BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ever notice the Tesla logo looks like a push dagger?
View Quote

It looks like part of a female anatomy chart all sci-fied and roboticated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Both a Ford Mach E or A Tesla Y would be a better buy than that thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m surprised one of the big 3 doesn’t just eject on all the R&D and sign a licensing deal with China’s NIO to build and distribute their cars in North America. I’m sure GM’s Mary Barra probably has Chinese officials numbers in her phone that could make it happen.

NIO has worked around the EV range issue with quick change batteries that can be swapped in about 5 minutes at their battery swap stations. I believe Musk had previously said this wasn’t feasible.
View Quote

It's not... can you imagine how much money you would have wrapped up in inventory? Then you swap your awesome pack for a fucked up one that someone got away with swapping.  The cost to swap packs would be way more than filling up with gas. It's not feasible unless you just want to swap your own... but then you have thousands invested.. in batteries. It's pointless
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Now let's see it do 3 more consecutive laps without charging.  They may be fast, but they don't have soul.  There's just something about an ICE
View Quote
Didn't it beat a Porsche Taycan Turbo?
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Show me data that battery EV sales have plateaued.   I don't believe that they have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those numbers are deceiving I'd be surprised if evs break a 1m a this year and based on price cuts and slow sales I'm guessing the plateau.   Because those that wanted one got one and the rest of the buyers either don't want one or can't afford one.

Show me data that battery EV sales have plateaued.   I don't believe that they have.

Re read what I said...
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is someone going to put these stations along the interstates every 50-100 miles?   I doubt it.  It makes no sense.   Quick 15-20 minute charge on a Tesla supercharger and off you go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m surprised one of the big 3 doesn’t just eject on all the R&D and sign a licensing deal with China’s NIO to build and distribute their cars in North America. I’m sure GM’s Mary Barra probably has Chinese officials numbers in her phone that could make it happen.

NIO has worked around the EV range issue with quick change batteries that can be swapped in about 5 minutes at their battery swap stations. I believe Musk had previously said this wasn’t feasible.

Is someone going to put these stations along the interstates every 50-100 miles?   I doubt it.  It makes no sense.   Quick 15-20 minute charge on a Tesla supercharger and off you go.

I imagine that it would be swap in lieu of charging, similar to stopping to fill up the gas tank in an ICE vehicle. The station would most likely keep 15 or 20 sets of batteries on chargers that could be made available for the swap.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I imagine that it would be swap in lieu of charging, similar to stopping to fill up the gas tank in an ICE vehicle. The station would most likely keep 15 or 20 sets of batteries on chargers that could be made available for the swap.
View Quote

Thousands of places would have to have those "15 or 20 sets of batteries on chargers" around at any one time, personnel on hand 24/7 365 able to do several swaps at a time and then have to unbolt and remove the several hundred pound pack and reinstall another several hundred pound pack. On top of all the other problems it would take a lot longer than just hooking up to a charger and charging.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
They'd have to truck those things back to california like they do U-hauls for all the people leaving the state.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top