BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:18:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get whichever is cheaper.  You can remove it if you don't like it.
View Quote

That’s what I did.  Didn’t want the safety, but only the safety version was in stock (on sale).  Bought a safety version, took it off (takes 30 seconds), and put on a Wilson combat grip so I didn’t have a hole.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a manual safety on my P365X.
Just have to practice sweeping the thumb.
I don't see why people get all upset over it.
View Quote

Because its a personal preference, and if someone prefers something different than the other guy, it's clearly wrong.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I will always be weary of handguns without the trigger inertia safety after the p320. Sig wanted to distinguish themselves, and they fucked up. Maybe they are good now, but no thanks.

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Get what you like.  Either will be fine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a manual safety p365. You can get a different grip and just get rid of it if you later decide you don't want it.

The lack of a Glock style trigger safety, Sig's what the fuck ever attitude and stupid carry with small guns like this, like shoving it in a pocket, convinced me to get the safety version. It's easy to convert later
View Quote

Exactly.. also it’s cheaper to remove the safety than adding it .
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I would not buy one with a safety.
I would not carry one with a safety if it was given to me; I'd be concerned the unnecessary safety might get inadvertently engaged. (Screw that)
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can not use the safety you have.  But you can't use the safety you don't.

Bought one on sale and it has the safety.  Can't complain about having the option to use it.  Not like it gets in the way of something.
View Quote

This makes about as much sense as having a "carry rotation" of different guns.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The manual safety is completely unnecessary if you understand how modern pistols function and you use a proper holster.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the safety, it keeps with my other (and previous carry) guns and the muscle memory is already there.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Am I in before someone tells you dont need a manual safety?

er.. nope.
View Quote

It’s true though. You don’t.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I in before someone tells you dont need a manual safety?

er.. nope.

Need’s a strong term.

Prefer? That’s not bad. If you came up on 1911s and 1911 style guns and have a lot of rounds through them, and would prefer the option, that’s what I think most of us saying it’s a “nice to have” mean.

In my case I’ll accept that some people might call the thumb safety a “woobie” and that’s OK. I call it that myself. I have guns without thumb safeties and carry them often… I just like the woobie.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Manual safeties are good if you're not confident in your firearms handling abilities or scared of your own weapon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Manual safety on striker fired gun = BigDumb.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Manual safeties are good if you're not confident in your firearms handling abilities or scared of your own weapon.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#15]
If it had a more useable safety I would like one, I know i'm a bitch but I do like some kind positive safety for multiple re holstering repetitions. I have SCD for the glocks I carry and wish something like that existed for other guns.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Both my P365 and P365XL have safeties as do all my handguns.

I'll gladly take the split second safety engagement time for not having to worry about blowing my pecker off.

As a firearms instructor and range officer for over four decades I have seen all kinds of dumbass things with firearms including ADs.  Even from experienced shooters who say stupid shit like "my finger is my safety".

My experience is that many people who think they are disciplined with firearms really aren't.

However, to each their own.  It is their funeral.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t for edc if I’m not used to it but don’t mind a safety if it’s mainly a woods, hiking, outdoors, hunting gun.
View Quote

This is where my head is. Carrying a gun in the woods or for shooting sports where the gun is being handled out in the open I use safeties. For EDC the gun is holstered until I intend to use it. I don't want to have do something that I might forget to disengage and I wind up dead.

That being said if you practice with it or are one that just grew up shooting that way and it is second nature then by al means opt for the extra safety when offered. I don't view this decision as being right or wrong, just preference.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Safetys are for pussies. Guns are only carried in holsters. No one throws one in their pocket on the way out the door for a quick errand, or throws their gun in a cup holder in their vehicle. And only dumbasses have ever shot themselves drawing or reholstering. That shit never happens to people who are trained.

They take so long to disengage they will get you killed and you cant ever just carry with the safety off even if you wanted to since that is illegal in every state.

Never buy a gun with a safety unless you have a vagina.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The holster is the manual safety
View Quote

Exactly.

They are perfectly safe from the trigger being pulled while sitting in the holster.

ETA:  No safety, sitting in the holster, trigger not being pulled, perfectly safe.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
All guns should have frame mounted manual safeties, it's the biggest thing wrong with Glocks that both Sig and S&W did right in their striker fired guns.

If a manual safety is an option its the only way to buy the gun IMO.
View Quote

Why.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#21]
No safety here. Does any reputable gun group Advocates for manual safeties?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The safety on the 365 is metal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
my GF's 365 has a thumb safety.  mine doesn't.  i don't feel any less safe that there isn't a cheaply made and engineered plastic tab on mine.  and she acknowledges that if she had it to do again, she wouldn't have purchased the safety version.
The safety on the 365 is metal.

if so, they figured out how to make a metal that feels exactly like plastic.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I don’t need a safety lol.

Shot In The Groin: Into the Fray Episode 227
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I added a safety to mine. Sometimes I'll throw it in a pocket without a holster (despite what another member said above ), and I like the safety for those occasions. It doesn't have a trigger safety like Glock and others, so I like having the additional safety. If I am carrying in a holster, safety is off.

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#26]
With a proper holster it’s safe so that is a “safety” in itself, no need for a manual one. Guns don’t just “go off” and all this noise regarding SIG’s is BS just like it was with Glocks back in the day. A proper holster made for that gun is what you need, this is why I prefer Kydex over leather and obviously fabric ones.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#27]
To any of those who took it off I will pay shipping for your parts.

Or @sirensong

If she has a standard grip module we can swap her grip and safety parts for my none safety grip.

Quoted:
and she acknowledges that if she had it to do again, she wouldn't have purchased the safety version.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought one with the safety and have no regrets.  The way they did the safety was right in my opinion and I draw the pistol with my thumb on it naturally ready to push it down.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Safetys are for pussies. Guns are only carried in holsters. No one throws one in their pocket on the way out the door for a quick errand, or throws their gun in a cup holder in their vehicle. And only dumbasses have ever shot themselves drawing or reholstering. That shit never happens to people who are trained.

They take so long to disengage they will get you killed and you cant ever just carry with the safety off even if you wanted to since that is illegal in every state.

View Quote
People that do this are absolutely dumbasses. That's not how you treat a firearm, and a safety is no replacement for carelessness.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Or @sirensong

If she has a standard grip module we can swap her grip and safety parts for my none safety grip.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or @sirensong

Quoted:
and she acknowledges that if she had it to do again, she wouldn't have purchased the safety version.

i'll ask her.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think you must be that "Only I am professional enough" guy. You must be trolling...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top