Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And nobody even paid attention to my comment about the Albigensian Crusades (initiated by the Pope) that resulted in a few hundred thousand non Muslims being killed.
Not to mention the fact that after they were done dispatching the Muslim invaders, the benevolent Christians turned their attention to the Inquisitions.

Oh well. I know enough that Christianity GOOD. Crusades GOOD. Christianity = Western Civilization. You disagree, then you are SJW Muslim lover who HATE western civilization! You bad!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also... have you heard of the sacking of Constantinople by Crusaders? Any thoughts as to why that's left out?

Would you consider the Spanish Reconquista a "Crusade?" Why or why not?
The Fourth Crusade is an interesting case study in poor estimation of expected muster, an ambitious contract, ad hoc contracts and shifting circumstances, and application of Just War Theory.

There is no universal, or even general, consensus on what campaigns should be properly titled as "crusades."  Different schools of crusade scholarship have different criteria for it.  The situation is not aided by the fact that "crusade" is not a term that even existed at the time.
And nobody even paid attention to my comment about the Albigensian Crusades (initiated by the Pope) that resulted in a few hundred thousand non Muslims being killed.
Not to mention the fact that after they were done dispatching the Muslim invaders, the benevolent Christians turned their attention to the Inquisitions.

Oh well. I know enough that Christianity GOOD. Crusades GOOD. Christianity = Western Civilization. You disagree, then you are SJW Muslim lover who HATE western civilization! You bad!!!
Show me where the Christian justification for murder, torture, forced conversion and war is in the Bible. I must have missed it, surely you can enlighten me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:27:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

For the TLDR crowd: Violence is not a Christian doctrine. Violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity is heretical, no excuse or justification for it.
View Quote
I'm not really a practicing Christian, and only have very cursory knowledge of the Bible and of Christ's teachings, but I agree with this statement - Jesus Christ did NOT teach, instruct, encourage, inspire, point toward or endorse violence to spread His word. Going to war to spread Christianity is not Christian.

The church did shitloads of un-Christian things, and to my limited historical knowledge, this is what led to the Reformation. People were able to read the word of the Lord when the Bible was translated and printed. As has been mentioned in this thread, for centuries, it was not something the common man could access and read.... and they came to the conclusion that "wait, Jesus didn't want us doing this shit!"  (I could be inaccurate on the history, causes and degree to which the common person's knowledge of the Bible contributed to the Reformation)

Anyway, I always ask the following two questions when someone tries to pull the "yeah, well Crusades" or whatever:

ONE - How many people did Jesus Christ kill?   (none. zero. zilch.)

TWO - How many people did Muhammad kill?   (hundreds if not thousands by his own hand, with his own sword)

Anyone who pulls the "Christians did evil things in the past!" as a retort to what followers of Islam have always done and continue to do is deflecting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 5:13:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Show me where the Christian justification for murder, torture, forced conversion and war is in the Bible. I must have missed it, surely you can enlighten me.
View Quote
The real issue is Jesus never taught to hate or kill those that persecute you. HE explicitly taught to love and forgive your enemies.

It would be logically inconsistent with the teachings of Jesus to do anything violent against others. On the other hand---
Violence IS logically consistent with the teachings of Muhammad.

Islam is a cancer.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tragic was the West's lack of strategic vision. They should have fought Islam on it's own terms - land area held. Instead they spent their energy on symbolic deep penetration missions with no staying power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The crusades ended when the Christians grew tired of killing so many Muslims.

Very tragic.
Agreed, this is tragic.
Tragic was the West's lack of strategic vision. They should have fought Islam on it's own terms - land area held. Instead they spent their energy on symbolic deep penetration missions with no staying power.
Christians, as a whole, view them from a Christian world view. Projecting our own morals and expectations upon them, assuming they are like us. They never really truly knew the enemy, thus they were doomed to failure from the start. Western civilization continues that behavior to this day. Along with an unhealthy dose of normalcy bias, and globalist influence, we are losing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

For the TLDR crowd: Violence is not a Christian doctrine. Violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity is heretical, no excuse or justification for it.
View Quote
Uh...Just War doctrine has been around for about forever, and is both Christian and details the proper means for dispensing violence.

All sorts of Christian thinkers from Augustine to Aquinas to Pope John Paul II have discussed the proper restraints in wartime. The first limitations on violence in warfare were innovations of the Catholic Church.

Now, the distinction to be raised was one raised in the wake of the 30 Years War, where violence in its own name became its own self-reinforcing dynamic.

So, to be a Bohr_Adam or 2minkey and play the "all is equal" game is at best lazy thinking.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The real issue is Jesus never taught to hate or kill those that persecute you. HE explicitly taught to love and forgive your enemies.

It would be logically inconsistent with the teachings of Jesus to do anything violent against others. On the other hand---

Islam is a cancer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Islam is a cancer.
Yeah, but the twist is if Christians didn't bring the pain to them throughout history there would be no Christians left.

Know why you're not kissing a carpet and barking to mecca 5 times a day? May have a lot to with Wallachians making 20000 muslim Ottoman lawn ornaments. Or The Hammer kicking the shit out of  Abd al-Rahman al-Ghafiqi and his raiding army at Tours.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, but the twist is if Christians didn't bring the pain to them throughout history there would be no Christians left.

Know why you're not kissing a carpet and barking to mecca 5 times a day? May have a lot to with Wallachians making 20000 muslim Ottoman lawn ornaments. Or The Hammer kicking the shit out of  Abd al-Rahman al-Ghafiqi and his raiding army at Tours.
View Quote
You're forgetting Jan Sobieski and a few others.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
He’s got another good video about the Quran and the differences between the Medina and Mecca.  And what a true follower is, and that there are no moderate Muslims if they follow the Medina correctly.

I can’t seem to find it, but it would be great if someone has it and posts it up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:31:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I know, just went with the most influential ones to make a point.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He’s got another good video about the Quran and the differences between the Medina and Mecca.  And what a true follower is, and that there are no moderate Muslims if they follow the Medina correctly.

I can’t seem to find it, but it would be great if someone has it and posts it up.
View Quote
This is the video you seek.

Islamic Attack on Chattanooga: Why It Happened and What to Do

Another good one.

Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the video you seek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmyGC96ClcE

Another good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef1LCIvF6eU
Thanks man.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#12]
old school taggage
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Uh...Just War doctrine has been around for about forever, and is both Christian and details the proper means for dispensing violence.

All sorts of Christian thinkers from Augustine to Aquinas to Pope John Paul II have discussed the proper restraints in wartime. The first limitations on violence in warfare were innovations of the Catholic Church.

Now, the distinction to be raised was one raised in the wake of the 30 Years War, where violence in its own name became its own self-reinforcing dynamic.

So, to be a Bohr_Adam or 2minkey and play the "all is equal" game is at best lazy thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, that’s exactly what I said. I said, “all is equal.”

I can see why people don’t mind Warner’s bullshit.  Dishonestly is misrepresentation in the name of whatever it is you want to rally behind is par for the course.

Now, forgive me, I want to read more posts about how killing and war is un-Christian from people who will call for genocide in another thread tomorrow in the name of defending Christianity.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Your one problem is staying on subject.

The video made no mention of the Koran.

It instead claimed to compare like with like regarding the concepts of Crusades and Jihad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you’re asking me to watch this video, cross reference it against my understanding of things, and break down where “Dr. Bill” is once again misleading or outright wrong... again.

I’ve spent way too much time doing just that related to previous crap from that man since he first because a thing to bother, or think it worth continuing. The burden of proof is on him to tell me why he’s an authority - and he’s failed miserable. His continued irrelevant tossing about of his “PhD” status doesn’t help. There are plenty of legitimate historians and what not who’ve written plenty on these subjects. Get you history however you see fit. Even plenty of videos on YouTube, no doubt, but, they don’t hit the right tone with a certain crowd here, so they wallow in low rating while as “Dr. Bill” gets threads started.
That's the obligation of an Expert.
I’m not an expert.

Then again, neither is Warner.

But, he tells you things that are in line with your prejudices, so there you go.

Let the circle jerk continue. Don’t let me get in the way.
You know B_A, and I mean this sincerely, I’m often surprised at your level of intelligence, other times I’m surprised that you allow the propaganda of the Left obscure that intelligence.

What do I know though, I’m just a lowly, bigoted ‘teener.
Let me ask you this.

Do you except the initial “Dr. Bill” premise that the way to compare “Jihad” and “Crusade” as a concept is to look at the locations and numbers of battled done in those names?

Do you believe those which he plotted are chosen and depicted using the same criteria?

Have you studied the rise of other world civilizations?

How would you react to some Leftist rambling about the evil United States by citing the Papal crusades, the Spanish conquest of the Americas, the Indian Removal Act (which he would insist was a “genocide,” naturally) and President Bush’s use of the term Crusade, thus linking different States, contexts, motivations, and eras into one forced narrative in order to make a polemic point and riled up a bunch of idiots prone to anti-Western and anti- American bias?

Would you:

1) demand anyone point out which particular historical event in the rabble was inaccurate?

2) suggest that maybe some context would help?

Also... have you heard of the sacking of Constantinople by Crusaders? Any thoughts as to why that’s left out?

Would you consider the Spanish Reconquista a “Crusade?” Why or why not?
Perhaps I should posted more in my initial response that would have made a few things more clear, apologies for that.

First, I’m not defending the video or “Dr. Bill”, I’ve neither seen this current video, or to my knowledge, any of Dr. Bill’s other videos. My points were mainly in response to the posts in this thread about the subject, rather than the video in the OP. I should have made that clear.

Secondly, and I know I’ll get flamed for this, but the Crusades were not something that could be justified with biblical scripture. They were outside the realm of biblical doctrine. I understand why they did it, but history would have perhaps judged them less harshly had they not chosen to use Christianity as not only a motivation, but also a justification. It was neither.

In a nutshell, that’s the post I’m trying to make. You can’t justify the Crusades with biblical doctrine, but you can justify jihad with the teachings of the koran.

The double standard and unwillingness to criticize anything islam is not only tiresome, it’s counterproductive.

We’re often told by leftists that unless you’re a scholar you can’t criticize islam, yet those same people have no problem pointing out how violent the Old Testament is, never realizing the supreme irony.

ETA: Sorry if my response seems rushed, I’m out of time at the moment as I about to board, but I’ll do my best to come back and continue the conversation, thanks.
Stupidity, irresponsibility, and lack of objectivity on the Left does not excuse it on the Right.

That video star with the strawman presumption that evoking the historical Christian concept of Crusade is supposedly the only argument used to counter the concept of “Jihad” (as opposed to the any sober comparison of the rise of Islam relative to the rise of any other human civilization).

It then sets about seemingly creating a broad definition of “Jihad” and thus allowing a depiction of every slave raid or skirmish along the expanding borders of Islamic civilization as a “Jihad Battle.” It then established a very narrow definition of “Crusade,” and depicts only large scale, named battles, and only those against Islamic armies.

The intent is obvious: to make the history of violence and warfare fought in the name of Christianity look like a meager joke in comparison to the monolithic onslaught of the Saracens (which continues today, naturally).

Some here eat that shit up. It speaks to them.
Your one problem is The Koran
Your one problem is staying on subject.

The video made no mention of the Koran.

It instead claimed to compare like with like regarding the concepts of Crusades and Jihad.
It did no such thing. It did compare the goal of the two. Jihad to conquer and Crusade to Free.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also... have you heard of the sacking of Constantinople by Crusaders? Any thoughts as to why that's left out?

The Fourth Crusade is an interesting case study in poor estimation of expected muster, an ambitious contract, ad hoc contracts and shifting circumstances, and application of Just War Theory.

There is no universal, or even general, consensus on what campaigns should be properly titled as "crusades."  Different schools of crusade scholarship have different criteria for it.  The situation is not aided by the fact that "crusade" is not a term that even existed at the time.

The Spanish Inquisition was to purge the crypto- Muslims who were allowed to stay after the Reconquista in 1492, the Muslims who had been subjugating and devastating the Iberian peninsula since 710. Because Christians. Slavery. Murder Rape. Subjugation. Islam doing Islam. For almost 800 years.

Targeting the Moriscos who claimed that they were converted Catholics and not practicing Islamists, but then would go all sudden jihadi syndrome murdering on Christians in supposedly peacetime conditions in the country. Women, children, elderly. Whoever to get a body count to get into the Islamic paradise.

At most, 5000 people over three centuries put to death by the Spanish Inquisition. That's way less than the Muslims would kill in a single outing to raze a Gothic/ Catholic town or village during the occupation of the Iberian pennisula.

Moral equivalence not moral equivalencing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Islam is a cancer.
View Quote
this is not entirely correct.
Jesus himself told those who had 2 cloaks to sell one and buy a sword.

he only stopped Peter from attacking the Roman Soldiers when they came to take him for the future death because it was the fulfillment of the prophesy.

you don't tell people to buy swords just to hand over the fireplace.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yea, some people think bacon is over rated, but fuck those guys.

If the Crusades wouldn't of happened, you have no bacon.
You must hate freedom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the usual shit one would learn in history classes in high school and undergrad. I probably learned that the crusades weren’t the best thing ever for everyone given the prevalence of Jews where I grew up, but nothing particularly deep.

I don’t think much of the crusades. I do think it is amusing how an elite cadre of blowhards use the crusades to build some kinda wacky identity trip, like they are fightng in some end of the world battle against demonic savages. That shit seems a lot like the blustery crap Islamists spew. Birds and feathers.

YMMV.
Yea, some people think bacon is over rated, but fuck those guys.

If the Crusades wouldn't of happened, you have no bacon.
You must hate freedom.
the choice (and ability) to eat bacon without judgement is freedom.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like its time for resurrection of the crusades memes
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So, to be a (x) or 2minkey and play the "all is equal" game is at best lazy thinking.
View Quote
I see you are making up shit again.

Next time I post anything directed at you I will make sure to phrase everything in simple, childish moralistic terms. It will be clear who the good guys and the bad guys are. And you will be reassured you are the former. Then mom will bring cookies.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You won’t

He is on thin ice and has to be careful if his GD postings

He will only attempt to get you to say something CoC violation
View Quote
I had already answered his question before you posted, sparky.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes. So completely that it is self parody.
View Quote
Explain. I made two statements. Explain how each one is incorrect.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I see you are making up shit again.

Next time I post anything directed at you I will make sure to phrase everything in simple, childish moralistic terms. It will be clear who the good guys and the bad guys are. And you will be reassured you are the former. Then mom will bring cookies.
View Quote
Other than grandstanding, what exactly do you post?

I've yet to see you post a new thread on anything, or post anything factual. Lots of po-mo de-con bullshit. We get tons of that from you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't

He is on thin ice and has to be careful if his GD postings

He will only attempt to get you to say something CoC violation
You are only here to sow dissent.    Go away troll.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#24]
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that islam is harmless."
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who says it has anything to do with you being incorrect?

Maybe it was that you were trying to make a point with obviousness, and being snotty about it.

The self-parody was more like...

Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Other than grandstanding, what exactly do you post?

I've yet to see you post a new thread on anything, or post anything factual. Lots of po-mo de-con bullshit. We get tons of that from you.
View Quote
and then, 4 posts later, completely reinforces your point either as more trolling or completely oblivious to the irony.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Maybe it was that you were trying to make a point with obviousness, and being snotty about it.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/nickelodeon/images/8/82/Snotty_Boy.png/revision/latest?cb=20160924011009
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/nickelodeon/images/8/82/Snotty_Boy.png/revision/latest?cb=20160924011009
"Am I wrong" - me

"Yes" - you
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hilarious that you criticize someone for "being snotty."
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Everyone should have freedom to choose a religion they want to believe in, or to choose none if that is their desire.

Religion forced at the point of a sword or barrel of a gun, is not freedom of religion.

Religion forced into a government to rule the people, is not freedom from religion.

Any religion that organizes any type of control of the people, is fundamentally flawed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

"Am I wrong" - me

"Yes" - you
View Quote
You don't understand the difference between wrong and incorrect.

I can't help you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#31]
For you history buffs, read this.

Empires of the Sea: The Siege of Malta, the Battle of Lepanto, and the Contest for the Center of the World

Repelling Islam in the 1500's was a near run thing.  It was a Lord of the Rings and/or Game of Thrones slaughter in real life.

Interesting tidbit, the gold acquired from the new world helped to finance the defense against Islam.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Islam means summation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Islam means summation submission, or "to submit".
When I hear "summation", I think of a summary of facts
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I ask people to think about their sources of information or, more broadly, to think. I understand why that might offend you. Micro-aggressions and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you're asking me to watch this video, cross reference it against my understanding of things, and break down where "Dr. Bill" is once again misleading or outright wrong... again.

I've spent way too much time doing just that related to previous crap from that man since he first because a thing to bother, or think it worth continuing. The burden of proof is on him to tell me why he's an authority - and he's failed miserable. His continued irrelevant tossing about of his "PhD" status doesn't help. There are plenty of legitimate historians and what not who've written plenty on these subjects. Get you history however you see fit. Even plenty of videos on YouTube, no doubt, but, they don't hit the right tone with a certain crowd here, so they wallow in low rating while as "Dr. Bill" gets threads started.
That's the obligation of an Expert.
I'm not an expert.

Then again, neither is Warner.

But, he tells you things that are in line with your prejudices, so there you go.

Let the circle jerk continue. Don't let me get in the way.
You know B_A, and I mean this sincerely, I'm often surprised at your level of intelligence, other times I'm surprised that you allow the propaganda of the Left obscure that intelligence.

What do I know though, I'm just a lowly, bigoted 'teener.
Let me ask you this.

Do you except the initial "Dr. Bill" premise that the way to compare "Jihad" and "Crusade" as a concept is to look at the locations and numbers of battled done in those names?

Do you believe those which he plotted are chosen and depicted using the same criteria?

Have you studied the rise of other world civilizations?

How would you react to some Leftist rambling about the evil United States by citing the Papal crusades, the Spanish conquest of the Americas, the Indian Removal Act (which he would insist was a "genocide," naturally) and President Bush's use of the term Crusade, thus linking different States, contexts, motivations, and eras into one forced narrative in order to make a polemic point and riled up a bunch of idiots prone to anti-Western and anti- American bias?

Would you:

1) demand anyone point out which particular historical event in the rabble was inaccurate?

2) suggest that maybe some context would help?

So Islam is a good thing?
And people ask me why I don't bother to try to elaborate...
I have carefully examined your posts in this thread for any bit of actual substance. All I have found is the usual posturing, scoffing, and vacuous nattering. Distinctly unimpressive.
I ask people to think about their sources of information or, more broadly, to think. I understand why that might offend you. Micro-aggressions and all.
You don't try any attempt at factual refutation because you fear being shown to be wrong. Appearing to be the wisest of us all is your primary goal, but you seem unaware that your strategy continuously backfires on you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:45:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Interesting video.  Not sure what the controversy is about.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Christians, as a whole, view them from a Christian world view. Projecting our own morals and expectations upon them, assuming they are like us. They never really truly knew the enemy, thus they were doomed to failure from the start. Western civilization continues that behavior to this day. Along with an unhealthy dose of normalcy bias, and globalist influence, we are losing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The crusades ended when the Christians grew tired of killing so many Muslims.

Very tragic.
Agreed, this is tragic.
It's true. And I think that the atheists and weekend religionists lazily apply a nosce tiepsum type reasoning to understand Muslim behavior, but this doesn't work because they have no clue what it is like to literally read a book and follow it like it was the word of an all powerful God. That's just outside of their experience totally. So when they are told that according to the Koran that the life of non-Muslims is worth less than an insect, they fail to comprehend the impact that has on the psyche of the Faithful. Acts of wanton murder are dismissed as this nebulous concept of "terrorism", and that's where their comprehension runs out of historical and psychological context. It is unable to go any further.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That audio.

WTF with the noise?
View Quote
The echo was annoying.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
The truth is always controversial to those that want to hide it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

he only stopped Peter from attacking the Roman Soldiers when they came to take him for the future death because it was the fulfillment of the prophesy.

View Quote
A sword, like a pistol, and violence itself, are all just a tools.  All may used to attack or defend. Part of the problem is, the western world is by nature mostly defensive; while the Muslin theocratic system is offensive by design.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Tagged for later tonight.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Forever”, as in before 33AD?

I’m not denying any of those doctrines exist, I’m just saying they’re not New Testament teachings.

I’m not condemning their defensive actions, I’m simply saying seeking to justify them through the teachings of the New Testament is foolish. If a person wishes to claim that later writings, decrees, councils and codices carry the same weight as the original New Testament doctrine, then state that, don’t bring the rest of Christianity into the argument. I’m of the belief that the stuff that came after is bunk, by corrupt men seeking to justify their lust, greed and malice. I typed several more paragraphs but deleted them, I don’t have time to get down into the weeds today, long night last night and a lot to do today, sorry, but I appreciate all you who have taken the time to respond. I will try and check back, if time permits.

I haven’t gotten any “all are equal” from B_A’s posts, he’s even stated that islam’s violence continues to this day.

Mink’s? Well, spot on.

TLDR: They exist, of course, but not in the teachings of Jesus. I don’t have a problem with the defensive wars, but I do have a problem with claiming they were “holy” wars. That’s an oxymoron.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Tagged for later
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Islam is a cancer.

Ugh.

So what did he tell them to do with that sword?

Why didn’t he join the insurrection against the Romans if that was his goal?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I can see why people don’t mind Warner’s bullshit.  Dishonestly is misrepresentation in the name of whatever it is you want to rally behind is par for the course.

Now, forgive me, I want to read more posts about how killing and war is un-Christian from people who will call for genocide in another thread tomorrow in the name of defending Christianity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has anyone in this thread been guilty of that? I only ask because I know I’ve not said “bomb them all”, so I assume it’s someone else?

As far as the doctrine of war, like it or not, it’s not part of New Testament teaching. You can point to sects of Christianity, who came much later, as teaching that doctrine, but you won’t find it in the original. And there again, we’re supposed to make a distinction between the “radicals” who “claim they’re islamic” and all the other muslims, but it’s all good to do the exact opposite with Christianity. Some nut job with six people in his church does something terrible? It’s “Christians” who are the problem. The Catholic Church is a sect of Christianity, a large one, but a sect none the less, not the whole of Christianity, by far. I could give more examples, but you get the point. It’s hypocrisy, and patently obvious to anyone except the hypocrites.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Spanish Inquisition was to purge the crypto- Muslims who were allowed to stay after the Reconquista in 1492, the Muslims who had been subjugating and devastating the Iberian peninsula since 710. Because Christians. Slavery. Murder Rape. Subjugation. Islam doing Islam. For almost 800 years.

Targeting the Moriscos who claimed that they were converted Catholics and not practicing Islamists, but then would go all sudden jihadi syndrome murdering on Christians in supposedly peacetime conditions in the country. Women, children, elderly. Whoever to get a body count to get into the Islamic paradise.

At most, 5000 people over three centuries put to death by the Spanish Inquisition. That's way less than the Muslims would kill in a single outing to raze a Gothic/ Catholic town or village during the occupation of the Iberian pennisula.

View Quote
I've followed this topic for awhile now, and I haven't seen a source for the Inquisition being about Muslims chatter than Jews.  Could you share?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facts can be...uncomfortable...for some.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

For you history buffs, read this.

Empires of the Sea: The Siege of Malta, the Battle of Lepanto, and the Contest for the Center of the World

Repelling Islam in the 1500's was a near run thing.  It was a Lord of the Rings and/or Game of Thrones slaughter in real life.

Interesting tidbit, the gold acquired from the new world helped to finance the defense against Islam.
View Quote
I’ll pick it up. Thank for the tip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've followed this topic for awhile now, and I haven't seen a source for the Inquisition being about Muslims chatter than Jews.  Could you share?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure. Jews were included. Went for the homogenous religious orthodoxy thingy. But the real deal was to get the Moriscos out. I believe part of it is covered decently by Wiki. Under Spanish Inquisition and Moriscos. There were a couple of edicts thrown in there too. The only book I can recall at this moment is Sword and Scimitar by Ibrihim. He has gone deep for source material to include Muslim texts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#50]
(Removed -40xb)
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top