[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Damn!!! I like that!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I heart tomahawk threads
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 1:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Legos are fun! I need to get a sheath for the big boy. That pipe hawk head on the 30" handle is the best fit I've ever seen. I take a file to the eye on my hawk heads and I almost have to beat on it to get it off.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Working on new scales for my Toor F13. I think the texture turned out better than I’ve ever achieved.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#5]
A buddy is in town and staying in our guest bedroom, and the first thing he noticed walking in the door was the Sayoc Kali look-alike Winkler tomahawk on display on the coat rack shelf. Later we were discussing tomahawk carry, and he mentioned a company I never heard of that makes a VERY expensive CCW tomahawk, Achterknives PDA (Personal Defense Axe). I believe he stated he first heard about them via a Jack Carr podcast. The same guy out of Ukraine who makes the Sayoc Kali look-alike also makes a look-alike of the PDA as well.

Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:33:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JaredGrey] [#6]
Originally Posted By Blackwind:
A buddy is in town and staying in our guest bedroom, and the first thing he noticed walking in the door was the Sayoc Kali look-alike Winkler tomahawk on display on the coat rack shelf. Later we were discussing tomahawk carry, and he mentioned a company I never heard of that makes a VERY expensive CCW tomahawk, Achterknives PDA (Personal Defense Axe). I believe he stated he first heard about them via a Jack Carr podcast. The same guy out of Ukraine who makes the Sayoc Kali look-alike also makes a look-alike of the PDA as well.

View Quote

@Blackwind
Any chance I could get a link to the PDA clone? I didn’t find it in Ancient Smithy’s site.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:42:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackwind] [#7]
Originally Posted By JaredGrey:

@Blackwind
Any chance I could get a link to the PDA clone? I didn't find it in Ancient Smithy's site.

Thank you!
View Quote
I'll shoot you a link.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Finished up the scales for my Toor F13.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]

This one actually is an EDC tomahawk. It goes with me everywhere my backpack does, which is everywhere.

The Vandrer Ironside gets some time every week in the backpack too.

What do y’all think about a tomahawk display on a living room wall? Tastefully done of course, I’m thinking some Half Face Blades racked on the wall above the couch. My wife says it would look like a frat house. I said frat houses collect Everclear bottles not thousand dollar axes. She was not dissuaded by my facts and logic.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
https://i.imgur.com/4zJnIzS.jpg

This one actually is an EDC tomahawk. It goes with me everywhere my backpack does, which is everywhere.

What do y’all think about a tomahawk display on a living room wall? Tastefully done of course, I’m thinking some Half Face Blades racked on the wall above the couch. My wife says it would look like a frat house. I said frat houses collect Everclear bottles not thousand dollar axes. She was not dissuaded by my facts and logic.
View Quote

What's the 1911 in the pic above?

I told my wife when we got together that the house was hers to decorate as long as I have a room for guns, loading, hunting, skulls, military awards, etc.

I'd say hawks in my living room would look shitty even though 80% of the decorations are pics of us hiking or of animals.

It's the mans job to provide the home. The women's job to keep it. Imo
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I told my wife when we got together that the house was hers to decorate as long as I have a room for guns, loading, hunting, skulls, military awards, etc.

I'd say hawks in my living room would look shitty even though 80% of the decorations are pics of us hiking or of animals.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That’s a Walther PDP, the striker fired pistol the Glock wishes it could be.

I’d agree with you if they were cheap hawks. But Andrew Arrabito makes very functional art pieces that cost a lot of money. If my wife can display all her Russian ornaments all over the main living space, I think I should at least get one or three artistically crafted yet still perfectly serviceable tomahawks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Jared, how big is that thing? How's the balance? I've messed around with shorter handles on a CS Trail Hawk head but found 14" to handle the best there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#13]

I’d agree with you if they were cheap hawks. But Andrew Arrabito makes very functional art pieces that cost a lot of money. If my wife can display all her Russian ornaments all over the main living space, I think I should at least get one or three artistically crafted yet still perfectly serviceable tomahawks.
View All Quotes

No, the pic above that.

You and your wife can hash it out then. I happy with her keeping the house. I have my man cave
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#14]

No, the pic above that.

You and your wife can hash it out then. I happy with her keeping the house. I have my man cave
View All Quotes

No, the pic above that.

The 1911 above is one I built myself. Mostly Wilson Combat parts inside.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:
Jared, how big is that thing? How's the balance? I've messed around with shorter handles on a CS Trail Hawk head but found 14" to handle the best there.
View Quote

The Toor F13 is 9in long I think. It feels short, but fits the hands well. It’s size makes it feel like a Bowie knife that you hammer strike with.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Cops called my work and said that someone we helped get arrested got out recently is part of a very large drug gang, and not only are they upset, but the gang is upset. Cops are working with the feds to build a case on recently released.

Gangbanger started doing recon on my place of work and the employees the day after they got out.

Boss told me to start coming to work very well armed.

First aid kit (of which the pictured supplies are just a small part of) is now going with my everywhere, and the Spyderco ‘hawk sits on the sales counter and I use it as a conversation piece to talk about Spyderco knives. AR is either in my cars trunk or just behind the office door off the sales floor.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#17]
It’ll probably get a photoshoot with a new bottle of bourbon tomorrow, but I was so pleased with how my Spyderco Warriorhawk turned out, I had to start taking pictures.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Got this last week Knife Center had them on clearance.

I do not like the handle.

It is a aluminum core with a plastic over mold.

Trying to figure out how to hang it on a hickory handle.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 2:00:05 AM EDT
[#19]
This one is currently on a markdown at Amazon.

Amazon Product
  • 12.5 INCH STAINLESS STEEL AXE HEAD: The Voodoo Hawk mini tactical axe is a chopping axe, camping axe, backpacking axe and hunting hatchet with a 2.75 inch satin-polished stainless steel blade

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Its nearly hawk carrying season
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By chase45:
Its nearly hawk carrying season
View Quote

It’s always hawk carrying season. If I have my backpack (which I do, everywhere) there’s a tomahawk in it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Username and pic fit.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 3:50:47 AM EDT
[#23]
My son's Infantry BOLC graduation present finally arrived! Just a few months late

As well balanced as the Winkler is, Winged Wearables makes some lighting fast hawks! It's hard to really see the curved spike, which contours very well to carrying concealed...yes, a CCW hawk!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 4:48:31 AM EDT
[#24]

@DarkStar
Do you have a link for this axe, or at least a brand name? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 6:34:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skopsko07734] [#25]
Originally Posted By Gage:

@DarkStar
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gage:

@DarkStar
@Gage

It is a Browning Shock N' Awe Tomahawk.

I bought one in Desert Tan from Amazon in 2017 for $62 and did not like it as much as I thought I would; it looks great but it feels like it needs to be about 2/3rds larger.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#26]
These are a few of my favorite things.

The WarriorHawk finally got its photoshoot. With root beer.

Link Posted: 10/6/2023 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Gthirteen:
Damn, y'all some tomahawk-loving MFers in here.

View Quote

FUCK YEAH!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:
Have a sog Vietnam type with fiberglass handle

Saw this thing. Looks impractically awesome

https://i.etsystatic.com/14895691/r/il/f7e758/1895222163/il_794xN.1895222163_5hcj.jpg
View Quote

Is this the Vietnam model??? I'd definitely go hand to hand with Charlie using that...
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
seems like a thread that people will be able to help me... can someone knowledgeable in sharps explain what this is? I got it from an old neighbor who was moving, he collected pilot emergency kits. From what I can gather this is a vietnam era survival hatchet/machete thing. I was going to use it as a truck blade but have heard that it may be rare and should go to a collector instead of my 5 year old to chop shit while we're camping.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6401_jpg-1709582.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_6400_jpg-1709583.JPG
View Quote

I'd go hand to hand with the vc or nva with that too
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:19:14 PM EDT
[#31]
https://i.imgur.com/UZd5Qx5.jpg

Cops called my work and said that someone we helped get arrested got out recently is part of a very large drug gang, and not only are they upset, but the gang is upset. Cops are working with the feds to build a case on recently released.

Gangbanger started doing recon on my place of work and the employees the day after they got out.

Boss told me to start coming to work very well armed.

First aid kit (of which the pictured supplies are just a small part of) is now going with my everywhere, and the Spyderco ‘hawk sits on the sales counter and I use it as a conversation piece to talk about Spyderco knives. AR is either in my cars trunk or just behind the office door off the sales floor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2023 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#32]
@ROCK6

How is that bronze holding up....

and if you had to pick one would you go with his steel or a the bronze one?
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By BURN:

View Quote

@BURN, the bronze is hardened pretty well, I've struck mostly wood and cardboard, but it's pretty damn impressive.

The steel hawk is more practical beyond a weapon (not by much), but the silicone-bronze Empress is a pure weapon. The biggest advantage to the Empress is that it's extremely weather rust resistant; perfect for around salt water, marshes, etc. It would be a tough choice, but as a pure weapon, it would be the Empress easily.

ROCK6

Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

@BURN, the bronze is hardened pretty well, I've struck mostly wood and cardboard, but it's pretty damn impressive.

The steel hawk is more practical beyond a weapon (not by much), but the silicone-bronze Empress is a pure weapon. The biggest advantage to the Empress is that it's extremely weather rust resistant; perfect for around salt water, marshes, etc. It would be a tough choice, but as a pure weapon, it would be the Empress easily.

ROCK6

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
Originally Posted By BURN:

ROCK6

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Celebrating Dead CheDay with a rum n coke.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Cool thread and even cooler pics.
But seriously, do you guys really CCW tomahawks?
Not hating, because I believe in freedom, just wondering how.
My G19, knife, and keys is a bit much to carry. Couldn’t imagine throwing an axe in the mix
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Cajun_Redneck:
My G19, knife, and keys is a bit much to carry. Couldn’t imagine throwing an axe in the mix
View Quote

On body, no. I carry a full size pistol, reload, folding knife, fixed blade knife, and pen.

My backpack goes everywhere I do, and I always have a tomahawk in it.

A lot of single stick Eskrima and Kali translates very nicely into tomahawk fighting. Been having fun with that for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#39]

On body, no. I carry a full size pistol, reload, folding knife, fixed blade knife, and pen.

A lot of single stick Eskrima and Kali translates very nicely into tomahawk fighting. Been having fun with that for a while now.
View All Quotes

Thanks
Completely understand. I’ve been known to keep an Junglas and silky in my backpack(I work in an office lmao) . Now I feel I may need to incorporate a tomahawk lol
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#40]
These are a few of my favorite things.

https://i.ibb.co/mFPKf17/IMG-4508.jpg

The WarriorHawk finally got its photoshoot. With root beer.

https://i.ibb.co/pwTFMhP/IMG-4515.jpg
View Quote

How do you like that knife? Ive wanted one of those ever since seeing it on instagram.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#41]
The Duclaw is literally my favorite fixed blade.

You can do small knife things with a big knife, but you can’t do big knife things with a small knife. The fact that it’s a big chonky wharncliffe even if the proportions are whack just adds to the romance.

You should buy one now. They’re going away soon. I’ve got two more arriving on Thursday.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#43]
You guys with your useless tomahawks...you finally wore my resistance down and I bought this:

I also bought these and have started building a target from a pallet and 2x6's for a bit of hatchet throwing family fun:

Lastly I have had one of these aircraft crash axes for about 25 years which based on the SN was carried on either a B-24 or B-25 during WWII:

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File
Workout buddies
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#45]
A better view of my Spyderco Warrior Hawk with its new scales.

And two new hefty Skallywag blades.

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:03:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#46]
View Quote

Throwing? Only for fun or competition. It's kind of like throwing your loaded Glock at a threat...not a solid defensive strategy.

Most are carried in shoulder/EDC bag, sitting in a small get home bag, or bugout bag, etc. HOWEVER, the Winged Wearables' creator Zach did create a very viable carry system for his fighting hawks and believe me, it's incredibly functional as IWB CCW carry (he's kind of a goober, but he's a good dude and fighting tomahawk genius):

The Upgraded Backripper Tomahawk Carry System!

Tips for Wearing and Conceal Carrying Tomahawks - especially the Backripper and Empress Tomahawks

I did several experiments CCW carrying my Empress and I'm a believer. Now, is it something I would EDC all the time? No. I mostly do it for social experimentation as it's pretty funny that a tomahawk stuffed down your pant leg (or with shorts) goes completely unnoticed. Additionally, the carry location is at the 4-5 O'clock position (typical IWB location) and it's pretty comfortable and after a while unnoticeable even when seated/driving. If you carry your CCW in the AIWB position, you can rock one of his tomahawks if you see the need along with your AIWB CCW.

I find Zach's stuff uniquely functional and quite innovative.  

For most of us, it's attacking cardboard boxes or designed targets for practice and fun. For a few, they make a good breaching tool in the assault pack. For the extremely small niche, it's a hobby of integrating a fucking tomahawk into your EDC just because you can.

CCW a tomahawk? On occasion

ROCK6
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#47]

There are always doubters in the fine art of carrying a tomahawk

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 40xb:

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 7:05:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#48]
Originally Posted By Taom:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Taom:
Originally Posted By 40xb:

It's our appropriated birth right to carry a tomahawk and our obligation to honor our country's Native American history!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#49]

" />

Link Posted: 10/21/2023 2:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#50]
A few new additions:

Attachment Attached File

I used the tiny Toor F13 Tommy this morning cutting down some saplings and branches for the burn pit. Handy little guy. I'm actually impressed by the Gerber, that's a very effective feeling breaching tool. The VTAC Model #2 is a little more versatile as a woods cutting tool.

ROCK6
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top