Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a late 2000s A1-length FDE fixed stock.  I swapped out the buttplate for an A2, and it's a pretty solid stock.  Can't remember who made it? CavArms?

A2 is a little lengthy for anything but High Power with no armor.  I know Sinister has hit the high points on this discussion a few hundred times by now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had a couple of the RRA entry stocks over the years.  I ended up selling my last one this year.  Fun fact, you can put a A2 (possibly a A1) trap door on them.

Link Posted: 9/27/2023 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my Sully stock.  

https://www.thedefensiveedge.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/slr15speerada.jpg

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
DefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote

I would hope so....
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Retro is popular for nostalgic reasons, but it’s also clone correct for military rifles from the 50s all the way through the 90s. Entry stocks were made because telescoping carbine stocks were illegal during the assault weapon ban, and for no other reason. The military never used them. I think some police departments might have, but Only because of idiotic gun control legislation.  I’m sure there are some people who prefer the look of them, but to me that will always be an assault weapon ban compliant stock, just like a thumbhole stock.

That being said, I’ve got a bunch of M-16A1 type E stocks that are apparently worth a lot of money. Maybe I should sell this old stuff off instead of letting a pile up in totes?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ban era thumbholes will never be popular in the sense of retro-collectability. The fixed RRA entry stocks, Colt CS stocks, and others are gaining popularity due to the popularity of retro stuff drawn on by nostalgia. Look at the popularity now of fixed carry-handled uppers. I recall when no one wanted them.

Retro is popular for nostalgic reasons, but it’s also clone correct for military rifles from the 50s all the way through the 90s. Entry stocks were made because telescoping carbine stocks were illegal during the assault weapon ban, and for no other reason. The military never used them. I think some police departments might have, but Only because of idiotic gun control legislation.  I’m sure there are some people who prefer the look of them, but to me that will always be an assault weapon ban compliant stock, just like a thumbhole stock.

That being said, I’ve got a bunch of M-16A1 type E stocks that are apparently worth a lot of money. Maybe I should sell this old stuff off instead of letting a pile up in totes?

Meetoo! Off to the basement to check. I think I bought a dozen or so from a surplus place years ago. Might be time to cash in!

ETA: found them. Actually only 6. "ASSY, GUN STOCK CSS 1005-96-2121 REPACK LEVEL A/1 1 EA. 10/96" in sealed brown envelopes. Opened a couple up, appear to be NEW, with trapdoor butt plate and fixed sling loop. What are they worth?
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Entry Stock, midi gas, triangular handguards, 16" barrel.
https://i.postimg.cc/T1q8193H/ShortyAR.jpg
View Quote

Perfect! Would love to get some midi triangular handguards.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Lightweight sporter shipped from the factory with a CS stock

Link Posted: 9/27/2023 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I assembled this earlier this year. Can't say I am all that thrilled with it. It's almost a little too compact. I think I would rather have an A1 length stock along with an A1 carry handle upper..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Parts bin stash
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/27/2023 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Insane.  

I paid 20 bucks for mine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#11]
A2 stock is for full grown adults

A1 stock is for children, gnomes, trolls, gargoyles, fairies, dwarfs and midgets
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#12]
<3
Link Posted: 9/27/2023 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love my Sully stock.  

https://www.thedefensiveedge.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/slr15speerada.jpg

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
DefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote
@Sully

I want to do a build like this.

Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Out shooting today
Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top