Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Very good movie. Stayed entertaining from the beginning to the end.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm waiting for it to start... People that bring their toddlers are assholes.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I concur.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was really hoping that after the T-rex and Velociraptor teamed up to kill the Indominus, the T-Rex would start killing everything. Instead it looked at the Raptor, nodded, and walked away.

That was gay as AIDS. The T-rex has a brain the size of a walnut. It wouldn't be able to comprehend loyalty from another species. It would have killed the Velociraptor, the Hot Chick, Chris Pratt, and the two useless kids.

That part pretty much ruined the movie for me. All the bad dinosaurs from JP1 all the sudden become good guys. Gay.]
View Quote

Yeah, the dinosaurs' behavior was a problem.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't find the spoiler button
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:03:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
* I'm also tiring of not so subliminal product placement in every fucking movie I watch. Merc, Samsung, Coke, Beats, Starbucks, Triumph, etc. all had leading roles
View Quote

You missed Hilton.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:17:49 AM EDT
[#7]
This will be the first movie I seen in theater in at least a year. I am looking forward to this. I don't remember the original JP very much but I will remember this one I'm sure.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Our oldest is 4 and a half.....is the movie appropriate for his age group?  He loves Dinos!!!
View Quote

Maybe a little scary for a kid that young. Get it on DVD when it comes out, and fast forward through the parts of people getting eaten.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is it ok for my 10yo son. I said I would take hime next week.
View Quote

I took my 10 year old daughter. I hid behind her during the scary parts.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
People have some funny ideas about Dinosaurs, that they only lived millions of years ago etc... Go to the jungles of africa and there are still some dinosaurs alive today.. One missionary in our church knows someone who saw a Triceratops in the Central African Republic. Creating mythology about dinosaurs is one way the devil tries to make evolution convincing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I saw it last night. There will be another one made. The give away is when the helicopter left with a certain scientist.
But the best part is when I saw myself sitting on the steps with my hat off right before the Pterodactyl attack.

If you only knew how many scenes were shot but not used.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd like to see how they secured the original park and animals in order to build the new one.
View Quote

This..... If they make a prequel of when the new company starts securing the island for construction it has the potential to be epic.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
People have some funny ideas about Dinosaurs, that they only lived millions of years ago etc... Go to the jungles of africa and there are still some dinosaurs alive today.. One missionary in our church knows someone who saw a Triceratops in the Central African Republic. Creating mythology about dinosaurs is one way the devil tries to make evolution convincing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/stewie_zpse3509b9c.gif

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Dances with Dinosaurs?  

I enjoyed the ground-breaking CGI in Dances with Smurfs too, but I prefer to have literary content with cool CGI.

The older I get the less entertained I am by movie technology, and the more I'm entertained by literary content.
View Quote

Fudd...

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Saw it last night, my son's 11th birthday.  All my kids loved it.  Not a bad movie at all.  CGI was well done.

Chris Pratt was good in his role, the bromance with the raptors was a little cheesy but the movie is certainly better then JP II and as good as Lost World.  

Can't decide on Bryce Dallas Howard, sometimes she's a smoking hot ginger and other times she's got the appeal of a mannequin.
View Quote

Wait.... Did you say Bryce Dallas Howard?

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#17]
It wasn't nearly as bad CGI as the previews looked. I enjoyed it, although I would've liked a little more plot and character building.

I got excited when they mentioned a helo with an M134 mini gun, but was disappointed when they shot it and it sounded like an AK-47. I suppose if it were more realistic the dino would've been cut in two and the movie ended too soon :).
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why did no one inform that the 15'ers were pushing up the 13'ers daisies?

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Look up the Jba Fofi - a 5 foot spider that exists in the Congo... Africa is bigger than you think, consider before you discount the existence of things... Dr Hovind has said after most of his speeches someone from the audience has come forward having seen something for instance giant " dinosaurs" can be seen in the water from high bridges occasionally. Why do ancient cultures have carvings of dinosaurs? Why do so many cultures agree with what Dragons look like? Was God a liar when he described dinosaurs as currently living creatures in the book of Job? Last mission trip I went on, I even saw something that might be explained that way
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look up the Jba Fofi - a 5 foot spider that exists in the Congo... Africa is bigger than you think, consider before you discount the existence of things... Dr Hovind has said after most of his speeches someone from the audience has come forward having seen something for instance giant " dinosaurs" can be seen in the water from high bridges occasionally. Why do ancient cultures have carvings of dinosaurs? Why do so many cultures agree with what Dragons look like? Was God a liar when he described dinosaurs as currently living creatures in the book of Job? Last mission trip I went on, I even saw something that might be explained that way

Of course you did.  And you have pics to share with the rest of the class, right Timmy?

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#20]

I wont spoil it but OMG it was awesome!

2 words:

DINOSAUR FIGHTS!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
When I upgrade, I intend to donate my old lathe to some dirt-age tribe living in a swamp 1500 miles from the nearest electricity. I'm sure it will improve their lives immensely.
Cpt. Redleg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:Look up the Jba Fofi - a 5 foot spider that exists in the Congo... Africa is bigger than you think, consider before you discount the existence of things... Dr Hovind has said after most of his speeches someone from the audience has come forward having seen something for instance giant " dinosaurs" can be seen in the water from high bridges occasionally. Why do ancient cultures have carvings of dinosaurs? Why do so many cultures agree with what Dragons look like? Was God a liar when he described dinosaurs as currently living creatures in the book of Job? Last mission trip I went on, I even saw something that might be explained that way

Did you make macaroni art during your last mission trip? Did the priest check your biscuits?

Have you ever left the continental US let alone taken the word of God + medicine and salt and tools to a remote village?

When I upgrade, I intend to donate my old lathe to some dirt-age tribe living in a swamp 1500 miles from the nearest electricity. I'm sure it will improve their lives immensely.
Cpt. Redleg

They could always use it to spit-roast an Entelodon...

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It was alright. The first half and middle are pretty decent but that T-Rex and Velocirapter tag team at the end was.....gay. That's the the only way I can describe it right now. It was pretty gay.
View Quote

So there was dinophilia?

That's going to ruin it for me.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Gays are the good guys?

You are ruining the ARFCOM narrative here...

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it ok for my 10yo son. I said I would take hime next week.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Saw it in IMAX 3d.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#26]
saw it last night with my daughter, wife and son. I thought it was good.....Wardawg
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone brought their kid at 9pm?!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can't find the spoiler button
View Quote

{spoiler}  {/spoiler}

use the [ ] instead of { }
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Saw it last night, it was good entertainment nothing more. Still liked the first one the best. The best part of this one it had more dinosaur on dinosaur/human death.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#30]
So the body count is as good, er...I mean as bad as the trailers imply?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So the body count is as good, er...I mean as bad as the trailers imply?
View Quote

It's pretty good, i think the park might loose a few billion in wrongful death lawsuits.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen kids in hard rated "R" movies showing at midnight.
People suck. That's why it is a rare occasion when I go to a theatre.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I went yesterday afternoon. I liked it.

I also knew everything would be okay when I saw Starlord.

Packed house at the 4:00 matinee. Ended up with a couple of early/mid-60s ladies next to me. They had a great laugh the whole time as aunt Claire wore her spike heels the entire movie. And when the hero pulled the girl in for a kiss. And the geek got shot down when he tried it.

Quoted:
Saw it in IMAX 3d.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I lost count/track too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Waiting for it to start now! I am a nerd so I am pumped.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Maybe a little scary for a kid that young. Get it on DVD when it comes out, and fast forward through the parts of people getting eaten.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Our oldest is 4 and a half.....is the movie appropriate for his age group?  He loves Dinos!!!

WTF, Dawn!!!  Use the spoiler tags!

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 2.9 year old was with us, she hugged my wifes arm a lot but now when you say dinosaur she growls.  2 nights and no nightmares, i think it went ok.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am probably the only person in the civilized world that has never seen any of the Jurassic Park movies.

Read the books, does that count?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still bitter about The Lost World.

Ha, me too. Never saw Jurassic Park 3 either.

I am probably the only person in the civilized world that has never seen any of the Jurassic Park movies.

Read the books, does that count?

No, because TLW was an excellent book but an abortion of a movie.

JP was an excellent book and excellent movie, even if the movie was not 100% true to the book.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Meh.

Click To View Spoiler

I considered the movie entertaining.  But it did not meet my expectations.  But hey, movies never seem to.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#39]
" your boyfriend is a badass"

Best line in the movie

The wife and I loved it. It was the Jurassic Park that I've wanted since I was 8. Some of you guys need to relax, it's a movie about dinosaurs chasing people, not a goddamn documentary.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Meh.

Click To View Spoiler

I considered the movie entertaining.  But it did not meet my expectations.  But hey, movies never seem to.
View Quote

I'll counter with........ It's a goddamn movie.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Meh.

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Saw it. Pretty damn good. Got an ACU (Asset Containment Unit) patch:

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just got back from it!

Click To View Spoiler

I wanted my fucking money back after that!

Pissed me off! I stood up and screamed NO!!!
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I know!!!

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Saw it. Pretty damn good. Got an ACU (Asset Containment Unit) patch:

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/Half-Bear/2nd/45B16F75-3FDD-4B2C-9DCD-944F8132DE1A_zpsjbrsb15y.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Saw it last night. Did not enjoy it. Way to much cgi. Nothing felt real about it. When people died, it didn't feel real. The raptors and trex didn't feel real. Think of when Newman(sienfeld) died in the first one, it just had a real feel to it. There were no parts of it that had you on the edge of your seat like in the first one when they are trapped in the jeeps hoping trex doesn't notice them or the raptor kitchen scene. Those were extremely suspenseful. This just tried to throw a bunch of action in your face with a shit ton of cgi. So disappointing. And the ending fight scene in this was just laughably stupid
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Saw it last night. Did not enjoy it. Way to much cgi. Nothing felt real about it. When people died, it didn't feel real. The raptors and trex didn't feel real. Think of when Newman(sienfeld) died in the first one, it just had a real feel to it. There were no parts of it that had you on the edge of your seat like in the first one when they are trapped in the jeeps hoping trex doesn't notice them or the raptor kitchen scene. Those were extremely suspenseful. This just tried to throw a bunch of action in your face with a shit ton of cgi. So disappointing. And the ending fight scene in this was just laughably stupid
View Quote

Yep completely agree. The original one from 1992 was on TV last night. Has a totally different feel to it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#47]
On the first page, there is a link to why CGI sucks in current movies, even though it has progressed to the point that we cannot tell the difference.
The main reason that is claimed, is that the events defy physics, and perception.

In the velociraptor chase scene, you are flying through the forest, chasing them alike a wingman, passing through bushes and obstacles. That type of thing actually removes the believability of the scene, because we don't see thing like that.  this was my complaint starting with the first Transformers movie.... the camera work makes it like a rollercoaster ride, only worse. Speaking of Transformers, in the article, they mention that in the first movie, it takes Optimus 20 seconds to fully transform.... by the last movie it was down to 5 seconds. For us to believe that a giant robot can change from robot to truck, there needs to be some semblance of honesty.... while we can overlook the fact that robots and vehicles don't transform, it is too much to ask that we also o along with the fact that they can move at the speed of a hummingbird.  They are giants.

The same theory works with dinosaurs; we want to believe they can be genetically cloned and brought back from extinction.  Don't make us take a further leap of faith and ask us to believe that the giant water animal can jump 200 feet in the air to eat a shark, or that the T-Rex can run and maneuver like a dirt bike.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Going to see it in a couple of hours.

It has a chance of unseating Avengers as the biggest opening weekend of all time. Latest tracking has it at 204 million to Avengers 207 million.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

On the first page, there is a link to why CGI sucks in current movies, even though it has progressed to the point that we cannot tell the difference.The main reason that is claimed, is that the events defy physics, and perception.

In the velociraptor chase scene, you are flying through the forest, chasing them alike a wingman, passing through bushes and obstacles. That type of thing actually removes the believability of the scene, because we don't see thing like that.  this was my complaint starting with the first Transformers movie.... the camera work makes it like a rollercoaster ride, only worse. Speaking of Transformers, in the article, they mention that in the first movie, it takes Optimus 20 seconds to fully transform.... by the last movie it was down to 5 seconds. For us to believe that a giant robot can change from robot to truck, there needs to be some semblance of honesty.... while we can overlook the fact that robots and vehicles don't transform, it is too much to ask that we also o along with the fact that they can move at the speed of a hummingbird.  They are giants.

The same theory works with dinosaurs; we want to believe they can be genetically cloned and brought back from extinction.  Don't make us take a further leap of faith and ask us to believe that the giant water animal can jump 200 feet in the air to eat a shark, or that the T-Rex can run and maneuver like a dirt bike.

View Quote
I'm not too concerned about believability when I'm watching alien robots or Chris Pratt leading a pack of velociraptors.

The problem is that CGI is still very much a developing technology. Some people utilize it very well, and some people suck at it. Just look at the difference between something like Foodfight! and Toy Story

I'm willing to suspend disbelief and think that maybe robots from somewhere else in the galaxy have the ability to move like humans, even though they should have much higher mass (technology/twisted physics ftw). What I will complain about are lazy artists and animators who take the easy way out and give us crappy models and unrealistic movement for supposedly realistic characters.

POV doesn't bother me much. There are plenty of video games that give a tremendous sense of immersion from views that humans would likely never see.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'll counter with........ It's a goddamn movie.

View Quote

And I'll counter with... this is a discussion forum.

And of course:

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top