Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
this may be the weirdest thread on this forum for almost forever.

wat round for baby?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
SONOFA, I saw something about where the craft was stolen.....but not this.........
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seems to be a guy who for most of his life got ground into the dirt, but for a little while, he soared.
View Quote
This, I dont condone his actions, but part of me understands them, in the end he only hurt himself, and the ins  company.  I still find it sad though.

ETA, now it was their own plane, but the end of second hand lions, if I knew it was time...........I would go that way with a smile on my face.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder what Jordan B Peterson will say about this.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You guys are glorifying this asshole?
View Quote
Half the country is. My pilot buddies say he is an instant Hero in their eyes.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't besmirch the real SkyKing by calling this loser that.  He stole and destroyed a commercial plane.  Endangered many people.

He was a two bit thieving loser.  Enjoy hell you scumbag.
View Quote
Look who's jealous.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Video with transcript and Danger Zone

Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I find it kinda stupid how hard people are on a person who kills them self. Something is wrong to the point that they want to kill themselves and you guys sit around complaining about the decisions they make.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys are glorifying this asshole?
It would be cool if it was HIS plane.  But otherwise fuck that guy.
I find it kinda stupid how hard people are on a person who kills them self. Something is wrong to the point that they want to kill themselves and you guys sit around complaining about the decisions they make.
I don't see him any any different than killdozer or stolen tank guy.  Nobody or at least very few here tear down those guys and their legacy.
We all have a breaking point.  Most of us never get pushed past it, or really even close to it in our lifetimes.
We don't know his whole story, or what caused him to decide to end it the way he did.  Maybe someday we will, and then it might be appropriate to pass judgement,

There's a lot worse people, and a lot of them, in this land, that would make the world a better place by ending their existence.  This guy didn't appear to be one of them from what we know so far.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder what Jordan B Peterson will say about this.
View Quote
Chapter of his latest book was titled. Don't bother kids when they are skateboarding. The gist being, "don't disturb someone when they are doing something dangerous to themselves and only themselves". Especially if it's the first time that thing has ever been done.

Hmm.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I like that movie alot. What a film
View Quote
It's one of my favorites
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#12]
How many guys went home from a shitty day of rampie life to do the same thing they do every night and will do the same tomorrow? Who gives a shit about those guys? Nobody.

Rich said fuck it,I’m going out on top. He became a momentary folk hero for the same reason so many can quote Office Space or every movie that has anti heroes go full fuck it. Do I envy him or think he’s any form of role model? Of course not. Can I help thinking what he did was pretty freaking sweet on an absurd level? No,I really can’t;score one for the white guy all out of fucks to gives.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How many guys went home from a shitty day of rampie life to do the same thing they do every night and will do the same tomorrow? Who gives a shit about those guys? Nobody.

Rich said fuck it,I’m going out on top. He became a momentary folk hero for the same reason so many can quote Office Space or every movie that has anti heroes go full fuck it. Do I envy him or think he’s any form of role model? Of course not. Can I help thinking what he did was pretty freaking sweet on an absurd level? No,I really can’t;score one for the white guy all out of fucks to gives.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Maybe. Or maybe he was a paraplegic, or diabetic, or had heart disease, or worked until he was 70 at a job he loathed. There are lots of fates worse than death.
View Quote
GD is full of successful Alphas.  Ain’t no one got time for your post.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can see this becoming a movie...
View Quote
Talk about adding insult to injury.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Rich. May you have found peace. May your soul rest easy and your frustrations be

The company's CEO isn't angry. It's a write off. No one was hurt other than Mr Skyking himself.

While I don't condone the theft of the equipment. I respect that a suicidal man at his wits end, chose to do a barrel roll and not kill innocents.

Rich, I'll have a drink for you tonight in your honor.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Half the country is. My pilot buddies say he is an instant Hero in their eyes.
View Quote
I’ve been working on Hornets for almost 30 years.  There isn’t one of us (maintainers) that hasn’t thought about/dreamed about it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Envying the dead: SkyKing in memoriam
The Man, The Myth & The Meme

*snip*

RIP Skyking.

https://medium.com/@whispersfromtheblackegg/envying-the-dead-skyking-in-memoriam-99262389268f
View Quote
What a load of hyperbolic horseshit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep. Im not going to celebrate this guys actions. I remember many times when people who commit suicide are called cowards by many on this forum but for some reason this guy is celebrated.

It wasn't like he fought for his rights and writed a wrong by going rouge, he stole a piece of expensive equipment that belonged to another and destroyed it. Not to mention putting people on the ground in danger because he had no flight experience, what would have happened if he lost it and crashed into a populated area.
View Quote
How many of those cowards took off in a plane and did barrel rolls and trolled those trying to talk him out of it?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Dat Barrel Roll notwithstanding.....From what I gather his last couple minutes of life were filled with lots of screaming, puking, and crying.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Look who's jealous.
View Quote
ya he's pretty jelly..
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://images1.westword.com/imager/u/745xauto/8996136/falling_down_douglas_squat.jpg
I’m the bad guy??
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Skyking not only stole an aircraft... he stole our hearts.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#28]
The difference between his suicide and others is we had time to connect, to hear his voice, some of his pain , and also a piece of who he was. Did he fuck shit up, yes. If I chose to go out on my own, I’d fuck shit up too. Still not ok. If you haven’t been to a desperate part of life, congrats. I don’t wish that on anyone, but to those of us that have experienced it, we can understand a bit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#29]
That's ironic, considering he crashed into trees and probably went out like Wash.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Not condoning what he did, but will give him respect for not going out like a bitch via suicide by gun, or suicide by cop.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dat Barrel Roll notwithstanding.....From what I gather his last couple minutes of life were filled with lots of screaming, puking, and crying.
View Quote
Sounded pretty fine to me on the audio, except for the one time he vomited due to being lightheaded.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#32]
He died doing what he loved.  Being awesome!

RIP, Skyking!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Rich. May you have found peace. May your soul rest easy and your frustrations be

The company's CEO isn't angry. It's a write off. No one was hurt other than Mr Skyking himself.

While I don't condone the theft of the equipment. I respect that a suicidal man at his wits end, chose to do a barrel roll and not kill innocents.

Rich, I'll have a drink for you tonight in your honor.
View Quote
RIP Skyking  
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sounded pretty fine to me on the audio, except for the one time he vomited due to being lightheaded.
View Quote
Due to the nature of the screaming and crying the news outlets would not air it......I'm sure it will become available in the near future, if it's not already.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Rich, You magnificent bastard. Damn fine barrel roll son.
View Quote
This!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is the single stupidest thing I have ever read! The 90 year old managed to cram in an additional 60 years of enjoying life!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather go out like this than as a 90 year old pissing and shitting himself in a old folks home.
This is the single stupidest thing I have ever read! The 90 year old managed to cram in an additional 60 years of enjoying life!
I think the point is/was that Rich went out at the time and manner of his own choosing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Sky King from when I was a kid.......

Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm just going to say that there's some real fucked up shit being displayed in this thread. Some of it is boyish silliness, but the rest is some fucked up shit.
View Quote
There are tons of desperate broken people here, just looking for the inspiration.

its our culture and our times.

I hope this billy madison retard doesn't inspire to many copycats.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People are saying he committed suicide...

I have to wonder. Did he really commit suicide? Or was it accidental? Couldnt he havr passed out? I get it that he wasnt high enough... but he did report feeling lightheaded and he was apparently puking all over the cockpit.
View Quote
dude.... WTF?    
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Hero of Canton - The man they call Jayne (original/full scene)
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#42]
LCpl Howard Foote stole a jet, performed acrobatics, and then landed.  Twice as cool.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
LCpl Howard Foote stole a jet, performed acrobatics, and then landed.  Twice as cool.
View Quote
How about the Huey joyride and landing at the White House. (1974)

The White House Helicopter Incident - www.NBCUniversalArchives.com
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Man chose the time and place of his ending. Even if I disagree with the how and why of him doing it, he stared the abyss down and did a 10 point swan dive in.

That deserves a certain kind of respect.

Lot of people here talk about how they'd like to go out like Jax Teller, this man did, except he didn't gank anyone first.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#45]
He packed their bags, last night - pre-flight

Zero Hour.

9PM.

...and he's gonna be hiiiiiiiiiiigh as a kite by then.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ughhh, I was trying to stay uninvolved in this thread, but just a FYI to those desperate depressed white guys who were born with a bad hand:

You can play that hand with guts and determination, to where they pay you Three bucks a minute to fly the plane safely, and land it, Repeatedly.  And you can be an actual hero to your family.

Fwiw, that barrel roll Sucked.   It sucked on every level; from pro suck, down to suicidal suck.  It sucked, and his story sucked.    It's profoundly disturbing to see so many people celebrating it.

On any given day, there are ten million Illegal immigrants living better, Suceeding better, than that loser.   Life is a Darwinian struggle.   In the words of the Prophet:    "It's up to You, you..you".
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ughhh, I was trying to stay uninvolved in this thread, but just a FYI to those desperate depressed white guys who were born with a bad hand:

You can play that hand with guts and determination, to where they pay you Three bucks a minute to fly the plane safely, and land it, Repeatedly.  And you can be an actual hero to your family.

Fwiw, that barrel roll Sucked.   It sucked on every level; from pro suck, down to suicidal suck.  It sucked, and his story sucked.    It's profoundly disturbing to see so many people celebrating it.

On any given day, there are ten million Illegal immigrants living better, Suceeding better, than that loser.   Life is a Darwinian struggle.   In the words of the Prophet:    "It's up to You, you..you".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rich said fuck it,I'm going out on top. He became a momentary folk hero for the same reason so many can quote Office Space or every movie that has anti heroes go full fuck it. Do I envy him or think he's any form of role model? Of course not. Can I help thinking what he did was pretty freaking sweet on an absurd level? No,I really can't;score one for the white guy all out of fucks to gives.

Aaaaaand attitudes like that are why people are pushed over the edge of depression and off themselves.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Due to the nature of the screaming and crying the news outlets would not air it......I'm sure it will become available in the near future, if it's not already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, you do know that we listened to it live … right?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#49]
There isn't a good "justification" for his actions because those actions weren't those of a rational person. Once can appreciate the novelty and uniqueness of the event without needing to glorify it in any way. I can appreciate a person who chooses to not put others at risk for his irrational actions. I can't abide by suicide regardless of the reason but I can appreciate a certain element of style from the man when I see it.

RIP Rich, your demons no longer plague you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's the little kid in you that checked bulldozers for keys when you were 12 riding bikes.

It's being on a long flight and thinking "Man, be pretty cool if he let me fly for a little bit"

It's Kramer driving the rear of the ladder truck.

It's not about the suicide.

There's tons of stuff people are unqualified to do, but always wanted to try.

That's really all there is to guys thinking it's cool.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top