BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was told here in GD that if I did that the paracord would break almost immediately and I would die. And that I obviously never shot or trained.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do the Israeli/IDF paracord sling thing, If my sling attachment point breaks I always have more paracord in my bag to tie it off again and make another. I gutted the paracord first and hit the knot with a lighter quickly so it won't come undone.

I was told here in GD that if I did that the paracord would break almost immediately and I would die. And that I obviously never shot or trained.

I've had literally zero issues in 4 years now with many range trips, and using it for rifle dry fire practice, and practicing pistol transitions at the house.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Depends on the purpose of the "go to" rifle.  You just have one? hmmm...
View Quote

Power goes out and your neighborhood catches on fire like in Colorado recently. You can grab one rifle and leave, and never come back.

That rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
QD front, QD/threaded rear
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Partial to the HK snap hooks

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
2 Point Vickers Sling with QD makes me moist.
View Quote

You're preaching my sermon.  Easy to take off when you don't want to deal with one, easy to adjust.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No sling on my direct go to HD rifle. I do not imagine a point where I would need a sling. It does have a QD that I can put on it that I have trained with. I just choose to keep it off. If I needed to do patrolling I could put it on as that’s the only time I would really want it.
View Quote

You need a better imagination.

??
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For hunting I use slings. For home defense I do not. I don't want any chance of a sling getting hung up on anything. How they attach is not really important.
View Quote

I agree with this.  However, the HD gun should have QD attachment points.

IDK if they still make them, but I have Mountain Stalker slings on several of my hunting rifles (bolt guns).  Muzzle up front carry is my go-to, but they can be re-arranged into several different carry modes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]
HK clip all the things.

I am actually expecting some "mash clips" from BFG tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What the fuck type of QDs are you guys using????

I have done stuff with guns with QDs nearly every day of my adult life.

I have never oiled my QDs. (Or even heard of it)

I have never had a QD fail.

I have never had QDs that make any sound.

This is one of those threads that feels like I live in an alternate dimension and slipped over somehow.
View Quote

No Kidding, I've used QD's on all  my AR's, never had an issue.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You should watch the Rittenhouse videos
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#11]
This is why I run 4 or 5 slings on all my rigs.

a couple of 2 points, a couple 1 point, a mixture of QD and threaded.

really gives me options in the field.

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:05:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
You need to add a three point, or you'll die
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I only use a canvas SKS sling zip-tied to factory OEM M16 sling swivels or tied through the slot of the old Commando style-stock.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#15]
QD on them all so that slings can come off easily when they go into the safe.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am sold on quick release single point slings on all my rifles. I will never go back. I like the hands free carry and quick release for cleaning.
View Quote

And getting smacked in the nuts any time you have to let it hang to do something?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#17]
2 point sling with qd mounts. I like the magpul sling.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#19]
rear direct to stock

front HK loops or paracord.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I watched the Garand Thumb vid, and thought his comment was ridiculous.

Not a day later-  a qd on my rifle squeaked and spooked a deer.

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I’ve used direct mount, MS3 with Paraclips, HK hooks and QD. A BFG sling with QD’s has become my preferred sling configuration.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.718840688.0143/st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u5.jpg
I've had literally zero issues in 4 years now with many range trips, and using it for rifle dry fire practice, and practicing pistol transitions at the house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do the Israeli/IDF paracord sling thing, If my sling attachment point breaks I always have more paracord in my bag to tie it off again and make another. I gutted the paracord first and hit the knot with a lighter quickly so it won't come undone.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.718840688.0143/st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u5.jpg

Me too for at least that long. But, you know...GD.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#23]
I have both! QD up front and threaded through in the rear on my KP15. I'm not sure if I trust a QD mount in polymer and my Vickers slings don't have enough at the end to thread through the cutout. I don't have any decent pictures handy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#25]
feel free to send me all your QD shit if you don't want it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’ll also add……for all the slings I’ve used (and let me tell you young whipper-snappers something, I’ve used a LOT!) from the USGI standard, to the advent of the Chalker sling (that fucker was a bitch to weave into your vest/web gear), to the “three point” new hotness from the company I can’t remember  , to the single point “wilderness”, to the single point bungee, to all the fucking slings I’ve used …..

Nothing is as good as the Magpul MS4 sling.  The only thing close was the old Korea war era USGI sling that I learned to modify in a Sniper school in the 90’s.  Magpul took it to another level with the ability to make that sling go from “single point” to “two point” to “quick cuff” for standing/kneeling unsupported”…hands down best sling ever.  

Oh yeah,….it has QD.
View Quote

I'm also a fan of the Magpul MS4. I like the ability to switch from from 2-point to 1-point in an instant, and I occasionally do so during training or ops. One of the downsides to the Magpul slings is they glow in the dark under IR light with night vision - but that's obviously not a concern or issue for most folks.

The BFG Vickers sling is another good one. I've been looking at the Haley Strategic D3 slings for $30 - I may give that one a try soon for some non-QD applications.

The main things to look for in a sling:

1. Does it hold the long gun securely?
2. Is it long/loose enough to allow you to place the long gun into any carry or ready position without hindering your ability to do so?
3. Can it be easily tightened or adjusted to keep the long gun tight to your body when necessary?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#27]
All the videos I saw of Rittenhouse were of him moving on the street. You could call it patrolling. Also quite similar to hunting. I would use a sling there. Home defense. AKA clearing the INSIDE of your house presents obstacles rarely found on the street. Things like door knobs, furniture, etc. Nor would it take me more than a minute at most to go through my entire house. Yeah, I am a poor.
If anyone has a video of Rittenhouse carrying a rifle inside a house I would love to see it.
Anyway, do whatever you want. Not my monkeys, not my circus.
Oh, I do think Rittenhouse did fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]

I use these, direct attachment/qd all in one...
Edited for: stupid autocorrect.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#29]

These guns have had QD's for many years of faithful service without so much as a hiccup.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#30]
New BFG "mash clips" to try out vs HK clips

Attachment Attached File

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top