[#2]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 36trap:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

I keep quoting that in my head.

We are here....

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By pumafish:

If you're on a dystopian bender, don't forget Orwell's Animal Farm, and the non-fiction The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (the abridged version is fine).
View Quote

Also "A day in the life of Ivan Denisovich".
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:
All these fucks are saying how scared they were. O you mean how people felt in all the city’s over the summer? All the people that were assaulted for eating at a restaurant? Dragged out of cars and beaten. Fuck off cause I’m enjoying every pic that gets released and seeing the looks of fear as their behind all that security
View Quote

I guarantee you they had less to be scared about and over than the residents in kenosha and the residents inside of the CHAZ/CHOP, who didn't have armed guards, and who knew if they protected their families and houses in the same way the people at dc did, they'd get tossed in the legal and media meatgrinders and ruined forever.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
You know who else ought to be pissed off?  All those capitol cops that were BEHIND the victim just strolling around without a care in the world.  They should have already beaten the living shit out of that moron.
View Quote

No shit.   There were apparently no coms between the plain clothes shooter and the door kickers with the boom sticks that were out in the stairwell with the deceased.   They were throwing gang signs hand signals at one point.   Maybe if the outside guys had told the inside guys to chill out.   Maybes and ifs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#8]
All these fucks are saying how scared they were. O you mean how people felt in all the city's over the summer? All the people that were assaulted for eating at a restaurant? Dragged out of cars and beaten. Fuck off cause I'm enjoying every pic that gets released and seeing the looks of fear as their behind all that security
View Quote

no doubt.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BethanyHatch:
Patriot Party. Let's do it. I'm so over this absolute BS that is happening in our country.
View Quote

how is a new party formed?  I'm ignorant.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By daveo:

Lets vote our way out
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BethanyHatch:
Patriot Party. Let's do it. I'm so over this absolute BS that is happening in our country.

Lets vote our way out

Hmm.

Hold a convention in your state and vote to get your state out?

FIFY??

What a night and day after.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By zach_:

Fuck, she was not even close to him.
View Quote

he basically "sniped" her (w/a pistol) from a hidey hole.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Here's some recommended reading for ya, then:
Starship Troopers - Robert Heinlein
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - Robert Heinlein
I, Robot - Isaac Asimov
Foundation - Isaac Asimov
Rendezvous With Rama - Arthur C. Clarke
Ringworld - Larry Niven
Footfall - Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
Furies of Calderon - Jim Butcher
Dune - Frank Herbert
The Player of Games - Iain M. Banks
The Diamond Age - Neal Stephenson
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SolidState:
Originally Posted By djohn:

Same. I prefer hard copies to Kindle, et cetera, but whatever works. Reading is fundamental.

Sucks there's no book stores, and for whatever reason I just can't pull the trigger on stuff when I have to wait a few days. Kindle is cool just because someone will mention a book and I can get it instantly before I forget.

I have so much extra time at work nowadays I've been trying to focus on using it to better myself. But yes it is essential, I've noticed fiction books have sort of unclogged my brain and I'm speaking better, have a larger vocabulary. Helps when I rabble rouse at work.

Here's some recommended reading for ya, then:
Starship Troopers - Robert Heinlein
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - Robert Heinlein
I, Robot - Isaac Asimov
Foundation - Isaac Asimov
Rendezvous With Rama - Arthur C. Clarke
Ringworld - Larry Niven
Footfall - Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
Furies of Calderon - Jim Butcher
Dune - Frank Herbert
The Player of Games - Iain M. Banks
The Diamond Age - Neal Stephenson
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
The Illustrated Man - Ray Bradbury

For those times when you're too drained to read:

https://archive.org/details/DimensionX1951092249Requiem_201703

https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kbi:

were do i subscribe?
View Quote

well.....here.  ?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#14]

If you want to see a huge amount of newspaper front pages all at once:

https://www.freedomforum.org/todaysfrontpages/?tfp_show=all
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Hong Kongers call US violence a setback for democracy

Hong Kong residents from across the political spectrum condemned mob violence at the U.S. Capitol, 18 months after protesters stormed their own legislature to demand greater democracy, not the overthrow of election results.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/world/hong-kongers-call-us/EJIBH2MJKVEMCZKAJQFAEVMWDY/
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Lets vote our way out
View Quote

this new party has a direct action wing.   with a Big Fucking Stick.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

Perfectly. Congrats.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
I want to check with you southern gals, did I use "y'all" correctly?

Perfectly. Congrats.

I would be more impressed if he reflexively managed to use "all ya'll" properly ...  
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Headline should read:  PENCE INCITES RIOT
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sulman:
Prog salt on Twitter has been terrible to behold.

To be fair love, white Americans don't have much form for flying airplanes into buildings.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Perfectly. Congrats.
View Quote

I learn from the best.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Re-zeroing my .50 BMG this weekend.
View Quote

ouch.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

@chicken_rider

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/485060/4sx7tp-1768413.jpg
View All Quotes
Where’s the meme guys? Can we get the space guy one of pence is a traitor? Always has been ...

@chicken_rider

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/485060/4sx7tp-1768413.jpg

I don't think of pence as a traitor as much as a guy who was not fit for the slot and most especially, the fight he was chosen for.

I don't think he was made of the rare stuff required to stand under that kind of pressure. He did something like this when he caved and signed the absolutely gutted rifra in his state. Trump would have been better off to have chosen someone like scott walker, who had already shown he could get through the fire.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

DUH?

... and the repubs @ the top all act like they don't get this or don't believe it.

The politically sane thing for the repubs to have done would have been to have actually secured the elections.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By liber45:

Video of shooter saved off twitter in cause it disappears.  

Shooter video with sound saved HD

https://is2.4chan.org/pol/1610005818420.jpg
View Quote
He straight up killed her.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By evo7011:
I'm going to be offline for much of the afternoon, going in for minor foot surgery (cyst removal, but it could be a tumor they have no idea), so if I don't make all of my belongings will go to the Riot Squad to be divided up as best as possible. God speed.
View Quote

Get well soon and be sure and tell me where the cash and ammo are buried..............
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Hong Kong residents from across the political spectrum condemned mob violence at the U.S. Capitol, 18 months after protesters stormed their own legislature to demand greater democracy, not the overthrow of election results.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/world/hong-kongers-call-us/EJIBH2MJKVEMCZKAJQFAEVMWDY/
View All Quotes

From article...

“At least in the U.S., their elections are fair. In Hong Kong, elections are canceled,” said Leslie Chan, a district councilor in Hong Kong,
referring to a year-long postponement of the city’s legislative elections by Lam, who cited public health risks from the coronavirus.

I don't think he understands "FAIR". Plus he is probably a CCP mouth piece.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#28]

It's for the sense of normality. A feel good measure. A sense of hope.

There will be no legitimate elections with this government. The Republic officially died this morning.
View Quote

Olympus has fallen. Freedom loving Americans will stand, but we're in for a trying time.

I've been honest with you all that I'm not a big Trump guy or a republican. I appreciate the good he's done, but my loyalty is to the good patriotic Americans who voted him in.
You're still standing. May not feel like it for some, but I know how strong you are and I know you are the backbone of the nation.

It's time to regroup and circle the wagons for what lies ahead. The left is a coalition of the fringe and without a common enemy it falls apart. Biden et al are stepping into a bad situation that they will make worse. They'll blame it on Trump and Trump supporters for a while, but that won't hold water for long and you'll be saying "I told you so". If you live in a big blue urban area I don't have much advice.  IMHO seeking out street level melees is counter productive. Defending your own community is a different story. Unfortunately, if you live behind enemy lines in a blue city... you're an insurgent and it's not your community. If you can't or don't want to move, then travel and join others for some respite when possible. If you live in a more sane place, start building community and preparing to hold your ground.

Republicans now joining the democrats in pearl clutching over a guy in a fur suit wandering the capitol will get slapped back into reality when the left comes for their life, liberty, and property. That said, I don't think there's any saving the GOP.
Time to form a new political block.

I'm not good at graphics or memes, but the media hypocrisy is glaring as usual....

God Bless you all. God Bless America.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

this new party has a direct action wing.   with a Big Fucking Stick.
View Quote

with community organizing....squads, platoons, companies.....
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

All the pro democracy/capitalism Hong Kongers are in prison/death camps...
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#31]

If you're on a dystopian bender, don't forget Orwell's Animal Farm, and the non-fiction The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (the abridged version is fine).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SolidState:

Hell yeah, thanks. I'm almost done with 1984, then Brave New World. Robert Heinlein is next.

After having listened to the whole three volumes, I can't imagine what could get left on the cutting room floor.

Another option on TGA: https://archive.org/details/TheGulagArchipelago/Solzhenitzyn_-_Gulag_Archiepelago_-_104-104.mp3  <---- the audiobook.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

Your not helping....

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

I have a 15 minute ride to a relatively small store, but I have a 25 and 150 meter range in my back yard. If I don't feel like putting on an over garment, I open carry to that small store.

....that's non American....

Actually just jelly you have a range in your backyard....

@Scoobysmak

( cough)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77256/IMG_20201004_183803-1620670.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77256/my_range-1660915.jpg

Your not helping....

@Scoobysmak

you should see the distance now with no leaves
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#33]
double tap? Looks like it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

yeah, that's not how that works.    let me 'splain....
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#35]
I am thinking a nice mailing-campaign following the 20th would be fun. The White House can receive the first wave. Anyone with me? It would be pretty funny if the WH received one-million copies of the Constitution.

https://constitutioncenter.org/media/files/constitution.pdf
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

I would be more impressed if he reflexively managed to use "all ya'll" properly ...  
View Quote

reflexively?   huh.   then what would I do with "yous"  (youz)
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

"Democracy", and our Republic, died yesterday.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

"Democracy", and our Republic, died yesterday.

It's not dead, because we are still here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
He straight up killed her.
View Quote

Yeah.   He wasn't shooting her in the neck to help her to the ground so she could breathe better.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ex_Sanguine_Nation] [#39]

From article...

View All Quotes

From article...

“At least in the U.S., their elections are fair. In Hong Kong, elections are canceled,” said Leslie Chan, a district councilor in Hong Kong,
referring to a year-long postponement of the city’s legislative elections by Lam, who cited public health risks from the coronavirus.

Oh, of course. I just appreciate irony.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:31:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#40]
WHERE THE HELL IS OUR PEACEFUL PROTEST TODAY???  Everyone went fucking home??  Election theft is only worth a few hours of peoples time?  Antifa laughs. They spent fucking weeks assaulting an emtpy court house just to say fuck you. Night after night. And we made it a few hours of flag waving....
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

... Oh look. CCP astroturf.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I am thinking a nice mailing-campaign following the 20th would be fun. The White House can receive the first wave. Anyone with me? It would be pretty funny if the WH received one-million copies of the Constitution.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/11358/20210107_121014-1768478.jpg

View Quote

Sorry dude.  We're so far beyond that line of thinking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

those are socialist CCP hong kongers

all the hong kongers that wanted democracy have long since been rounded up and sent to camps

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#44]
It's funny that when businesses were being burned and people injured/killed across the nation, Pelosi and others took a knee to support those doing the damage. But when people break into their place of business they don't seem to like it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

All the pro democracy/capitalism Hong Kongers are in prison/death camps...
View Quote

those are socialist CCP hong kongers

all the hong kongers that wanted democracy have long since been rounded up and sent to camps

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

Olympus has fallen. Freedom loving Americans will stand, but we're in for a trying time.

I've been honest with you all that I'm not a big Trump guy or a republican. I appreciate the good he's done, but my loyalty is to the good patriotic Americans who voted him in.
You're still standing. May not feel like it for some, but I know how strong you are and I know you are the backbone of the nation.

It's time to regroup and circle the wagons for what lies ahead. The left is a coalition of the fringe and without a common enemy it falls apart. Biden et al are stepping into a bad situation that they will make worse. They'll blame it on Trump and Trump supporters for a while, but that won't hold water for long and you'll be saying "I told you so". If you live in a big blue urban area I don't have much advice.  IMHO seeking out street level melees is counter productive. Defending your own community is a different story. Unfortunately, if you live behind enemy lines in a blue city... you're an insurgent and it's not your community. If you can't or don't want to move, then travel and join others for some respite when possible. If you live in a more sane place, start building community and preparing to hold your ground.

Republicans now joining the democrats in pearl clutching over a guy in a fur suit wandering the capitol will get slapped back into reality when the left comes for their life, liberty, and property. That said, I don't think there's any saving the GOP.

I'm not good at graphics or memes, but the media hypocrisy is glaring as usual....

https://i.ibb.co/nfgDbwp/mostlypeaceful5.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/0rtTcwC/patriotrebel.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

It's for the sense of normality. A feel good measure. A sense of hope.

There will be no legitimate elections with this government. The Republic officially died this morning.

https://i.ibb.co/nfgDbwp/mostlypeaceful5.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/0rtTcwC/patriotrebel.jpg

I think posters, such as that, should start appearing, everywhere.  Banners should pop up on overpasses 'Will not comply' and the like...dystopian mimic 'OBEY', and so on...everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/11358/20210107_121014-1768478.jpg

You doing something better with your time? It's not about changing anyone's mind.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
WHERE THE HELL IS OUR PEACEFUL PROTEST TODAY???  Everyone went fucking home??  Election theft is only worth a few hours of peoples time?  Antifa laughs. They spent fucking weeks assaulting an emtpy court house just to say fuck you. Night after night. And we made it a few hours of flag waving....
View Quote

One huge downside to our team is that most have a job or own a business and can't be away from it for long.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
View Quote

Protesting is not effective and a waste of resources.

The rats didn't even hesitate to reflect on the situation before gleefully certifying the fake election.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

... Oh look. CCP astroturf.
View Quote

yep
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top