Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By @Spleenless-Dave :
One of my favorite movies and movie series, as you can see by my living room wall. I got the first two posters from the movie theater I worked at when the movies were showing back in the 80's, and the next two from local theater giveaways at the showings.

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
My first instinct was to make fun of you got the Crystal Skull poster, but upon reflection that's pretty damn awesome despite it.
Who are the ladies in extra pics on the Crystal Skull poster? The brunette reminds me of a Silver Spoons era Erin Gray.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The movie would end exactly the same with or without Indiana Jones in it.  He literally did nothing for the plot.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They had one on the drawing boards but never made it.

http://www.luft46.com/lippisch/lip04106.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he point an RPG and threaten to destroy the Ark? Not sure the Germans had those pre-WW2
they had Panzerschreck and some bazooka-like weapons , but nothing quite like what was in the film... never saw a nazi flying wing like that either, but it was convincing and pretty cool.
They had one on the drawing boards but never made it.

http://www.luft46.com/lippisch/lip04106.html
wow... that looks almost just like it doesn't it?... other than the gull wing the movie bird had going for it.. cool
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
BHP was the second gun he packed. He had it when the ship was boarded by the sub nazi's. The BHP was probably inspired by Adventures of Tin Tin.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Awesome, epic, timeless movie, IMO.
View Quote
Yes, a perfect movie.  Pure fun, great action, humor, music.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The movie would end exactly the same with or without Indiana Jones in it.  He literally did nothing for the plot.
View Quote
How would the Ark have ended up in US hands without him?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Aren't they making another indiana jones film in the next year or two?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Aren't they making another indiana jones film in the next year or two?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes, it was an RPG-7 used in the film. It was supposed to be made up to look like a Pamzerfaust but it was done poorly.

The BV-38 Flying Wing seen in the movie is fake, it never existed. However, it was designed based off of designs of prototype aircraft of the time also none of which were ever made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he point an RPG and threaten to destroy the Ark? Not sure the Germans had those pre-WW2
Yes, it was an RPG-7 used in the film. It was supposed to be made up to look like a Pamzerfaust but it was done poorly.

The BV-38 Flying Wing seen in the movie is fake, it never existed. However, it was designed based off of designs of prototype aircraft of the time also none of which were ever made.
It was an RPG-2.

Many of the guns used in the movie had not yet been produced in 1936, the year the movie was supposed to take place. Walther P-38, Erma MP-40 or the Inglis Hi-Power.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You'll never see another weak, blonde female lead character who spends the movie screaming for help from the strong male lead ever again.
View Quote
The female lead in “Raiders” is a brunette.

You are thinking of the SECOND Indiana Jones movie where the female lead was blonde.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So everything before that is null.  That is the entire movie.  LOL.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:29:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Indiana Jones is the shit!!! Except for that abortion of a movie with Shia Leboof.
View Quote
There are only 3 Indiana Jones movies.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:20:03 AM EDT
[#14]
James Bond > Indiana Jones
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Internet nonsense
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am sick as a dog with some flu or some crap.

Free movies. This is available On Demand.

I saw this in the theater when it came out. I loved it then.

Cool flick. Pure comic book.

and cool story, bro
View Quote
You haven’t seen that movie since it came out?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Great series of movies.  I even liked the 4th one.  Conery and Ford were awesome together.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#19]
The BHP used in the movie was a Canadian-made Inglis. I have one of the Belgian-made German Hi-Powers - a bring-back passed to me by my father-in-law.

Some of the scenes in the movie were filmed in Tunisia (as were scenes from the original Star Wars movie - Tatouine is a city in southern Tunisia where many of the people live in homes dug into the ground). I was assigned to the embassy there in 88-89 and got to see many of them in person. I also got to visit Jordan during that time period and scenes from The Last Crusade were filmed in Petra and I got to ride a horse between the rock walls the line the way into the city as Jones did and to visit the temple. The inside isn't as impressive as they show in the movie.

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#20]
“I’m going after a find of incredible historical significance, you’re talking about the boogie man. Besides, you know what a cautious fellow I am.”

(Throws pistol into bag)
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It was an RPG-2.

Many of the guns used in the movie had not yet been produced in 1936, the year the movie was supposed to take place. Walther P-38, Erma MP-40 or the Inglis Hi-Power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was an RPG-2.

You're absolutely correct, I had originally typed in 2 but wasn't completely sure which one it actually was so I changed it to 7.

Quoted:
Quoted:
You'll never see another weak, blonde female lead character who spends the movie screaming for help from the strong male lead ever again.
The female lead in “Raiders” is a brunette.

You are thinking of the SECOND Indiana Jones movie where the female lead was blonde.
Isn't the second one technically the first one since it happens before the events of Raiders?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#22]
When Karen Allen is standing on the deck of the submarine the wind is blowing the dress up against her.The outline of her bush is clearly visible.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Isn't the second one technically the first one since it happens before the events of Raiders?
View Quote
While its timeline is before Raiders, it's still the second movie.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whenever I watch them I always watch Temple of Doom first. Mainly because next to Crystal Skull it's my least favorite Indie movie. Crystal Skull is by far the worst of all of them though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#25]
This is a good watch if you have 2 1/2 hours to burn

https://vimeo.com/36011979
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Whenever I watch them I always watch Temple of Doom first. Mainly because next to Crystal Skull it's my least favorite Indie movie. Crystal Skull is by far the worst of all of them though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My main reason for watching Temple of Doom is Kate Capshaw.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Raiders is one of my favorite movies...one thing has bugged me though from the first time I’ve seen it.  When the translator is reading the length of the staff of Ra, he says it is 6 kadam long.  Sallah says “about 72 inches”.  The translator then says “take back 1 kadam to honor the Hewbrew god”.  That would make the staff about 60”, or 5 feet long.  When Indy is in the map room the staff is clearly about 7’ long, unless Indy was only 4’ tall.

Sorry, too much coffee this morning!
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Except the end, which you specifically included in your post.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Raiders is one of my favorite movies...one thing has bugged me though from the first time I’ve seen it.  When the translator is reading the length of the staff of Ra, he says it is 6 kadam long.  Sallah says “about 72 inches”.  The translator then says “take back 1 kadam to honor the Hewbrew god”.  That would make the staff about 60”, or 5 feet long.  When Indy is in the map room the staff is clearly about 7’ long, unless Indy was only 4’ tall.

View Quote
Isn't the staff inserted into a hole on a raised platform in the map room?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Raiders is a timeless classic that can be rewatched over and over.
The second one was OK but the dumb screaming blonde ruined it.

I ignore any after that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You haven't seen that movie since it came out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sick as a dog with some flu or some crap.

Free movies. This is available On Demand.

I saw this in the theater when it came out. I loved it then.

Cool flick. Pure comic book.

and cool story, bro
You haven't seen that movie since it came out?
Rewatching it for the ???? time.

Apparently, having a cold and imbibing affects my English skills.

I was watching it in surround sound, though. With the volume up. That made it better.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#32]
*Donavan hands Marcus Brody a canteen*

“I’d rather spit in your face, but since I haven’t got any spit...*
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#33]
When I was a teenager, “The Last Crusade” was my favorite and I thought it was the best movie.

I think at this point, I’ve gravitated toward “Raiders,” but those two are both exceptional films.  “Doom” is ok...it’s miles better than number 4.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
So was Spielberg's. Lol.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#35]
About as perfect as a movie can get.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When I was a teenager, "The Last Crusade" was my favorite and I thought it was the best movie.

I think at this point, I've gravitated toward "Raiders," but those two are both exceptional films.  "Doom" is ok...it's miles better than number 4.
View Quote
Raiders and The Last Crusade are my favorites.

I will watch The Last Crusade today. I dig the Venice boat chase.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Ark would have never been brought to the island without Jones's involvement. Because of him, it went to a truck and then go a Uboat, both of which were never the intention of the Nazis.

Original plan was to take the Ark directly to Berlin via plane.

Furthermore, the only reason the Nazis even found the girl is because of Jones. They followed him to Napal, they weren't on the same flight out via happenstance. They made it very evident to display this to the audience that they were tailing Dr. Jones.

Without Jones, none of the happenings of the movie would have been possible. He set the entire movie in motion. Even if you assume the Nazis would have somehow found the girl without following Jones, they would have still flown the Ark to Berlin and there it would have potentially been used as a weapon.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So was Spielberg's. Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So was Spielberg's. Lol.
Ugh, she ruined the film for me. Two hours of listening to a shrieking blonde idiot was too much for me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
And the Krauts didn't have hidden sub caves in the Greek islands in 1936.

It's a movie.
View Quote
Do you even Guns of Navarone?

Nazis had secret cave bases everywhere

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ugh, she ruined the film for me. Two hours of listening to a shrieking blonde idiot was too much for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So was Spielberg's. Lol.
Chocolate Jones And The Temple Of Funk is guaranteed boffo box office!  -Crow T. Robot
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
About as perfect as a movie can get.
View Quote
It could have been better

So are there any " other scenes"  of Kristy Allen and  Hariss on the freighter?

I need to know
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg is right.  I just pulled up the scene where Jones first enters the map room holding the staff and the staff is clearly at least a foot taller than he is.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Indiana Jones is the shit!!! Except for that abortion of a movie with Shia Leboof.
View Quote
I actually enjoyed every part of that movie that didn't have him running his motormouth in it. The CGI could've been better, but it was better than Terminator: Genysissies by a long shot. If they'd cast Jonesie Junior better, I think that would've been in contention for second best.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like the Paramount HD channel is showing Raiders now. Next up is The Temple Of Doom. Then The Last Crusade.

Hey! Junge!

Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Looks like the Paramount HD channel is showing Raiders now. Next up is The Temple Of Doom. Then The Last Crusade.

Hey! Junge!

View Quote
I show Temple of Doom right now and Raiders at 1600 EST.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey! Junge!

Raiders truck fight scene just ended here. Too many commercials!

I cannot watch this on tv.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Raiders of the Lost Ark is easily the best of the series. A masterpiece.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is very good, but not at the level of RotLA.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was ok, but too many things were wayyy over the top, like the screeching hot blonde, the heart scene, the bug eating, the mine chase, etc.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was ok as well, but modern methods of movie making (ie, CGI and sound stages) are best kept at a minimum in this series, and Crystal Skull fully embraced both to the point of near absurdity. If they had dialed back on both, it would have been much better.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Chocolate Mousse is a crew member on the Bantu Wind.

Ha ha ha ha ha
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Raiders is a timeless classic that can be rewatched over and over.
The second one was OK but the dumb screaming blonde ruined it.

I ignore any after that.
View Quote
So you don't like The Last Crusade?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top