Site Notices
Page / 471
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Splash one! Guns! Guns! Guns!

View Quote

The walking splashes are a nice aesthetic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

Sounded like some females in the assault group too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
3:30 video of action in tweet.

Likely medics.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

I have always disagreed with the notion that we are exceptional. It gives rise to arrogance and conceit. What exactly, is exceptional about America? Our Constitution, more importantly the Bill of Rights, is exceptional. Something both parties have taken turns using it for toilet paper. We are not smarter, harder working, more creative, honest, moral, spiritual or healthier than at least a dozen other nations. Probably two dozen other nations.

We were once world leaders in public education, we are pitiful now. Many cities graduate young men and women who can't read at 7th grade levels. How does a person get to graduate high school when they are borderline retarded? Urban gangs are committing murder in some communities at rates that would make Central America blush. When the Valentines Day Massacre happened, I think seven (7) people were killed, it shocked the nation. Ten times that many get murdered in Chicago over the course of a Holiday weekend as a rule, and we yawn.

We are tearing ourselves apart at the seams politically. There are no centrist members of Congress. None. JFK would be considered far right by today's Democratic Party, and they call that progress. Trump is popular because he is basically a middle finger to the Democratic Party, what does he offer beyond that?

Based on my age and my health, I will probably be dead in five years. I will never see the ship righted. I was inspired by Ronald Reagan in 1980 because he was a well-spoken, patriotic, anti-communist, reduce government waste and spending - conservative. He knew how to wield military power and not start a war; he spoke softly and carried a big stick.

I don't have the answer to America's crisis, the problem is nobody else seems too either. The idea that we are somehow exceptional may be our unraveling.

View Quote

Where do you get those Chicago murder numbers or was it hyperbole?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]

In a second wave of strikes by the IDF in southern Lebanon this morning (25 Aug 2024), Hezbollah rocket launchers were destroyed west of Yater in what we exposed as a Hezbollah Military Zone two years earlier (05 Aug 2022). Pay attention to the involuntary ignition of a rocket after being struck by IDF ordnance. Caves are located less than 1 km from the launch sites and could be providing the Hezbollah operatives with some protection.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

According to our assessment, #Hezbollah intended, in its original response that was disrupted, to carry out a combined bombardment attack against #Israel: an intensive rocket and UAV strike on northern Israel (hundreds of launches, not thousands) as a diversion and intentionally engaging the Israeli defense systems, while, simultaneously, firing several accurate missiles or heavy rockets or UAVs at security targets in central Israel. This, with the aim to fulfill Hezbollah’s equation: If Israel accurately hits a target in Beirut (Fouad Shakar in Dahiyeh), Hezbollah will accurately hit a high-quality target in the heart of Israel.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Video, fpv drone attack.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#7]

I have always disagreed with the notion that we are exceptional. It gives rise to arrogance and conceit. What exactly, is exceptional about America? Our Constitution, more importantly the Bill of Rights, is exceptional. Something both parties have taken turns using it for toilet paper. We are not smarter, harder working, more creative, honest, moral, spiritual or healthier than at least a dozen other nations. Probably two dozen other nations.

We were once world leaders in public education, we are pitiful now. Many cities graduate young men and women who can't read at 7th grade levels. How does a person get to graduate high school when they are borderline retarded? Urban gangs are committing murder in some communities at rates that would make Central America blush. When the Valentines Day Massacre happened, I think seven (7) people were killed, it shocked the nation. Ten times that many get murdered in Chicago over the course of a Holiday weekend as a rule, and we yawn.

We are tearing ourselves apart at the seams politically. There are no centrist members of Congress. None. JFK would be considered far right by today's Democratic Party, and they call that progress. Trump is popular because he is basically a middle finger to the Democratic Party, what does he offer beyond that?

Based on my age and my health, I will probably be dead in five years. I will never see the ship righted. I was inspired by Ronald Reagan in 1980 because he was a well-spoken, patriotic, anti-communist, reduce government waste and spending - conservative. He knew how to wield military power and not start a war; he spoke softly and carried a big stick.

I don't have the answer to America's crisis, the problem is nobody else seems too either. The idea that we are somehow exceptional may be our unraveling.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

The US needs to be an exceptional nation, now more than ever. Meanwhile, Democrats and some Republicans want America to be just another nation in the 'community of nations' in the world.

The Republican party's failure to embrace American Exceptionalism and build a platform around it is a huge failure for the whole country, and the world. The Republican Party has been failing to develop an alternative vision for America, for the future, for years while the world grows steadily more evil and more authoritarian.

This is sort of a direct response but also a wider appeal.
I don’t think we can toss about the “American exceptionalism” claim without walking the walk too.
Is it possible to be exceptional even in today’s world?  Yes.  Are we doing it?  No.
I hear and agree with most of what you’re saying.  Where does change start at this point?  Everything starts with us.  If, at the end of the day, you have done everything in your own control to lead a moral life and be faithful to the Constitution, then be proud.  You have done your job as a citizen.
It starts with understanding the Constitution, conducting ourselves politically according to it and not using it as a fig leaf when we want to do things that are against it.  Demand accountability from “your team” and don’t give them a pass because they’re “your team.”  If “your team” violates the Constitution and makes excuses for it, they don’t deserve your vote or support.  Period.
Read the Constitution and the writings of the founding fathers, then turn on your favorite politically-oriented news and rationally compare the two.  Then you will understand that the political news you consume is a firehose of liquified horse shit.
Currently, all mass political media is concerned with two things:  1)Splitting the population into two teams using a set of hotbutton issues and 2) Infantilizing political discussion so that people are no longer capable of forming rational conclusions, they accept what they are told like a child would from its parents.
Go to Youtube and look up some recorded political commentary shows from the 60s, 70s, even the 80s.  The difference in the level of discourse is STARK - AND WE HAVE ALLOWED THIS.
Return to the Bible and the Constitution and reevaluate everything the last 30 years have politically trained into you.  If it violates either, throw it out!  Even if it’s painful.
To all this I’ll also add - SPEAK OUT.  DO NOT BE SILENT!
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

View All Quotes

I think it is a little hyperbole.   70 getting shot on a holiday weekend is easy.

This link tracks the Chicago murder stats...
Chicago murder stats
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
1 hr ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV2TYGLXoAAlVej?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
No, thats an attempt to hide it.  Old Russkie trick they used in WW2
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Would be hilarious if a Russian missile drops the Kerch bridge.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Weekend Ukraine map thread for Sat/Sun 24-25th August 2024

Highlights: Russian forces move into Novohrodivka and the surrounding area, continuing to advance in the Selydove and Pokrovsk directions.

Russian forces advanced into Toretsk from two directions.

Russian forces also advanced slightly east of Vodyane, and at Kostyantynivka in the Vuhledar direction.

Ukrainian forces are claimed to have advanced slightly near Malaya Loknya in Kursk oblast by both sides, but we've not seen many geolocations from the area this weekend, bar one east of Marevka

Map: https://uacontrolmap.com

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Likely medics.
View All Quotes
3:30 video of action in tweet.

Likely medics.

Props to them. I'm sure they know that if things go wrong and they get captured, their treatment  at the hands of russians and Chechens is going to be different than that of the men. Their bravery is the same as the men and also different. Respect.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
AKA.

We need to kick ass when someone bows up.

Instead dems and half GD want to sulk back and piss down our own leg.
View Quote

Off-topic - that's not what American Exceptionalism is, at all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#17]
1:30 sec video in tweet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:I have always disagreed with the notion that we are exceptional. It gives rise to arrogance and conceit. What exactly, is exceptional about America? Our Constitution, more importantly the Bill of Rights, is exceptional. Something both parties have taken turns using it for toilet paper. We are not smarter, harder working, more creative, honest, moral, spiritual or healthier than at least a dozen other nations. Probably two dozen other nations.

View Quote

Off-topic - American Exceptionalism lies in the guarantees of liberty and justice for all through the doctrine of negative rights and limited government. To this day, America is the ONLY country in the world with a presumptive freedom of speech where any limit has to be defended by the government with a very high bar to meet. If the system were allowed to work, America would remain a free, prosperous nation where people are allowed to innovate, take risks, and succeed or fail on their own. This is worth a whole thread on its own.
End off-topic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#20]
short video in tweet from RU bunker.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#21]
ETA:
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Its very heartening to see so many young female Ukraians step up to serve in front line units as medics, there is also the "witch" who was a lawyer and became a great fighter and leader. Many female snipers also.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#23]
The situation on the Pokrovsk front is extremely critical, with Russian troops currently speeding through Novohrodivka, which would put them at the gates to the city. The Russians reportedly control at least half of the town. Continuing compounding failures on this front mean that, failing a counterattack that is unlikely to materialize, the Russians will be at Pokrovsk in a couple of weeks. There is mixed information about what exactly is going on in Novohrodivka, with some Ukrainian sources saying there is extremely heavy fighting, while others are complaining about the speed of the Russian advance due to a lack of artillery ammo. Both are probably true.

I'm not arguing against the Kursk offensive necessarily. I think it was a bold and important move that's had needed successes. However, the battle over Donetsk is extremely significant. The land gained in Kursk is mostly farmland, while the Ukrainians are losing important industrialized areas. There is a lot of concern in Ukrainian circles about this, regardless of how much this has done for the exchange fund and morale. We don't know how many Ukrainian troops are in Kursk, but it is estimated to be as high as about 15,000 troops. Would that be enough to save Pokrovsk? I don't know. However, there were many troops pulled off the line that could've been used to help hold it. I think a lot of people would be opposed to trading Pokrovsk for Suzdah. The flip side of the argument is that this isn't necessarily the trade; the trade is losing Pokrovsk a bit slower versus losing it quicker and taking ground in Kursk. Ukraine was already slowly losing ground on the Pokrovsk front before they went into Kursk.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#24]

This is sort of a direct response but also a wider appeal.
I don’t think we can toss about the “American exceptionalism” claim without walking the walk too.
Is it possible to be exceptional even in today’s world?  Yes.  Are we doing it?  No.
I hear and agree with most of what you’re saying.  Where does change start at this point?  Everything starts with us.  If, at the end of the day, you have done everything in your own control to lead a moral life and be faithful to the Constitution, then be proud.  You have done your job as a citizen.
It starts with understanding the Constitution, conducting ourselves politically according to it and not using it as a fig leaf when we want to do things that are against it.  Demand accountability from “your team” and don’t give them a pass because they’re “your team.”  If “your team” violates the Constitution and makes excuses for it, they don’t deserve your vote or support.  Period.
Read the Constitution and the writings of the founding fathers, then turn on your favorite politically-oriented news and rationally compare the two.  Then you will understand that the political news you consume is a firehose of liquified horse shit.
Currently, all mass political media is concerned with two things:  1)Splitting the population into two teams using a set of hotbutton issues and 2) Infantilizing political discussion so that people are no longer capable of forming rational conclusions, they accept what they are told like a child would from its parents.
Go to Youtube and look up some recorded political commentary shows from the 60s, 70s, even the 80s.  The difference in the level of discourse is STARK - AND WE HAVE ALLOWED THIS.
Return to the Bible and the Constitution and reevaluate everything the last 30 years have politically trained into you.  If it violates either, throw it out!  Even if it’s painful.
To all this I’ll also add - SPEAK OUT.  DO NOT BE SILENT!
View Quote

We are still exceptional, but quickly losing that status.

The average European has the same living space, percentage with AC, TV's, and cars as the average BOTTOM 20% of Americans.

Japan and SK are less.

The rest of the is world is far less.  The median household income of the entire non-US world is about $10K with the median individual income of about $3K.

Declining population, destruction of the family and traditional family values, willful lowering of education standards, long term (and accelerating) success of socialist and communist politicians, and other assaults on democracy and law will soon ensure "equity" with the rest of the world.

Only then will Obama's "fundamentally change America" goal become a success.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
Its very heartening to see so many young female Ukraians step up to serve in front line units as medics, there is also the "witch" who was a lawyer and became a great fighter and leader. Many female snipers also.
View Quote

All medical professionals are subject to conscription there including women.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#27]

I'd be a bit worried being that close and hitting its warhead. Good aerial gunnery here!
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

I'd be a bit worried being that close and hitting its warhead. Good aerial gunnery here!
View Quote

High explosives are pretty stable. Not too much to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

High explosives are pretty stable. Not too much to worry about.
View Quote

It's Iranian/Russian made, not North Korean
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
AKA.

We need to kick ass when someone bows up.

Instead dems and half GD want to sulk back and piss down our own leg.

Yea, it’s just a big part of it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

20 years ago you would be right. Do you really think we are an actual Constitutional Republican in 2024 and that the left gives a shit about the rule of law and the Constitution? You have good responses in this thread and others. You are a respected member here, but you should know that ship has sailed and turning the other cheek is what got us here. In not for burning it all down, but continuing on the same path is madness, you know it and I know it. I certainly don't look at Trump,  RFK Jr and Tulsi as saviors, but at least they see the problem and are willing to call it out.  They are pretty fucking far from perfect but if they are tossing monkey wrenches into the plans of the left, I'm alright with it. Certainly beats the GWB, McCain, and Romney types. Yes, I am absolutely saying two people who were Democrats at this time last year are better than some Republicans. We bitch and moan about the whole big club thing, then attack people who are attacking the club.
View Quote

There are two groups driving America now: The leftist Neo-marxist democrats and the "Trumpsters" who are mostly ex-Republicans, Independents and a few old school democrats.

The old Republican neo-cons are pretending to fight the marxists while sabotaging the Trumpsters.  They just want the status quo to return where they are pretending to fight the democrats, fundraising along with them from the same crooked lobbies, many of them foreign, pretending to want to solve the problems "If we only had the WH, or Senate, or Congress, or SCOTUS" or whatever bullshit excuse only to keep the grift going. The republicans and the democrats would take turns in power, pretending to want to solve problems all the while getting rich and making things worse. Along comes Trump, makes the same claims to want to fix "this and that" and within a few months starts SOLVING THE PROBLEMS! The scam is exposed. The problems could have been solved all along, years, DECADES AGO. And now here we are.

When dudes like Capta used to claim "Trump is not a Republican"...I would get upset because he has accomplished all the shit the Republicans have been talking about for decades. But Capta is correct. Trump is not that thing Republicans have turned into.

So we can chose between the Neo-marxists mascaraing as "democrats" or the Trumpsters maskarading as Republicans. Because the system is totally crooked (ask RFK Jr.) you can only be one or the other...
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
https://heyjackass.com
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
The situation on the Pokrovsk front is extremely critical, with Russian troops currently speeding through Novohrodivka, which would put them at the gates to the city. The Russians reportedly control at least half of the town. Continuing compounding failures on this front mean that, failing a counterattack that is unlikely to materialize, the Russians will be at Pokrovsk in a couple of weeks. There is mixed information about what exactly is going on in Novohrodivka, with some Ukrainian sources saying there is extremely heavy fighting, while others are complaining about the speed of the Russian advance due to a lack of artillery ammo. Both are probably true.

I'm not arguing against the Kursk offensive necessarily. I think it was a bold and important move that's had needed successes. However, the battle over Donetsk is extremely significant. The land gained in Kursk is mostly farmland, while the Ukrainians are losing important industrialized areas. There is a lot of concern in Ukrainian circles about this, regardless of how much this has done for the exchange fund and morale. We don't know how many Ukrainian troops are in Kursk, but it is estimated to be as high as about 15,000 troops. Would that be enough to save Pokrovsk? I don't know. However, there were many troops pulled off the line that could've been used to help hold it. I think a lot of people would be opposed to trading Pokrovsk for Suzdah. The flip side of the argument is that this isn't necessarily the trade; the trade is losing Pokrovsk a bit slower versus losing it quicker and taking ground in Kursk. Ukraine was already slowly losing ground on the Pokrovsk front before they went into Kursk.
View Quote

AFU did not have adequate defensive lines prepared for the fall of Avdiivka. Russia was able to take Avdiivka with sheer mass - throwing huge numbers of men & machines at the point, plus vigorous air-ground bombing making it impossible to hold. Knowing that Russia was going all-in for Avdiikvka, AFU should have worked hard on secondary and tertiary lines to build up strong defense lines with mutual support nodes. Since Avdiivka, that sector has seen steady gains for Russia that are more than incremental. Everywhere else, Russia's gains are insignificant. AFU pushed Russia back from Kharkiv. But they have so far been unable to do the same on the Avdiivka sector. Russia needs only one breakthrough where the defenses fail and make a big push that will break Ukraine. Natural defenses nearest Pokrovsk need urgent and immediate attention, and they need reinforcements to keep from becoming a rout. Limited success in Kursk means nothing if they suffer major territorial losses on their own soil. Between Kursk & Pokrovsk right now, it looks like Russia is winning the exchange. AFU's gains in Kursk are very limited, and no major centers taken besides Sudzha. They do not threaten the NPP or Kursk city, and will not.

Still looking for Syrski to be replaced by year's end.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Yeah, I think we also are currently working with what we have.  Although it isn't a bad idea to have more modern refueling tankers for the Air Force, the article above doesn't delve into the 66 additional airbases we are working on getting access to with regional partners in the Pacific to lessen the Air Force's refueling burden for working against China.

https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/JIPA/Display/Article/3768313/fueling-a-superpower-reprioritizing-the-us-air-refueling-fleet-for-great-power/

If you want more maintenance guys, or other jobs, the best way to get them and keep them is with good benefits and pay.
View Quote

Nyet! Get the vaxx or GTFO! #XidenAdmin
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#36]
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/th-463.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV02p9cXwAAb2Ps?format=jpg&name=large/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/th-463.jpg
View Quote

You can spot the perpetrators because they will be dragging giant brass balls...
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:03:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#37]

AFU did not have adequate defensive lines prepared for the fall of Avdiivka. Russia was able to take Avdiivka with sheer mass - throwing huge numbers of men & machines at the point, plus vigorous air-ground bombing making it impossible to hold. Knowing that Russia was going all-in for Avdiikvka, AFU should have worked hard on secondary and tertiary lines to build up strong defense lines with mutual support nodes. Since Avdiivka, that sector has seen steady gains for Russia that are more than incremental. Everywhere else, Russia's gains are insignificant. AFU pushed Russia back from Kharkiv. But they have so far been unable to do the same on the Avdiivka sector. Russia needs only one breakthrough where the defenses fail and make a big push that will break Ukraine. Natural defenses nearest Pokrovsk need urgent and immediate attention, and they need reinforcements to keep from becoming a rout. Limited success in Kursk means nothing if they suffer major territorial losses on their own soil. Between Kursk & Pokrovsk right now, it looks like Russia is winning the exchange. AFU's gains in Kursk are very limited, and no major centers taken besides Sudzha. They do not threaten the NPP or Kursk city, and will not.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Honestly, Syrsky hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought he'd be. Now, he hasn't been great by any means, but he also hasn't been as disastrous as I'd feared initially. The difference been Syrsky and Zaluzhny is not principally great; their doctrinal approaches are similar and both are of the same old guard of the 1980s-1990s. I've heard rumblings that Syrsky is less willing to tolerate dissent than Zaluzhny, but it doesn't seem to have caused that many problems. Also, Zaluzhny and Zelenskyy were fueding very heavily prior to the former's removal, to the point that Zaluzhny was allegedly conducting operations without presidential approval. That relationship needed to end, one way or another. When it comes to replacing Syrsky, I'm certainly open to the idea, but it depends on who he's replaced by. Everything I've seen and read, to include from people within the AFU, indicates that Ukraine lacks good leadership at that level.

Also, I'll say that I don't think that Russia has the mechanization, coordination, or logistical capabilities to exploit any breakthroughs they do make.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#38]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV2zHhrW8AAInax?format=jpg&name=medium ETA: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV2nh6oXgAEDR3h?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

A lot of implications here.  It looks like the Russians have committed so many troops to the "Meat Wave" assaults they have a lot of vulnerabilities to cover.  Ukraine has a lot of opportunities but the have to be careful; if they fully commit, the Russians can isolate the damage.  However, as long as they can continue to threaten other areas with a "force in being", either an actual force or one that may only exist in the Russian Leadership's imagination; think General George Patton and the First US Army Group and the Normandy invasion.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Look up this year's July 04th through the weekend numbers. The 04th was on a Thursday, but the four days, that included the weekend were ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#40]
1:30 sec video in tweet.
View Quote

twitter needs auto translate.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

The founding of the USA as a Republic of free individuals, under a Constitution that limits the government rather than the people IS/WAS exceptional. Yes it has been squandered and corrupted 240 years later but at the time of kings and subjects, it was truly exceptional.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#42]

The walking splashes are a nice aesthetic.
View Quote

Lucky it wasn't flying over a refugee camp...
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

With modern emergency medical care, Chicago can have 70-80 people shot in a weekend and "only" 15-20 die...In 1920 Chicago, probably 40-50 would have died. Still not 70 but I think his point was valid.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By michigan66:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GV0Q5WEWgAAAC7O_jpeg-3304503.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GV0Q5WOWAAAiQTJ_jpeg-3304505.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GV0Q5WGXAAAkzap_jpeg-3304507.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GV1gHeQXUAAggb3_jpeg-3304515.JPG
View Quote

What's with the rooster/chickens? Is that the official Hezbo mascot? Or do they keep chickens as sex slaves? France will be pissed...
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:10:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#45]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

What's with the rooster/chickens? Is that the official Hezbo mascot? Or do they keep chickens as sex slaves? France will be pissed...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By michigan66:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GV0Q5WEWgAAAC7O_jpeg-3304503.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GV0Q5WOWAAAiQTJ_jpeg-3304505.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GV0Q5WGXAAAkzap_jpeg-3304507.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GV1gHeQXUAAggb3_jpeg-3304515.JPG

They managed to hit a chicken coop yesterday with a missile.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I guess it was either him or them...I wonder who he offended?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#47]

33sec video of Chinese ship hitting Philippine ship
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I'm wondering what they take away from the current Towed vs SPG Artillery debate, with towed now preferred as they are easier to hide in tree lines / defend with drone nets. Flying directly counter to the traditional views of 'shoot n scoot' being preferable to avoid counter battery artillery fire.

Hopefully we see a L/52 M777 developed for better range.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:17:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#49]
NVM
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Yup. If the goal of the Kursk offensive is to trade land for land, it's a failure. It will be very hard to get the Russians out of Donbas while Ukraine will not be allowed to keep Kursk. The US and NATO will step in and make them give it back before the end.
Page / 471
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top