Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 214
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan and it still pisses me off what Disney did to Luke.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely phenomenal episode!
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan and it still pisses me off what Disney did to Luke.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You're not the only one. Can only imagine what Favreau and Filoni could've done..
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
So was Grogu mind wiped or is he just freaked out from the shit he’s seen and been through?

Thrawn is going to be cool to see. Dude is a worthy opponent for sure.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just watched it.  I'm surprised Ashoka said, "I've only known one other being like this."  I would have thought she'd known about Yaddle.
View Quote

I thought so too but I do not think she was even on the Jedi Council by the time Ahsoka was brought in as a Palawan. Actually according to the Wiki Yaddle stepped down after the Battle of Naboo and she was replaced by Shaak Ti. So no, Ahsoka was unaware of Yaddle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the impression that what Ahsoka and Grogu were “talking” about was far more than it seemed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if “Baby Yoda” said his first word/s in the season finale...
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got the impression that what Ahsoka and Grogu were “talking” about was far more than it seemed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if “Baby Yoda” said his first word/s in the season finale...
View Quote

Like this, will he talk?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I first saw that on YouTube, and I thought that it was a "College Humor or SNL" spoof. Then I saw the movie.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#9]
So not a clone.

Saw another Loth Cat cameo, are these teasing Ezra?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I thought so too but I do not think she was even on the Jedi Council by the time Ahsoka was brought in as a Palawan. Actually according to the Wiki Yaddle stepped down after the Battle of Naboo and she was replaced by Shaak Ti. So no, Ahsoka was unaware of Yaddle.
View Quote

But Yaddle was present at the testing of young Anakin (and denied his training).  You don't think at some point Anakin would have talked about Yaddle to Ahsoka?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought I was watching a Akira Kurosawa or Lone Wolf and Cub episode.

You could really see the influence in this episode.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But Yaddle was present at the testing of young Anakin.  You don't think at some point he Anakin would talked about Yaddle to Ahsoka?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But Yaddle was present at the testing of young Anakin.  You don't think at some point he Anakin would talked about Yaddle to Ahsoka?

She was present for Anakin's but was not an active member of the High Council of the Jedi order at that time. She was in the process of stepping down and Shaak Ti was in the process of replacing her. She had no role in Anakin's appointment to the council or his being granted rank of Jedi Master. He met her yes, but she took no role in anything regarding him. Anakin had no contact with her and had no reason to discuss her because she was no longer involved with the council.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There was one in the season 1 episode when he met Cara Dune.  It hissed at baby yoda.

Morai the owl was also sitting on a tree branch in this episode too... which was a great episode!
View Quote

I saw that too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Like this, will he talk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like this, will he talk?

I think Grogu told ahsoka what he wanted, to go to that temple,  he knows more than we think.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So, what Jedi are left in SW at this point? Besides Ahsoka, is it only Luke and Ezra (since Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn) that we know of?
View Quote

Revan?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But Yaddle was present at the testing of young Anakin (and denied his training).  You don't think at some point he Anakin would talked about Yaddle to Ahsoka?
View Quote

She said "known," not "knows of."  She might have known about numerous of that species, but only "known" one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

She was present for Anakin's but was not an active member of the High Council of the Jedi order at that time. She was in the process of stepping down and Shaak Ti was in the process of replacing her. She had no role in Anakin's appointment to the council or his being granted rank of Jedi Master. He met her yes, but she took no role in anything regarding him. Anakin had no contact with her and had no reason to discuss her because she was no longer involved with the council.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So was Grogu mind wiped or is he just freaked out from the shit he's seen and been through?

View Quote

As long as they can nail his attitude and coolness factor in live action he will become an anti-hero.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Great episode.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Watching this episode beskar seemed pretty damn lightsaber proof.  Especially considering his gauntlets have doodads on them.  Not to mention the spear was taking full power shots.  

What a dope episode.  Michael Biehn, HK-87 droids, Ashoka being a bad ass, and another whopper of a name drop.

Dave filoni verified arf member with the HK-87 reference.
View Quote

And do you know who made the HK-87 droids? Darth Revan did.

SO I am hoping they bring him into canon, because that dude is pure bad ass...Sith Lord and Jedi Master.

ETA: Keanu Reeves would defiantly make a bad ass Revan.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/ll5quHC.jpg

I too walked into many rooms as a 10-year old with many adults inside.    I don’t recall 99% of who the fuck was in the room.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was glorious.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Nobody wants to remember Yaddle.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Nit picky detail, Her head tails are probably too short in the Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/ll5quHC.jpg

Again, she was present. Doesn't mean she ever had direct contact with him. This only proves she was there not that she had contact with Anakin and by the time Ahsoka was brought in she was gone.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Thrawn had staffs he used while training with Assassin Droids in Rebels but none looked like that. I never saw one in his office.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Something about the head was wrong. Not sure what, but it was not what I expected.
I'ma wait and see.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#33]
I watched the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars' final season with my kids, then this Mandalorian episode.  It was neat to see Ahsoka in live action.

Those last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars was one of the best stories I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I watched the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars' final season with my kids, then this Mandalorian episode.  It was neat to see Ahsoka in live action.

Those last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars was one of the best stories I've ever seen.
View Quote

They should combine it into a movie and release it into theaters.  It would definitely be better than episodes 7, 8, & 9.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Absolutely phenomenal episode!
View Quote

This.....is the way
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok, I'm not up on Revan. He lived like 4,000 years before Battle of Yavin, right? Those droids are THAT old? I know tech in Star Wars universe is kind of stagnant...
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Pretty stoked about the latest developments.

I also wonder whether Disney is going to use this series to set up the do-over of the final trilogy?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ok, I'm not up on Revan. He lived like 4,000 years before Battle of Yavin, right? Those droids are THAT old? I know tech in Star Wars universe is kind of stagnant...
View Quote

HK-47 was the assassin droid from Revan’s era/KOTOR.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Eh she just git that old lady dgaf anymore cut
View All Quotes

That’s the “can I speak to the magistrate” cut.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's the "can I speak to the magistrate" cut.
View All Quotes
Haha.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Like this, will he talk?
View Quote

He better not, that would be fucking retarded.

Cadence, affectations, verb order, etc are all aspects of a native language. That's why many foreigners have problems with verbs, tenses, etc in english.

Yoda speaks like that, because whatever his native language is has trailing verbs.

Rowgu, when he starts talking should be in "basic" which doesn't have trailing verbs. Because that's what the speakers around him talk like.

Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Since we know that Yoda knew about Grogu. . . .let's harken back to when he told Like "there is another. . ."  It wasn't Leia. He was taking about Grogu. Dave Filoni is all about the details and he's pretty much a Lucas superfan. Him and John are pretty much the people holding up the franchise and trying to stay true to Lucas' vision.

I'm more curious as to this and who actually saved Grogu
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Since we know that Yoda knew about Grogu. . . .let's harken back to when he told Like "there is another. . ."  It wasn't Leia. He was taking about Grogu. Dave Filoni is all about the details and he's pretty much a Lucas superfan. Him and John are pretty much the people holding up the franchise and trying to stay true to Lucas' vision.

I'm more curious as to this and who actually saved Grogu
View Quote

In one of the new canon books Yoda has a conversation with the force ghost of Obi-Wan before Luke arrives at Dagobah. Yoda wanted to train Leia instead until Obi-Wan talked him out of it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

In one of the new canon books Yoda has a conversation with the force ghost of Obi-Wan before Luke arrives at Dagobah. Yoda wanted to train Leia instead until Obi-Wan talked him out of it.
View Quote

That still doesn't discount Grogu.

Yoda knew about him, no doubt.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So was Grogu mind wiped or is he just freaked out from the shit he’s seen and been through?

View Quote

Or.......

Grogu is a recent clone of a being killed in operation Knightfall and they were only able to imprint memories up to the fall of the temple, thus the 25 year gap in his memory.

Probably not the case, but that would be right up star wars’ alley.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just the name.  Even for a fantasy sci-fi name it's a little silly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not following what, specifically, is important. His name? His past training? Other?...

Just the name.  Even for a fantasy sci-fi name it's a little silly.
Sillier than "Yoda" and "Yaddle"?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That’s the “can I speak to the magistrate” cut.
View Quote

You win the internets for the day
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, the saber/spear duel was VERY samurai movie in its tone and cinematography.

Also, impressed with the magistrate who, apparently, was able to half disarm Ahsoka.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#50]
She did not intend to kill her because she needed to get info out of her.
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top