Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm furious with NRA leadership, but i'm not going to take it out on a cooler company that probably has nothing to do with the NRA beyond selling them coolers.
View Quote
Since the NRA is ignoring and blocking member comments, may as well hammer their partners and advertisers.

I'm a Life member (for 10 yrs now) which means they can blow me off without worrying about not re-upping. They already got my money.

What will they fold on next? Binaries? Wrist braces? Everything non-factory?

Whoever is steering their ship has veered far off course.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

GOA?

Not being an asshole, honestly asking.
View Quote
I'm on the fence about them.  I'm donating to the 2nd Amendment Foundation through my Amazon smile and to Supermoose and Nolo directly.  I'll likely join the GOA as well on an annual basis.  At least they've filed a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Since the NRA is ignoring and blocking member comments, may as well hammer their partners and advertisers.

I'm a Life member (for 10 yrs now) which means they can blow me off without worrying about not re-upping. They already got my money.

View Quote
Proximity to the beltway corrupts all.

Money and power are addictive things.

What a ride it has been.  From the elation of handing the leftists a defeat two years ago and a continuation of the gains we've made in gun right over the past 10 years to being fully abandoned by the Republican party and the NRA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That is not consistent with the brief they wrote that was linked on TTAG.

They 100% KNOW this is a HUGE precedent that will haunt gun owners. 100% know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Cato Institute stuff is the most encouraging to me.

NRA seems to have been co-opted. There is no explaination for their bizarre behavior.
There's a perfectly simple explanation.

Donations were down because we held Congress and the Senate and had a President that said the assault on our rights was over.

They sacrificed the novelty of bump stocks to manufacture a crisis hoping their majority of unplugged members wouldn't notice, so they could beat the war drum in the next letter campaign.
That is not consistent with the brief they wrote that was linked on TTAG.

They 100% KNOW this is a HUGE precedent that will haunt gun owners. 100% know.
The brief and the cries from individual NRA representatives for Trump to do something were months apart and not related.

That brief is CYA when they realized doing something wasn't going to be as sacrificial as they'd hoped.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
NRA contact info

18006723888 "customer service"

https://contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its the membership that keeps LaPierre, Cox, Hammer and the like. The problem with the NRA is the membership. I was a member for decades with a few lapses. I voted a few times. Its all pissing into the wind. The NRA reorganized itself to protect itself and the base membership of the NRA  wants it that way. I too was part of the problem but the koolaid wore off and I left that cult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The NRA better clean house or they will continue to lose membership
Its the membership that keeps LaPierre, Cox, Hammer and the like. The problem with the NRA is the membership. I was a member for decades with a few lapses. I voted a few times. Its all pissing into the wind. The NRA reorganized itself to protect itself and the base membership of the NRA  wants it that way. I too was part of the problem but the koolaid wore off and I left that cult.
I agree NRA has turned into the swamp, their actions serve only self perpetuation, not objectives.

But god dammit I'm not willing to throw away the biggest org we have.  I'm still gonna try to be the "enemy within".  But I can't fault you a bit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I donate only to AZCDL.  Even my Amazon Smile money goes to them. They do good work.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm on the fence about them.  I'm donating to the 2nd Amendment Foundation through my Amazon smile and to Supermoose and Nolo directly.  I'll likely join the GOA as well on an annual basis.  At least they've filed a lawsuit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GOA?

Thank you for reminding me.

I just switched my charity from the NRA-ILA to the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

The NRA and I obviously don't care about the same things.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The destruction of the NRA (despite its need for reform) is a bigger win for leftists than the new lawless executive edict process.

The NRA's comment to the regulation on bumpstocks should be tacked, IMHO.

NRA's rep is getting destroyed and that is a HUGE win for the wrong people.

A must read for any present or former NRA member

Attacking the NRA is equivalent to running when the line breaks and being cut down by the "cavalry" of the leftist banners.

Hold the line. I know it's nearly corny but I don't think many people know what NRA said IN WRITING BEFORE this insane felony-penalty destruction order.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Proximity to the beltway corrupts all.

Money and power are addictive things.

What a ride it has been.  From the elation of handing the leftists a defeat two years ago and a continuation of the gains we've made in gun right over the past 10 years to being fully abandoned by the Republican party and the NRA.
View Quote
Phone calls, emails and letters to POTUS

Something along the lines of "ONE MORE GUN EO AND I AM VOTING AGAINST YOU. PRIMARY AND GENERAL ELECTION. SINCERELY, 2016 SUPPORTER"

The Democrats will use this as his GHWB "Read my lips" moment. 2nd term is hanging in the balance.

@DJTJR whatever name you may be using.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

GOA?

View Quote
I think it's worth a shot to do at least an annual membership and see what they do with it.
Earlier this year Larry Pratt actually showed up to the Harrisburg, PA pro-2A rally. I didn't see any NRA brass there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I actually just noticed something while reading this thread. Up until yesterday, I was getting daily (sometimes twice daily) calls from them asking for money. Yesterday rolls around and I haven’t heard a peep. I wonder if it’s at all related.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GOA?

Yeah, SAF is the only group I've been giving money to lately.

GOA seems to be doing work. They'll probably be getting my money soon too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The destruction of the NRA (despite its need for reform) is a bigger win than the new lawless executive edict process.

View Quote
The NRA needs to come out and make a case for why Trump's ban is not what they wanted then. Ignoring it is not helping them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thank you for reminding me.

I just switched my charity from the NRA-ILA to the 2nd Amendment Foundation.

The NRA and I obviously don't care about the same things.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I agree NRA has turned into the swamp, their actions serve only self perpetuation, not objectives.

But god dammit I'm not willing to throw away the biggest org we have.  I'm still gonna try to be the "enemy within".  But I can't fault you a bit.
View Quote
Beat the crap out if them within.

Demand new leadership. Hell, we oughta march on their damn offices.

Pick up whichever monthly NRA mag you get, start calling advertisers. Ask them why the NRA is blowing everyone off on this, and why they are supporting their inaction with advertising dollars. Make it a giant shit sammich for Wayne and crew to dine on.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Somebody with some Photoshop skills needs to change the "Stand and Fight" logo the NRA uses to one with a lawn chair with the text "Stand then Fold"

ETA: Maybe a better slogan would be "Wobble then Fold"
View Quote
Not exactly what you wanted, but I made these right after they came out in favor of the bumpstock ban.  Use/share/spread as necessary on social media.

Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The NRA needs to come out and make a case for why Trump's ban is not what they wanted then. Ignoring it is not helping them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The destruction of the NRA (despite its need for reform) is a bigger win than the new lawless executive edict process.

They are making a literal life or death decision with how to handle Trump and the next two years. Trump is as dangerous as any politician ever but I believe he is going to go further with gun control.

Think of who they are dealing with. The Orange guy is WITHOUT SCRUPLES.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Attacking the NRA is equivalent to running when the line breaks and being cut down by the "cavalry" of the leftist banners.

Hold the line. I know it's nearly corny but I don't think many people know what NRA said IN WRITING BEFORE this insane felony-penalty destruction order.
View Quote
Oh. A "wonderfully written letter" that accompished nothing.

It's our responsibility to go digging for something positive on a matter which the NRA is blatantly ignoring?

WTF do we pay them for? "Wonderfully written letters" that fail?

Where are they? Left all their phones off the hook, shut down comments and split for a loooooong holiday week or five?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#20]
No other organization could produce such an EPIC ad.

The NRA played a critical role in Trump's win, whether that total ingrate concedes it or not.

Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Can I get a refund on my lifetime membership?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, let's get the record straight about that.  What they said BEFORE.

DATE:   October 9, 2017

TO:

My Fellow Board & Council Members & Friends

RE:

Misinformation and Distortion Anger Me

In 1934 the first federal gun control law in America was passed. The National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) became the law of the land. The NRA was asleep at the switch. Most of us hadn't even been born then. It is not of our making but like all good, honest, law-abiding Americans, the NRA obeys the law. The NFA regulates fully-automatic firearms and has done so for 83 years.

The "bump-stock" device, used by the killer in the Las Vegas shooting, converts a semi-auto rifle to a full-auto rifle. Anyone who has ever used a bump-stock or watched a video demonstrating its use, can only conclude that it is a converter.

If you listened to an audio recording of the shooting during that horrific massacre, you must have concluded that it was full-auto fire. You were not alone, many firearms experts and law enforcement professionals came to the same conclusion. It was not until later that information was released disclosing that bump-stocks had been used to convert semi-automatic firearms to perform like full-auto firearms.

In spite of the seemingly noble reason the manufacturer claims for developing it, the bump-stock circumvents federal law. Regardless of the quality and reliability or lack thereof of this device  it converts a semi-auto to full-auto when installed.

Do you have any idea how many people were shocked out of their minds when ATF decided bump-stocks were not subject to regulation and APPROVED them for sale and use? That was under the Obama administration for crying out loud. Your mind is forced to run wild wondering why.

Once the ruling was made, what would you expect NRA to do? Do you think NRA should have said, Oh! No, ATF is wrong, ATF made a mistake?

It doesn't matter what laws the NRA doesn't agree with or doesn't like, the NRA must abide by the law. For decades, over and over again when the enemies of the Second Amendment have tried to capitalize on tragedies by calling for more gun control, NRA has called for enforcing existing law. That is exactly what we are doing now.

Make no mistake, the NRA has NOT cleared the way for more regulation. If it were not for ATF's wink and nod to the manufacturer of the bump-stock, it would already be regulated under federal law. NRA has tossed it back into ATF's lap where it belongs. NRA has not agreed to any new legislation nor has NRA said we agree with any existing NFA legislation. NRA has not agreed to a ban. NRA has not agreed to anything. NRA simply insists upon enforcing existing law.

The enemies freedom and the Second Amendment are spewing hysteria from the podiums they have planted in the blood of innocent victims. These anti-Second Amendment heretics are using these victims as their stalking horse to get some new gun control legislation on the floor of the Congress.

These victims have fallen and are suffering because of the evil acts of a deranged madman who could have carried out his destruction even if bump-stocks were not available under ATF's approval. He would have found another way.

Don't blame bump-stocks, don't blame ATF, don't blame anybody but the evil people who perpetrated this crime. No law, no regulation stops those with evil in their hearts.

The frantic cries from antagonists who want to take your freedom are intended to stampede you and Congress into supporting more gun control.

But it doesn't stop there. Is it not clear to you that, just like the media, some members of the NRA Board are misinterpreting what the NRA has said?

Additionally, there are "Trojan horse members" who are deliberately misinterpreting what the NRA has said. Just like having an (R) after your name doesn't make you a conservative Republican, having an NRA membership card doesn't make you an honest member.

Be very careful of anti-NRA people claiming to have many supporters who are merely standing in a hall of mirrors and seeing their own reflections. Don't be fooled.

This fight is not about the personal financial interests of NRA Board members. This fight should not be used by any individual Board member to attack NRA as a means elevate their own popularity with dissidents and "Trojan horse members."

This particular fight is about following existing law. If you don't believe that bump-stocks convert semi-autos to full-autos then you have not seen what I have seen. While the conversion may be reversible by removing and replacing the device, it none less makes a semi-auto perform like a full-auto when installed.

We do not need new legislation, we do not need new regulation, we simply need ATF to review it's previous approval and enforce existing law. That's what NRA said. That will render bump-stocks irrelevant. There is no need for Congress to be stampeded into doing anything else. No matter how you twist it, or what your own personal agenda may be, the NRA has not compromised.

If ATF won't do it on its own, President Trump should order ATF to review it's ruling made under the Obama administration.

We should stand united. We need to enforce existing law. We don't need any new gun control legislation. Any member of Congress who wants to sacrifice more of our freedom under the pretense of providing safety should know that we don't forgive the betrayal of freedom or the Second Amendment and we won't give a wink and a nod to political eye wash as a substitute for backbone.

The only legislation we need to see on the floor of Congress right now is carry reciprocity and elimination of suppressor regulations.

Marion Hammer
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Seems like they got exactly what they wanted.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#23]
SHOT Show this year will be interesting at the NRA booth!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
so, what gun rights did the nra gain for you from spending $329,831,651 in expenses in 2017?

did you get access to the nra carribean / central american hideaway 'investment'?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not exactly what you wanted, but I made these right after they came out in favor of the bumpstock ban.  Use/share/spread as necessary on social media.

https://i.imgur.com/t05pX1E.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5Pxkztt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6B3tVmk.jpg
View Quote
NO REAL ACTION - IT LOOKS ABYSMAL

NOT REALLY AMERICAN

NICE RETIREMENT ACCOUNT, WAYNE
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#26]
USPS is the biggest parcel delivery organization in the nation!  Why would we give up on USPS!  UPS and Fed Ex aren't nearly as big or effective.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Marion the traitor.

Architect of Strategic Surrender.

They've got a crazy cat lady running the show.

(I don't even own a bumpstock, nor ever really wanted one. These idiots don't grasp the concept of incrementalism. The left will push for more, which Trump may or may not accommodate. Then they'll bludgeon him with it in 2020. Appeasement never works. Ever.)
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
This works for the dems, maybe we should start fighting the way they do if we want any type of victory.

I don’t have instrragram, but figured I would go see how bad they re getting tore up on Facebook. I didn’t see a single post holding them to the fire.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, I made a couple of smart ass comments early on when they posted this to Facebook yesterday.

Got a shit ton of comment reactions and then 'poof', my comment was gone and all of the notifications pertaining to it were gone as well.

The comments in question?

'How many bumpstocks will fit in their coolers?'

'Do they come in red flag law red?'

Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#30]
A well-fed Militia, being necessary to the picnics of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear coolers, shall not be infringed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This works for the dems, maybe we should start fighting the way they do if we want any type of victory.

I don't have instrragram, but figured I would go see how bad they re getting tore up on Facebook. I didn't see a single post holding them to the fire.
View Quote
That's funny because I made over a dozen today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, let's get the record straight about that.  What they said BEFORE.

Seems like they got exactly what they wanted.
View Quote
Except you lie.  They opposed a ban from the start.  You are sowing dissent in the gun owner community and helping the 100% anti-gun enemy.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
so, what gun rights did the nra gain for you from spending $329,831,651 in expenses in 2017?

did you get access to the nra carribean / central american hideaway 'investment'?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2917/nra_2017_990002_2018-12-05_11_11_44_jpg-761516.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2917/nra_2017_990002_2018-12-05_11_11_44_jpg-761516.JPG
I'm not telling you what to do.  But for me, I'm not a quitter.  Maybe we could finally get NRA straightened out if more like minded folks, such as you and I, worked together from within to fix that clusterfuck, instead of running away like a pissy pants little bitch.

Pain is temporary, giving up is forever.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Except you lie.  They opposed a ban from the start.  You are sowing dissent in the gun owner community and helping the 100% anti-gun enemy.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/nra_JPG-777814.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/nra2_jpg-777815.JPG
View Quote
I lie?  I'm posting exactly what they said from their own fucking websites.

You are correct, I'm sowing dissent.  I'm absolutely sowing dissent.  And I will continue to sow dissent in the NRA daily, on every platform I'm able, because it's time to fucking dissent.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don’t have instrragram, but figured I would go see how bad they re getting tore up on Facebook. I didn’t see a single post holding them to the fire.
View Quote
I don't do social media, but suspect that NRA with help from FB, Twatyer and other social media censors prune everything negative about the bumpstock ban. Maybe someone can try posting and see how long it takes to get disappeared. I'm guessing under an hour.

Someone want to try it? Place your bets...
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I donated to the GOA as soon as I saw this post on IG from the NRA.   I noticed they turned off comments as well.   Not a dime more to the NRA from me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Wayne shithead needs to apologize to the membership and all gun owners.
View Quote
And then resign. Get someone hard core in his seat. And Chris Cox needs to go also.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is it made out of melted down bumpstocks?
View Quote
Why yes, yes it is...
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not telling you what to do.  But for me, I'm not a quitter.  Maybe we could finally get NRA straightened out if more like minded folks, such as you and I, worked together from within to fix that clusterfuck, instead of running away like a pissy pants little bitch.

View Quote
When we had the ability to nominate board members that was a possibility.  Now you're just electing to throw good money after bad so that Marion and Wayne don't have to get real jobs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I saw that yesterday, unfollowed them shortly after. When I re-checked the post this AM, I noticed that they pulled the comments. I will not support them in any way, shape, or form, from this point out.

They are a total joke. All they want is $.
View Quote
GOOOD GOOOD.....let the butthurt flow through you....
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#41]
smh

NRA got fooled by Trump's bullshit, but so did I.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125898/Capture_JPG-777816.JPG
View Quote
Go look at that same post. I guess they cleaned it all out.

I did re click the new post and it looks like the ones made in the last few minutes have not been deleted yet.
They were not there when I First looked.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I did re click the new post and it looks like the ones made in the last few minutes have not been deleted yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125898/Capture_JPG-777816.JPG

I assumed they would of course.  Can't have any dissent.  Marion needs a new boat.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agree completely that we as members should be.lighting up their phone lines, which are busy at the moment, and write stern letters, which no doubt will be circular filed.

We've got plenty of members in customer service for various companies. They can attest to what works and what doesn't.

Here's what any org in DC listens to: $$$$

That's pretty much it. Maybe Judicial Watch and a handful still have the fire. The NRA folded in what should be job #1. Protecting the 2nd. H3ll, they should be challenging the NFA. Instead we get, "okey dokey, 1934 is law of the land, let's help the left by getting Marion and her cats to support expanding its scope"

Atrocious, unacceptable and utterly unaccountable.

They're more worried about invites on the Beltway social circuit. Can't lose that insider cachet.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/nra_JPG-777814.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/nra2_jpg-777815.JPG
View Quote
What about a direct quite from a board member that is paid $300,000 of member's money a year?

"The “bump-stock” device, used by the killer in the Las Vegas shooting, converts a semi-auto rifle to a full-auto rifle." -Marion Hammer

Will that not do for you?

You think I twisted her words or maybe took them from an old letter from years ago?

Fine.

Full text:

DATE:   October 9, 2017
TO:       My Fellow Board & Council Members & Friends
RE:       Misinformation and Distortion Anger Me

In 1934 the first federal gun control law in America was passed. The National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA) became the law of the land. The NRA was asleep at the switch. Most of us hadn’t even been born then. It is not of our making but like all good, honest, law-abiding Americans, the NRA obeys the law. The NFA regulates fully-automatic firearms and has done so for 83 years.

The “bump-stock” device, used by the killer in the Las Vegas shooting, converts a semi-auto rifle to a full-auto rifle. Anyone who has ever used a bump-stock or watched a video demonstrating its use, can only conclude that it is a converter.

If you listened to an audio recording of the shooting during that horrific massacre, you must have concluded that it was full-auto fire. You were not alone, many firearms experts and law enforcement professionals came to the same conclusion. It was not until later that information was released disclosing that bump-stocks had been used to convert semi-automatic firearms to perform like full-auto firearms.

In spite of the seemingly noble reason the manufacturer claims for developing it, the bump-stock circumvents federal law. Regardless of the quality and reliability or lack thereof of this device – it converts a semi-auto to full-auto when installed.

Do you have any idea how many people were shocked out of their minds when ATF decided bump-stocks were not subject to regulation and APPROVED them for sale and use? That was under the Obama administration for crying out loud. Your mind is forced to run wild wondering why.

Once the ruling was made, what would you expect NRA to do? Do you think NRA should have said, Oh! No, ATF is wrong, ATF made a mistake?

It doesn’t matter what laws the NRA doesn’t agree with or doesn’t like, the NRA must abide by the law. For decades, over and over again when the enemies of the Second Amendment have tried to capitalize on tragedies by calling for more gun control, NRA has called for enforcing existing law. That is exactly what we are doing now.

Make no mistake, the NRA has NOT cleared the way for more regulation. If it were not for ATF’s wink and nod to the manufacturer of the bump-stock, it would already be regulated under federal law. NRA has tossed it back into ATF’s lap where it belongs. NRA has not agreed to any new legislation nor has NRA said we agree with any existing NFA legislation. NRA has not agreed to a ban. NRA has not agreed to anything. NRA simply insists upon enforcing existing law.

The enemies freedom and the Second Amendment are spewing hysteria from the podiums they have planted in the blood of innocent victims. These anti-Second Amendment heretics are using these victims as their stalking horse to get some new gun control legislation on the floor of the Congress.

These victims have fallen and are suffering because of the evil acts of a deranged madman who could have carried out his destruction even if bump-stocks were not available under ATF’s approval. He would have found another way.

Don’t blame bump-stocks, don’t blame ATF, don’t blame anybody but the evil people who perpetrated this crime. No law, no regulation stops those with evil in their hearts.

The frantic cries from antagonists who want to take your freedom are intended to stampede you and Congress into supporting more gun control.

But it doesn’t stop there. Is it not clear to you that, just like the media, some members of the NRA Board are misinterpreting what the NRA has said?

Additionally, there are “Trojan horse members” who are deliberately misinterpreting what the NRA has said. Just like having an (R) after your name doesn’t make you a conservative Republican, having an NRA membership card doesn’t make you an honest member.

Be very careful of anti-NRA people claiming to have many supporters who are merely standing in a hall of mirrors and seeing their own reflections. Don’t be fooled.

This fight is not about the personal financial interests of NRA Board members. This fight should not be used by any individual Board member to attack NRA as a means elevate their own popularity with dissidents and “Trojan horse members.”

This particular fight is about following existing law. If you don’t believe that bump-stocks convert semi-autos to full-autos then you have not seen what I have seen. While the conversion may be reversible by removing and replacing the device, it none less makes a semi-auto perform like a full-auto when installed.

We do not need new legislation, we do not need new regulation, we simply need ATF to review it’s previous approval and enforce existing law. That’s what NRA said.That will render bump-stocks irrelevant. There is no need for Congress to be stampeded into doing anything else. No matter how you twist it, or what your own personal agenda may be, the NRA has not compromised.

If ATF won’t do it on its own, President Trump should order ATF to review it’s ruling made under the Obama administration.

We should stand united. We need to enforce existing law. We don’t need any new gun control legislation. Any member of Congress who wants to sacrifice more of our freedom under the pretense of providing safety should know that we don’t forgive the betrayal of freedom or the Second Amendment and we won’t give a wink and a nod to political eye wash as a substitute for backbone.

The only legislation we need to see on the floor of Congress right now is carry reciprocity and elimination of suppressor regulations.

Marion Hammer

There. Explain that away. Or just admit you would be first in line if the NRA was passing out cock flavored lollipops.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#48]
maybe they keep their balls in their...... cause they sure aint using them
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#49]
So many want the NRA to be aggressive and take risks to advance the Second Amendment.

Trump was that risk and it was a mistake.

Trump is a gun banner.

Stand with the NRA. Judge Trump by what he does vs. the historic level complete BULLSHIT he claimed during the campaign.

All the other RINOs would have just done the same old lip service while allowing the Second to erode.

Trump promised an absolute shit ton of WIN (we'd be tired of it) and then TOTALLY BLEW IT OFF LIKE HE NEVER SAID IT.

NRA took a calculated risk in the hopes of HUGE wins. That hasn't happened but that is on Paul Ryan, and the most recent ban on DONALD TRUMP.

Trump has never stopped pissing off the MSM and the r establishment, often for no good reason at all.

If you truly want to preserve the Second Amendment, trashing the NRA is INSANE.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey look, another low post count 13er starting anti-NRA threads.  Dem lurkers really phone it in these days.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top