BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd run for the BoD again if Wayne is ousted.
View Quote
I would finally submit the information for my NRA Life Badge and go get my NRA Instructors Certs if he was thrown out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill support Salma twice...one for each boobie.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
This will be interesting. Good to see the BoD speaking for the membership. Wayne needs to go.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wow, look at all you lapping up bullshit in an article based on "According to someone we've spoken to".    An anonymous source from a low level website, must be legit.

It is sad how much you all hope for the demise of the NRA.
View Quote
You think ousting WLP is the demise of the NRA?!?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This will be interesting. Good to see the BoD speaking for the membership. Wayne needs to go.
View Quote
They get attaboys if they remove Wayne anything else is a fail.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd run for the BoD again if Wayne is ousted.
View Quote
I'd love to vote for you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow, look at all you lapping up bullshit in an article based on "According to someone we've spoken to".    An anonymous source from a low level website, must be legit.

View Quote
What we are hoping for is the return of the “Not one more inch” NRA of old, not the “compromise our rights away” NRA we have now.

That won’t happen with people like Wayne and Marion still around.

When that old NRA returns people will flock back with their wallets open and eager to donate. Until that happens the compromising NRA is not our ally.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#10]
If true, about fucking time.

Hope they oust that piece of shit Hammer too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Trying to remove him is a step in the right direction, but it bothers me that the NRA will replace him with another life long "president"

What's this permanent president crap?  To me that's a monarchy. The NRA needs to have us members be able to vote these "presidents" in or OUT.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Wayne is not removed and the BOD does not clean up the NRA it will be dissolved by the State of New York for failing to follow NY law with regard to Non Profit Organizations. Imagine NRA being dissolved and broke-up by a NY State appointed Special Master with all assets being liquidated to pay the debts, fines, and penalties.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, since Wayne LaPierre has run the NRA through the Executive Committee as if it were the Politburo and the BoD as the rubber stamp legislature that was the Supreme Soviet. I feel that his removal from the NRA will be much like Beria's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjT2FhubAf0

Politically violent and by force.

Now, will Marion Hammer be removed as well.
View Quote
1:31 “Shut the fuck up Donny!”
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
The NRA is bigger than LaPierre. We don’t wish for it’s demise, just his removal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Not sure how Salma Hayek got into this discussion, but I approve.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Please let this be true.

Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL... TTAG is one of the largest gun blogs online and I write for them on the side.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is sad how much you all hope for the demise repair of the broken NRA.
View Quote
Fixed it for ya..

If the likes of li'l wayne and that hammer bitch are ousted and replaced by good people, see the ranks grow.

You guys are as bad as the anti's. There are problems that need to be fixed, clearly, and you just refuse to admit it, while greedily lapping up every crumb of the runny shit sammiches they're feeding you. Denial is a terrible affliction.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wonder how that is actually set up. Can the BoD actually vote to fire him?

I know of an organization that the whole board of directors thing is merely a front. They do not have the power to fire the CEO and President.

They have no real power but it looks good, keeps the dollars flowing by "electing" certain folks to the board.
View Quote
I'm guessing with the NRA being a non-profit it's a combination of what the Charter and By-Laws state vs a public corporation's stockholders voting to oust a EVP or officer.

I'd like to know for sure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure who here is "hop[ing] for the demise of the NRA." Many of us a hoping that the BoD installs a new EVP that will run the NRA in a way that is both more transparent and more beneficial to the membership.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
No what is sad is all the money donated and spent on the NRA, all the time and effort give to the NRA and gun freedoms are declining nationally not increasing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nothing will save YOU if you don't quit messing around with your avatar!
View Quote
I changed it 5 times the other night because PAspeedmaster.

Which one are you seeing?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Exactly. That is what happened with this other deal I know about.

They did the exact same thing about changing the rules on how members of the BoD could be selected as the NRA did a couple years back.

Makes it almost impossible to get people on the board who are not chosen by the selection committee.
View Quote
Yup. They also changed it to where a member petition to change something can be unanimously vetoed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hopefully the BoD does what is necessary to start righting the ship.
View Quote
This... they need to turn this thing around.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#25]
All you black rifle enthusiast should be thanking Wayne for the work the NRA did to help ensure their was a sunset clause on AWB and that it in fact did sunset. Without the NRA the ar15 wouldn't be "America's Rifle" and we would all be shooting a neutered Mini-14 and hanging out at Perfect Union. The guy is a hero and Patriot. With that said, it is time for a change of leadership. The NRA has lost its way and is so bloated at the top it is disgusting. I could give a rats ass about the bump stock issue but the precedent was set that the NRA will throw a few under the bus to protect the at large. That is unacceptable, the NRA should be about protecting and expanding all gun rights while not giving an inch. Compromise is always necessary to get things done in politics but it should never be at the expense of our current rights. The ILA continues to do amazing work and the trolls on here should look at gun rights circa 1990 and compare them to today. These advances in freedom didn't come cheap or easy. Constitutional Carry and shall issue are becoming the norm in free states and that was unthinkable 20 years ago. Al Gore wanted every gun owner in America to have to carry a gun owners card in order to buy handguns, a further list of awb, and ammo. Your black rifle rights literally came down to a couple hundred votes in Florida during 2000.

Bottom line...the cat lady and Wayne have to go! I hope our guy on here decides to run one more time, this story proves change is coming and they are hearing us. The current leadership has done amazing work and thank the Lord for it. However, it is now time for a new direction. Wayne should leave with his head held high and let someone else carry freedom's burden. He has earned every penny of his retirement and should go enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No what is sad is all the money donated and spent on the NRA, all the time and effort give to the NRA and gun freedoms are declining nationally not increasing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm spending my time/money helping PA's state level organizations. We are under attack here and the NRA is basically absent beyond sending out a few emails. All attention i used to give the NRA is now going to state/local orgs that are actually fighting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All you black rifle enthusiast should be thanking Wayne for the work the NRA did to help ensure their was a sunset clause on AWB and that it in fact did sunset. Without the NRA the ar15 wouldn't be "America's Rifle" and we would all be shooting a neutered Mini-14 and hanging out at Perfect Union. The guy is a hero and Patriot. With that said, it is time for a change of leadership. The NRA has lost its way and is so bloated at the top it is disgusting. I could give a rats ass about the bump stock issue but the precedent was set that the NRA will throw a few under the bus to protect the at large. That is unacceptable, the NRA should be about protecting and expanding all gun rights while not giving an inch. Compromise is always necessary to get things done in politics but it should never be at the expense of our current rights. The ILA continues to do amazing work and the trolls on here should look at gun rights circa 1990 and compare them to today. These advances in freedom didn't come cheap or easy. Constitutional Carry and shall issue are becoming the norm in free states and that was unthinkable 20 years ago. Al Gore wanted every gun owner in America to have to carry a gun owners card in order to buy handguns, a further list of awb, and ammo. Your black rifle rights literally came down to a couple hundred votes in Florida during 2000.

Bottom line...the cat lady and Wayne have to go! I hope our guy on here decides to run one more time, this story proves change is coming and they are hearing us. The current leadership has done amazing work and thank the Lord for it. However, it is now time for a new direction. Wayne should leave with his head held high and let someone else carry freedom's burden. He has earned every penny of his retirement and should go enjoy it.
View Quote
I was volunteering with the NRA since 1994. Wayne is the reason I walked away back in 2002. I recruited NRA members at gun shows, walked precincts, worked campaign, worked GOTV, and other things for Pro Gun Candidates. Wayne is tick that is sucking the blood out of the NRA and putting it in a position for the State of NY to take way the corporate charter or take over the organization to deal with the financial mismanagement.

I have met Wayne, his staffers, and henchmen. They were all replaceable and nothing he had done could not have been done by someone else, and likely better.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#29]
LaPierre and Hammer represent the NRA's swamp.

Drain the swamp.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Now THAT is America's ass!!!
View All Quotes

I’ll bet her mama had ass too!
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#31]
And what of WLP's lifelong salary? Are members expected to continue donating to Wayne for the rest of his life whether he's part of the organization or not?

Because fuck that. The NRA can die before I'll give him or MH any more of my money. Get rid of WLP and MH, end his salary, adopt a hardline "Not one more inch" mindset, elect a board and appoint executive officers to match. Hire lobbyists and lawyers who have proven to have those same ideals then maybe I'll consider joining, donating and buying memberships for family members again. Until then, fuck no.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wayne is a scumbag and has been for some time. Age has nothing to do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time for change and new blood in the NRA.

Wayne is getting old and his mind is slipping, it's just life.
Wayne is a scumbag and has been for some time. Age has nothing to do with it.
After the message I have to agree, dude is  just trying to save his ass.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#33]
How much will he get in severance package?????
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#34]
voted Selma Hayek, because Salma Hayek
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
$1.7  million in pay a year for the rest of his life. So he can advise NRA leaders and do PR work for the NRA after he retires.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
$1.7  million in pay a year for the rest of his life. So he can advise NRA leaders and do PR work for the NRA after he retires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At some point the NRA stopped being a gun rights organization and became a cash cow for the elite.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
 It would be worth twice that if he would go away and shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I caught that too.  Does not compute.
The NRA can exist without (F)WLP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not what I meant.  I was saying the people here will believe anything, if it helps them bash the NRA.  Any anonymous source from "someone" does not make a legit article.  Yet everyone in this thread 100% believes it as true due to their own personal bias.

They at least need name the source.  The article itself reads like bullshit.  If the NRA BoD did decide to take that action, they sure as hell would not have done it on the eve of the NRA Annual Meeting.  If so those BoD members need to be removed as well.  That would disrupt their largest annual event, designed to get them positive press coverage.  The article smells of a desperate NRA hater making up bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I caught that too.  Does not compute.
The NRA can exist without (F)WLP.
View Quote
 I think SWIRE's cheese has slid off its cracker.  He is has NRACDR (NRA Critisizers Drangement Syndrome)
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Salma Hayek?

Bitch is ugly.
Salma HeeHaa is more like it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#42]
WLP and Hammer need to go if the NRA wants to be saved/have clout again.

I am only a member because my fudd range (that board needs to go too) requires it.

Can they get rid of him? I though he had tenure for life, but I am sure there is a clause that if he is hurting the assn or did something shady, they can ditch him.

Make no mistake, the NRA knows what is being said about it by gunowners and I’m sure donations are down. It really a company basically, if its customers are unhappy, that is bad for business.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The NRA is bigger than LaPierre. We I[/b] don't wish for it's demise, just his removal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA is bigger than LaPierre. We I[/b] don't wish for it's demise, just his removal.
FIFY.  There is more than a handful here who are cheering and hoping it fails.

I want the NRA to be larger, stronger, more active, and take tougher stances as well.  That is why I continue to support them and will push for positive change with the organization.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
At some point you wake up and realize you are no longer setting the example or affecting change.

You think because years ago you did some great things and ride of the coat tails of past successes. Same thing with me after 25yrs military service, I was just old and it was time for me to go.

Wayne's time is done, he has peaked years ago and let the new energized generation take over.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hoping for leadership is not the same as wanting its demise..... but you can't grasp that concept
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
The NRA was not instrumental in the sunset provision. That was Chuck Schumer on the floor to get the votes required because he believed that in ten years, the AWB would be voted in to become permanent.

Additionally, one's past heroics does not erase one's current bad actions.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
LOL... TTAG is one of the largest gun blogs online and I write for them on the side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am aware you write for them.  They let a lot of people write for them.  A large blog doesn't make something true.  An anonymous source doesn't make something true.  At least name a source if a statement of that magnitude has been made.  The BoD wouldn't do what the article describes on the eve of the Annual Meeting.  If they were to that point then they would have already made sure they had the votes from enough BoD members to make it happen and they would have forced it if he didn't accept the offer to resign on his own.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Can’t wait for the fund raising phone calls.

“Wayne needs your help to retire....”

Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That is not what I meant.  I was saying the people here will believe anything, if it helps them bash the NRA.  Any anonymous source from "someone" does not make a legit article.  Yet everyone in this thread 100% believes it as true due to their own personal bias.

They at least need name the source.  The article itself reads like bullshit.  If the NRA BoD did decide to take that action, they sure as hell would not have done it on the eve of the NRA Annual Meeting.  If so those BoD members need to be removed as well.  That would disrupt their largest annual event, designed to get them positive press coverage.  The article smells of a desperate NRA hater making up bullshit.
View Quote
So to clarify, if the article is true you would support removing those board members who tried to remove WLP because of the timing? Worried more about short term press coverage than removing WLP?

ANYTIME is a good time to remove WLP and the cat lady. If they frog marched him off the stage in the middle of an nationally televised live interview with Hannity it would be a good time.

Nothing will change at the NRA until he and his quisling supporters are gone.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA isn't Congress and they can't order Congress on what to do.  We are losing gun rights because 99.97% of gun owners are apathetic and lazy in a country that is becoming more urban and liberal.  Gun owners need to become more politically active.  Joining any pro-gun organization is one way to start being more active.

The gun owners of Illinois got it right.  Get Active or Get Disarmed.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top