BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the Norks build their own or buy from Iran to compete?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6163/IranStealth_jpg-2459091.JPG
View Quote

LOL.

No, really.

LOL.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Which look to bear a resemblance to AIM-54 missiles.  I will have to look up those Meteor capabilities.  
View Quote

Those missiles look more like AIM-120s and the upcoming AIM-240s than AIM-54s.  AIM-54s are much shorter and fatter, like the AIM-47D the YF-12 carried.

AIM-47D in front of a YF-12
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a 4.5 gen fighter never ment to be a gen 5.

It is suppose to be half the cost of the F22 BUT with 2/3 the capability.

So the south Koreans are looking for a cost effective fighter.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Nice takeoff, it doesn't struggle to get into the air like an old man going up stairs... I mean like a J-20.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The seat cushion in every one comes pre-soaked with kimchi fart smell.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pffft…diverterless inlets are the new hotness.
View Quote

FatAmy ... has entered the chat
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like no gun.  Good for the Koreans!  
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Missing Israel.
View Quote

Not really,  Israel is good at modifying other nations planes but don’t really have the ability to develop their own from the ground up.  Lots of nations can modify and do a great job.  But very few can build them up from nothing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pffft…diverterless inlets are the new hotness.

They only like her for her avionics.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That thing would tear up any NORK fighter
View Quote
A healthy seagull could tear up a Nork fighter.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nice takeoff, it doesn't struggle to get into the air like an old man going up stairs... I mean like a J-20.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

GE engines vs shitty Chinese engines.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Still funny.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]
There's some stuff there that makes me think it's probably a decent aircraft.

If those inletts actually work like I think they do, it's going to be very high maintenance though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If those inletts actually work like I think they do, it's going to be very high maintenance though.
View Quote

How do you think the inlets work? And why do you think they would be high mx?

I've worked on F-15 and F-22 inlets and don't see what you're seeing.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See those tiny holes that are there to scavenge boundary layer crap? That tech took Northrop/MacD decades to get right. There's like ten or twelve x planes that tried it on everything from upper wing surfaces to vacuum driving flaps... FOD, supersonic abrasives, weird drag induction.

Maybe all those tiny holes are easy these days? My discovery channel education says using tiny pipe cleaners to clear air channels sucks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Similar capabilities, they just don't need the range and the subsequent size to hold the fuel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

See those tiny holes that are there to scavenge boundary layer crap? That tech took Northrop/MacD decades to get right. There's like ten or twelve x planes that tried it on everything from upper wing surfaces to vacuum driving flaps... FOD, supersonic abrasives, weird drag induction.

Maybe all those tiny holes are easy these days? My discovery channel education says using tiny pipe cleaners to clear air channels sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard of having to clean to holes out on a 15 or 22. What sucks is cleaning birds out of F-15 variable ramps and having to do repairs on the ramps in general.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Never heard of having to clean to holes out on a 15 or 22. What sucks is cleaning birds out of F-15 variable ramps and having to do repairs on the ramps in general.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Snapshot_2017-10-03_22-15-27_jpg-2459350.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54089/Snapshot_2017-10-03_22-15-27_jpg-2459350.JPG

Ugh. Yeah, the ramps on an eagle or the spike on the SR-71 kinda do the same thing for the airflow.
Just controlling the airflow by removing the most turbulent parts allows them to make the inlet a lot more "stealthy."

The only other plane I know of that uses bypass air/vacuum for that stuff is the YF-23.

I'm kinda happy some youtuber has never shown me the secrets of the Raptor inlets.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Raise your hand if you just reflexively think the cannon is on the wrong side of the aircraft.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the F-22, on the flight line, it’s a complete non-issue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Good looking plane. Fatboi Kim has gotta be loving this.
Appears to be using General Electric F414 engines (F-18 Superbug engines)
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Render that gives you a better overall view. Its an f22 in front and a 35 in back with 2 engines reminicent of the F15.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top