AROCK is that you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP
AROCK is that you?
The mod told me to knock it off and I am. But don't be disingenuous with what I was asking.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Duh.
In before OP says im a larue fanboy...
View Quote
Fanboi!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP I am going to ask you nicely to stop going after LaRue Tactical on this issue. He has made his rebuttal to your claims and confirmed his position on his support of the 2a.

I will refer you to this LINK to the CoC Addendum

Please note and read:

Bashing Pro 2nd Amendment companies: The bashing of companies that have a track record of working to support the 2nd Amendment is not allowed. This does not prevent anyone from discussing any current issues that they may have with a person, or product from the company. This rule is meant to cover those that continually attack, or work to harm a business based solely on some past bias. This rule may also apply to any person the Site feels is a strong proponent of the 2nd.
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Does that extend to his stupid, offensive anti-Larue avatar?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy fuck!  A majority of the hive seems to have gone full retard in the last few weeks over splitting hairs and eating our own.  Good Lord, the "we don't like this group this week, but we love them next week, and the week after we hate them again" is more dramatic than middle school girl drama.  "This company didn't say EXACTLY what I wanted to hear."  "That person is backpedaling."  "Yeah, but one time they..."  "I won't support them because they don't think I should own the ceramic Glock 7 or the guns from that Val Kilmer movie."  And on and on.

There is no fucking way Ronald Reagan could get elected by today's GD.  Not a chance in hell.

Forget the thread on jacked up and sickly kids with the new fangled diagnoses/excuses for jacked up and sickly kids...we need a thread on why GD be like it do.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Some here can see only the black or white when it comes to the 2A.  These are the "not one more inch" group.  They correctly understand that those opposed to the 2A are chipping away at it one piece at a time, and they refuse to allow one more chip to be removed.  These ones also tend to believe that the NFA should be repealed, and are usually an "all or nothing" group.   They will fight to the death literally and verbally to prevent every infringement.

Then, there are those here that see the 2A in shades of gray. They love the 2A, but don't give a single shit about the bump-stock.  They could care less if it's done away with.  These people could also care less about the NFA, and generally like things the way they currently are.  However, these folks do have a red line.  It's different for each of them.  They will defend the 2A in conversationas well.  But when is their line crossed?  The ban of semi-auto's?  Gun confiscation?  Who knows?  But when it's crossed, they will fight every bit as hard as the first group.

Then there are Fudd's.  I don't have to say more.

Here's the bottom line for me. No matter what group we're in, we're on the same team.  And??  We need each other.

I also understand human nature...  Sometimes we say things in an emotional moment that we later regret.  We've all done it.  I allow for that, and judge a man (or woman) by their deeds. Not what they say.

So, figure it out and stop the dick measuring as to who supports the 2A more.  It doesn't matter.  It's supporting it together that matters.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't read all 5 pages up to this point, but I'm certain Marty Daniel had to have an honorable mention, right?

If not, let's make sure we "never forget."
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I didn't read all 5 pages up to this point, but I'm certain Marty Daniel had to have an honorable mention, right?

If not, let's make sure we "never forget."
View Quote
Holding feet to the fire worked with ML, and it worked with MD. It could also work with the NRA if it's membership weren't so blind.

Friends,

First and foremost, let me say that I have heard your voices. I put out a statement on Friday, supporting Senate Bill S.2135 also known as the Fix NICS Act. I have received overwhelming feedback since putting out this statement, which has brought to my attention that there are significant and justified concerns regarding this bill. I can no longer in good conscience put my support behind S.2135.

I released the original statement because I believed it was the best option available at this time to hold back the continued attacks on the Second Amendment and the erosion of our rights. I was wrong.

Let me be very clear:

• My life’s work is to protect an individual’s right to keep and bear arms by holding our lawmakers accountable to the Second Amendment.

• I believe that all firearms laws that limit the rights of law abiding citizens are unconstitutional.

• I will never support any legislation which infringes on any individuals rights, and could potentially subvert due process.

• Myself, my Family, and Daniel Defense love and serve our Veterans every day. I would never support a legislative measure which would strip them of their rights based on their history of service and sacrifice.

Thank you to everyone who reached out and voiced your concerns. You are a motivated and passionate group of people which I am proud to call my peers, my friends, and my family. We are all united in one fight – the fight to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. I will never turn my back on you. I stand with you and I am ready to continue to fight for our rights.

-Marty
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks OP, you reminded me, I need to buy a LaRue Trigger.

Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Holding feet to the fire worked with ML, and it worked with MD. It could also work with the NRA if it's membership weren't so blind.

Friends,

First and foremost, let me say that I have heard your voices. I put out a statement on Friday, supporting Senate Bill S.2135 also known as the Fix NICS Act. I have received overwhelming feedback since putting out this statement, which has brought to my attention that there are significant and justified concerns regarding this bill. I can no longer in good conscience put my support behind S.2135.

I released the original statement because I believed it was the best option available at this time to hold back the continued attacks on the Second Amendment and the erosion of our rights. I was wrong.

Let me be very clear:

• My life’s work is to protect an individual’s right to keep and bear arms by holding our lawmakers accountable to the Second Amendment.

• I believe that all firearms laws that limit the rights of law abiding citizens are unconstitutional.

• I will never support any legislation which infringes on any individuals rights, and could potentially subvert due process.

• Myself, my Family, and Daniel Defense love and serve our Veterans every day. I would never support a legislative measure which would strip them of their rights based on their history of service and sacrifice.

Thank you to everyone who reached out and voiced your concerns. You are a motivated and passionate group of people which I am proud to call my peers, my friends, and my family. We are all united in one fight – the fight to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. I will never turn my back on you. I stand with you and I am ready to continue to fight for our rights.

-Marty
View Quote
You may need to read the new coc posted in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Holding ML's feet to the fire ?  My feet weren't held to the fire. Reading comprehension is a lost art.

Having to deal with people of your ilk, who more and more are allowed to roam freely on this board, makes it a chore for me to talk myself into stepping back into this pukey rock concert bathroom.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holding feet to the fire worked with ML

(snip)
Holding ML's feet to the fire ?  My feet weren't held to the fire. Reading comprehension is a lost art.

Having to deal with people of your ilk, who more and more are allowed to roam freely on this board, makes it a chore for me to talk myself into stepping back into this pukey rock concert bathroom.  
Hopefully the amended coc will stop some of this. Seems there are a few level headed people left here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you for your service, officer.

Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hopefully the amended coc will stop some of this. Seems there are a few level headed people left here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holding feet to the fire worked with ML

(snip)

What he did and has done for our cause vastly outweighed any comments that were poorly worded and quickly clarified.

Furthermore, as exemplified by his NY policy, his fundraisers and giveaways, there is history of his company siding with us.

Shit. GD already forgot about all the fucking free barrels he gave away every damn month.

That is my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
When this thread became an attack on ML, it went full-blown retard.

Mark participates here.  Off the cuff and in the mix of it.   I've seen well-respected members here follow a rabbit-hole and get into stupid positions only to have to check themselves and walk it back.  They do, and life goes on.

I wasn't in or even looking to get into what Mark said.  It is obvious that a lot of context is needed, and likely a lot of shit-talking was going on.  Whatever.

Here's what I DO know.  Character is based on your values and the actions that are driven by those values.  Mark has walked the walk.  Sure, he is outspoken and may have pissed a few people off over the years. Okay... maybe more than a few.  I also know that he's been a STRONG supporter of the 2A in good times and bad times.

There's enough question to what he said that he gets an opportunity to clarify and his "official" position be accepted.  His actions over the years have certainly earned him that.

I'm not what you'd call a "fanboy." I own exactly two of his products-- 4 if you include my two hats.  But in my 10 years of being here, I have seen what he does and what he supports.  He's earned that benefit of the doubt whether some of us want to admit it or not.

I'll end this long (and likely bashed) post with one funny thing that Mark probably doesn't remember.

Six years ago, I lamented that I had to take my "Extremely Rightwing" bumpersticker off my toolbox because I was adopting my son, and the person coming for the Home Study was likely a very liberal social worker.  Mark sent me a personal message for my name and address.  A few days later, I was loaded down in replacements.

Sure, it was a small thing... but that shows Mark.  He is in the mix actively.  He is what he is.  But he is one of us.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread is muff cabbage.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
But is it good people?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't remember a time where I saw so many eat their own. I get it that some people are die by the sword kind of people. That's heroic and all and I salute you. But instead of cutting off the head of those that have slighted the 2nd Amendment by 1 degree and losing what could be a valuable foot soldier in the real fight ahead, it would seem more efficient and valuable to rally the troops and really take the fight to the real enemies of the 2nd Amendment. You know, the ones that want to infringe with prejudice or worse, repeal it.

I understand the "not one inch" argument. But while some here are quick to judge, jury and execute the low hanging fruit, the real enemies that could actually cause real infringement on the 2nd Amendment are moving along, unabated. How bout we spend our time and resources actually trying to destroy the obvious enemies instead of destroying one of our own?
View Quote
So true!

God forbid you admit to being a hunter around here...
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Friends,

Let me be very clear:

-Marty
View Quote
So the feet to the fire are yours? Because I see some hot-foot dancing in your post

EDIT - Brain-fart on my part (misread)
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What he did and has done for our cause vastly outweighed any comments that were poorly worded and quickly clarified.

Furthermore, as exemplified by his NY policy, his fundraisers and giveaways, there is history of his company siding with us.

Shit. GD already forgot about all the fucking free barrels he gave away every damn month.

That is my opinion.
View Quote
My opinion also.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So true!

God forbid you admit to being a hunter around here...
View Quote
I'm a hunter.  And am a Hunter Safety instructor in two states.  ZFG if that is an issue with anyone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
But is it good people?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But is it good people?
No, buy you seem like good people
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
EXCLUSIVE: Tim Kennedy’s Gun Control Statement, Clarified?

Read this and make your own decision.
View Quote
Talking in circles, throwing out tough guy virtue signaling profanity, and carpet bombing his previous statements with a generic blanket term as a "Here I said, now shut up". I don't make it a habit to trash people I don't know, but this dude is a straight up arrogant, lying asshole.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#25]
This thread is a disgrace.

The only community that gets slapped by the other side then starts throwing punches at its own.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The only community that gets slapped by the other side then starts throwing punches at its own.
View Quote
How do you know it's not the other side starting these threads?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's simple. You either support the 2nd A in it's entirety, or you don't. Luke warm opinions on the 2nd A are disgusting, and so are the people that spout them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How do you know it's not the other side starting these threads?
View Quote
Given who started it....wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#29]
All gunstores make you fill out a 4473.

That is an infringement

All gunstores don't fully support the 2a
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That is an infringement

View Quote
Incorrect.

The ATF requires gun stores to require you to fill out a 4473.

That is an infringement.

The ATF doesn't fully support the 2nd A.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:37:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Talking in circles, throwing out tough guy virtue signaling profanity, and carpet bombing his previous statements with a generic blanket term as a "Here I said, now shut up". I don't make it a habit to trash people I don't know, but this dude is a straight up arrogant, lying asshole.
View Quote
Just wanted to add the extra insight into his view

Not saying I agree with him.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:56:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Pat Mcnamara

The majority of these guys say some bullchit then back pedal and "oh, well what I meant was..."
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:11:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Listing Larue Tactical as anti-SA is perhaps the most retarded shit I have ever read on this site, and you guys have posted a lot of pretty retarded shit in GD over the years.

Congrats!

This thread is just fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#35]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 4:11:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Who is Tim Kennedy?
View Quote
Runner up for Cuck of the year award.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Incorrect.

That is an infringement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an infringement

Incorrect.

That is an infringement.

So does that make gun stores in collusion to subvert the Second Amendment
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pat Mcnamara

The majority of these guys say some bullchit then back pedal and "oh, well what I meant was..."
View Quote
What did Pat say?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What did Pat say?
View Quote
Klepper: What do you think of universal background checks?

McNamara: I don’t see any issue with it.

Klepper: What about mandatory 3-day waiting periods, is that too long?

McNamara: Nope, it’s not.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#41]
OP fucked himself with this thread.  Good job, OP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Klepper: What do you think of universal background checks?

McNamara: I don’t see any issue with it.

Klepper: What about mandatory 3-day waiting periods, is that too long?

McNamara: Nope, it’s not.
View Quote
Link? Where did he say this?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can we get pics of your Nolo Dillo, proving you put your money where you mouth is?

With the help of proven 2A supporters, I raised $150,000.00 in a couple hours time.   I'm still waterjetting the 3,000 dillos out of solid aluminum plates, tumbling them in, anodizing, engraving, packaging and free shipping to those 2A supporters that reached into their pockets to directly support Nolo.

Post a pic of proof of your 2A support as soon as I get it made and shipped at no cost to your address.

ML

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we get a list of those in the gun community who are secretly against the 2nd amendment? I cant keep up with all of them. Provide a link/proof and Ill update the OP as we go.

(snip)
Can we get pics of your Nolo Dillo, proving you put your money where you mouth is?

With the help of proven 2A supporters, I raised $150,000.00 in a couple hours time.   I'm still waterjetting the 3,000 dillos out of solid aluminum plates, tumbling them in, anodizing, engraving, packaging and free shipping to those 2A supporters that reached into their pockets to directly support Nolo.

Post a pic of proof of your 2A support as soon as I get it made and shipped at no cost to your address.

ML

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Mark would this hose be considered a "NFA" hose?

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When this thread became an attack on ML, it went full-blown retard.

Mark participates here.  Off the cuff and in the mix of it.   I've seen well-respected members here follow a rabbit-hole and get into stupid positions only to have to check themselves and walk it back.  They do, and life goes on.
I wasn't in or even looking to get into what Mark said.  It is obvious that a lot of context is needed, and likely a lot of shit-talking was going on.  Whatever.

Here's what I DO know.  Character is based on your values and the actions that are driven by those values.  Mark has walked the walk.  Sure, he is outspoken and may have pissed a few people off over the years. Okay... maybe more than a few.  I also know that he's been a STRONG supporter of the 2A in good times and bad times.

There's enough question to what he said that he gets an opportunity to clarify and his "official" position be accepted.  His actions over the years have certainly earned him that.

I'm not what you'd call a "fanboy." I own exactly two of his products-- 4 if you include my two hats.  But in my 10 years of being here, I have seen what he does and what he supports.  He's earned that benefit of the doubt whether some of us want to admit it or not.

I'll end this long (and likely bashed) post with one funny thing that Mark probably doesn't remember.

Six years ago, I lamented that I had to take my "Extremely Rightwing" bumpersticker off my toolbox because I was adopting my son, and the person coming for the Home Study was likely a very liberal social worker.  Mark sent me a personal message for my name and address.  A few days later, I was loaded down in replacements.

Sure, it was a small thing... but that shows Mark.  He is in the mix actively.  He is what he is.  But he is one of us.
View Quote
The guy gets donations to Nolo over $100K............used to give away a fucking rifle for FREE about every fucking month..........yet some call him anti gun.

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Listing Larue Tactical as anti-SA is perhaps the most retarded shit I have ever read on this site, and you guys have posted a lot of pretty retarded shit in GD over the years.

Congrats!

This thread is just fucking stupid.
View Quote
This.
What a retarded fucking thread.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That is my opinion.
View Quote
And any rational, critical thinking adult should come to this conclusion.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is my opinion.
Sadly, that applies to fewer and fewer of us each day. Many just fall in behind the 'cool kids' and bleat whatever they bleat.

While the argument might be made that this wasn't specifically a Larue bashing thread in the beginning, that's where it went. And it didn't waste any time getting there.

The level of hatred is stupefying. This thread needs to be locked.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sadly, that applies to fewer and fewer of us each day. Many just fall in behind the 'cool kids' and bleat whatever they bleat.

While the argument might be made that this wasn't specifically a Larue bashing thread in the beginning, that's where it went. And it didn't waste any time getting there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is my opinion.

It only became focused on Larue, because he doesn't belong on the list(and rightfully showed up to defend himself). I am no fan of Larue. I won't buy his products and he doesn't care. But I cannot say that he is anti 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OP I am going to ask you nicely to stop going after LaRue Tactical on this issue. He has made his rebuttal to your claims and confirmed his position on his support of the 2a.

I will refer you to this LINK to the CoC Addendum

Please note and read:

Bashing Pro 2nd Amendment companies: The bashing of companies that have a track record of working to support the 2nd Amendment is not allowed. This does not prevent anyone from discussing any current issues that they may have with a person, or product from the company. This rule is meant to cover those that continually attack, or work to harm a business based solely on some past bias. This rule may also apply to any person the Site feels is a strong proponent of the 2nd.
View Quote
The NRA is apparently not on this list.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top