Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 43
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Sandinista: the last Clash recording of the '70s. Let's Do It!!!!!!!

The Clash - The Magnificent Seven (Official Video)
The Clash - Police on My Back [Remastered] (Official Audio)
The Clash - Charlie Don't Surf (Remastered) [Official Audio]

And that's probably enough of that!!!!
It's not that the triple-disc album is horrible; some songs are interesting if you're into musicology. But, like I posted before, The Clash weren't a punk band. In this album they recorded their expanded abilities and writing, producing and recording music. On the other hand, they're not the Rolling Stones who can get away with that kind of stuff because they (Rolling Stones) were performing artists more than recording artists.

Here's a link to all 36 songs for those interested. If you're a Big Audio Dynamite fan (and why wouldn't you be) here's where it all started:
The Clash - The Magnificent Seven (Official Video)

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a communique from the National Liberation Front of Kaliforniastan. We have taken "zoinks" as a war prisoner until our demands are met, and our comrades are free from their false imprisonments.

Our first demand is that you play this song from 1981. That's right, to show the enslaved masses of the World and to your hypocrisy, you will now play music (today only, I mean, come on, let's be reasonable) by the Clash after the disastrous Sandinasta album failed to ignite World Wide revolution. Oh sure, it was more about musical expression than politics, but none the less...this is what we do; our raison d'etre, if you will and because German doesn't have a similar idiom.

The Clash - This is Radio Clash (Official Video)

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Combat Rock:
1  Know Your Rights
2  Car Jamming
3  Should I Stay or Should I Go
4  Rock the Casbah
5  Red Angel Dragnet
6  Straight to Hell

The Clash - Know Your Rights (Remastered)
The Clash - Car Jamming (Remastered)
The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go (Official Video)
The Clash - Rock the Casbah (Remastered)
The Clash - Red Angel Dragnet (Remastered)
The Clash - Straight to Hell (Official Audio)

Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:59:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#4]
We just saw how capitalists lackeys entitled the videos of our fallen Brothers thus destroying the hopes and dreams of the proletariat who produce type written titles!! And  you call  yourselves humanitarians!!! For Shame!!!!
On to the Revolution!!!!
1  Overpowered by Funk
2  Atom Tan
3  Sean Flynn
4  Ghetto Defendant
5  Inoculated City
6  Death is a Star
The Clash - Overpowered by Funk (Remastered)
The Clash - Atom Tan (Remastered)
The Clash - Ghetto Defendant (Remastered)
The Clash - Inoculated City (Remastered)
The Clash - Death is a Star (Remastered)

Capitolist stooge Edit to add: Our comrades will be free, and our Revolution will continue!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zoinks:
Allman Brothers Band recordings done at both Fillmore East and West are great live recordings. I saw the Fillmore East on youtube. We shall listen to that one later on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0En8iD2uVI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvTbR8gGrM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddm67pzoBzY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSMubgZoL58 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=typ2c8JPkLE

ETA: I forgot the song list!!! This will look bad on the performance review!!!!
1  One Way Out
2  Trouble No More
3  Stand Back
4  Blue Sky
5  Little Martha

View Quote

Blue Sky - 09-19-71, SUNY Stonybrook, Stoneybrook, New York

God bless Duane, Dickey, Gregg, & Butch
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 6:47:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#6]
Where Eagles Dare

Where Eagles Dare (Sessions Version/The Song Shop 1979)
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hbilly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJ9lnUBBDU

God bless Duane, Dickey, Gregg, & Butch
View Quote
Man, that's a long list from one band. Another listing is coming up this week. It is to be expected unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I escaped from my captors, brilliantly, if I do say so myself.
I offered to order/buy pizzas. While they were arguing the implications of half black olive slices/half chicken breast, and the chicken side having most of the garlic sauteed mushrooms, I made my way out!!! Good to be back. Let's get started!!
Let's do a week of Keyboardists! In real life, they're either saints or...just don't turn your back on them ever!! Some we've already done like Stevie Wonder and Tony Banks. Some we just got into; others we haven't touched on yet.

Let's start with Booker from Booker T. and the MGs. This is from 1971's Melting Pot.
1  Melting Pot
2  Back Home
3  Chicken Pox
4  Fuqawi

Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I've never met a human being that didn't like Booker T. and the MGs. Unfortunately, and it happens to everyone, musical tastes changed and passed them by.
1  Kinda Easy Like
2  Hi Ride
3  L.A. Jazz Song
4  Sunny Monday

Link Posted: 10/25/2022 9:36:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#10]
Today, we meet Jon Lord of Deep Purple. He was pretty good. I think he was the only founding member of Deep Purple that was there through all the personnel changes until he retired back in 2002(?). This is Machine Head.
1  Highway Star
2  Maybe I'm a Leo
3  Pictures of Home
4  Never Before

Side 2
1  Smoke on the Water
2  Lazy
3  Space Truckin'  -  Take it from me, someone who, not to harp on it, but I recently escaped from communist
                             insurgents, this is     one of the most fun songs to preform if you're on top of a wooden stage.
                             It's a blast!!!!

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 4:32:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#11]
jerry garcia & merle saunders
I second that emotion
I Second That Emotion (Live)
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 5:08:52 AM EDT
[#12]
The seventies was a great time to be alive and a great decade for music!
I really miss the fun we had in the seventies.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#13]
jerry garcia & merle saunders
I second that emotion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rKoW7SoiTU
View Quote
I bet you do, Mister!!!!

I'm glad you found this one. I can't think of a modern performer that can bring...best word I can figure on using..."joy" to a performance like Jerry Garcia or Jerry Reed could and a handful of others from this era. I can still remember that the '60s was not a life of luxury and ease as it is today. Yet, performers back then could bring, and this might be the wrong word, but it's the best I can do, a certain feeling of "joyousness" into a performance. This live recording is a perfect example of that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By insider:
The seventies was a great time to be alive and a great decade for music!
I really miss the fun we had in the seventies.
View Quote
When subnet started this thread, I didn't even pay attention to it. But, you guys are correct! It really was great for the music!
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:27:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#15]
You all remember that nice young man who played piano for the Zombies from the over side of the lake? His name sounds like a cheese brand?
1  Hold Your Head Up
2  Keep On Rollin'
3  Tragedy
4  I Am the Dance of Ages

I am unsatisfied with this posting. I shall make it better over the weekend.
Attachment Attached File

Another ETA: Go to Post 24 of this page:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Continuing our journey into Keyboarding and Keyboardists, MOAR ELP with Keith Emerson. (I figure since we're doing more Yes later on, we'll just stay away from the Rick Wakeman/Tony Kaye wars that sometimes happens. Our little family has enough going on.)
Without further adieu:
1  The Endless Enigma Part 1
2  Fugue
3  The Endless Enigma Part 2
4  From the Beginning
5  The Sheriff
6  Hoedown

Link Posted: 10/27/2022 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Next time we do ELP, I can divulge the secret meaning of that album's title. Very exciting!!! Stay tuned!!!
1  Trilogy
2  Living Sin
3  Abaddon's Bolero

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Today! Johnny Winter's kid Brother!! Edgar Winter!!!!
Somebody months ago posted "Frankenstein." Interesting story about how that song got its name. It was literally pieced together from sections of tape that they had hanging all over the studio! Great song, though. Here's the entire album.
1  Hangin' Around
2  When It Comes
3  Alta Mira
4  Free Ride
5  Undercover Man
The Edgar Winter Group - Free Ride (Audio)

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Interesting album cover, eh! If I remember the story correctly, "they" say the Winter Brothers were albinos. That's one of those things that pops into my head when I hear a Johnny or Edgar Winter song. It's like the Moon is made out of green cheese. Doesn't make any sense to me, but, eh, maybe they are. No idea.
Anyway, Edgar is back in his home state of Texas when he walks by a Father/son pair, and he can overhear them talking about him. The Father explained to his son that Edgar is an albino, and that they only come out at night when they are safe from the Sun.
1  Round & Round
2  Rock 'n' Roll Boogie Woogie Blues
3  Autumn
4  We All Had a Real Good Time
5  Frankenstein
Rock 'N' Roll Boogie Woogie Blues
We All Had a Real Good Time
Edgar Winter, The Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein (Audio)

Oh! what's this? A special message from Edgar? Let's listen:
Edgar Winter's - Brother Johnny - Album Release

I wonder if those songs that were originally recorded in the very late '60s and through the '70s for the most part could end up here?
Muah aha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha! MUAH HA Ha h aha ha ha ha ha ha!
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 5:38:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#20]
Frankenstein is the best karaoke song ever
Alex Bevan
Skinny

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#21]
For those of you that are guitarists, here's a good introduction to Allan Holdsworth for you. Probably the most Einstein like guitarist in the World when he was alive.
1  Alaska
2  Time to Kill
3  Nevermore
4  Mental Medication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jvpKtsK2Vo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ducw2Xufm0w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekygM0TGQNE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnhbCL53fzI
View Quote

Amazing, someone who actually knows about UK!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:20:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#22]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
For those of you that are guitarists, here's a good introduction to Allan Holdsworth for you. Probably the most Einstein like guitarist in the World when he was alive.
1  Alaska
2  Time to Kill
3  Nevermore
4  Mental Medication
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jvpKtsK2Vo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ducw2Xufm0w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekygM0TGQNE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnhbCL53fzI

Late '70s radio program, "Stoned Trek," was on Sunday nights 8 to Midnight on KOME, 98.5, the cum stain spot (just remembered it correctly - getting close to 50 years ago) on your dial. That's when free format FM existed for the little time in Human History it was allowed.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Frankenstein is the best karaoke song ever
Alex Bevan
Skinny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhj7rthZM1s
View Quote
Damn! that was good!
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#24]
What follows is what I should've done first regarding Argent. I opted for what was popular during the '70s instead of showcasing the Band. That was incorrect. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa!!

There's a lot about Argent that influenced a lot of musicians, other bands and song writers. I got lazy and gave them short shrift.

So here we go on a "musical journey." Hold your partner's hand as we stroll down memory lane for Argent, and please excuse the formatting of the postings:

From Argent, 1970
Like Honey
Liar
Dance in The Smoke

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:29:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#25]
Next Up -

From Ring of Hands, 1971
Celebration
Sweet Mary
Cast Your Spell Uranus
Chained
Where Are We Going Wrong

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#26]
This one should be no stranger to us:

All Together Now, 1972
Hold Your Head Up
I Am The Dance of Ages
He's A Dynamo

Argent - Hold Your Head Up (Audio)

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#27]
What's this! Musical direction is beginning to change?? Yes. This was still the second most popular Argent album. All Together now was the most popular by sales. It's a weird thing. Argent didn't sell a lot of albums, but their touring shows normally sold very well. I don't ever recall a single radio contest to give away free Argent tickets to get "asses in the seats."

In Deep, 1973
God Gave Rock and Roll to You
It's Only Money Part 1
It's Only Money Part 2
Losing Hold
Be Glad
Candles On The River
Rosie

God Gave Rock and Roll to You

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Nexus, 1974
Thunder And Lightning
Keeper of the Flame
Man for All Reasons
Gonna Meet My Maker

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#29]
So, if you  make it this far, you're realizing the musical direction is really changing, AND you would be correct. It's the end of the Band; personnel are changing, etc.

Circus, 1975
Circus
Highwire
Trapeze

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#30]
The last album of the Band!!!!!

Counterpoints, also 1975
Time
It's Fallen Off
Rock'n'Roll Show

Yes, it's a lot of Jazz Fusion as this point. That's different than the Progressive Rock they were doing just a few years back. I included it here because it's as good as what our PREMIER ALL-AMERICAN JAZZ FUSION ALL-STARS, Return To Forever, would do. (You may remember them, Return to Forever, from a few months back.)

I can tell everyone's wondering how in the World did I pick the songs I picked??? Even through the VPN i use.

Let me tell you!
I stayed away from the obvious "Zombies" sounding songs. I tried to identify the "Argent" sound and picked those songs. Also, you may here songs that remind you of Queen and other popular groups. Just remember that a lot of songs and ideas within the musical structures of various songs became hits and were incorporated into other groups. It's sort of like Argent was a Band's Band, but concert and tour dates were pretty good for them in front of audiences in a lot of parts of the World.

Rod Argent did a solo album released in 1978 that featured a lot of people like Phil Collins, Gary Moore, ahhhhhh brain just went to mush! Anyway, the point is that this 1978 release while it didn't grab the attention of the general public, many of its musical elements are found in '80s music. Plus, a number of bands and artists got rich with Argent songs. That's how it does, sometimes.

Of course, while there's more to be said, i hope you all enjoyed the music in any event.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I bet you do, Mister!!!!

I'm glad you found this one. I can't think of a modern performer that can bring...best word I can figure on using..."joy" to a performance like Jerry Garcia or Jerry Reed could and a handful of others from this era. I can still remember that the '60s was not a life of luxury and ease as it is today. Yet, performers back then could bring, and this might be the wrong word, but it's the best I can do, a certain feeling of "joyousness" into a performance. This live recording is a perfect example of that.
View Quote

Delbert McClinton was one of those guys.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#32]
TOPPOP: Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Sex & Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll

Ian Dury and The Blockheads – Reasons To Be Cheerful, Pt. 3 (Official Lyrics Video)

Really great bass line in this last one.
Ian Dury and The Blockheads – Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick (Official HD Video)
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Rory Gallagher

Rory Gallagher - Shadow Play 1979 Live Video
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Ian Drury: speaks the lead vocalist line with rhymes; music is heavy rhythm based starting I think in the mid '70s in England. Why isn't he the Father of "Rap" music??????

Damn it!! I can't find "the more you know gif!!!!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I believe we can take a day off from our endeavor to think about something.

Edgar Winter did a tribute album with some top notch people celebrating his Brother's, Johnny Winter, music.

As all of us know only too well, when we lose a Brother, even from a different Mother, it sucks pretty bad. I mean, we expect to lose our parents as they pretty much tell us that from the beginning, but when Brothers start dropping, it gets harder to keep moving in a positive direction with continued focus and drive.

When we listened to the Allman Brothers a couple of weeks ago, there was the song, "Ain't Wasting Time No More," a song  honoring Duane Allman by his Brother Gregg with two 'g's. (I still have no idea why two Gs, and it looks like I'm not letting it go.)

Edgar invited some great guitarists to play Johnny Winter songs. So, pick out your favorites, and thank God for whatever time you get with whatever Brother(s) you have.

1  Mean Town Blues
2  Alive and Well
3  Lone Star Blues
4  I'm Your and I'm Hers
5  Johnny B. Goode
6  Stranger
Mean Town Blues - Visualizer (from Brother Johnny)
Lone Star Blues - Visualizer (from Brother Johnny)
Johnny B. Goode - Visualizer (from Brother Johnny)
Stranger - Visualizer (from Brother Johnny)

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#36]
1  Highway 61 Revisited
2  Rock 'n' Roll Hoochie Koo
3  When You Tog a Good Friend
4  Jumpin' Jack Flash
5  Guess I'll Go Away
6  Drown In My Own Tears

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#37]
We had a member, Snowman in NH, lose his Daughter just last Friday. Life is Short, Brothers!
1  Self Destructive Blues
2  Memory Pain
3  Stormy Monday Blues
4  Got My Mojo Workin'
5  End of the Line

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#38]
John Hartford
All Fall Down
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#39]
John Hartford
All Fall Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvP7jNl5pJk
View Quote
This is the "Gentle on my Mind" guy! I think. That was a monster of a hit, and launched a solo career for one of the great guitarists in America, Glen Campbell.
This is one of those perfect songs:
Wichita Lineman (Remastered 2001)

I have to tell a story about growing up and listening to Country music out here in California.

This was Western Country, and the 1949 amalgamation only made the mobsters of Nashville happy. Even someone like me, born in San Francisco; father was a greaser type from the Mission, Mother a whop from the top of Potrero Hill, we listened to Western Music! You know, besides Brazil '66, Cal Tjader, Santana, Vicki Carr, Dean Martin, Herbie Hancock, and Marty Robbins!!!!

Yes, Marty Robbins. How popular was he in these parts, you may well ask? In 1959, he came out with this album:

A song from this album was always on some San Francisco Bay Area radio stations from 1959 to around '73-'74. By then, corporations were coming in buying stations to pretty much shut out certain music and musicians.

Also, we had two kinds of folk music here. There was the total shit shows of Joan Baez and like minded fools, and then we had groups like the Dead. It was pretty much country music, but no one wanted to call it country music because of the 1949 Amalgamation. Mao took over China the same year. I don't believe in coincidences.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 12:32:46 AM EDT
[#40]

The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See - 9/10/1973 - Grand Opera House (Official)
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 4:59:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#42]
This is the "Gentle on my Mind" guy! I think. That was a monster of a hit, and launched a solo career for one of the great guitarists in America, Glen Campbell.
This is one of those perfect songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8P_xTBpAcY

I have to tell a story about growing up and listening to Country music out here in California.

This was Western Country, and the 1949 amalgamation only made the mobsters of Nashville happy. Even someone like me, born in San Francisco; father was a greaser type from the Mission, Mother a whop from the top of Potrero Hill, we listened to Western Music! You know, besides Brazil '66, Cal Tjader, Santana, Vicki Carr, Dean Martin, Herbie Hancock, and Marty Robbins!!!!

Yes, Marty Robbins. How popular was he in these parts, you may well ask? In 1959, he came out with this album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzICMIu5zFY
A song from this album was always on some San Francisco Bay Area radio stations from 1959 to around '73-'74. By then, corporations were coming in buying stations to pretty much shut out certain music and musicians.

Also, we had two kinds of folk music here. There was the total shit shows of Joan Baez and like minded fools, and then we had groups like the Dead. It was pretty much country music, but no one wanted to call it country music because of the 1949 Amalgamation. Mao took over China the same year. I don't believe in coincidences.
View Quote

Marty Robbins was my dad's favorite. Blew his mind when I played him "El Paso" performed by the dead
marty robbins & jerry reed medley
Jerry Reed & Marty Robbins Medley
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 5:16:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#43]
12/4/71 Grateful Dead
You Win Again
Grateful Dead - "You Win Again" (Felt Forum, 12/4/71)
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#44]
lorazepam, hbilly, we got ourselves a groove!!!!!

I'm going to cheat a little bit. New Riders of the Purple Sage and Gerry Garcia's first band, well, some players from the first band all knew each other from playing around the Stanford University area. This was back when Stanford was known as the Indians, I think. (Later they would change to the Trees out of shame. LOL) Their cheerleaders dressed up in hollywood squaw costume of the short leather skirt, leather camisole and head band with a feather.
Hot!!!!
As a little boy, it was the best thing on TV!!! Even Miss Wrestling couldn't compete with them, and I'm pretty sure Miss Wrestlings throughout the US were all the same with huge breasts. But, I digress....

Anyway, I'm cheating. I stumbled over a video from 1969.
New Riders of the Purple Sage with The Grateful Dead - All I Ever Wanted (1969)

But, here's the Dead from 1974, so that makes the average late 1971/early 1972, so everything's cool:
Grateful Dead - Scarlet Begonias (Winterland 10/19/74) (Official Live Video)

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#45]
The style of music, Folk/Country/Rock/Jazz/Western themed, was started by a group called the Charlatans. One or two of them may still be alive. Not sure. Not too many records exist. It's one of those things you either were there, or you heard the stories of people who were there like I did.

It's hard to believe that Quicksilver Messenger Service, New Riders of the Purple Sage, It's a Beautiful Day and the like were all formed in San Francisco. But, they were!

There's not going to be a rhyme or reason for the order. I just grabbed songs as I could find them. Couldn't find the live versions of some of these. Those are pretty outstanding. You'll have to take my word for it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#47]

I'm pretty sure we all know someone or maybe a number of people who feel that they were baptized at the Grand Ole Opry. They probably were. But, as shocking as David Allen Coe's underground music was, nothing makes them get the 20 ga with rock salt out faster than these:
I Heard You Been Layin' My Old Lady
Up Against The Wall, Redneck

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#48]
So, in conclusion, what ever you may think of California, please remember it once was a better place.
Jerry Garcia on 'Pedal Steel' - NRPS 4-28-1971 'I Don't Know You'
The New Riders of the Purple Sage - Dead Flowers - 8/31/1975 - Roosevelt Stadium (Official)

and now, Guttfeld will be on soon, so I bid you all a good night!
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 6:53:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#49]
flying burrito brothers
crazy arms
Crazy Arms-Gram Parsons and Flying Burrito Brothers

Grateful Dead - "Mama Tried" - Grateful Dead 'Skull & Roses' (1971)

lefty frizzell
thats the way love goes
Lefty Frizzell - Thats The Way Love Goes
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 7:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hbilly] [#50]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obWvuUnGs-Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0_Pj1xx-mY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZXmj6KjK2I

I'm pretty sure we all know someone or maybe a number of people who feel that they were baptized at the Grand Ole Opry. They probably were. But, as shocking as David Allen Coe's underground music was, nothing makes them get the 20 ga with rock salt out faster than these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=assgCeT1gpY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lNe5-83Jc0
View Quote

NROTPS
Lonesome LA Cowboy
The New Riders of the Purple Sage - Lonesome LA Cowboy - 10/31/1975 - Capitol Theatre (Official)

"that bakersfield sound"
Page / 43
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top