[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black socks and sandals with the socks rolled all the way up

Quoted:
Socks and sandals at the same time?

Like this? Look at all those Boomers. (I argue with my 12 year old granddaughter that socks with sandals are stupid all the time, she thinks I'm old and out of tough)

https://media.gq.com/photos/5bcf8da635b1422de1805871/master/pass/Socks-With-Sandals-GQ-10232018_3x4.jpg

https://pausemag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/sandalsocks.jpg

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/c36e792fb7548ccfa6144e5912a3ab9bc785afc8/0_0_2560_1536/master/2560.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/550x/57/92/95/579295839f8677e6d80b19a3cdb77b4e.jpg

Never seen people under 50 or 60 wearing it.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm old. Yea, I see a lot of gen-x using it. Regardless of age, it is a loud notification that is heard well in noisy places. While I want a loud notification, I find that one just downright abnoxious as all hell.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
....to listen for the sound of the default Ring doorbell notification chime coming from the phone attached to their belt (with the volume on full blast).

Change my mind....
View Quote

Is your self image, and feeling of inferiority, really so poor?  Is this what you call out in an age-ist attempt to feel better about yourself?

I realize the internet has given many the opportunity to feel better about themselves calling out others while also providing anonymity, but introspect a little.

And let me say, as a Boomer, a lot of us have seen more shit than I hope you will; and I pray you will not have to repeat the experience.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you could get out of bed before the crack of noon you could beat the Boomer to the store and avoid all that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure that waiting in line at the grocery store behind someone who needs to use 87 coupons (half of which are expired) and then write a check,  hasn't started filling out the check, and doesn't have his glasses anyway,  is a pretty good indicator.

If you could get out of bed before the crack of noon you could beat the Boomer to the store and avoid all that.

I'm one of the poors who works nights. But if I get to the store after 4:30pm I'm usually safe because the guy I'm talking about has already had his pudding cup and went to sleep with Matlock or The Golden Girls on in the background.

Quoted:
velcro new balance shoes or sandals with socks

I'm late GenX. Don't judge my birkenstocks with smartwools.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
He's the guy working for a living.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Or some of my favorites: when they butt dial, struggle to use a speaker phone, or hang up on themselves, but it must have been something YOU did.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In on 4th page of people discussing ringtones, when OP specifically said "RING Doorbell notification chime".
View Quote

Well, I don't know about that!
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Loudly say that social security should be ended.
They will come to you to tell you all about how it isn’t a welfare program and that they paid into it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]
OP demonstrates the liberal mindset in one sentence... hate for others and a belief that others should conduct their lives as he sees fit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Hilarious video show 17 year old teenagers baffled by rotary phone
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#13]
yawn
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

She takes pictures of her laptop screen with her phone and then tries to show what's on her phone screen over her webcam via MS Teams.
View Quote

A coworker does that when he wants to know how much he should stop bidding at on something he finds on gunbroker.  He also uses the flash when taking the pic of the monitor.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Phone going off full blast as they struggle to figure out how to silence it.
Loudly verbally dictating a text message in public.
Taking 45 min to figure out what they want at a coffee shop after waiting in a long ass line.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Phone going off full blast as they struggle to figure out how to silence it.
Loudly verbally dictating a text message in public.
Taking 45 min to figure out what they want at a coffee shop after waiting in a long ass line.
View Quote

You're going to be doing all of that too soon enough
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Everytime I hear "boomer" I laugh.

Ive been a boomer for a while,

My daily routine is running each day and alternating distances of 1-2 miles. Then push-ups, sit-ups, leg lifts, and weights on alternate days,

Then there is range time 4 days a week with both pistol and rifle training sessions with our defensive/ tactical shooting group. 1000 rounds a week pistol and 600 rounds a week rifle.

And the best thing? My wife and I's social security allotted of $4,500 a month easily pays for all ammo as we use social security as spare change due to our long term investments footing our main stream income.

Can't wait for the huge social security increase brandon is giving us next year!

Thanks to all the gen x's, gen z's, and other young folks for paying into social security to support my shooting habits 100%!
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
....to listen for the sound of the default Ring doorbell notification chime coming from the phone attached to their belt (with the volume on full blast).

Change my mind....
View Quote

If you called me this is the ring tone YOU would hear. Next birthday I will be 60.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#19]

That was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#20]
They leave it on in church every single time.  No one will say anything but the stares are like laser beams on high.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I guess we are both all wet

My phone is always on silent, so no.

I thought all you mfs under 40 were just blatantly disrespectful assholes who didn't know what hole a dick goes in.

Guess we were both wrong. Or maybe I'm wrong right now. Either way I'm clearly wrong one way or another

Send me your address I'll send you some pods, sorry kid

One thing that didn't change in generations-

We couldn't kick the greatest generations ass. They were bad mfs.

You can't kick our asses, you are all pussies. Makeup wearing, flip flop wearing sissies, that love the taste of dick.

Some shit just never changes
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're going to be doing all of that too soon enough
View Quote

Im just giving y’all shit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess since most boomers are in a loud working environment and not hiding in moms basement, they actually need a loud ringtone.
Change my mind..
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Im just giving y’all shit.
View Quote

Going to be a very long time before I become one, tho'.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Follow the smell of moth balls?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Not a boomer, but laughing at those that don't think they are going to be old in 20-30 years from now
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Recognize me by the zero fucks.
Edited
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#28]
The deep sadness in their eyes, a look of despair and self hatred that they weren’t born as gen X.

That and black socks with shorts and crocs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Everytime I hear "boomer" I laugh.

Ive been a boomer for a while,

My daily routine is running each day and alternating distances of 1-2 miles. Then push-ups, sit-ups, leg lifts, and weights on alternate days,

Then there is range time 4 days a week with both pistol and rifle training sessions with our defensive/ tactical shooting group. 1000 rounds a week pistol and 600 rounds a week rifle.

And the best thing? My wife and I's social security allotted of $4,500 a month easily pays for all ammo as we use social security as spare change due to our long term investments footing our main stream income.

Can't wait for the huge social security increase brandon is giving us next year!

Thanks to all the gen x's, gen z's, and other young folks for paying into social security to support my shooting habits 100%!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They're just insecure. They are the Boomer generations greatest failure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The easiest way to spot a childish adult that thinks they'll never age is when they use the term "boomer" as a pejorative.

Change my mind.

They're just insecure. They are the Boomer generations greatest failure.

"The children raised by boomers are their biggest failure" isn't exactly a stellar review for boomers, is it gramps?

Like god damn, why did you make us like this then?
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Change my mind....
View Quote
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075SY75C3/?coliid=I3IO9UDCMTAXH&colid=WBAF7PTZVKF8&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm 27 and have the default sound but it's not on my belt
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The easiest way to spot a childish adult that thinks they'll never age is when they use the term "boomer" as a pejorative.

Change my mind.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I pick the loudest I can fnd which for me is the traditional phone and turn it all the way up. Welcome to a loud working environment.

In the vein of the OPs thread. "It's easy to spot who has soft hands because their ring tone sounds like a moan from penetration and they keep it turned down".
View Quote

You nailed it!
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The deep sadness in their eyes, a look of despair and self hatred that they weren’t born as gen X.

That and black socks with shorts and crocs.
View Quote

Wrong, I turned 20 in 1980 and the decade was great. I did all the shit you did but in the 70's but with even less bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The proudest accomplishment of the current generation is their mastery of the ring tone.

Mine invented the Internet, space travel, and the McRib sandwich.
View Quote

The McRib sucks more dick than a college cheerleader.

You can't change my mind.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not a boomer, but laughing at those that don't think they are going to be old in 20-30 years from now
View Quote

Fentanyl, tide pods, texting while driving...

Many of them won't. So many. Darwin will not be denied
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"The children raised by boomers are their biggest failure" isn't exactly a stellar review for boomers, is it gramps?

Like god damn, why did you make us like this then?
View Quote

We were not trying to make you. We were trying to get a piece of ass.

If we knew we were going to make anything like you, we would have put all on the sheets.

Stupid Jill forgot her pill and now we have a son wasn't just a song lyric
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Good luck. I don't carry a phone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP demonstrates the liberal mindset in one sentence... hate for others and a belief that others should conduct their lives as he sees fit.
View Quote

This ^^^
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Boomer dont need glasses

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In on 4th page of people discussing ringtones, when OP specifically said "RING Doorbell notification chime".
View Quote

This is the entire thread and the exact response to the post I expected in a nutshell.

It’s so easy to sucker them into a bumbling rage about how infallible they are.

Scroll down, they’re still doing it
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This is the entire thread and the exact response to the post I expected in a nutshell.

It’s so easy to sucker them into a bumbling rage about how infallible they are.

Scroll down, they’re still doing it
View Quote

Nah, it's just an ageist bigot showing his true colors and very ignorant of the fact that one day he too will be the laughing stock of the world as well.

And you've admitted to trolling over bait, that's a CoC no no there.

And see what by scrolling, more people taking to task over it? I must admit I really have enjoyed seeing your tossed stones being returned to you with the same courtesy one deserves for slinging poo.

Even my kid and my nephew and nieces have the good manners to not be bothered by your derangement. Be better than this and be an even better role model for your own kids.

Rated as troll.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Loudly say that social security should be ended.
They will come to you to tell you all about how it isn’t a welfare program and that they paid into it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Now we're getting somewhere.  LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My default ringtone is 'cowboy' by Kid Rock
View Quote
ZZ Top, La Grange.  That's some boomer shit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#49]
At least us Boomers get laid.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#50]
At least we don't NEED our phones to survive the day.

If I wanted to torture the younger generations, I'd put their phone just out of reach and let it ring and alert every 5 minutes.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top