Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's quite the conclusion. There's no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise pointing to the fact that the US orchestrated the uprising. There's a lot to suggest it was a grassroots uprising though.

Once again, you accuse me of what you're doing. No amount of circumstantial evidence or direct evidence will convince you that it was a grassroots uprising. You're already said as much, anything the government says is a lie, therefore the opposite is true.

Still, you assume I'm biased but my life would be a lot simpler and easier if I bought into the Russian narrative.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Progress. We went from "the government obviously did it" to "we can't know one way or the other"

I heard an interesting statistic from a lawyer, friend of mine, most people are convicted based on multiple pieces of circumstantial evidences that lead to the average person saying that is beyond a reasonable doubt, and in most cases, there is no such thing as direct evidence. What the many of you are demonstrating is there are no combination of multiple circumstantial events would lead you to saying, something happened.   Some because they are the equivalent of OJ jurors who will not allow their blackness to let them make that conclusion, and some won't make come to that conclusion unless there was a videotape of it happening and confessions

That's quite the conclusion. There's no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise pointing to the fact that the US orchestrated the uprising. There's a lot to suggest it was a grassroots uprising though.

Once again, you accuse me of what you're doing. No amount of circumstantial evidence or direct evidence will convince you that it was a grassroots uprising. You're already said as much, anything the government says is a lie, therefore the opposite is true.

Still, you assume I'm biased but my life would be a lot simpler and easier if I bought into the Russian narrative.

I don’t feel like finding it again but within the last two years, I posted a link to the open societies webpage where they discuss their involvement in the 2014 event
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can't remember what magazine I read it in, but there was an actual interview with Baker and he was asked about that very question. His words were yes it happened but they should've got it in a treaty if they really wanted us to stick to it.

I'm just a big believer in all the facts, being known, and people making their decisions based on that
View Quote

WHAT happened? Even still, it doesn't change the other points I made.

Yeah...your second statement is a departure from your "patterns" comment earlier, or are you finally understanding that basing YOUR decisions solely around making the opposite decisions of people you disagree with often is not logical?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You argued with me for pages when I said exactly what you just said.   Every time I present that argument in that way the Ukiebros have an entire litter of kittens.

You like to argue and have a highly biased slant, so do I, so that's fair, welcome to being human I guess.

BTW, our government has lied in the past, continues to lie, and it's possible we had something to do with the orange revolution.

If we didn't we fucked up badly enough that it appeared we had something to do with it, which in practical effect is the same thing.
View Quote

Uh yeah, man, that's not exactly what you said but okay, feel free to find it and prove me wrong, I'm not going to do it. It's possible I misunderstood what you meant, or more likely you did a terrible job making your own case () I do like to argue, and as I've said, my bias would actually be the opposite of what you all think.

At any rate, I never said it's impossible. Sure, it's possible- but there's a huge distinction between perhaps giving some advice to leadership within the uprising and orchestrating the whole thing...and there's a lot of people making that claim with zero evidence.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't feel like finding it again but within the last two years, I posted a link to the open societies webpage where they discuss their involvement in the 2014 event
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Progress. We went from "the government obviously did it" to "we can't know one way or the other"

I heard an interesting statistic from a lawyer, friend of mine, most people are convicted based on multiple pieces of circumstantial evidences that lead to the average person saying that is beyond a reasonable doubt, and in most cases, there is no such thing as direct evidence. What the many of you are demonstrating is there are no combination of multiple circumstantial events would lead you to saying, something happened.   Some because they are the equivalent of OJ jurors who will not allow their blackness to let them make that conclusion, and some won't make come to that conclusion unless there was a videotape of it happening and confessions

I don't feel like finding it again but within the last two years, I posted a link to the open societies webpage where they discuss their involvement in the 2014 event

Well there's a ton of info about it on the last few pages maybe you should read. I'm sure it won't change your mind though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Uh yeah, man, that's not exactly what you said but okay, feel free to find it and prove me wrong, I'm not going to do it. It's possible I misunderstood what you meant, or more likely you did a terrible job making your own case () I do like to argue, and as I've said, my bias would actually be the opposite of what you all think.

At any rate, I never said it's impossible. Sure, it's possible- but there's a huge distinction between perhaps giving some advice to leadership within the uprising and orchestrating the whole thing...and there's a lot of people making that claim with zero evidence.
View Quote
It's entirely possible that we read and "hear" what we want to hear, or we both have our heads so far up our asses that we can't hear.  

I honestly don't feel like putting forth the effort, but unless I'm off my meds I know we've had this discussion more than once over the last 2 years.

Be that as it may, I hope we get serious about Ukraine.  Stomp some Ruskies, or make a deal that provides real protection for what's left of Ukraine.  I genuinely feel like they have been abused by the west over the course of several administrations.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Be that as it may, I hope we get serious about Ukraine.  Stomp some Ruskies, or make a deal that provides real protection for what's left of Ukraine.  I genuinely feel like they have been abused by the west over the course of several administrations.
View Quote

Now this we agree on.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sure, it's possible- but there's a huge distinction between perhaps giving some advice to leadership within the uprising and orchestrating the whole thing...and there's a lot of people making that claim with zero evidence.
View Quote
The problem is, no one can live with a nuanced opinion anymore. I said 1.5 years ago if we didn't support (defined much as you stated above as advice and solidarity) the Ukrainians in their revolt against a Russian stooge president, I would be asking "why didn't we? Why did we let another country become like Belarus?" I would also add that doesn't mean we orchestrated it AT ALL or that this wouldn't have happened without our involvement. The problem is, one side will take "we stood with the Ukrainians" to mean the US is whole-heartedly responsible and STARTED this. That leads to the natural reaction from the other side to not want to acknowledge anything, because there is only black and white and nothing in between.

This was a grassroots revolt against a Russian tyrant, that the USA and a whole host of western democratic societies stood with the people putting their welfare and life on the line. The people who criticize this "support" are the ones who would also criticize usa.gov if we told the Ukrainians "stand down and accept your Russian masters".  
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The problem is, no one can live with a nuanced opinion anymore. I said 1.5 years ago if we didn't support (defined much as you stated above as advice and solidarity) the Ukrainians in their revolt against a Russian stooge president, I would be asking "why didn't we? Why did we let another country become like Belarus?" I would also add that doesn't mean we orchestrated it AT ALL or that this wouldn't have happened without our involvement. The problem is, one side will take "we stood with the Ukrainians" to mean the US is whole-heartedly responsible and STARTED this. That leads to the natural reaction from the other side to not want to acknowledge anything, because there is only black and white and nothing in between.

This was a grassroots revolt against a Russian tyrant, that the USA and a whole host of western democratic societies stood with the people putting their welfare and life on the line. The people who criticize this "support" are the ones who would also criticize usa.gov if we told the Ukrainians "stand down and accept your Russian masters".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, it's possible- but there's a huge distinction between perhaps giving some advice to leadership within the uprising and orchestrating the whole thing...and there's a lot of people making that claim with zero evidence.

Exactly this
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

As you often say context matters. The context of that decision was the Obama administration.  Of the hundreds if not thousands of foreign policy decisions they made. Can you site one that was actually was made with intent of making the United States stronger? Or was this the 1 in 1000 event, they did right?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As you often say context matters. The context of that decision was the Obama administration.  Of the hundreds if not thousands of foreign policy decisions they made. Can you site one that was actually was made with intent of making the United States stronger? Or was this the 1 in 1000 event, they did right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

That's not the context of the decision, that's the administration that was in office at the time.

I'm not going to play this game with you, it's stupid. "Obama was a dope, therefore everything he ever did was wrong, including this, prove me wrong". Nah dude, not doing it. It's tiresome and a stupid argument. Make an actual argument and we can debate.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's not the context of the decision, that's the administration that was in office at the time.

I'm not going to play this game with you, it's stupid. "Obama was a dope, therefore everything he ever did was wrong, including this, prove me wrong". Nah dude, not doing it. It's tiresome and a stupid argument. Make an actual argument and we can debate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

Not really, here is debate with someone who has such a “rose colored glasses view of life”. I’m just pointing out a fact.   Your view of life prevent you from seeing trends and making logical conclusions.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not really, here is debate with someone who has such a "rose colored glasses view of life". I'm just pointing out a fact.   Your view of life prevent you from seeing trends and making logical conclusions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

Not really, here is debate with someone who has such a "rose colored glasses view of life". I'm just pointing out a fact.   Your view of life prevent you from seeing trends and making logical conclusions.

This is not debate, this is you challenging me to sort through every decision Obama made to try to prove everything he ever did was bad. It's absurd, and I'm not going to play your ridiculous game. How about this, you made the claim, you prove everything he ever did was bad. Sort through every decision he made in office and give me a one liner as to why it's bad. Once you do that I'll concede defeat to your vastly superior intellect. You can email me if that's easier.

You're not pointing out facts, you're making weird associations (rose colored view of life you clearly know nothing about me), and now AGAIN trying to claim that patterns = facts despite the fact we covered this recently.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is not debate, this is you challenging me to sort through every decision Obama made to try to prove everything he ever did was bad. It's absurd, and I'm not going to play your ridiculous game. How about this, you made the claim, you prove everything he ever did was bad. Sort through every decision he made in office and give me a one liner as to why it's bad. Once you do that I'll concede defeat to your vastly superior intellect. You can email me if that's easier.

You're not pointing out facts, you're making weird associations (rose colored view of life you clearly know nothing about me), and now AGAIN trying to claim that patterns = facts despite the fact we covered this recently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

Like I said, rose colored glasses

It should be easy to prove me wrong list the foreign policy that was made with the intent of making the United States stronger

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Was the 2014 ouster of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych a U.S.-backed coup or was it a grassroots uprising?

I realize it could be less than clear cut, like the 1973 ouster of Salvador Allende in Chile in which the U.S. CIA participated but the Allende was also hugely unpopular. So, I guess the question is was the U.S. involved in Ukraine, and to the tipping point?

It was the point in time I became aware of Victoria Nuland.
View Quote

Watch Winter On Fire free on Netflix and get back to us..

Spoiler alert ; Ukrainian citizens put their bare bodies against sniper rifles and murderous riot police to free their country.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It should be easy to prove me wrong list the foreign policy that was made with the intent of making the United States stronger

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

It should be easy to prove me wrong, list every foreign policy decision he made and explain how it made us weaker. Including this one, be sure to actually define the decision that was too while you're at it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://y.yarn.co/7a00a46f-ea54-4aa0-aeaa-c45d5494442d_text.gif

This is literally the first time anyone has ever said this to me
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Watch Winter On Fire free on Netflix and get back to us..

Spoiler alert ; Ukrainian citizens put their bare bodies against sniper rifles and murderous riot police to free their country.
View Quote
I wonder how long Americans would have lasted in that same situation.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The patience of Saint?  No more an inability to see patterns and make logical conclusions based on the patterns
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The patience of Saint?  No more an inability to see patterns and make logical conclusions based on the patterns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not what you're doing, as I've said before, but if you're just going to repeat yourself then so am I.

It should be easy to prove me wrong, list every foreign policy decision he made and explain how it made us weaker. Including this one, be sure to actually define the decision that was too while you're at it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's not what you're doing, as I've said before, but if you're just going to repeat yourself then so am I.

View Quote

Bro he knows the metal composition of the drive band on a 155 mm arty shell. Therefore he knows everything and is all wise and knowing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are use to echo chamber, and don’t like people pointing out counter factuals

Remember when you told me “Ukrainians don’t deserve” after I posted a historical fact.  That is when I learned you are more about emotion than fact.  It is ironic when you talk about logic, when are emotionally driven.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bro he knows the metal composition of the drive band on a 155 mm arty shell. Therefore he knows everything and is all wise and knowing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well at least I am known for facts, try it instead of emotion sometime

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You guys are use to echo chamber, and don't like people pointing out counter factuals

Remember when you told me "Ukrainians don't deserve" after I posted a historical fact.  That is when I learned you are more about emotion than fact.  It is ironic when you talk about logic, when are emotionally driven.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys are use to echo chamber, and don't like people pointing out counter factuals

Remember when you told me "Ukrainians don't deserve" after I posted a historical fact.  That is when I learned you are more about emotion than fact.  It is ironic when you talk about logic, when are emotionally driven.  

What facts are you talking about? I have seen very few from you.

Remember when you claimed that because democrats said something, the opposite must be true? That is when I learned you are more about emotion than fact.  It is ironic when you talk about logic, when are emotionally driven.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the topic of artillery, sure. On other topics...not so much. You do what you claim others are doing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Remember when you claimed that because democrats said something, the opposite must be true? That is when I learned you are more about emotion than fact.  It is ironic when you talk about logic, when are emotionally driven.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am pretty sure I said “if Biden  said the sky was blue, I would walk outside and double check”

Which equates to, I double check anything he says because even obvious things are doubtful if he said it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

When one's entire "argument" is layer upon layer of strawmen, red herrings, tu quoques, false equivalencies, ad hominems, or other such points that combine to come across as some sort of junior high "informal fallacies" presentation, it seems (to me, anyway) that observer is compelled to make one of two conclusions. The first conclusion is that said poster lacks the intellect to make a sound argument. Alternatively, the second conclusion is that said poster is not arguing in good faith. If you can think of an alternative explanation, I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://y.yarn.co/74bdecdd-8738-410b-9c89-a1f66f346adc_text.gif

Wow, an echo chamber of an echo chamber

Maybe as an American you should have an American flag up and not that of two other nations, but that is just me I put America first.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually really simple. You two look at the same thing from completely opposite ends of the evaluation spectrum. Both have merit.

Your position has consistently been, "Has this made things worse for US?" to which your answer is "No."

His has consistently been, "Has this made things better for the US?", to which his answer is "No."

Then you list examples of things turning out well, and he lists examples of things turning out poorly.

Then we're all subjected to you two having a dick measuring contest over who is more right. Nothing has changed in the 2ish years you both have been going at this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I am pretty sure I said "if Biden  said the sky was blue, I would walk outside and double check"

Which equates to, I double check anything he says because even obvious things are doubtful if he said it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am pretty sure I said "if Biden  said the sky was blue, I would walk outside and double check"

And I'm pretty sure in addition to that you've actually made the claim that my position is wrong because it happens to coincide with the idiotic left. No, actually, I'm not pretty sure. I'm 100% sure. Nevermind that I reached these conclusions without any input from the POTATUS.

For someone that claims they make logical decisions, you bring a LOT of feelings based illogical arguments to the table, ones you refuse to back up with any facts whatsoever.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

On the topic of artillery, sure. On other topics...not so much. You do what you claim others are doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you literally use nothing but SJW tactics in every post.
It's all about feels with you.
Facts don't care about your feelings
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And I'm pretty sure in addition to that you've actually made the claim that my position is wrong because it happens to coincide with the idiotic left. No, actually, I'm not pretty sure. I'm 100% sure. Nevermind that I reached these conclusions without any input from the POTATUS.

For someone that claims they make logical decisions, you bring a LOT of feelings based illogical arguments to the table, ones you refuse to back up with any facts whatsoever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What policy of President Biden put forward that actually put the U.S. in a better strategic position?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When one's entire "argument" is layer upon layer of strawmen, red herrings, tu quoques, false equivalencies, ad hominems, or other such points that combine to come across as some sort of junior high "informal fallacies" presentation, it seems (to me, anyway) that observer is compelled to make one of two conclusions. The first conclusion is that said poster lacks the intellect to make a sound argument. Alternatively, the second conclusion is that said poster is not arguing in good faith. If you can think of an alternative explanation, I'm all ears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

No you're right on, and I've said as much. I know without a doubt he is smart, therefore the only real option is that he's not arguing in good faith. See his "echo chamber" comment above- nevermind the fact that XD and I can argue and disagree and remain civil, with no name calling, and have an actual discussion (which I'm grateful for) and perhaps not agree on everything, yet still share differing opinions in good faith.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe as an American you should have an American flag up and not that of two other nations, but that is just me I put America first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weak ron.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every fact I've posted you've ignored, meanwhile you make up your own false ones. You continually make this nonsense SJW claim then go on to comepletely fabricate your own "facts". Try harder.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No you're right on, and I've said as much. I know without a doubt he is smart, therefore the only real option is that he's not arguing in good faith. See his "echo chamber" comment above- nevermind the fact that XD and I can argue and disagree and remain civil, with no name calling, and have an actual discussion (which I'm grateful for) and perhaps not agree on everything, yet still share differing opinions in good faith.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

When someone tells me, “you have no right to say that” When I post  a historical fact, it takes a lot for me to ever take them serious again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Weak ron.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Telling, you think it is weak to put your country first.  

Weak ron.

Telling, you think it is weak to put your country first
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What policy of President Biden put forward that actually put the U.S. in a better strategic position?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus, here we go again. I didn't play the Obama game with you and now you're trying to play the same bullshit with Biden.

I'll play for a second though- Does the fact that our 2nd biggest enemy is now severely less capable put the US in a better strategic position?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

When someone tells me, "you have no right to say that" When I post  a historical fact, it takes a lot for me to ever take them serious again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this

When someone tells me, "you have no right to say that" When I post  a historical fact, it takes a lot for me to ever take them serious again.

I literally have never said that before so when someone tells me that I said "you have no right to say that" when I never did then it takes a lot for me to ever take them serious again.

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Telling, you think it is weak to put your country first.  

Weak ron.

Be better Ron. You're argument with him is weak, not putting America first. First you use dead Marines to try to claim you have special insight, then you claim other's opinions are invalid because of flags in a bio, then you deliberately misstate my comment.

There was a point I respected you even if I disagreed with you, but that's fading fast.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Jesus, here we go again. I didn't play the Obama game with you and now you're trying to play the same bullshit with Biden.

I'll play for a second though- Does the fact that our 2nd biggest enemy is now severely less capable put the US in a better strategic position?
View Quote

I said strategic, which means in the grand scheme of things, those actions have made us weaker startehic position compared to our primary enemy
rategic position compared to our primary enemy

Because strategic means way and means, your position is borrowing money to affect that change has put us in a better position? Don’t most empires fall because of the debasing of the currency?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I literally have never said that before so when someone tells me that I said "you have no right to say that" when I never did then it takes a lot for me to ever take them serious again.

View Quote

this is, we’re having a photographic memory is kind of is important. The topic of the discussion that led to you saying that was people justifying Joseph Stalin and his persecution of the Ukrainians. I simply pointed out that Stalin was not a Russian, and that it was very Soviet of him doing that not just a Russian thing.

This is actually the second time you’ve denied doing that. The first time after you realize you had done that you said it was very woman like for me to have remembered you doing it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I said strategic, which means in the grand scheme of things, those actions have made us weaker startehic position compared to our primary enemy

Because strategic means way and means, your position is borrowing money to affect that change has put us in a better position? Don't most empires fall because of the debasing of the currency?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because strategic means way and means, your position is borrowing money to affect that change has put us in a better position? Don't most empires fall because of the debasing of the currency?

Yes, strategic. I understand what that means. I'm not going to answer your loaded question, instead I'll state this:

Weakening our 2nd most dangerous enemy is a good thing, not only for that simple reason but also because our primary enemy is watching our reaction. You can disagree, thats fine, but my position is not unreasonable.

Once AGAIN, if you're concern was money you'd be making a much bigger stink over the TRILLIONS spent on covid, the 50 billion we spend EVERY YEAR on foreign aid, and less so on 75bln for Ukraine over the last 2 years.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

this is, we're having a photographic memory is kind of is important. The topic of the discussion that led to you saying that was people justifying Joseph Stalin and his persecution of the Ukrainians. I simply pointed out that Stalin was not a Russian, and that it was very Soviet of him doing that not just a Russian thing.

This is actually the second time you've denied doing that. The first time after you realize you had done that you said it was very woman like for me to have remembered you doing it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is, we're having a photographic memory is kind of is important. The topic of the discussion that led to you saying that was people justifying Joseph Stalin and his persecution of the Ukrainians. I simply pointed out that Stalin was not a Russian, and that it was very Soviet of him doing that not just a Russian thing.

This is actually the second time you've denied doing that. The first time after you realize you had done that you said it was very woman like for me to have remembered you doing it.

I never said you "have no right to say that" I may have said you have no right to tell Ukrainians they shouldn't hate Russians for the holodomor though. There's some important context there that you left out.

The fact that you have a photographic memory only makes your subtle twisting of statements and omission of context all the more telling.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that better for you?

I will let you get back to being a know it all now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ron doesn't know everything (because he is human like me, you, and everyone else) but he is spot on with artillery. He can be wrong but he's a good asset to have around.

Why don't we just let this one go guys?

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
you mean the ones from Baker who said it did happen, but since it wasn’t in the actual treaty, it didn’t matter?
View Quote

You keep pushing this but the reality is the Russian leadership at the time thought otherwise.

Putin is revising his own country's understanding of the talks to justify an invasion. His people weren't even there.

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This was a grassroots revolt against a Russian tyrant,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
This was a grassroots revolt against a Russian tyrant,

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the protesters didn't cause Yanukovych to flee. It was the arrest warrant issued for "mass murder of peaceful citizens". The protests did get ugly, but only after the police shot and killed many peaceful protesters. Yanukovych had to flee to Russia because he was a wanted fugitive in Ukraine.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top