current SM.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#16]
When Edward Teller invented the " Super" aka the dark sun hydrogen bomb it didn't set the atmosphere on fire perhaps the Munon bomb can?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I've read some Michio Kaku, Brian Greene, Sagan, that robotic wheelchair dude, etc... so I'm pretty much an expert on this subject matter. Is this the best thread for me to enter for shit-talking members with very physics-related names? Because I'd really like to talk down to someone named DrStringTheory or ProfessorParticle or something similar. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It could be that there are other particles, like SUSY, that require small corrections to the SM because they are part of the particle sea (they talk about this a little bit in the g-2 talk). There's something we're missing. It could be that we just truly don't understand all the systematic uncertainties of all these different measurements, which isn't a huge stretch. Or it could be there is still new physics that we haven't seen yet. SUSY is kinda sorta like seeing particles from an alternate dimension, if you think about this in a cartoonish way. They are like a mirror of the current SM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks MrHiggs. I will read more on super symmetry.  I really wish I would have went down the path toward learning more about physics when I was young.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A lot of you do not believe in vaccines but you want to talk about new possible physics?
View Quote

Vaccines themselves are good. I don't trust the extra crap they slide in, or the government overlords who have undoubtedly proven they don't give a fuck about anything except power and money cramming them down our throats.

Government does not know best, comrade.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#20]
So. Nobody has stated the obvious:

MUON LABE!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top