Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Thanks for posting these......that helps.  I'm pretty sure the case I got has an ARMS mount since the release lever is mounted toward the rear of the case (same as the third link above.)  Also, it fits flat across the top--it doesn't have the two legs that attach it to the case.

It also has the silver brass deflector mentioned in this post:  https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/166233-mp5k-operational-briefcase-question.html#post1249851

So, that's several items now all pointing toward, IT'S A REPLICA.  It's not a different "variant", it's not a different "version", it's not a different "generation".  HK did not make this case.  I'm not saying it's a Chinese airsoft case, but it's not an authentic HK produced/licensed/original case.

No where in the listing did it state "...case *FOR* HK MP5."  It was listed as a "HK MP5 Case" that was "Made in Germany"......yet everything we are seeing in these links say it wasn't made in Germany.  HK didn't put an ARMS mount in this thing in Germany.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
@delorean

I didn't see you post it, but how did you purchase it and how was it delivered?

I.E.  check, credit card, etc.  and USPS, FedEx, UPS, respectively.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
No where in the listing did it state "...case *FOR* HK MP5." It was listed as a "HK MP5 Case" that was "Made in Germany"
View Quote
that wording is so nebulous OP... I just don't know that you really have a legit fraud case, technically speaking anyway... that seller was definitely being a sneaky cocksucker tho... that description is total Clintonian lawyer speak to cover ass and see if anyone bites IMO
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sturmgewehr is where all the old time NFA dealers hang out that are crooks.

Van from autoweapons.com hung out there. What does that tell you?

Buddy Hinton is also a douchebag.
View Quote
Buddy is a member here and is often in the EE
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm still coming to terms with $3,000 for a briefcase.
View Quote
They are rare and awesome. Remember people are throwing 35k to 40k easy in them to shoot(sp5k or sp89 and a sear).

I'm with you on the price though. I really want one but would be happy with a nice copy of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll give you $1,500 for it...
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@delorean

I didn't see you post it, but how did you purchase it and how was it delivered?

I.E.  check, credit card, etc.  and USPS, FedEx, UPS, respectively.
View Quote
Personal check (which already cleared), mailed through the US Mail across state lines.

Then the case was shipped via USPS Priority Mail in a plain box across state lines.  (One note: seller used a bunch of new Priority Mail bubble envelopes as packing material which "may be in violation of federal law" per their website when it comes to misuse of USPS packaging.)
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’ll give you $1,500 for it...
View Quote
Send me a PM so I have your info.  That's what I figured one of the replicas were worth.  The real HK ones sell for at least $1000-1500 more........which is why I was satisfied I got what I thought was a real one for $2700.

If I only paid $1500 for it, and found out it was a replica, I wouldn't be as pissed as I am now since I got what I paid for.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Personal check (which already cleared), mailed through the US Mail across state lines.

Then the case was shipped via USPS Priority Mail in a plain box across state lines.  (One note: seller used a bunch of new Priority Mail bubble envelopes as packing material which "may be in violation of federal law" per their website when it comes to misuse of USPS packaging.)
View Quote
The main hurdle is proving intent to defraud. I'm not sure that is an easy task considering the item appears to be more or less as described.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No where in the listing did it state "...case *FOR* HK MP5."  It was listed as a "HK MP5 Case" that was "Made in Germany"......yet everything we are seeing in these links say it wasn't made in Germany.  HK didn't put an ARMS mount in this thing in Germany.
View Quote
The listing title you're quoting is just a bunch of keywords, really. The Item Description is what you have to rely on. The big red flag is the four crappy pics. I don't buy anything off Gunbroker that doesn't have lots of high quality pics.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm quite content with my unlocked older $299 cell phones I buy every two years. $2000 for a cell phone is just as nutty as a $3000 briefcase.

View Quote
Buy a "dealer demo" phone for $50. Works fine, but can't be activated because it's not a real phone.

Buy a broken phone for $100

Have a phone repair shop swap the guts for $50.

End up with newest flagship phone for $200.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks

-You may have already done this, but if not I would contact your bank and let them know you believe you were a victim of fraud.  Explain the situation and ask them if they have any protections for that.  If so, they will likely ask you to file a police report and bring a copy to them.

-If you're set on going federal because of the mail fraud aspect.  You're probably better filing a complaint with the US Postal Inspection Service by contacting one of their local offices.  The issue that you may run into there is since your loss is relatively minor on the Federal scale, it will probably not meet the threshold for follow-up.  They will likely tell you your best recourse is civil, so I don't know if it would be worth your time/effort.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#13]
????????
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol. Really dude? Jesus. I wish you weren’t serious. But you are.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are you saying that the made in Germany stamp is fake (due to it being a replica?)

I am more inclined to think that these are just from a different source overseas as it mentions in the other ads.

I would think they are worth more than $1500 as they originally sold for more than that when they first came back into the country.
View Quote
Frank G(a top 10 seller on GB I believe) sold a pallet of them a couple of years ago. They went for close to $3k each, you’d think if they were fake one of the 40+ cases he sold would have said something.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#17]
It seems that asking a couple questions could have avoided all of the OP’s problems.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I had someone sell me an 'original sling' on a Japanese Type 38. Ended up being a similar Swede sling people used to use as stand-ins.

Seller just didn't care, because didn't want to refudn any money, even though items then loses $100 of value.

GUN BROKER DOESN'T DO SHIT. THEY WON'T EVEN ANSWER EMAILS.

They'll make you file police report and all that. Good luck...
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It seems that asking a couple questions could have avoided all of the OP’s problems.
View Quote
2014 join date. 1st post. Louisiana. Are you the seller?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
$3,000+++ for a briefcase?

holy shit..
View Quote
LMAO
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#21]
OP, how exactly is the item not as described?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah, this blows my mind. A three thousand dollar briefcase. A briefcase.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still coming to terms with $3,000 for a briefcase.
Yeah, this blows my mind. A three thousand dollar briefcase. A briefcase.
It fits a f'ing machine gun, not your divorce papers. It is way more than just A briefcase.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting these......that helps.  I'm pretty sure the case I got has an ARMS mount since the release lever is mounted toward the rear of the case (same as the third link above.)  Also, it fits flat across the top--it doesn't have the two legs that attach it to the case.

It also has the silver brass deflector mentioned in this post:  https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/166233-mp5k-operational-briefcase-question.html#post1249851

So, that's several items now all pointing toward, IT'S A REPLICA.  It's not a different "variant", it's not a different "version", it's not a different "generation".  HK did not make this case.  I'm not saying it's a Chinese airsoft case, but it's not an authentic HK produced/licensed/original case.

View Quote
The photos on the auction clearly say it was made in Germany which is molded into the case and if it’s functioning you can put an MP5 into it..  

It sounds like a homework issue and that you didn’t do it until you had something iffy in your hands.  A quick look at the photos and you can see it has Phillips head screws.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OP, how exactly is the item not as described?
View Quote
There are lots of posts about that from the OP if you look through the thread.

OP: maybe edit the first post and add all the extra info you provided.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't understand why so many people are not getting it.

If OP accidently bought a fake ACOG, no one would be trying to shame OP or say he got what he asked for/what was presented to him.

But make it a more expensive item, especially for HK owners and half of you are wildly and deliriously blaming the guy that appears to have been scammed instead of the scammer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Ouch,yeah i would be pissed too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Postiing to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
You've been here since 14 and this is your first post...and that location?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How would GD handle?  Fire up the killdozer
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Go to HKpro and start asking questions and posting pics
View Quote
This. Seems deceptive at the least. Maybe you can make folks hesitant to deal with him but I wouldn't hope for much more than that. Scumbag move.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Did someone say this is Taylor pickerell?

Edit: it is him. He is a VERY popular gunsmith

I’d be extremely surprised if this is actually a counterfeit briefcase.

It doesn’t sound like it is.
View Quote
Found the fan boi
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I feel like we found the seller or his buddy...
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There are lots of posts about that from the OP if you look through the thread.

OP: maybe edit the first lost and add all the extra info you provided.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure I read most of it.
It would appear that as advertised:
The case is a Hofbeauer made in Germany.
It does fit an MP5.

I don't see where anything further was advertised. OP may have assumed some things about the case that turned out not to be true, but I don't see where any of that was advertised.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#35]
$3000 for a brief case and we hoe bitches for buying $3000 purses lol
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Stopped caring when I read HK
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure. I’ve been saving this account since 2014 just for this occasion. Actually, I was surprised to see that this was my first post although I usually just lurk and read. By the way, did I say anything incorrect?
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have it in the safe at work, but if you look at this website, you can see what I'm talking about.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/27/review-hk-mp5k-briefcase-modifications/

The one I received has a metal handle and Phillips head screws just like this one:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/PC190931-920x690.jpg

The real ones are plastic with flat heads and a different profile......look like this:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/IMG_4543-920x690.jpg

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/IMG_4541.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP should post some pics so we can see the issues he is upset about. Hard to give advice without pics.

That's what I would do.
I have it in the safe at work, but if you look at this website, you can see what I'm talking about.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/10/27/review-hk-mp5k-briefcase-modifications/

The one I received has a metal handle and Phillips head screws just like this one:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/PC190931-920x690.jpg

The real ones are plastic with flat heads and a different profile......look like this:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/IMG_4543-920x690.jpg

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/IMG_4541.jpg
That makes sense, but after going back and looking at the GB pics, I can see the phillip head screws. Did you not notice this when reviewing the pics?

How was what you received different from the pics? not trying to bust you balls just a question. What did he say when you asked him why the handle was different before you bought it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Gunbroker listing itself is accurate "Hofbauer MP5K Briefcase made in German"  That is an accurate description of the said case.   When Hofbeauer cases were being made/modified for HK they were just cases they were not being made for collector's value years later.  If they were out of one type of screw and had to use another they would have just done used whatever else they had.  The blogger's information that SW may had converted the same Hofbauer cases, or ordered them speced out slightly different, may or may not be accurate.  It would still be a "Hofbauer MP5K Briefcase made in German" even if that is correct.  I understand OP's concern, this case would considered to worth less as a collector's item, but it also a bit of a buyer's mistake.
View Quote
Not a HK expert but this seems to been the case, I think for $3k I would have asked many questions. The first question would be to confirm this was a authentic HK made case, second WTF makes it worth $3k

And I would had to have some HK buddies check out the ad as I know very little about HKs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Dispute with credit card company.  You did pay with a credit card, right?
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Dispute with credit card company.  You did pay with a credit card, right?
View Quote
He paid with a check
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He paid with a check
View Quote
Rhetorical to further dig in retardery for sending a check.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Meh, depending.. I would go scorched earth on the fucker.. Its a matter of principle.... IF on the other hand the 1K loss is not worth the squeeze I do understand.. Chalk it up as a lesson and move on.... Either way its shitty that he has represented himself as a fucktard... A real man would have reversed the transaction in a situation like this.. He is CLEARLY a scammer....
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sure. I’ve been saving this account since 2014 just for this occasion. Actually, I was surprised to see that this was my first post although I usually just lurk and read. By the way, did I say anything incorrect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He comes out swinging like the seller would...
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Meh, depending.. I would go scorched earth on the fucker.. Its a matter of principle.... IF on the other hand the 1K loss is not worth the squeeze I do understand.. Chalk it up as a lesson and move on.... Either way its shitty that he has represented himself as a fucktard... A real man would have reversed the transaction in a situation like this.. He is CLEARLY a scammer....
View Quote
I agree by the comments he made and the ignoring messages.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Using postal service to perpetrate fraud is a felony, but getting postal inspectors to file is another story. That is a bit of cash you’re out though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:44:23 AM EDT
[#47]
He paid with a check
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't know if he is clearly a scammer but he doesn't come off as someone I'd want to do business with. Honestly for the price and the description one would assume it was a case that HK sold. Now it seems like it might not be, or it isn't original(as in it might have been a hk case that has had parts replaced with non hk ones). With what seems like a legit question on it being a HK made(as in modified) case the best course of action is to take the return and refund as long as its in the condition it was sold in. Resell it listing a better description. The description does sound kinda scammy though, worded in a way where one can say they didn't claim it was one HK did while making it seem like it is.

I don't fault the OP for buying what he thought was a real HK case from a seller that is linked with a reputable(or claimed to be) machine gun smith. Its also worth saying that a lot of people in the MG industry are not the best as giving information on guns so it doesn't surprise me that the description wasn't as clear as it should have been.

I gotta say if I was buying one of these cases I wouldn't have known the difference in the handles or screws and didn't know that Todd Bailey made copies using the same case. A vendor who I thought was legit selling it would have been fine.

People saying post it on HK Pro and let them way in are on the right track. I'm guessing you will find people there with more information on it. I mean do we know if any of the licensed makers of the mp5 guns like MKE didn't source the case from Germany and modify it themselves? Maybe some people have more info on what Bailey actually did and how to identify if its actually one of his conversions.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 1:57:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I’d go scorched earth on the fucker. The wording of his messages to you is sooooo fucking telling. Dude is sketchy AF and he knew what he was about.

In other news, anyone who pays for anything via personal check in 2019 *almost* deserves to be defrauded. They’re a short step up from Western Union.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#50]
I’d try to get the money back but I wouldn’t sell it for 1,500 probably works just like the HK one, if it is a replica looks real enough to me.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top