BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have used nod's.  When using them I wouldn't use non-nod settings.  And I really wouldn't want a button that could be accidentally hit that would make it non-nod.
View Quote

Well shit. You think they'll refund everyone who bought an exps3 with the stupid button like they did for the batteries and delamination on the old ones
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like another good on paper SIG concept. Give it time. It'll fuck up when you need it most. And then, assuming you survive the fuck up, good luck getting them to repair/replace.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why the careful wording assembled in USA? I can’t find anywhere on their site that it even says assembled in USA, please cite.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why the careful wording assembled in USA? I can’t find anywhere on their site that it even says assembled in USA, please cite.  

It’s on the box. You been living under a rock? Sig electro optics division and manufacturing is based out of Wilsonville, Oregon.

Quoted:
You getting paid for this?  Because this has that greasy feeling like when a sponsored shooter starts talking to you about how great Swamp Fox optics are.

No, I’m not getting paid. Sig doesn’t even know who I am. Sure wish I was getting paid. You one of those EOTech bros? EOTech paying you?

Quoted:
all of those components are made in china.

Prove it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
all of those components are made in china. hard pass.
View Quote

It is maybe a US machined body and unknown glass, but it will have holosun/chyna internals for sure.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is maybe a US machined body and unknown glass, but it will have holosun/chyna internals for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
all of those components are made in china. hard pass.

That's my bet too - notice from OP's pic that it's Assembled in USA, not Made in USA.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IPX8 rated....hard pass.
View Quote

@BB

Both Sig Romeo 4T and the 8T are water proof/submersible to 20 meters.

The EOTech EXPS2 is submersible up to 10 feet and the EXPS3 is up to 33’.

Again, the Romeo 8T beats the EXPS3. Like I have said, the 8 is a better optic than the EXPS3 for all the reasons I have listed above.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NV comparison?

View Quote

This. Curious.

The reason I love the xps3 is because it is by far the best passive NV optic. Huge window, easy to pick up reticle, clear, clear optics.

I’ve tried them all and it’s the best for me. Curious how this one does.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Sure are a lot of "knocks it out of the parks", "doesn't matter to me's" and "prove me wrongs". No thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. Curious.

The reason I love the xps3 is because it is by far the best passive NV optic. Huge window, easy to pick up reticle, clear, clear optics.

I've tried them all and it's the best for me. Curious how this one does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NV comparison?

This. Curious.

I've tried them all and it's the best for me. Curious how this one does.
What do you want compared? I had both at one point - kept the 8T. I have it on my Virtus tacops and have used it on my ACR.

I know OP is getting slammed, but it's my favorite optic now. No issues at all. Looking at buying another.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What do you want compared? I had both at one point - kept the 8T. I have it on my Virtus tacops and have used it on my ACR.

I know OP is getting slammed, but it's my favorite optic now. No issues at all. Looking at buying another.
View Quote

Xps3 compared to the 8t in regards to passive NVG usage.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Lmao
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I have an EOTech EXP3-300 for my DD M4 PDW.
Great optics.
Dogshit controls.
Just two buttons that you have to press to increase or decrease brightness.
Yea just watch me fiddle with the button in the middle of the night when some POS breaks in.
"Hold on, dude. Lemme fix my brightness here for a second.."

On the other hand my Trijicon MRO has a knob with preset brightness levels that you turn once and done.
Too bad the MRO DOES have parallax issues, but if you have a good cheek weld, its not that bad.

Oh forgot. The Romeo?

Pass.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It’s on the box. You been living under a rock? Sig electro optics division and manufacturing is based out of Wilsonville, Oregon.

https://i.ibb.co/t2CdPQ2/11688-FF9-85-F6-43-A2-85-B0-C2-F33810-B908.jpg

No, I’m not getting paid. Sig doesn’t even know who I am. Sure wish I was getting paid. You one of those EOTech bros? EOTech paying you?

Prove it.
View Quote

Pretty sure the only place to get those LED emitters right now is China.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#15]
T2 master race.

And no, the compM5 is not better than the T2. The battery compartment placement is a liability.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Xps3 compared to the 8t in regards to passive NVG usage.
View Quote
I mean, I don't have the xps3 anymore, otherwise I'd try and do some pics tonight, but in my case Ive had no issues using the 8t passively. I'll admit though I don't shoot passive much. Maybe 3 or 4 mags and that's it. I'm more partial to active usage.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#17]
GD optics thread
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
GD optics thread
View Quote
Most optics will do well from the trunk to shooting bench.

Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This. Curious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NV comparison?

This. Curious.

Under NV, the Romeo 8T works just as well as the EXPS3. If not slightly better. Great light transmission. Reticle is even more clear that the EOTech for me. The sight window of the Romeo 8T at 38mm is larger than the EXPS3. Zero complaints.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD optics thread

Painfully accurate.

OP, I'm glad that the SIG optic is working well for you. I hope it continues to, making more competition for other manufacturers. My experiences have shaped my decisions to not buy anything SIG or a variety of reasons that are irrelevant. That doesn't mean I won't in the future or that I want them to fail. To the contrary, I want everyone to step up their game.

A large lense optic similar to the SIGand EOTech two with the following features is what I want everyone to compete to produce:
Long battery life
Zero parallax, or effectively zero
NVG friendly controls
Clear, crisp image and reticle
Durable and waterproof, no cold shifts, no delaminations
Made entirely in the USA - not just assembled. I know that some parts aren't produced domestically...someone needs to start making them. It is a national security issue.

Price needs to be around $1k range, perhaps slightly more will be necessary. This shouldn't be an issue as the crowd who needs this type of optic has the money to spend. So does Uncle Sugar. As for inflated costs associated with domestic parts production: those parts will be highly desirable across many industries. What better way to future proof and guarantee income despite whatever national or international climate may occur than to diversify from simply being a gun and optics company to also pulling dollars from consumers, electronics companies and (directly, indirectly, or both) .mil contracts?

Someone will come along and say "well that is a huge capital outlay that will never happen just to produce optics!" and they're correct. That doesn't change my opinion - it is the direction I would go to produce the best product and future proof a firearms or optics company assuming one cared to do so. JMHO.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Under NV, the Romeo 8T works just as well as the EXPS3. If not slightly better. Great light transmission. Reticle is even more clear that the EOTech for me. The sight window of the Romeo 8T at 38mm is larger than the EXPS3. Zero complaints.
View Quote

Hrrrrm. Sounds like I need to get one and try it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#22]
The closest loaded weapon to me as I type has an EXPS3-4 on it for a reason not articulated in the comparison - night vision clarity. I haven't seen any red dot that compares and I doubt I ever will because of the limitations of the technology compared to a holographic sight.

You also should compare them, particularly the multiple dot EoTech reticles, through a magnifier. Then do the same thing at night.

But we probably have different uses in mind.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#23]
"Assembled in USA".

So Sig slaps their sticker over the holosun emblem and puts it in packaging?
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

@tranzformer  Where are you seeing this?
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
"Assembled in USA".

View Quote

Yes. Like all of Sigs optics
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck Sig, Ron, their electro optics and their most shitty customer service with a rusty barbed wire wrapped bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like another good on paper SIG concept. Give it time. It'll fuck up when you need it most. And then, assuming you survive the fuck up, good luck getting them to repair/replace.
View Quote

It really seems like you've NEVER called or dealt with Sig customer service.  Couldn't be more wrong
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@BB, it is on the Sig Optics website. Here is the screenshot of the Romeo 4T.  I remember reading that the 8T was also the same submersible to 20 meters. I don't see that currently on their 8T description. I will see if I can find that again.

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Assembled in USA".

That is incorrect. Sig Sauer's Wilsonville, Oregon facility is a manufacturing facility. They actually do assembly a few models of optics at this location with American labor. Yes, they do source some of the parts internationally. If you read interviews with Sig higher ups, their plan is to start brining even the manufacture of those small electronics parts into the USA. They are doing this step by step to the point that they have their own USA based supply chain.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#30]
My trs25 is just as gud as a romeo5

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lmao
View Quote

You've been wrong several times in these threads. Your bias shows. People that can choose whatever they want, after extensive testing and a budget that no one can match, are choosing what you "laugh" at.

You're doing good though. Keep at it, bro!
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like I should get Rome 8T.

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The closest loaded weapon to me as I type has an EXPS3-4 on it for a reason not articulated in the comparison - night vision clarity. I haven't seen any red dot that compares and I doubt I ever will because of the limitations of the technology compared to a holographic sight.

You also should compare them, particularly the multiple dot EoTech reticles, through a magnifier. Then do the same thing at night.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

@BlackTuono

The closest loaded weapon I got is this thing. I like to shoot things at night. And it does just fine as my NV setup with the Romeo 8T. Actually does a better job than the optic I previously had on this, a EXPS3. I’m not some brand whore or slut. I like stuff that works and works well and this Romeo 8T does things better than the EOTech in 2021.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hrrrrm. Sounds like I need to get one and try it.

That’s the only way to know for sure.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:46:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Tell us where the parts are actually made though......

Hint: they're not making circuit boards and diodes in OR......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the Sig is assembled in Oregon, USA. No worry about CHYNA optic.

Tell us where the parts are actually made though......

Hint: they're not making circuit boards and diodes in OR......

What he asked.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/FSM4rVk.png

@BB, it is on the Sig Optics website. Here is the screenshot of the Romeo 4T.  I remember reading that the 8T was also the same submersible to 20 meters. I don't see that currently on their 8T description. I will see if I can find that again.

View Quote

Outstanding !
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And I'd rather have an Aimpoint than a 5 Sigs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't look like it. Seems it'd be more comparable to an aimpoint.
And I'd rather have an Aimpoint than a 5 Sigs.  

Fixed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't trust EoTechs and would never carry one on a work gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#38]
I liked my EoTechs but the only reason why was the reticle.
I've been waiting for better options to come along. Glad the market is offering them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#39]
In a Holosun GD world, one will never get away with an optics purity test. If you like Sig, good, you like EOTech, okay that’s on you, if you like Holosun, never mind! I like NF, S&B and Trijicon but you do you and carry on.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top