BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread proves the SJW cancer is in full force here. Can't you guys fuck off back to your safe spaces instead of pretending to be conservatives?

Unfortunately the left has been pretty successful at destroying the boy scouts. This was the final nail in the coffin.
View Quote
No kidding.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]
My nephew's troop folded, when they heard rumors that it was going to happen.

I think the majority transferred to the Royal Rangers or something similar.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was an Eagle Scout.  I have two girls.  I would gladly join a girl's version of Boy Scouts when I get older.  What won't happen is my daughter's on campouts with boys without me.
View Quote
You obviously don't know my nephew...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm still confused how people think this is an attack on masculinity. Can someone explain how teaching good moral values and outdoor skills equates to boys only, and including females (who already hold many leadership roles in the organization) will somehow taint males?

Are girls only good enough for yoga pants and valley girl lingo? Do people think this is leading towards co-ed showers and men wearing lipstick? What is the real concern here?

Honestly, no one is making any arguments beyond "Girls have cooties and are icky".

I honestly think some people here think boys turn into girls purely by proximity to females. What the fuck happens when our *gasp* boys go to public schools filled with girls who have no business near our man child?

Has anyone opposed actually read into whats going on? What valid arguments can anyone make to not include females that doesn't preclude some horrendous parenting by the parents involved?
View Quote
Why did BSA keep girls out in the past? Were they all just a bunch of knuckle dragging, closeted gays who thought girls had cooties?
Was the lady who started girls scouts a bigot, or was she just left with no choice because of pervasive cooties mythology that plagued our retarded ancestors?

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:15:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  This is full blown Marxism.  Mandatory dildos in every ass.  Bullets behind the ear and bodies being rolled into ditches.
The new BSA will make North Korea look like a bible study group.
View Quote
lol..
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lol..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  This is full blown Marxism.  Mandatory dildos in every ass.  Bullets behind the ear and bodies being rolled into ditches.
The new BSA will make North Korea look like a bible study group.
lol..
Ok, that made me laugh
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you don't understand that, then you're in the wrong thread.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You know damn well that that's not what they mean by "Be Prepared".  People like you are the problem, the cancer, the infection, ailing Scouting.  Damn progressives, tearing the whole thing down, or their useful idiots, who willingly go along because it makes them seem "up with the times".  Sometimes what is contemporary, what is modern, is what is wrong. 

Scouting is ideally about turning boys into men capable of leading; producing men who are a part of the workings of their communities and country; about producing moral, God-fearing, upstanding men; and producing men who have a variety of skills of use in the outdoors, especially in the context of the older style of military scouting practiced by men like Burnham and utilized by commanders like Baden-Powell. 

The shift away from its mission began during the Vietnam Era, when American Boy Scouting started to reject and move away from its martial roots; it's been downhill from there, although it has really accelerated in the last decade or so, with the acceptance of gays, trannies, and now girls, the watering down of the moral component of Scouting, and the watering down of the Eagle Scout and even the merit badges (the heavy involvement of moms can play a role in this at the troop level).  Even High Adventure has taken a hit in some councils.  My troop's council doesn't even do High Adventure anymore.

People like you are helping transform Scouts into something to be shunned, not embraced, and into something that has greatly diminished utility.  You are the enemy within, as are a couple of others who have posted so far.  It is disgusting and dishonourable.  For some, the words "On my honour" must ring rather hollow.  Just words from a bygone era to be discarded in our new progressive age.  It's downright sickening to observe.
View Quote
So true....
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Lets gays into scouts...enrollment numbers go down

Lets trans into scouts...enrollment numbers continue to drop

What can we do to fix this? Double down on stupid SJW bullshit...everyone can join boyscouts!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I liked hanging out in the woods at night with girls when I was younger.

You damn sure ain't gonna find me sending my daughter to sleep in a tent with a bunch of teenage dudes.
View Quote
Yes, basically this.

Nothing against the ladies but this kills all sorts of potential trips.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, basically this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked hanging out in the woods at night with girls when I was younger.

You damn sure ain't gonna find me sending my daughter to sleep in a tent with a bunch of teenage dudes.
Yes, basically this.

You're meant to be the greatest nation on earth, clearly that doesn't mean the smartest.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:28:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You're meant to be the greatest nation on earth, clearly that doesn't mean the smartest.
View Quote
Alright, who let the Kiwi in?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:08:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, at least the pedophiles won't all have to be gay now... so there's your silver lining.

New names?
Scouts of America
'Merica Scouts
Kid Scouts
Youth Scouts

Yeah... what's the point of Girl Scouts?
My son graduated Cubs/Weblos last year. I did about 8 years of cub scouts between my two sons and I can say this much.... the kids in cub scouts are all weird and have awkward social skills.
Go ahead and judge me but I hated most of that 8 years of scouts. I think the only enjoyable things were the car races, which was debatable as well. I'm glad to be free of it. Parents were hit or miss most were in it to get rid of their kids for an hour or so. The kids were all behaviorly challenged. None of them ever really took it serious or had any price in what they were doing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some have mentioned the LDS (Mormons) leaving.  Well, the LDS have announced that they will be phasing out the Varsity program from the LDS Youth program, but for the time being they are still keeping the BSA program for LDS boys aged 12-14.

My impression is that, over the next 3-5 years, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will begin phasing out the BSA program for the younger boys as well.

In short:  The LDS Church isn't out of the BSA yet, but it looks like the writing is on the wall and the days of LDS participation are numbered.  This is probably a factor in the BSA expanding their recruitment efforts.
View Quote
Oh, man...somewhere out there is an 11-year old Mormon girl whose parents are already gassing up the minivan and setting up a schedule/timetable to ensure their daughter is the first female Eagle Scout.  That poor, poor girl.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:24:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll tell you if you can explain to the others how male & female scouts can sleep in separate tents on a hike, and there are leaders to stop any fornication...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Someone PLEASE make it stop!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:29:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll tell you if you can explain to the others how male & female scouts can sleep in separate tents on a hike, and there are leaders to stop any fornication...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it really matter much? Kids are going to bang anyway, sneaking around at summer camp has been a thing since summer camp has existed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#18]
When are the 'tards going to make it illegal in America to wear a dress?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a couple kids grow up next to me, they both became eagle scouts and one of them went on to become a U.S. Army Sniper.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#20]
It was inevitable.  BSA has been going downhill ever since they moved away from the paramilitary culture.

Just my opinion.

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Its pretty baffling why they'd do this. There are numerous examples that caving to pressure from leftist groups does groups like theirs no good, including, I believe, their own caving to various pressures.

The timing is pretty bad, too. IMO, we're at the beginning of a time when things like normalcy and gender roles are going to be coming back, not receding, as SJWism is on the decline and increasingly an object of ridicule. They should have tried to get out in front of that if they need people, rather than placating leftist douchebags.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Yup, that was the beginning of the decline, but it went downhill very slowly.  It didn't start to really pick up pace until I was pretty much at Eagle.  As an adult leader it was amazing to me how fast it went.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#23]
They fucking missed the mark on this one!  IMHO just start a new program for those that want to combine the sexes and leave the Boy Scouts intact. Maybe call the new division
the Youth Scouts and let the parents and kids decide.  How many boys in Girl Scouts?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought your motorcycle just blew up.
View Quote
I'm not going to lie, I did too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the U.S. Army?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm still confused how people think this is an attack on masculinity. Can someone explain how teaching good moral values and outdoor skills equates to boys only, and including females (who already hold many leadership roles in the organization) will somehow taint males?

Are girls only good enough for yoga pants and valley girl lingo? Do people think this is leading towards co-ed showers and men wearing lipstick? What is the real concern here?

Honestly, no one is making any arguments beyond "Girls have cooties and are icky".

I honestly think some people here think boys turn into girls purely by proximity to females. What the fuck happens when our *gasp* boys go to public schools filled with girls who have no business near our man child?

Has anyone opposed actually read into whats going on? What valid arguments can anyone make to not include females that doesn't preclude some horrendous parenting by the parents involved?
View Quote
Why must every traditional institution be undermined by progressiveness?  

The inclusion of women always feminizes an institution as you will now have to cater to their interests (yes, boys and girls are different).  You cite the feminized public schools as an example of success? They are overwhelmingly producing man children, not men.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
The problem is not having boys and girls work side by side on Scout stuff.  And despite the humorous comments, the problem is not boys and girls sneaking off to fuck during campouts.

The problem is that in the USA of 2017 A.D., masculinity is under serious attack, and when you invite girls into Cub Scout Packs and Boy Scout Troops then you are inviting in a whole host of female-dominated SJW "equality" issues that exacerbates that attack.  The biggest issues are these:

1.  Moms have problems letting boys be boys.  What men understand as "youthful exuberance," moms see as "chaos, out-of-control behavior, etc."  Boys are active, boys like to be loud and run around, and most of all boys learn by trying, failing, trying, failing, trying, getting it right.  That is what makes American culture so innovative and original.  Females, by and large, tend to be more orderly and follow-the-manual-precisely.  So bringing moms to help run meetings, having moms on campouts, etc. cuts down on the "let boys be boys" time.  We're seeing this in government schools (as another poster mentioned above) and it is BAD for our society.

2.  Standards WILL weaken, for two reasons.  

First, women generally are more about "did everyone feel included" than "did we get results."  Once enough Little Suzies fall out of the Mile Swim test, their moms will petition to have it made into a Half-Mile Swim because "a mile is just too hard, it's not faaaaiiiiirrrrr."  Woe unto the Scoutmaster who tells Suzie's Smother-Mother, "then go back to Girl Scouts. You knew it was a Mile Swim when you joined."  Same with the 50-miler patch.  

Second, the "non-legacy families" that BSA is so desperate to recruit (these are families with no prior history in Scouting and thus no prioer experience with it) won't completely understand why some standards are what they are. So, with their "the customer is always right" mentality, they will start petitioning for change at some point.  "Why does the Scout Law say 'reverent?' That's pushing religion on us.  Change it!"  Or, "Why doesn't the Scout Oath say anything about diversity, inclusivity, or social justice?  Change it!"  And BSA will, which will doom it to die.

3.  Moms do not know how to teach boys to be men.  They just don't.  They don't understand what it is to be a man any more than men understand how it feels to menstruate or be pregnant. We are seeing the results of single moms raising boys in our society today, and it is BAD.  Moms (especially today) treat boys like defective girls instead of letting them be boys.  Bringing girls into Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts will ruin Scouting's good effects on boys.

NOTE:  Do not point at Venture Scouting as "well, it can be done successfully."  Venture Scouting is completely different from Cub Scouting and Boy Scouting. They are older, they are focused on high adventure instead of rank and merit badge achievement, they have a very different mission.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#28]
A bit off topic..........well not really........but can someone please explain to me how or why the dumbass 'tards can REMOTELY think how I could POSSIBLY think I am the same gender as this person???????

An RDak look a like:

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The problem is not having boys and girls work side by side on Scout stuff.  And despite the humorous comments, the problem is not boys and girls sneaking off to fuck during campouts.

The problem is that in the USA of 2017 A.D., masculinity is under serious attack, and when you invite girls into Cub Scout Packs and Boy Scout Troops then you are inviting in a whole host of female-dominated SJW "equality" issues that exacerbates that attack.  The biggest issues are these:

1.  Moms have problems letting boys be boys.  What men understand as "youthful exuberance," moms see as "chaos, out-of-control behavior, etc."  Boys are active, boys like to be loud and run around, and most of all boys learn by trying, failing, trying, failing, trying, getting it right.  That is what makes American culture so innovative and original.  Females, by and large, tend to be more orderly and follow-the-manual-precisely.  So bringing moms to help run meetings, having moms on campouts, etc. cuts down on the "let boys be boys" time.  We're seeing this in government schools (as another poster mentioned above) and it is BAD for our society.

First, women generally are more about "did everyone feel included" than "did we get results."  Once enough Little Suzies fall out of the Mile Swim test, their moms will petition to have it made into a Half-Mile Swim because "a mile is just too hard, it's not faaaaiiiiirrrrr."  Woe unto the Scoutmaster who tells Suzie's Smother-Mother, "then go back to Girl Scouts. You knew it was a Mile Swim when you joined."  Same with the 50-miler patch.  

Second, the "non-legacy families" that BSA is so desperate to recruit (these are families with no prior history in Scouting and thus no prioer experience with it) won't completely understand why some standards are what they are. So, with their "the customer is always right" mentality, they will start petitioning for change at some point.  "Why does the Scout Law say 'reverent?' That's pushing religion on us.  Change it!"  Or, "Why doesn't the Scout Oath say anything about diversity, inclusivity, or social justice?  Change it!"  And BSA will, which will doom it to die.

3.  Moms do not know how to teach boys to be men.  They just don't.  They don't understand what it is to be a man any more than men understand how it feels to menstruate or be pregnant. We are seeing the results of single moms raising boys in our society today, and it is BAD.  Moms (especially today) treat boys like defective girls instead of letting them be boys.  Bringing girls into Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts will ruin Scouting's good effects on boys.

NOTE:  Do not point at Venture Scouting as "well, it can be done successfully."  Venture Scouting is completely different from Cub Scouting and Boy Scouting. They are older, they are focused on high adventure instead of rank and merit badge achievement, they have a very different mission.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have see all of these happen in Civil Air Patrol and it is not pretty.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just wait until some 50 year old dude self identifies as a 12 year old girl.
View Quote
Too late.

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Whatever reason would the progressive left have for working for years to destroy this?

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wgvu/files/201509/boy_scout_salute.jpg
View Quote
Boy scouts are racist Nazis. Don't you pay attention?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just wait until some 50 year old dude self identifies as a 12 year old girl.
Too late.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/11/15/2F47E99A00000578-3356084-image-a-6_1449847692374.jpg
The next poster queen for the BSA eagle scout program.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#33]
There is a program already that exist for girls and its called the girls scouts.

Not sure what the real purposes is but I don't expect to see any females in the troop i'm in
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Who will be the first to earn her BJ badge?

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Who will be the first to earn her BJ badge?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ShowyIncredibleGrayling-max-1mb.gif
View Quote
Let me change that image I posted first to this.............
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#36]
This is just part of the wider attack on our culture.  The Left has always thought of Boy Scouts as a paramilitary organization that promotes/promoted the values they find abhorrent and racist.

I see it as the same as schools doing away with Halloween (now the Autumn festival) and Christmas (now the Winter festival) because of Muslims and others.

If they really cared about programming, they would focus on making the Girl Scouts a more viable organization, instead of feminizing the Boys Scouts (and that is exactly what will happen).  Wonder how long the shooting sports will be in the Boy Scouts once the women start whining about safety and not wanting to be seen as hostile?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Women have been in scout leadership right from the start, my grandmother was during WW2 whilst my grandfather was in service.
View Quote
Not surprised, with the men involved in the war effort whether at home or abroad. The women of that era knew enough that letting their boys go on to become men was not a problem.

Edit: spelling
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Women have been in scout leadership right from the start, my grandmother was during WW2 whilst my grandfather was in service.
View Quote
do you really think your grandmother is the same kind of woman as today's third-wave feminists?  

do you understand the difference between a married woman of your grandmother's era and a "strong single mother who has no need for a man" today?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#39]
So this isn't a Weinstein thread then?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
This, all of this.

Also, for those that still don't get it, Cub Scouts are not the same thing as Boy Scouts. 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Popcorn selling just started up. Talk about a bad time to do this.  Lots of kids use the sales of it to pay for camp equip, fees,uniform stuff, travel costs.  Ive heard from others who are out selling now that they are getting lots of shit for this and very little sales/donations.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why did BSA keep girls out in the past? Were they all just a bunch of knuckle dragging, closeted gays who thought girls had cooties?
Was the lady who started girls scouts a bigot, or was she just left with no choice because of pervasive cooties mythology that plagued our retarded ancestors?

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.
View Quote
The lady who started Girl Scouts was Juliette Gordon Low.  She was asked by Baden-Powell to start a US equivalent to the British Girl Guides.  Gordon Low knew Lord and Lady Baden Powell because her husband was also wealthy British aristocracy.  Gordon Low's father was a Confederate officer during the Civil War and a US Army general during the Spanish-American War and her family were friends with Gen. Sherman.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#45]
LOL at the "but the dens/troops will be segregated and boys and girls will not mix." That will last like a year, then BSA will do full on inclusion. The first lawsuit, and they will cave.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Can anyone thing of problems at jamboree's, camp outs and week long stays at camp ?....holy shit talking about unintended consequences !!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sorry, bullshit.  Let kids interact with each other.  Their gender identity will, for the most part, take care of itself.

Ever heard of a "Tomboy"  They tend to take care of themselves, and tend to turn into out·ra·geous·ly hot chicks that you could only dream of.

Don't be a fag, let the chicks in.
View Quote
This kind of ad hominem attack tells me all I need to know about your character.  

So how many years have you spent as a Boy or Girl Scout volunteer?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
that's a problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can anyone come up with a good reason to not include females that doesn't include fear of transgenders or cooties? Half our den leaders in Cub scouts are moms.
that's a problem.
When I was a Cub Scout nearly half a century ago, the Pack was run by fathers, and the Dens by mothers.  All den leaders were "Den Mothers" also known as stay-at-home-moms until Webelos, when we transitioned to male adult leaders.  

Regarding World War II, I was not aware that there were female Scoutmasters during the war.  I knew WWII-era Scouts and Scoutmasters, and the Scoutmasters were usually either very young (men who hadn't been drafted yet) or 4Fs or wounded vets who had been discharged.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, at least I can say that I earned my eagle when it still might have meant something.

Whose with me on the notion that they will lower the standards?

I haven't read the whole thread but most of the time around the campfire without the leaders present the whole conversation revolved around girls, boobs, and what we wanted to do with them. As another on this page already mentioned, the woods can be a vast place for all sorts of grab ass.

Not sure why the Boy Scouts have to pick up the Girls Scouts failure on this. If they wanted something with the prestige of the rank of Eagle they had the opportunity and missed it.
View Quote
They have it, it's called the Gold Award.  It seems to be less important than Eagle because so few girls stay in Girl Scouts long enough to get the award (at around age 17).  For example, almost every former First Lady is a Girl Scout alum, but none are Gold Award members from what I can determine.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top