Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 43
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 4:52:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#1]

Rick Nelson "Garden Party"
Garden Party by Ricky Nelson 1972 Official | Stone Canyon Band | Original Lyrics in Description
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 5:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 6:04:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Treadhead] [#3]
Puka shell necklaces on 12yr old girls wearing "Jelly Sandals" in 1975...Sigh....  I miss 1975.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Treadhead:
Puka shell necklaces on 12yr old girls wearing "Jelly Sandals" in 1975...Sigh....  I miss 1975.
View Quote

Looked much better on their big sisters in 75. With tube tops...

I remember the 70's very well. Some musicians who have stayed popular to this day put out their best work in the 70's. When they were fresh and raw.

Long Misty Days (Live in Illinois, 1976)

Van Halen- Somebody Get Me A Doctor- '76 Demo Zero
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:27:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#5]
Tuesday's Gone

Skynyrd

Fuck if i care if posted before, Cheers assholes !
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:31:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#6]
Take The Money And Run - The Steve Miller Band (Lyrics + HQ)
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]

People Who Died

RIP People  
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#8]
The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset (Live 1973)
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Aerosmith - Big Ten Inch Record (Audio)
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Electronic Music.
It came from Germany originally which makes sense: transistors and low frequency oscillators. Germans didn't make those. Merica!!!!!
But they used them for peaceful purposes...this time!!!!
Someone else posted Tangerine Dream which is one half of the pioneering Electronic music. The other half is Kraftwerk.
Kraftwerk - Autobahn (Single version 1974)
Kraftwerk - Trans Europa Express (original)

Somebody very famouse lifted a big part of the second song!!! And that American song became popular in Germany!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Krautrock was huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still is. German bands are done surrendering, disbanding, or dieing off. That's what they've learned from the 20th Century.
First up is Guru Guru. They still exist. The last original member died last decade. The new guys soldier on and on. I should mention that Krautrock isn't rock and roll. It's a mixture of all kinds of styles from Jazz, Jazz Funk, Psychedelia, typical american type folk similar to the Grateful Dead; it goes on and on, and I should also mention that these types of bands also have a political component. What else????? Oh yeah, Krautrock actually had a precursor which was a band of American GIs (US Army) whose name I cannot remember at all. (They also separated in Germany to remain with the "scene, man." That was in the mid-60s. The Germans took it from there.
Guru Guru - The girl from Hirschhorn
GURU GURU Nighbear (Studio Version) Tango Fango album.

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:01:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#12]
Skorpions!! Heavy Metal!!!! Monsters of Rock tours!!!!!! Except for that one time Chris de Burgh was the headliner!!! We could not get out of there fast enough. We could hear "Woman in Red" out in the distance. Brutal end to an other wise great day.
Scorpions - The Zoo (Visualizer)
Scorpions - Loving You Sunday Morning (Rockpop In Concert, 17.12.1983)

ETA: was going to correct de Burgh's song title to "Lady in Red" but who gives a fuck. I woke up, put Le Mans on and realized my mistake. Then realized no one is really going to give a shit. But for the historical record, his hit that put him on the kill list is "Lady in Red."
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Stumbled over this video yesterday during Le Mans. It's a Rick Beato video that is evidence to @subnet's thesis. I would put out for those that watch it, where they use the phrase "owned the music industry...", replace that phrase with "influenced the music industry." Please to enjoy:
Jimi Hendrix Wouldn’t Be Famous Today

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Gentlemen, Jerry Reed!
Hugely talented and skilled in multiple areas of Entertainment. To little kid me, he was scary as Bama McCall.
His songs were great stories in a radio friendly package. The "fun" songs were fun while the "sad" songs were sad. But, the one thing I noticed about his music was that there was normally "Joy" in it whether funny or sad. Not many artists have pulled that trick off through out the history of music!! (again and always IMHO)
Here's a sampling of styles, rhythms and content, and it only scratches the surface of what the man could do.
When You're Hot, You're Hot (Remastered)

Amos Moses was the first song I recognized as being a Jerry Reed song when I was like 9 or 10. In the Early '70s a lot of Southeners were moving into my "Old West California." For us, they were as different a people as the Hippies of the '60s were to us. Lots of different ways and living.
This next song just slides in and out of a basic Texas Swing/rock n roll beat into your normal everyday "Nashville approved" at this specific moment in time, honky tonk beat.
[I'm Just a] Redneck In a Rock and Roll Bar

George Thorogood made a career out of this style, but with a Bo Diddley beat
Mule Skinner Blues (Blue Yodel No. 8)

Next video is one of those TV moments of a really great hay stack:
This is for  you guys that like songs about condoms:
Okay, last two songs are throw aways, but life is short, so let's have some fun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Laydown:

I remember the 70's very well. Some musicians who have stayed popular to this day put out their best work in the 70's. When they were fresh and raw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgUTOjzqmjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNCIKRcTrYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mplsUNV-D8
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Laydown:
Originally Posted By Treadhead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgUTOjzqmjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNCIKRcTrYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mplsUNV-D8
Sure but I was 12 that year too and it's who I was hanging out with.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:34:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Almost bed time which means "Bed Time Story!"
Our next guest Band was made up entirely of studio musicians, lots of them over the years. They had a solid core, but deaths have ended that. But, still studio musicians, the unsung heroes of all music!!
Toto!
From what I remember, it was late '78 when these guys had their debut release. Rush came out with "Hemispheres" at about the same time which would prove to be another turning point in their, Rush, journey through music.
It was also the high point of...Disco; this is the point in the story where you guys say "hiss" and "boooo."
Toto's debut album sort of clobbered the opposition, so well done.  
Toto - Hold The Line (Official Video)
Toto - Georgy Porgy (Video Version)

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Now it's Rush's Hemispheres turn.
This would be the second turning point in how they constructed music. Normally, you don't use the word "construct" when talking about music. People prefer "compose" instead. I guess it's the connotations of the word "compose." That's what Bach and Beethoven did. I'm pretty sure most of us like what Rush accomplished. La Villastrangiato is a piece of music that is tough to master. I saw a documentary that was centered on Rush about this song. They all came to hate it! LOL
I have to do a shout out to Charlie Chase from high school. Good Guy! From the above post, Toto and this one came out about the same time. We headed to Tower with one of us buying Toto, the other getting Rush, and through the wondrous magic of tape recording, we each had a copy. Teamwork!!!!! There's no "I" in team!!!
RUSH - La Villa Strangiato (Hemispheres, 1978) - 1080HD

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:05:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#18]
I've been wanting to do this one for a long time. (Phrasing!)
Donna Summer.
Even we in the Jazzefied Funkish Heavier Rock world took notice of her. You would've had your "credentials" questioned if you didn't, to be honest, and as well you should have!!
So, you guys know how we have Halle Berry now, well, back then in the '70s, we had more!!!!!!! We not only had Donna Summer, we had Lola Falana and Pam Grier, Jayne Kennedy, Vanessa Williams in Penthouse, the woman who played Cleopatra Jones. Being a Boomer has its perks. Shit. just remembered we had Whoopi Goldberg. Damn. The arrogance of bragging. Stand by one for change of direction.
Love to Love you, Baby made Donna Summer famous in America then internationally, but from what I understand as her history, she was already semi-famous in Germany and Austria in the late '60s to 1975 as a singer and stage performer. After she returned to the US, She was proclaimed the "Queen of Disco." If only Disco had just had the strength to stop itself there, it might have been okay for the rest of us, but it went straight on to Leisure Suits almost immediately. It was like it couldn't wait!!!!
Anyway, let's get to the visual and aural pleasure of Donna Summer. You'll notice that there are only three songs chosen, BUT six videos provided. There are technical reasons as to why this is. If you're anything like me, you'll love listening to Donna moan over and over again, and watching Donna's hips sway to and then fro and then repeat.
Now, there's a few of you out there who are saying, "hey zoinks! how come no "it's raining men?" Gentlemen, as the Zen say, the answer to a question is within the question, so tough luck.
Donna Summer Dim All The Lights HQ) YouTube
DONNA SUMMER I feel love live 1977,,
Donna Summer -- I Feel Love Video HQ
Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby • TopPop
Donna Summer - Love to Love You Baby

Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby

Sweet Dreams!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Meet the band, "Missouri." These guys did openers for Kansas, Willie Nelson, Firefall and Ted Nugent, back in the late 1970s.

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Elvis Presley - Burning Love (Aloha From Hawaii, Live in Honolulu, 1973)
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Attention Stoners!!!
This means YOU!!!!!
Our next group is Stoneground. It is one of a handful of groups that your Stoner Ancestors listened and smoked bowls to, with, for etc., while discussing the implications of Viet Nam and avoiding the Draft, is there really a Universe in the cells underneath your finger nails, most efficient way to get the cat stoned, how does one plan on getting a job, Nixon is bad, yes, but the EPA is good - I don't understand how this could be, maybe we should try pizza rolls sometime in the future, what's your favorite television test pattern - RCA Indian Head or NTSC Test Card, what were we talking about before you noticed my sock had a hole in it?
okay, who the hell am I kidding! you guys know this stuff better than I. So, before you even decide you might need to change bong water, just go ahead and sit cross-legged on the floor and spark one up for some Stoneground.
A little history for those interested. Another CA band; one of the founders came from the Beau Brummels, one of the singers was doing double duty with Elvin Bishop at the time, and three of these left to form up "Pablo Cruise."

Stoneground - Added Attraction (Come And See Me) (1971)
Stoneground - Since i've been Born - 1971 lp

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#22]
black throated wind

Black-Throated Wind (Live at Cow Palace, Daly City, CA, March 23, 1974)

help's on the way, slipknot, franklin's tower

Grateful Dead - Help On The Way_Slipnot!_Franklin's Tower 5-22-77
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By hbilly:
black throated wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtuImGatMUg

help's on the way, slipknot, franklin's tower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1paO3Zn9Hs
View Quote
very nice choices, hbilly!

Favorite television test pattern is.......?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#24]
st stephen/iko iko/not fade away/sugar magnolia

Grateful Dead - St. Stephen_Iko Iko_Not Fade Away_Sugar Magnolia 5-15-77

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:54:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Bar Bands. I'll go to crappy bars for a good band!! Here's an example: The Sons of Champlin. Another SF Bay Area band, yes, but that's what I know best because even as a kid, I saw a great number of bands at parks and fairs and every where they would show up even if it was on a flat bed being pulled around the city by a semi. Fun stuff!!
For the History part, Bill Champlin was more famous for his time with Chicago during the '80s. I don't know too much about that time. I was in the AF for almost the whole decade and you kind of get separated from the culture even when in CONUS. I was busy. Things to do; people to see.
Bar Bands!!!!! Good ones make it easier to get women dancing! And if you're dancing, you're almost automatically not considered a creep unless you do something creepy.
The Sons of Champlin - There Goes Your All Night - 10/4/1975 - Winterland
THE SONS OF CHAMPLIN - Turn On Your Lovelight / Drum Solo / Gold Mine
THE SONS OF CHAMPLIN - We Can Make It
THE SONS OF CHAMPLIN - Lookout
I got to say I was surprised that youtube had so much. It's pretty cool. Recordings were hard to find when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks to @azjeeper for posting the next band on Page 1! I did not have the strength to reduce the amount of songs to less than what will be posted. We get into this sort of problem with talented people who neither die by plane accident or aspirating their own vomit, so it's not my fault.
The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See - 9/10/1973 - Grand Opera House (Official)
The Marshall Tucker Band (Everyday I Have The Blues) (Live)
Marshall Tucker Band Running Like the Wind with Lyrics in Description
Marshall Tucker Band / This Ol' Cowboy

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#27]
The Marshall Tucker Band "You Don't Live Forever"
The Marshall Tucker Band "Hillbilly Band"
The Marshall Tucker Band You Ain't Foolin' Me
The Marshall Tucker Band "Property Line"
The Marshall Tucker Band "Life In A Song"
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#28]
The Marshall Tucker Band "Life In A Song"
You Say You Love Me by The Marshall Tucker Band (from Long Hard Ride)
The Marshall Tucker Band "Desert Skies"
The Marshall Tucker Band "Fly Like An Eagle"
The Marshall Tucker Band "Windy City Blues"
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Doc Watson - Tennessee Stud
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#30]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-1G6Wif8s
View Quote
That was pretty good!
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a "Time Machine" because I got all of you tickets for a mini-Concert by Rufus!!! You'll like it!!
We're going to when Chaka Khan was with the group from 1973 to before she did her first Solo album, but not before she joined. Rufus was kind of a folk-funk group up here in the SF Bay Area, so I decided to spare you guys one more SF band. As part of the new Rufus, Stevie Wonder wrote a couple of songs for them. I found one, "Maybe, Your Baby," was a huge hit when Stevie Wonder did it. I should've included it in the Stevie Wonder block, but I was thinking I'll put it here, so I don't repeat songs, but I've been fucking that up since I started, so I guess I should've.
So, get your popcorn and put a drink in your sippy cup because it's Rufus time!!!!
Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan-Sweet Thing "Live".
medley RUFUS featuring CHAKA KHAN in SOULTRAIN
Rufus & Chaka Khan - Once You Get Started • TopPop

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 1:29:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#32]
Rufusized - Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan (1974)
Studio Album Time:
Whoever's Thrilling You (Is Killing Me)-Rufus-1973
Rufus feat. Chaka Khan - Circles

Rufus and Chaka Khan - Stop On By
Rufusized - Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan (1974)

Again, I lacked the strength to cut back on the musical choices. It literately took me over an hour just to get it down to 12.

I don't know why Rufus wasn't bigger than what it was. They had a front woman that from her first album with Rufus, the people that managed her wanted her to be a solo act right from the beginning; she was that spectacular of a personality, plus she can really sing!
That caused a lot of problems in the band which means that the band itself had some issues that they would be upset that someone was more popular than the whole. The first thing you learn, or should learn, is that now matter how good you are or think you are, your career is in the hands of "fans" plus the people who believe that they can make money off of you. Basically, your career is in the hands of people you don't know, don't know you, and only care about you in as much as you either entertain them, or you make money for them. Otherwise, just enjoy the ride and be nice to others.
I do know that Disco killed R and B. Disco beat up a lot of other musical genres, but it killed R and B. Proto Rap was under the radar at the time, so when the heavy hitters, like the new version of Journey with Steve Perry, came out and killed Disco, R and B remained dead and Rap found a place in the commercial world. It's just another reason to hate Disco.

ETA: as usual fix my mistakes. Well, at least the mistakes I can fix.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#33]
Today is "Cautionary Tale Day," or "How it all goes so wrong for bands/recording artists."

Two ways: drugs/alcohol and being ripped off by anyone/everyone that has a piece of the contract with a corollary heavy drug use will lead to being ripped off.
Well, that's about it. If you have to use, do it "recreationally" rather than as a life style. And remember, if you sign a "recording contract" with some company, you owe them money for everything they do, and your money comes later after their money is recouped. I don't know how much money people get per disc sales these days, but it's probably not a whole lot more than what people got back decades ago.

Now, for some case studies. I wanted to start with Moby Grape, a San Francisco band, but they did their best work in the '60s, so no posting songs Rules.
First, like most band up here, acid, weed and alcohol would be their hurdles, and then the psychosis that would be following up on the trail right behind catching up every day. Then there's the marketing hype games that companies would experiment with. If it failed, well, there's always another band out there. Most bands don't make the impact, but bands are a commodity item. The music business is a business, and if you do make an impact one day, don't be a dick about it. You're standing on a lot of bodies to get there.

Next with have Pacific, Gas & Electric, a Los Angeles band. Down South of me, cocaine, weed and alcohol were the hurdles. They were not a bad group. Had a good sound, but they just couldn't be consistent. Plus, they ran into trouble by being another mixed race band that figured they could tour through the South without problems. No body could do that at the time.
Here's some music:
Love, Love, Love, Love, Love
They were thought well enough that this song, Elvira, was used for a movie.
Elvira (From the Motion Picture "Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon")

ETA: had to correct moron mistake of not adding in the song "Elvira."

Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Next group, Chairman of the Board, got caught up in recording industry politics, and like so many ofher groups talented enough to have a career, theirs floundered through no fault of their own. I think they do their version of beach music now a days.
Give Me Just A Little More Time - The Chairmen of the Board
Chairman of the Board - Finder's Keeper's
Chairman of the Board. Chairman of the Board.

Then we have this next guy who went by the name Plastic Bertrand. He was from Belgium, and literally had nothing to do with the song or the recording that bears his name. He forgot who owns them, and tried to sue about 15 years ago. He got blasted out of the court. (This is why you have to remember not to be a dick if you get some success. They can still crush you.)
Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi HD

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Today, it's WAR!!!!!!!!!
The Band.
Some poster who has great taste in Music already posted "Low Rider." (I knew I should've wrote down your name, but go ahead and take a bow!)
A great American group, from SoCal, actually even though "formed" by a Brit named Eric Burden formally of The Animals. The core group did exist before meeting Eric Burden. These guys did Music. Genres exist to help with marketing and to control the costs of marketing. War did Music. It's the same concept of when Thelonius Monk was once asked by a music reporter what kind of music he, Monk, listed to. Monk just said, "Music." The reporter kept at it asking the same question over. Monk turned to his friend and said, "this guy don't get it." It's all music. You are free to like it, hate it or be indifferent to it. Totally your choice.
We'll start off with how everyone was introduced to War:
Eric Burdon & War - Spill The Wine (1970)
Eric Burdon & War - Spirit/Love Is All Around/Mystery Train (Live, 1971)

Then Eric Burden moved onto Planet Burden, and War did what they did musically when they were younger. They had songs that just grooved:

They had songs that were lyrically dark:

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#36]
They had songs that were lyrically light:
WAR - Why Can't We Be Friends? (Official Video) [Remastered in 4K]

But mostly their songs were about living life. Thelonius Monk was actually a big Country and Western fan. He loved listening to the stories in the songs. (I may have forgotten to mention that Monk was a Jazz legend, so I'll stress his legendary status right here with the closing parenthesis.)
Don't Let No One Get You Down

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Today's guest died decades ago, but you wouldn't have heard anything about him. Yet, he influenced many an English artist from the '80s to the end of the Century. You knew him from a VW commercial:

we didn't hear about him until a few years after his death when someone picked up a sort of "best of" trying to capture some more money off the dead guy. We were long hair types, but thought this music was pretty good. The guy could "press fit" chords into his songs that were not the usual choices. I was impressed. Our resident professor said the guy was on psyche meds and OD on them. Please to enjoy!

British authorities didn't know at the time whether he OD'd on accident which happens to people, or OD'd on purpose which also happens to people. He didn't leave a note.
However, this next song has a melody line very similar to Cream's "I Feel Free," and what few words he sings are more than enough to think that maybe it wasn't an accident:

As we can't leave things there, here's a song from his first album, released in 1969. It violates the rule, but it's a damn good song:
Nick Drake - River Man (Video)

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#38]
The Robin Trower Band. Just a sampling of their love songs with lyrics mostly written by James Dewar, my Hero! Love songs fully make up 87% of the Band's catalog!! Please to enjoy!!
About to Begin (2007 Remaster)
About to Begin (2007 Remaster)
Robin Trower - None But The Brave
Victims of the Fury (2012 Remaster)

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#40]
In an earlier post, I "alluded" to the fact that I played bass in a rock band and attempted to model myself on James Dewar. The only thing I had in may favor was that I was taller. But, I used to sing his songs to girls on dates. I could cover about 87% of his vocal range which might/could help when it's time to round 6th base, if you know what i mean!  
In This Place (2007 Remaster)
04 Love s Gonna Bring You Round

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:42:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#42]
All this '70s talk has reminded my of just how much today, right now, our lives are just like it was in the '70s. It's like for the older ones, we're reliving it, and for the younger ones, here's their chance to relive...bullshit! Can't really explain it. The '60s were pretty violent, it seemed to me. Maybe the Cuban Missile Crisis released everyone's psychotic energies. The '70s were a continuation on one hand, and mocking everything that the '60s were. It was a weird dichotomy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#44]
6 days on the road
Six Days On The Road (Live/1971)
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, @solid posted The Doors' WASP. I was going to quote that, but I can't find the post now. There's an interesting story about the song.

The US had its version of "pirate radio." People would lease AM stations in Mexico called "border blasters" because they would have around 50,000 watts of power. At night, theses stations could reach most of CONUS down to Central America easy.

The WASP was based on the radio station call sign XERB, and was managed, part owned depending on the year, and was also a DJ, by Woldman Jack. They would tape the radio shows in the LA area, courier them down to Tijuana, and broadcast for the next day. Great Song, though!!!!

But that reminded me of this gem:
The Firesign Theatre Station Break

This Firesign Theater bit reminded me of this National Lampoon bit:
National Lampoon - Deteriorata

The National Lampoon bit reminded me of how many times they skewered musicians over the '70s. James Taylor's drug addiction was often mocked. The biggest mocking National Lampoon did was Lemmings which made a mockery out of a sham that of those three days of peace and love did at Woodstock on Yasgur's Farm in 1969. The Woodchuck Festival was really different in that everyone was there to die and listen to music. I'm still trying to find the Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez bit. If I can I will post. But, in the meantime, here's more of the Doors' LA Woman:
The Doors - The Changeling [Remastered] (Official Audio)
Love Her Madly (2021 Remaster)
The Doors - Music Video - L.A. Woman 1971 | HQ
The Doors - Riders on the Storm (Official Audio)

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNpncQwX7g8
View Quote
Oh that's right! There were the surf movies, and the skiing movies, and then came the skateboarding movies!  OOH, and porn became big time as well!!!!! LOL Forgot about that too. That reminds me of football in college. Myself, Francois and RRRRrrrrrreymundo 3 out of 5 linemen, would go buy a bottle each of Ivory Dish washing soap and go to the prono theater where we could squirt all over the place!! My God, I was retarded. In my defense, it was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#48]
6 days on the road
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB9bPDrjsnc
View Quote
Great call!!!!

A big shout out to the Flying Burrito Brothers who played at the NCO club when I was in Germany!! Plus another one for Freddy Fender (RIP) for also making the trek to go base after base and dealing with essentially a few actual fans, but a whole lot of morons. I hope they enjoyed playing for us or at a minimum could forgive the assholes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#49]
Originally Posted By zoinks:
Great call!!!!

A big shout out to the Flying Burrito Brothers who played at the NCO club when I was in Germany!! Plus another one for Freddy Fender (RIP) for also making the trek to go base after base and dealing with essentially a few actual fans, but a whole lot of morons. I hope they enjoyed playing for us or at a minimum could forgive the assholes.
View Quote

Was in a bar on Beaver Island in the middle of lake michigan. A "native" indian walked in & pumped 10 bucks on the juke. All Freddie Fender. We all got drunk & happy

Wasted Days And Wasted Nights
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for sharing!
I recognized the music from the late '70s The Doors. It really was a very good band even without Morrison, but they were always going to be limited no matter what they did as The Doors. You could hear it in the Morrison Hotel album. I don't know why no body grabbed the guy by the throat, squeezed to get his attention, then said, "we're going to rehab." That is easier said than done, but even though the first attempt will probably fail, there might be a second try at it. Oh well!
Page / 43
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top