Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
FAL with a stripper clip guide and modified mag lock. All removable for go time or for out of state use.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Red Ryder
View Quote
That would be my guess, as long as you are over 21 years old and are supervised by a parent to guardian.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]

There's something kinda wrong, but still so right about these.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have three .223 AR-15s on top, a couple of .308's next, and then my FAL, M1A, and Garand in my gun safe. Seems enough.

I didn't buy any of the drum magazines but bought a few hundred standard 20 and 30 round magazines.

The number of civilian shootings that require more than but a couple of rounds of rifle fire into a person's chest is pretty small.

(below) The range officer inspecting my rifle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202/DJI_0261_smaller-785618.jpg
View Quote
Didn’t you have a sweet Xterra?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's a 50
View Quote
Nope it’s just under, it’s why we can own it.

When asked for best California rifle, well, that’s it.

Unless the hunters chime in with 7mm Rem Magnum.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in Jefferson, you can have whatever the fuck you want up here
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nope it's just under, it's why we can own it.

When asked for best California rifle, well, that's it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a 50
Nope it's just under, it's why we can own it.

When asked for best California rifle, well, that's it.

It's just .50 BMG that's banned, you can shoot .510 DTC to your hearts content if slinging half inch wide lead is what you crave.
In fact, here in California, rifles without a sporting exemption up to .60 cal/15.24mm can be owned without needing a DD stamp.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it is, the PMR30 is probably the baddest assed rifle they can buy.

Frankly, you could do worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought semi auto rimfire mag fed was okay?
If it is, the PMR30 is probably the baddest assed rifle they can buy.

Frankly, you could do worse.
I'd love this in a 17hmr now that would be bad
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The best one is a stolen one?

J/K

This is the best Rifle you can buy without restriction

Just don't put an incandescent bulb in it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Can’t you just get an AR-15 California compliant conversion kit for the AR of your choice?

If not then perhaps a Marlin 336 dark series so you still have an ominous black rifle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:55:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Remington 7615
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a featureless AR15.

Featureless Hand grip feels just like a wood stock.

Pinned adj. stock to your most common position and a non flash hider. I have a dummy a2 birdcage.

No ports on it and it protects the muzzle.

I’d prefer a standard grip but there are worse things.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
M1a

mini 14 and your 10 rd mags....

of course Nevada and Az sell TONS of 30 rds mags that wiggle across the border for just in case
and you can shoot your rifle in public with out range masters calling the CaliRedCoats..
You’re behind the times.

We standard cap mag now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/367483/8BC90853-DBF2-457F-B0C7-7DCFA0422E6F-935110.jpg
Yup.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Ones that don't look like an abortion:
5.56: SCR

7.62x39: unconverted Saiga (this one just looks cool)

.308: M1A

If you're good with fin grips:
5.56: just any ol AR
7.62x39: VZ.58
.308: AR-10

Just IMO, helped a buddy behind enemy lines build a few different creations
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#15]
The Saiga AK above looks pretty awkward to me, but for quite a while the Saiga's like that were available with a well integrated factory sporter stock. They were inexpensive years ago, and you could convert them to a pistol grip AK configuration with some modest work. A buddy of mine had one in 7.62x39, and it actually handled pretty well.

But it did get me thinking that for those areas that make the pistol grip a banned feature, the sporter stock style Saigas or Vepr rifles would be a good way to have a tough rifle in a configuration that makes them more available to those behind the lines. Like the Ares SCR does for the AR, the Saiga sporter adapts the action of the AK to a sporter stock.

I don't think the Saigas are imported any longer, but if you can convert one into a pistol grip AK, I imagine you could also modify a typical AK to have the Saiga sporter stock, and then Californians and New Yorkers could buy them by the thousands. Palmetto could make a version of their AK for our California brothers that are wrongly deprived of Kalashnikov goodness!

ETA: the Saiga above with the magpul stock might grow on me. If a stock like that was made from the factory to fit the AK action, I think you'd have a good California rifle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I vote SCR.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FAL with a stripper clip guide and modified mag lock. All removable for go time or for out of state use.
View Quote
It's not the most ideal choice ( a featureless gun that is not unwieldy due to fins or weird grip placement and uses detachable mags would be better), but it definitely is a viable option.  I can convert mine to standard configuration in under a minute if I had to do so.  The only unfortunate thing is that IME the chargers are only good for a couple of uses before they lose enough material that they are able to slide through the charger guide wth the ammunition (the guides on the stamped covers seem to have somewhat loose tolerances compared to guides on other rifles).  But alas, they were meant to be disposable, one-time-use items.  People want stupid money for NATO chargers these days.

Mine below.  Has a FALMR plus a modified trigger guard and magazine designed to be part of the FALMR system to ensure that the action must be disassembled to remove the magazine.  Trigger guard can't be removed without disassembly of the lower, and magazine blocks removal of the magazine catch pivot screw, preventing removal of the magazine by backing out the screw (which is still possible with just the plain FALMR).

I'm slowly, as finances permit, acquiring the parts or saving funds for gumsmithing to do a BM-59 build in the style of the old Golden State rewelds below (trying to do all PB parts, though) and also a featureless AR using a linear compensator, stock stop, and Sparrowhark Dynamics featureless grip.  Thanks to the generosity of members here, I'll have hi-cap mags for them.

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I belive this is or was.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's not the most ideal choice ( a featureless gun that is not unwieldy due to fins or weird grip placement and uses detachable mags would be better), but it definitely is a viable option.  I can convert mine to standard configuration in under a minute if I had to do so.  The only unfortunate thing is that IME the chargers are only good for a couple of uses before they lose enough material that they are able to slide through the charger guide wth the ammunition (the guides on the stamped covers seem to have somewhat loose tolerances compared to guides on other rifles).  But alas, they were meant to be disposable, one-time-use items.  People want stupid money for NATO chargers these days.

Mine below.  Has a FALMR plus a modified trigger guard and magazine designed to be part of the FALMR system to ensure that the action must be disassembled to remove the magazine.  Trigger guard can't be removed without disassembly of the lower, and magazine blocks removal of the magazine catch pivot screw, preventing removal of the magazine by backing out the screw (which is still possible with just the plain FALMR).

https://live.staticflickr.com/1891/44703593071_4d4f44d6f1_b.jpg

I'm slowly, as finances permit, acquiring the parts or saving funds for gumsmithing to do a BM-59 build in the style of the old Golden State rewelds below (trying to do all PB parts, though) and also a featureless AR using a linear compensator, stock stop, and Sparrowhark Dynamics featureless grip.  Thanks to the generosity of members here, I'll have hi-cap mags for them.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4822/39734030013_b47a35837b_z.jpg
View Quote
I was looking at the price of Nato chargers for shits and giggles and jesus christ. I am looking forward to seeing that BM59 completed. I have PTR91 with a featureless grip.  As more as I shoot it I find it meh with that goofy grip.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]
This thread makes me sad.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was looking at the price of Nato chargers for shits and giggles and jesus christ. I am looking forward to seeing that BM59 completed. I have PTR91 with a featureless grip.  As more as I shoot it I find it meh with that goofy grip.
View Quote
Yep I have a few PTRs and I hate the grip fin.

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#22]
The answer is the Franklin Armory F17-L, F17-SPR, F17-X.

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Rubber-ban(d) rifle, of course!
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#24]
The right stock and the Resurgent Arms featureless grip feels like a wood stock rifle.

If you can’t get your thumb through because you have a thick stock (like Magpul MOE fixed) then might as well go finned grip.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sks
View Quote
Illegal in CA
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Illegal in CA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sks
Illegal in CA
No they aren't

The detachable mag ones are/were and the grenade launcher had to be removed.

LGS around here used to have tons of them until the supply dried up. Should have grabbed one.

I do have a KelTec SU16CA. Not a "battle rifle" but has proven to be a pretty reliable range/camping toy.
Takes AR mags, is inherently "featureless" and so far hasn't raised any eyebrows with the law.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]
SCR
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine are SKS, Mini 14, M1 Garand. There are lots of options for ARs here too, but I don't like fin grips and I'm not sold on some of the maglock systems' legality.
I'd go M1A as well, but they're expensive and don't do much that I can't already accomplish with the rifles I already mentioned, especially the Garand.

SCR would be ideal, but they're expensive and hard to find last time I checked.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice set up. How is it shooting it with the bipod/ grip fin? I still need to get one of those HK bipods.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Found outside security at SFO:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Mini-14
M1A
M1 Carbine
PC Carbine
M1
SKS
BAR
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top