Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Eat a dick Gralinski!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like that fire department needs a bigger flag.
View Quote
Yeah, that flag pole just got ten feet taller.  

I can understand if there are some kind of regulations detailing what can and cannot be part of a marked unit or uniform.  We have that with our cruisers and uniforms as Ohio Deputy Sheriffs.  But I somehow fail to believe that fire departments are regulated so tightly on their equipment markings.  So Mr. Whineypants McLeftist can go sit on a sharp stick.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Fred, eat a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Moral equivalency, right out of the lefts playbook.

Its discouraging though that more people aren't outraged by this kind of bullshit and start calling assholes out on this shit and marginalize their stupid opinions.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When are people going to stand up and stop being afraid of being "politically correct" and tell these idiots to just shut up?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Fred needs all the poles to shove up his ass.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#7]
A flag represents the people who are flying it.  Equating American patriotism to ISIS subversion and terrorism is completely asinine.  We live in America where individual freedoms are sacred and should be proud of it.  Displaying the American flag, state flag, or local seal on official vehicles is appropriate.

Having said that though, I don't think flying a flag from a moving vehicle is a good idea.  They are going to get dirty, smoky, and tattered.  On a fire truck in particular with the ladders, hoses, and other equipment being slung around a flag could become entangled and cause problems. A flag decal on the truck would be sufficient.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
And there you have it folks, the ugly of of bureaucracy and failure.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://turnto10.com/news/local/central-coventry-fire-district-asked-to-remove-american-flags-from-trucks

Firefighters and their supporters said it started last year when Fire District Chairman Fred Gralinski likened the flags on the trucks to what you see from terrorists.

"They look like a bunch of yahoos," Gralinski said at a board meeting. "Like in the paper, like ISIS is Syria going to take over a city. I don't think they need that big flag on the back of the truck. That's not America to me. Those are a bunch of terrorists. So, I'm going to ask you to take the flag off the truck."
View Quote

The last time I read the rules on flag etiquette, they stated that using the American flag as decoration on vehicles, except for specially designated vehicles, was considered disrespectful. It is a national symbol, not a toy or hello kitty bumper sticker.  Maybe it comes from the fact that most vehicles that display the flags wind up with tattered pieces of rags.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Weak.

We have a flag on a pole hanging off the back of our ladder truck.  It is properly secured, hangs high enough it doesn't get soap on it, and gets removed and replaced when it starts to show signs of wear.  

Few things more inspiring than seeing that flag flying when the truck goes by with lights and sirens on the way to fight a fire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK.
I ride on fire trucks quite frequently.
They get dirty, really dirty and cleaned sometimes multiple times a day.

I do not like the American Flag hung on the back of the trucks.
I think the flag should be on the trucks for parades and funerals only.
I had a drawn out argument/discussion with the guys at work.
Some saw my point, others did not.

I do not see it as the flag getting worn down, but more disrespected.
It is crudely attached with zipties.
It does not get taken off for washing the truck.
Getting soaped up and brushed up almost like it is part of the truck and not the American Flag.

Just my opinion and we all know everyone has one.
Would I order it off the truck as a officer. No
We took a vote and now display a flag on the back of the trucks for special events.

meh

Weak.

We have a flag on a pole hanging off the back of our ladder truck.  It is properly secured, hangs high enough it doesn't get soap on it, and gets removed and replaced when it starts to show signs of wear.  

Few things more inspiring than seeing that flag flying when the truck goes by with lights and sirens on the way to fight a fire.

Few things are less inspiring than random vehicles driving around with flags that have clearly been shown no respect and are often tattered and dirty.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad I moved from there and the state in general.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#12]
"They look like a bunch of yahoos," Gralinski said at a board meeting. "Like in the paper, like ISIS is Syria going to take over a city. I don't think they need that big flag on the back of the truck. That's not America to me. Those are a bunch of terrorists. So, I'm going to ask you to take the flag off the truck."

So flying an American flag isnt American?
Have people really become this stupid?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Not surprising
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It isn't particularly respectful when most of those flags on vehicles wind up looking like shit rags that you wouldn't even use to clean the floor.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Offend the majority so you don't offend the minority.

Got it.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My lefty brother in law was upset at the "nationalism" shown by all the people a few years back flying American flags on the back of their pickups.

There was a nearby apartment that had a huge Mexican flag. Doubt that "nationalism" bothered him.
View Quote

I love trucks, that's what I drive.

I love the flag, I fly one at my house, and I've helped carry our flag all over the world.

But...

In my experience, most people who you see with full-sized America (and other flags) on pick up trucks on ordinary occasions are idiots.  If you're going to the 4th of July Parade, or lining a funeral procession route...  Awesome.  If you're driving to Walmart on Wednesday?  Probably an idiot.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The last time I read the rules on flag etiquette, they stated that using the American flag as decoration on vehicles, except for specially designated vehicles, was considered disrespectful. It is a national symbol, not a toy or hello kitty bumper sticker.  Maybe it comes from the fact that most vehicles that display the flags wind up with tattered pieces of rags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://turnto10.com/news/local/central-coventry-fire-district-asked-to-remove-american-flags-from-trucks

Firefighters and their supporters said it started last year when Fire District Chairman Fred Gralinski likened the flags on the trucks to what you see from terrorists.

Fire trucks are generally maintained in spotless condition.  They also don't get that much use.  I have yet to see one out in the rain unless it's on the way to save someone's chimney and foundation.  And I've never seen one with a ripped up American Flag dragging along behind it.  Firemen have way too much time on their hands to let something get that tattered.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
(Edit-cleaned up)

The value is not in flags, it is who and what they represent.

Kinda like tools have a value in how they are used..

You know real complicated stuff

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

It is, to our nation of self absorbed mental midgets who lack common sense and the ability to reason.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It isn't particularly respectful when most of those flags on vehicles wind up looking like shit rags that you wouldn't even use to clean the floor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have never seen a flag on a fire truck get anywhere near tatterd condition.  They have all been in great condition.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fire trucks are generally maintained in spotless condition.  They also don't get that much use.  I have yet to see one out in the rain unless it's on the way to save someone's chimney and foundation.  And I've never seen one with a ripped up American Flag dragging along behind it.  Firemen have way too much time on their hands to let something get that tattered.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Displaying it on the ass-end of a vehicle is a violation of flag etiquette rules right there. So, if they are going to do it, then they should do it correctly. And nearly all of the flags that I have seen displayed on vehicles wound up looking like things you wouldn't wipe your ass with. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#21]
They should take the flag off the truck.

And wrap the whole fucking rig with an American flag vinyl wrap.
With a big screaming bald eagle on the front of the truck.

'Murica....... Bitches!

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have never seen a flag on a fire truck get anywhere near tatterd condition.  They have all been in great condition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't recall seeing an American flag on any fire engine outside of a parade. I guess most firemen don't find them particularly useful on a work truck. As for all the other flags I have seen on vehicles, 90+ percent of them look like complete shit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hope freds house catches fire..
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Chief of the Department - Peter J. Lamb
Phone: 401-825-7800 ext 801
email: [email protected]

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#27]
This country needs a cleansing
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They should take the flag off the truck.

And wrap the whole fucking rig with an American flag vinyl wrap.
With a big screaming bald eagle on the front of the truck.

'Murica....... Bitches!

View Quote

.....and a freedom boner hood ornament.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Super, super retarded.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Rhode Island: Not a real state. For comparison purposes only.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Way too close to home for me. This fuckhead was my neighbor. My dad still has his cell#.

His kids were also chuckle fucks, here is one (felon of course). My dad caught them taking apart a fire hydrant in the neighborhood and putting fireworks in them. Shot at me with BB guns too when I was riding around on my big wheel.

http://patch.com/rhode-island/coventry/gralinski-family-supports-calling-firefighters-terrorists-removing-flags-apparatus

I walked my dog by his house every day. I still am blown away by this whole fuckin thing.

Fuck

Multiple veterans in the neighborhood. Looks like Fred hasn't moved.

Some TLDR

Two people commented on the Cranston Scanner post
in support of Fred Gralinski’s use of the word "terrorists” in
describing firefighters. Those two people were Ryan and Brett Gralinski
who are the sons of Fred Gralinski. Ryan Gralinski simply commented and
said, "The firemen are terrorists”. Brett Gralinski, however, went much
further. Much of what Brett Gralinski commented has to be read slowly
and interpreted due to the enormous amount of spelling errors and
grammatical problems. Much of what he said is unintelligible.

Brett
Gralinski says, "F*ck the flag and f*ck you. You’re pathetic.” He goes
on to say that humans are inherently pathetic and says that he is
pathetic too. He states, "If you were not (pathetic) then you wouldn’t
give 2 sh*ts about a flag on a fire truck”. According to Brett, the flag
is nothing more than a way to divide and conquer and that nationalism
is a scam to "trick people into self-destruction”.
View Quote

Fuck guys this shit really fucking bothers me.

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#34]
http://www.centralcoventryfd.com/

Hmmmm, their website isn't working. Wonder why??
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Weak.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK.
I ride on fire trucks quite frequently.
They get dirty, really dirty and cleaned sometimes multiple times a day.

I do not like the American Flag hung on the back of the trucks.
I think the flag should be on the trucks for parades and funerals only.
I had a drawn out argument/discussion with the guys at work.
Some saw my point, others did not.

I do not see it as the flag getting worn down, but more disrespected.
It is crudely attached with zipties.
It does not get taken off for washing the truck.
Getting soaped up and brushed up almost like it is part of the truck and not the American Flag.

Just my opinion and we all know everyone has one.
Would I order it off the truck as a officer. No
We took a vote and now display a flag on the back of the trucks for special events.

meh

Weak.

That's how it is with the fire engines here. He must work for a pretty lame fire department.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think I would tell Fred the flag will be either on my trucks or up your ass, you choose which!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Displaying it on the ass-end of a vehicle is a violation of flag etiquette rules right there. So, if they are going to do it, then they should do it correctly. And nearly all of the flags that I have seen displayed on vehicles wound up looking like things you wouldn't wipe your ass with. YMMV.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry flag etiquette only applies to people we don't like.

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#38]

If you knew an ounce of truth when it comes to rights and freedom I
would not have to tell you whats really going on.  Getting threats to
the agenda regardless size its business as usual with many different
acts of deception.  I have to put on record.  If you think its crazy I
shouldn't worry then oh well im not hurting anyone if im wrong.  False
flag is business as usual. They know I am not a threat to do violence or
crime whuch is why they aregoing national telling people paramedics
need cop escorts cuz they are making enemies. I would never ever and on
the record never harm anyone.  I will never harrass an individual harm
anyone in any way.  But if the public and country thinks im a crazy drug
addict off meds ant American who hates paramedics and fire men and
believe them to be terrorist when they set me up you believe it. When
they commit a crime against the people who you think are my enemy you
believe it. Im saying right now I have no enemies.  I pity people not
hate. I go out of my way because of my beliefs to be the most
compassionate courteous respectful person I can. I would never stoop to
the level they would like people to.  I go ok ut of way to be as far
opposite of the person they want you to believe I am. I try to educate
people cuz I care about America not hurt them cuz there ignorant.  I
want to always be able to say I did my part by remaining above the
influences that corrupt the mind and to help my fellow man free there
minds. I don't judge or hate people cuz I know the truth about there
ignorance so I feel bad and try to help. I dont hold anyone responsible
or want to harm. It goes against everything I stand for to be violent or
hurt people.  I stand to do my part to help America nit blindly
participate in its destruction. tHEY HAVE CREATED AN ENVIROMENT NOW
NATIONWIDE WERE they could do something nuts and get people to believe
it was me. They could say i went crazy and killed firemen or paramedics
cuz im anti american and thought they were all terrorists. That im on
drugs and have a psych disability and was off my meds. Dillusional
thinking the firemen wanted to get him youd all believe it! Why else
would they be going nattional to keep telling people all across the
country little old brett gralinski is a drug addict anti american with a
long criminal record and mental disability? I know why! THEY ARE
CREATING ENEMIES and the sheep will believe it. I am not on drugs 7
years clean, i never been on medication, my disability is onlty anxiety
and panic attacks, i dont hate firemen. I dont think firemen are
terrorists just the handful of uynion ones that terrorize my family for
yearas and id never stoop to there level and give them a reason to get
rid of the percieved threat to the agenda. On the record I know whats
going on and will never ever hurt anyone or anything violent! I go out
of my to educate people not blame them! Even if im crazy and have
nothing to worry about dont bother commenting i dont even care. I
believe a threat thats all that matters. This simply gives peice of mind
to me no harm done if im wrong.Its really mind numbingly simple to
realize with your brain not your tvs, that something real fishy is going
on. Ask yourself this... .why do they continue to push on NATIONAL NEWS
breet gralinskis opinion in coventry? Why does the whole nation need to
hear for numerous days now that little brett gralinski a drug addict
anti-american mental case off his meds thinks! Who cares what i think!
Why d opeople in alaska need to know! Im not terrorist im not anti
american in fact if i was not all about rightousness i wouldnt even be
dealing with this! This is business as usual people its simply
protocol.. they build percieved enemies that dont exist they
sensationalize them as some disgruntled unstable radical who thinks
firemen destroyed america went nuts and ..... and whatever they want you
to beieve you will! Hook line and sinker undebatable when the country
hears brett gralinski this career criminal on drugs and off medication
went nuts cuz he thought the firemen were terrorists and he was
anti-american who said fuck the flag you all buy it without question!

Anyone who really knows me will say im the most polite courteous and
respectful person you will ever meet! The police know that! The police
know im not a criminal! The police know im harmless and actually stand
for rightousness but if the country thinks diffrent thats all that
mattrs!
View Quote

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top