Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
How Many Cows Are There In The US? (Updated In 2022)

The country's second-largest state, Texas, has the largest number of cows with a total population of 12,5 million, or roughly 13% of the country's total. It is the second-largest state, in terms of area, behind Alaska and it has favorable conditions for breeds like the Texas Longhorn, which is native to the area, and the Angus, which is a large breed with a considerable meat yield.

Just have to know where to look. East, TX is not a big cow area. West, TX and the permian basin is more oil. South and the edge of southwest, TX has a lot of cows as does the hill country/central TX. Some of the ranches have their own breed like the Chapparosa which is larger than Washington D.C. and still a working cattle ranch. Where there are lots of cows there's not a lot of people and not a lot of people driving by saying "that's a lot of cows". I don't see a lot of cows in the panhandle but I see a shitload of cattle trailers full of cattle c coming and going, they're somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Actually further.  IIRC the last mile marker is 910 (?)

ETA.  See idiocy below
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Actually further.  IIRC the last mile marker is 910 (?)

ETA.  I’m an idiot.  El Paso starts at 0 and east border is 880
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If she was Polish, why did she have an American accent?

I call BS
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL, sounds English to us, and since she went to Oxford I'd say that's where she learned it.

Since OP is English, maybe he can posit a regional "English" accent it is closest to.
View Quote
Oh there is heaps of an English accent there.

But also a lot of American accent. The "r" sound is very strong.

She has either put it on for the video or she has spent a lot of time in the US.

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn I just missed her.

By the route map in her video she came right through my town.

Her spirit makes her very beautiful imo.

Not sure if I would want to stay in Vega though lol.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don’t like our way of life here in Texas?

Then don’t come here. Stay the fuck home.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Do they still have you sing songs about how great texas is in elementary school?

The sage in bloom is like perfume ….deep in the heart of texas ….

I lived in texas from 6-14 years old.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That video confirmed some of my suspicions about Texas.
1.  That Texas is mostly a dry, arid place.  Very few , if any, trees.
2.  They all don't wear those big ass dinner plate belt buckles.  
3.  I didn't see anyone carrying a western holster with a Colt .45
4.  No one riding a horse.  For parades only.
5.  No cows.  Florida probably grows more cows than Texas.  He'll, Georgia probably grows more cows than Texas.
6.  No one wear cowboy hats.  They are only worn when they can impress the unknowing.
7.  Taste in music sucks.  I didn't hear one song in the background from Urban Cowboy.  

I only watched about 10 minutes of the video.  I guess if I watched the whole thing, my perception might be changed.
View Quote

I hear the cow thing come up often from out of staters.
Common misconception that Florida has more cows.
Texas has more cattle bar none.

Also, west of Austin and Dallas, Texas is chaparral and a bit.more arid further west.
East of all that, is green and humid.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's 103 degrees. I'm walking the least amount outside that I have to.
View Quote
That's part of the problem. To most Northern Europeans, summer is a beautiful, wonderful time of year. It is not the burning hell that we experience.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:08:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:53:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Texas SUCKS SWEATY BALLS

don't come here, it's HORRIBLE...

STAY AWAY...

there are snakes, stickers, stingers, hogs and rabid cougers and giant tarantulas.
HUGE SPIDERS that will eat your accessory dog.....

BEWARE
View Quote
but at least the people are nice.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Texas SUCKS SWEATY BALLS

don't come here, it's HORRIBLE...

STAY AWAY...

there are snakes, stickers, stingers, hogs and rabid cougers and giant tarantulas.
HUGE SPIDERS that will eat your accessory dog.....

BEWARE
View Quote
first thing they told me when I got to the gun range was look where my feet are going, you left out fire ants
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:20:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I10 from Beaumont?? to El Paso is a very, very long drive.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:44:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Cute chick.

My one comment is she needs to quit setting up her drone shots while driving on the highway.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Just after you cross into Texas from Louisiana on I10.

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:57:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fancy gates are how Texans flaunt their wealth is what I noticed.

Shit we just stretch some strands hooked to a stick and then use the double loop method.
Maybe some baling twine to lock it.
View Quote

Hey, don’t knock them gates. I have made a bunch of money selling gates and gate operators. They are run of the mill now. To flaunt your wealth you install retractable bollards in front of the gates that will stop a 65,000 lbs vehicle traveling 65 mph.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:03:00 AM EDT
[#21]
My take on your state is unless you are very  very wealthy it would suck living in Texas . Just being a regular home owner with a small piece of property would suck living there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:17:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Texas #1 for cows.  And FL ain’t even in the top 10.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-with-the-most-cattle.html
View Quote

I bet that the misconception comes from the fact many places in Texas it takes up to 20 acres per cow. In Florida with all the rain they crowd a bunch of cattle on 10 acres.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She has either put it on for the video or she has spent a lot of time in the US.

View Quote

Or a lot of time watching American tv shows.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:23:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Seems everybody hauls ass in Texas. I thought Arizona loved to move.
Was on a three day course driving to the range one of the mornings outside Granbury. Going over the speed limit but not much, folks were moving. Blowing by me, little cars, Cowboy Cadillacs, family vans. So I stepped it up, didnt want to impead on the norms of how they traveled and be a nausance. Sure as shit when I gave it the goose I had a Cop behind me. Riding my ass. I gave the usual "ahh fuck" and expected the cherries. He hit the other lane, proceeded to rolled past me and slowed a bit to give me the window to window look of "Drive or get the fuck off the road." before hauling ass over the horizon.

I love AZ, but I'm damn sure a fan of Texas.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#25]
25 years ago the state of Texas had an ad campaign on TV and billboards about how it wasn't your job to enforce the speed limit. If someone wanted to pass you and go 100mph it's not your issue.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Was on a three day course driving to the range one of the mornings outside Granbury. Going over the speed limit but not much, folks were moving. Blowing by me, little cars, Cowboy Cadillacs, family vans. So I stepped it up, didnt want to impead on the norms of how they traveled and be a nausance. Sure as shit when I gave it the goose I had a Cop behind me. Riding my ass. I gave the usual "ahh fuck" and expected the cherries. He hit the other lane, proceeded to rolled past me and slowed a bit to give me the window to window look of "Drive or get the fuck off the road." before hauling ass over the horizon.

View Quote

Well its a big azz place, if you dont go fast you be driving forever.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:45:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cute chick.

My one comment is she needs to quit setting up her drone shots while driving on the highway.
View Quote

That drone tracks her, shes not "flying it"
But she looks to be driving slow so it can keep up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I thought I read on her channel that this is her first visit to the U.S.

The "r" pronunciation thing may be from her Polish background.

I served on a NATO advisory team comprised of Americans, Brits, Strayans, and Canadians, and there were times we looked to the educated Turks on our team to translate English from one Continent to another Continent.

Oftentimes, they just shrugged their shoulders and basically said "fuck if I know".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I served on a NATO advisory team comprised of Americans, Brits, Strayans, and Canadians, and there were times we looked to the educated Turks on our team to translate English from one Continent to another Continent.

Oftentimes, they just shrugged their shoulders and basically said "fuck if I know".

It is. If you haven't noticed, people here say a lot of stupid bullshit when they have no idea what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I10 from Beaumont?? to El Paso is a very, very long drive.
View Quote

And I’ve driven it. In my younger days I was “dating” this purty brunette and she went to Baton Rouge for some country music fest. At the time, I was enjoying Moab, Utah. As I’m coming home she calls and tells me I should go with her. Well after a week in the desert around a buncha dudes, a nice piece of pie sounded amazing. So I said yes.

Really sucks to know you’ve already driven 20hrs, and could be home in 30 if you take this right turn, but instead you have another 4 hours to go. We broke up a week later.

This is a big ass state. Yes not as big as Alaska but still big. As the saying goes, Houston is an hour from Houston.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Ive driven through texas a bunch of times.
Once I was driving along I40 and I saw this huge cloud over/on the highway.
It was a perfectly clear day.
Well it was a giant urine cloud from the million cattle all around some facility.
Maybe was OK at that point.  Nasty either way.

Unfortunately I have a dim view of Texans due to working at a Ski area in CO that texans frequented.
The dumb shit they would complain about and the way they would act just seared my hippocampus.

I will try to keep an open mind next time I stop in Dalhart.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My take on your state is unless you are very  very wealthy it would suck living in Texas . Just being a regular home owner with a small piece of property would suck living there.
View Quote
Why do you think that?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#32]
I really miss 1srelluc (sp?) in these threads.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Why do you think that?
View Quote

I just think you need a lot of land there to really enjoy it .

I live in a small state in New England but there are state parks and state forests everywhere where I can just hike and walk the dog if I want or hunt them.

I have one a stone throws away that 20,000 acres with paths and trails all through it.  I hunt on private land but If I didn't have that option there is probably

100,000 acres of state and federal land I could hunt on in this state. I'm sure you have stuff like that also but not as plentiful unless you live near one.

Here I can drive the entire state from end to end in about 2 1/2 hours  so never far away from forest where I need no  permission to enjoy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I really miss 1srelluc (sp?) in these threads.
View Quote

It’s a shame I didn’t get more mileage out of this meme

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran into a Iraqi that spoke better, more fluent spanish than my vato messcan squad mate.
Kinda weird having an interpreter that didn't go on your patrol, and youre having to do the interpretation in an Arabic county in spanish...
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It’s a shame I didn’t get more mileage out of this meme

https://i.imgur.com/SaTH5RB.jpg
View Quote

That poor guy must have lost a few girlfriends to Texans or something…
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I live in a small state in New England but there are state parks and state forests everywhere where I can just hike and walk the dog if I want or hunt them.

I have one a stone throws away that 20,000 acres with paths and trails all through it.  I hunt on private land but If I didn't have that option there is probably

100,000 acres of state and federal land I could hunt on in this state. I'm sure you have stuff like that also but not as plentiful unless you live near one.

Here I can drive the entire state from end to end in about 2 1/2 hours  so never far away from forest where I need no  permission to enjoy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do you think that?

Gotcha. I wasn't looking at it through the lens of hunting and public land use, but rather just life in general.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That poor guy must have lost a few girlfriends to Texans or something…
View Quote

He was going to buy a complete artillery Luger rig, a mint medical bolo and a nib toaster at a garage sale for $85 and somebody from Texas gave $100
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That video confirmed some of my suspicions about Texas.
1.  That Texas is mostly a dry, arid place.  Very few , if any, trees.
2.  They all don’t wear those big ass dinner plate belt buckles.  
3.  I didn’t see anyone carrying a western holster with a Colt .45
4.  No one riding a horse.  For parades only.
5.  No cows.  Florida probably grows more cows than Texas.  He’ll, Georgia probably grows more cows than Texas.
6.  No one wear cowboy hats.  They are only worn when they can impress the unknowing.
7.  Taste in music sucks.  I didn’t hear one song in the background from Urban Cowboy.  

I only watched about 10 minutes of the video.  I guess if I watched the whole thing, my perception might be changed.
View Quote

1) Texas has flooding....revert to all natural weather disasters over the previous twenty-one years. Does also have significant amount of rainfall annually.

2) Buckles come in all sorts and sizes.

3) Tit for tat. Own several 1911's and prefer carrying glock concealed.

4) I own two painters and ride often. City boy at that. Live in west texas now.

5) Tons of cattle and lots of ranchers with ranches.

6) Own five hats. All rotated for the occasion and seasons.

7) If you like chopped and screw, southside houston is your spot. Prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was not my experience at all. Seemed like everyone was doing 5 under the damn limit the whole time I was down there.
I’m not much of a speeder even but I was damn near the only car doing any passing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#42]
This reminds me of a story my mom loved to tell.

Whey she was 19, she was accepted into the University of Texas on a full ride scholarship. The family decided that instead of sending her by train they would drive her there. First family  member to go to college etc.

From Chapman Ranch, Texas to Austin.  Straight line distance just shy of 300 miles.

No interstate highways in Texas at the time,(1953)  you drove from town to town on farm roads and camped along the roadside.

Took three days one way.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Her accent ... yes, it sounds pretty much English, somewhere South-East.
Not sure that I noticed anything with the 'r's, but then I did spend 10 years in France and that pretty much made me immune to long 'r's :-)

She did say that she speaks four languages, two of them fluently - Polish and English would be my guess.

Some people are just VERY good at language and getting the accent right.
I remember going to a party in Paris and spending half an hour or so talking to this one guy.
I couldn't exactly place his accent to tell where he came from in England, so I asked where he was from.
He said @I@*H@&*@ so I asked again, he repeated it. So I asked where that was - about 100 miles N of Stockholm.

Hmmm... so I asked where he learned his English. He said Sweden. I said I thought he must have spent some time in England ...
No. He had never been there.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I made it through 10 seconds of her spinning around in circles in the RV park. Made me dizzy.

My point stands, if you don’t like it here, stay home. We are full anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video?

I made it through 10 seconds of her spinning around in circles in the RV park. Made me dizzy.

My point stands, if you don’t like it here, stay home. We are full anyway.

Isn't Texas full of liberals and other types it didn't have before?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I bet that the misconception comes from the fact many places in Texas it takes up to 20 acres per cow. In Florida with all the rain they crowd a bunch of cattle on 10 acres.
View Quote

Not really...

Next time I go to old money Vero and out to Okeechobee I'll take pictures.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

This applies to all 50 states.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top