Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
This just reminds us that small, thin people live long lives.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It’s all the response I can muster for silly opinions.

Sometimes, no sarcastic comment seems sufficient.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That woman had 70 some years to make a difference, to help guide that country on a better path. She did not. All she did is protect her cartel.

I don't wish for her death as she has not personally wronged me, just the people in that absurdly named United Kingdom. But neither will I mourn her.

*eyeroll*

@TxRabbitBane

You repeatedly respond to posts in that manner, without a coherent word.

I see, you have no words. No vocabulary. No ability to create language with meaning. Fair enough, that is a common affliction here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Does George Soros count?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And nobody worth a shit to take her place.

She was and is a tough old dame.
View Quote

She oversaw the end of the monarchy.

Terrible Queen who was tone deaf and then grossly overcorrected when she made numerous mistakes.

Think of the devastating reign she has had where the UK has become a shell of its former self and the royal family are essentially reality TV folks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]
BBC announced death on Twitter then retacted. They are wearing black suits and ties. Pretty sure she passed and they are waiting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BBC announced death on Twitter then retacted. They are wearing black suits and ties. Pretty sure she passed and they are waiting.
View Quote

I believe that was some idiot by the name of Abdul - not BBC.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Reportedly, BBC news anchors wearing black jackets and black ties (indicating a death) was described as "premature"

So clearly some people in the UK did believe she was already dead.  I guess it's POSSIBLE that she already is, and they are holding the announcement until the family is gathered at Balmoral.

View Quote

Of course she's gone.  
It would be in very poor taste to make the announcement before the family was together.  No relative (e.g. Harry) would want to be known as a person that arrived after she passed.
- BBC One suspended all other programming
- Security/barriers increased at Balmoral
- The entire extended family is gathering...
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yikes

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Of course she's gone.  
It would be in very poor taste to make the announcement before the family was together.  No relative (e.g. Harry) would want to be known as a person that arrived after she passed.
- BBC One suspended all other programming
- Security/barriers increased at Balmoral
- The entire extended family is gathering...
View Quote

This seems so obvious.  She dead.  But let's lock the thread until the title is changed to NOT dead.  This place always amuses
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I see, you have no words. No vocabulary. No ability to create language with meaning. Fair enough, that is a common affliction here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That woman had 70 some years to make a difference, to help guide that country on a better path. She did not. All she did is protect her cartel.

I don't wish for her death as she has not personally wronged me, just the people in that absurdly named United Kingdom. But neither will I mourn her.

*eyeroll*

@TxRabbitBane

You repeatedly respond to posts in that manner, without a coherent word.

LOL, if that makes you feel better, run with it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yikes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yikes

Time to freshen up that resume.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#16]

The Queen addressed a joint session of Congress in May 1991, becoming the first British monarch to do so
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#17]

The Queen waits in the Drawing Room before receiving Liz Truss for an audience at Balmoral, Scotland on Tuesday. *Note her hands are purple.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't remember.  Are we going with she's a reptilian who consumed adrenochrome taken from the kids of indigenous peoples of Canada with her late husband, or that she's a descendant of Mohammed?  Or some combination of both?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Listening to a UK radio station - Harry is attending Balmoral but Meghan is staying in London.

I imagine she will hate not being the centre of attention - relegated to the sidelines.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif
View Quote

Harry probably stopped for a pint and a bucket of chicken on the way...  My man.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomorrow, 9/9/2022  
Anyone see the significance of the date?

No?
If you stand on your head and add the 2's together
People see what they want to see.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m gonna say that London bridge has fallen.

Too much security going into place for a nothing burger that she just didn’t feel well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/09/08/15/62201171-11193345-image-a-46_1662648639688.jpg

The Queen waits in the Drawing Room before receiving Liz Truss for an audience at Balmoral, Scotland on Tuesday. *Note her hands are purple.
View Quote

That looks like bloodthinneritis.  Every one of the old folks I know on blood thinners seems to get that from having small internal bleeds from incidentally smacking the back of their hands on stuff.

My dad's hands have looked like that for 10+ years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Too much security going into place for a nothing burger that she just didn’t feel well.
View Quote

If she hasn’t already passed they must know that it is imminent.

I think she’s already gone and they’re waiting for everyone to get to their stations before announcing it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#24]
By the time they tell the peasants she has passed, it has probably been several hours past the time of death. Hell, she could have died yesterday.  They will want to get all the ducks in a row to minimize any perceived "chaos".  imho anyhow.

Also makes for great soap opera.  They love that stuff over there. Pageantry, pomp and ceremony.  It's all part of the show.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
By the time they tell the peasants she has passed, it has probably been several hours past the time of death. Hell, she could have died yesterday.  They will want to get all the ducks in a row to minimize any perceived "chaos".  imho anyhow.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I understand the monarchy is an emotional and symbolic thing in the UK but they don't play a major role in government of any kind.  They are essentially the biggest land owners in the country...and very wealthy...but it's not like there could be substantive "chaos" of any kind.   Everybody in government is still doing the job.

Society will mourn...as they should, but there won't be a break down of order.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is where I’m leaning
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That cartel leader is literally not their best patriot. I see no accomplishments from her beyond protecting her cartel. Pomp and circumstance do not count. She was for continuing the status quo of her position and the continuing status quo of her descendants, not for improving the future of the people of that country. 70 plus years of retarding progress.

You will not be able to provide accomplishments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2.40pm BST.

The moment England lost their best patriot.

Rest in peace.

Edit - possibly a fake news thing - fucking trolls

That cartel leader is literally not their best patriot. I see no accomplishments from her beyond protecting her cartel. Pomp and circumstance do not count. She was for continuing the status quo of her position and the continuing status quo of her descendants, not for improving the future of the people of that country. 70 plus years of retarding progress.

You will not be able to provide accomplishments.
You seem to have made up your mind, so wasting ours would be pointless.

Why can't people just keep their fucking mouth shut if they don't have anything nice to say? Are people that starved for attention?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the British monarchy, but there is no doubt she has lived a life of dedicated and selfless service ...to her people and the institution.  And I am sure that road has never been easy, especially in recent years. I wish her peace.
View Quote
You'd be hard pressed to say the same about most of our ruling class.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Not reading through seven pages, but she did serve the UK during WW2 as part of the Women's Auxiliary Territory Service.  Her dad, George, refused to leave the UK during the Blitz.

Say, what you will, but that era of the Royal Family showed grit and courage.  This new bunch, who knows.  Jug ears Charles was always a wimp.  Harry is now a cuckold.  William seems to be the best of the lot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#34]
She served her country as a mechanic during WWII despite being next in line to the throne. She really did the job, like for real, not just showing up to take a photo and go back home to the palace. That should be enough to get the respect of everyone here.

Hopefully the country uses this as a time to come together and stone Megan Markle to death.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Barking!

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Jacket weather in Britain already.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
She served her country as a mechanic during WWII despite being next in line to the throne. She really did the job, like for real, not just showing up to take a photo and go back home to the palace. That should be enough to get the respect of everyone here.

Hopefully the country uses this as a time to come together and stone Megan Markle to death.
View Quote

She definitely seems like she had an interesting life.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Name the last first lady who showed the same class and elegance.
(Excluding the one that wasn't born here )
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#39]

She seemed to really care for people and for the Commonwealth as she ruled over it.

I'm no fan of monarchy, but she saw the duty as truly God given and seemed to always put duty over her own wants.

Contrast that with our leadership here, who fuck over the average American 20 times a day for a few extra votes and $20 in Chinese buffet coupons.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why can't people just keep their fucking mouth shut if they don't have anything nice to say? Are people that starved for attention?
View Quote

You already know the answer, some people are basically man children that will never mature past adolescents.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#41]

I watched a video years back where the SAS were training in a shoot house and the Queen was the hostage inside. Tried to find an article but could only find princess diana training with them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Name the last first lady who showed the same class and elegance.
(Excluding the one that wasn't born here )
View Quote

I always thought of Laura Bush as being a classy traditional lady.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I watched a video years back where the SAS were training in a shoot house and the Queen was the hostage inside. Tried to find an article but could only find princess diana training with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I always heard it was Margaret Thatcher that was sitting in a chair with no shield when they came through with live ammo, and they didn't know she was there.

Apparently her bodyguard dove for cover and she yelled at him.

But these things get inflated with time, so who knows.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You already know the answer, some people are basically man children that will never mature past adolescents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Barking!

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think she’s already gone and they’re waiting for everyone to get to their stations before announcing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is precedent for this - King George 5th.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#47]
apparently theres whats called London Bridge protocol on the death. Cant say shes passed until 6pm UK time.  Heard this from a buddy of mine this morning in UK. Likely they are waiting for family to gather before announcement as it will also mean giving the ring to Charles who is now king.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I always heard it was Margaret Thatcher that was sitting in a chair with no shield when they came through with live ammo, and they didn't know she was there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was her husband Dennis. Who got flustered and accused the entry team of being reckless.

She told him to sit down and shut up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#49]
What a grand lady. She helped her people through some very bad times and did it with grace.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#50]
She's getting better!!! I hope she hangs in there...
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top