BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is this an open Primary?

If so, that would be the only reason for endorsing the Strange so democrats vote against him. Just a guess that since Trump endorsed Strange, democrats will vote for the other guys.
View Quote
11th Dimension Connect Four
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Is this an open Primary?

If so, that would be the only reason for endorsing the Strange so democrats vote against him. Just a guess that since Trump endorsed Strange, democrats will vote for the other guys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No fake news here. Trump endorsed Luther Strange, who is one of McConnell's yes men.

6/7/17 AL.com - McConnell groups backing Luther Strange to run $2.4M in ads starting next week
7/31/17 Politico - McConnell wages war down South

Strange was only appointed to fill Sessions' seat because the Love Gov was being investigated by Strange's office. Love Gov Bentley later resigned, you may remember.
11/3/16 Bentley impeachment process on hold for investigation by AG Strange
4/12/17 Bentley wanted to 'get rid' of Luther Strange, lawmaker says

Strange's main challengers are Rep. Mo Brooks (Freedom Caucus) and Roy Moore (a favorite among the evangelicals).

Praise KEK, MAGA, 3D Chess, You Don't Understand How Business Works, He's only been in the DC for 7 months, You seem concerned, etc...

Is this an open Primary?

Or he is throwing a bone to McConnell so he will actually start doing some work
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Considering Trump endorsements have yet to win an election...you might be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dude really need to start acting like a president and stop with the tweet shit.

And yes I voted for him.
View Quote
I have seen how Presidents act in the past 20 years, and I am grateful that President Trump acts like none of them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good thing nobody gives a fuck what you think
View Quote
If only lots of people didn't agree with him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#6]
MAGA
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And Mo was a #nevertrump. Personally I don't care who wins your election but I can understand Trumps reluctance to support him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know Mo Brooks to some extent personally (he was my attorney for my business on a few occasions).  For a lawyer and now a politician I have found him to be unusually honest for the breed.

I also have some knowledge of Luther Strange, a bit more second hand but close sources, and I can tell you without a doubt that that man will say and do anything to be elected. He has no principles beyond a desire to sit in the senate till he dies.

The man is running ads about wanting to "drain the swamp", yet he's allied himself with the biggest swamp creature of them all, Mitch McConnell.  

You may be upset that he opposed your guy in the primary, but he did *exactly* what you guys said should be done and turned around and supported Trump in the general because Trump was clearly the best pick in that election.  He has a record of opposing RINOs for awhile now.  Strange *is* a RINO - you don't get $10M from McConnnell for being a real conservative.  That $10M will obligate Strange to support McConnell and the establishment Republicans till his last day in office.

So yes, I support Brooks.
And Mo was a #nevertrump. Personally I don't care who wins your election but I can understand Trumps reluctance to support him.
Sounds like Strange is the best of a bad situation, and now McTurtle will owe President Trump a favor.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be happier with him if he acted more professional and knock it off with the tweets and public insults against other politicians. To me it shows characteristics of immaturity and weak leadership.

It's getting grade school level retarded.
Not even enough to type a reply right sweetheart
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know but that must be coincidental but I'm sure he still doesn't care enough to type out a another reply letting us know that he in fact doesn't care 
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Considering Trump endorsements have yet to win an election...you might be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, You want to try again?

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe Trump is just following thru on his promise to fight Freedom Caucus guys.

He'll even choose The Swamp over The Freedom Caucus. #MAGA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see someone has seen Mitch McConnell's Super PAC ads.

7/26/17 GOP Rep. Mo Brooks: Mitch McConnell has 'got to go'
I'm in Washington St. they won't run your states political ads here. But I remember Mo Brooks trashing Trump and appearently Trump remembers also

Fuck Mconnel and his superpac for using Trump to get their guy elected.
Maybe Trump is just following thru on his promise to fight Freedom Caucus guys.

He'll even choose The Swamp over The Freedom Caucus. #MAGA
The Freedom Caucus does not represent the best interests of America.

Sorry, but the country isn't in 1780 anymore, it cannot be run as if it were.

Women can vote and get jobs now, and slavery has been abolished.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Really? I'm mad he isn't taking a blood baths while he tweets.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The swamp ain't going anywhere nor dry. Some alligators may change but the swamp remains.

Let me keep my guns, keep the enemy away, don't tax me to death and its good enough for me. I didn't expect much to change when I voted for Trump but hopefully I get the three things I named.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know but that must be coincidental but I'm sure he still doesn't care enough to type out a another reply letting us know that he in fact doesn't care 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody gives a fuck what you think
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#15]
ha ha ha....

people all upset about mcconnell supporting strange.

yet, when rand sucked up to (sucked off ?) and became the a boy toy of mcconnell, inorder to be able to get mcconnell to help him arrange for a kentucky caucus so he could run for both the presidency, and also run to keep his senate seat, where was the outrage?

so rand is also a rino? ohhhhhh.... rand is "your conservative" so it's okay....

right.

edit - strangely quiet about mcconnell's rino rand.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The swamp ain't going anywhere nor dry. Some alligators may change but the swamp remains.
View Quote
My question on this so called swamp that some keeping talking about - what is different with it now than say 20 years ago?

If the answer is nothing then what are we trying to change?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LOL, You want to try again?

View Quote
That was during the run off when it was Handel vs. Ossoff, the democrat? Am I wrong?

Edit: I mean trump endorsements in the primary have never won.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't give a fuck if he uses Twitter or a fucking carrier pigeon if he would fight the D.C. establishment instead of propping it up.  

Trump is on course to be the next Nixon... fantastic on foreign policy and fucking terrible to not-so-hot on everything else.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
But Mitch McConnell does? LOL

The Turtle thanks you for your support.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#20]
7 dimension Shoots and Ladders......

Sorry your girl lost, get over it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say that? No, I did not.

Hillary thanks you for your support.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Or just maybe their is not a swamp issue, it's always been there, and people only see what they want to see. At what point in your life was there not this so called swamp?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only way the swamp gets drained is a meteor or canned sunshine.

Electing a couple newbies here and there does nothing.They will be assimilated.

Or just maybe their is not a swamp issue, it's always been there, and people only see what they want to see. At what point in your life was there not this so called swamp?
Swamp is a fairly new term.

Wretched hive of scum and villainy works well too.

When I was young and had more hope/optimism,I had respect for those in DC.As time goes on and your Party of smaller government,less spending,personal freedom,etc...does the opposite,it's hard not to be a pessimist.

You get to the point that you see that it will not change.

Trump may,may be a slight reprieve,but with the majority of the same shit in DC,I see no real chance of meaningful attempts to cut spending and the size of government.

Not much we can do but enjoy the ride...........
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom Caucus, Evangelicals, or GOPeeeeeeeeee

pick one
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

pick one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pick one
The Trump Party. Replace all senators up in 2018 with those who will actually MAGA.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Trump Party. Replace all senators up in 2018 with those who will actually MAGA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pick one
Do you think Mitch is going to MAGA?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My question on this so called swamp that some keeping talking about - what is different with it now than say 20 years ago?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The size of government,along with it's intrusion into every facet of our lives,and spending are increasing.

The internet brings a lot of what the cockroaches do to life.

No doubt there has always been graft and corruption,but it seems like it has accelerated in the last decade or so.

Smaller government,less spending,pro 2nd,etc...has gone by the wayside.Some of us would like to see the shit stop and people held accountable for the blatant crimes in DC.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not so far he hasn't. If he pulls his head out of his shell and gets the Healthcare, Tax and infrastructure bills passed, then we can talk about his job prospects. As of now he needs to be replaced at the first possible opportunity.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, you're bucking for something fictional or you're hoping Trump will split the GOP into competing parties, like a volcano tearing the very earth asunder?  #MAGMA I guess...
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The size of government,along with it's intrusion into every facet of our lives,and spending are increasing.

No doubt there has always been graft and corruption,but it seems like it has accelerated in the last decade or so.

Smaller government,less spending,pro 2nd,etc...has gone by the wayside.Some of us would like to see the shit stop and people held accountable for the blatant crimes in DC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not real old depending on who you ask and have only lived through a handful of presidents but by looking at history things are no different than the past. But then again people have always found things to be unhappy about with the administration at any given time.

Look at whats happening currently here on arf,  there is more whining now than when Obama was in. Something to think about
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not so far he hasn't. If he pulls his head out of his shell and gets the Healthcare, Tax and infrastructure bills passed, then we can talk about his job prospects. As of now he needs to be replaced at the first possible opportunity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's only been in office since 1985..................I'm sure he's really going to work on tax reform and cutting spending this time for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm not real old depending on who you ask and have only lived through a handful of presidents but by looking at history things are no different than the past. But then again people have always found things to be unhappy about with the administration at any given time.

Look at whats happening currently here on arf,  there is more whining now than when Obama was in. Something to think about
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More whining now,because we expect progress from our side.

It just gets old when you hear the same promises over and over and get shit on.Reagan had some great speeches about big government (and ran on getting rid of the Department of Education),and what did we get?Bigger government and more spending. And I may be wrong,but I think the Department of Education is still there.

Went thru the same shit in NY when Pataki (R) ran against cuomo (Mario,the current governors Father ) as a pro gun Republican.

Course after he was elected,he turned around and pushed for,and got,a State AWB.

And then,like Romney,and Christie,had the balls to run for President on the R ticket.

Like Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football-elect us and we'll do all the shit you like.And then when they get into office,it's a whole different story.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
The swamp has much more force of law behind than 20 years ago.  Thanks to GOPe we have wonderful laws like the Patriot Act with which they can fuck us up the ass.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think Mitch McConnell is going to support *any* of that?  

No wonder they call us the stupid party.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I think I'd prefer it if Trump abstained from making endorsements in R primaries.  No matter which way it goes, he makes enemies inside his own party.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
ha ha ha....

yet, when rand sucked up to (sucked off ?) and became the a boy toy of mcconnell, inorder to be able to get mcconnell to help him arrange for a kentucky caucus so he could run for both the presidency, and also run to keep his senate seat, where was the outrage?

so rand is also a rino? ohhhhhh.... rand is "your conservative" so it's okay....

right.

View Quote
I hated that Rand supported McConnell, and still worked on Rand's local campaign.

Do you hate that Trump supports McConnell?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He's only been in office since 1985..................I'm sure he's really going to work on tax reform and cutting spending this time for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mitch McConnell has put about $10M in Luther Strange's senate race to date.

Politically speaking, Strange will be obligated to drop and fellate McConnell on demand.
View Quote
Yep, Strange's nickname should be "Swamp Thing" and he is tall after all.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hated that Rand supported McConnell, and still worked on Rand's local campaign.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ha ha ha....

right.

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There has always been varying degrees of the Swamp but I have never seen or heard of both sides of the Swamp wanting to DESTROY the duly elected president of the USA.

That tells me it has gotten too entrenched, diabolically selfish and MUST be destroyed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There has always been varying degrees of the Swamp but I have never seen or heard of both sides of the Swamp wanting to DESTROY the duly elected president of the USA.

That tells me it has gotten too entrenched, diabolically selfish and MUST be destroyed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why is the duly elected president of the USA throwing his support behind a candidate that the head of the swamp is buying off?

Seems self-destructive to me
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So why is the duly elected president of the USA throwing his support behind a candidate that the head of the swamp is buying off?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beats the fuck out of me!!

Maybe Mitchie isn't as bad as we think he might be and it is some of his rank and file who are the real douche bags?

Yes, I am going out on a limb.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's going to be Moore and Strange in a runoff and I think Moore will get it.

It's going to be interesting if Moore becomes a US Senator.

OP you must have really hated your time in AL.
View Quote
"Interesting" isn't quite the word I would use.  Moore made Alabama a national laughingstock as Chief Justice...twice.  I can't imagine what he'll do as a US Senator.  Alabama can do better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL things are no different than they have ever been.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Draining the swamp lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

LOL things are no different than they have ever been.
View Quote
When was the last time that both democrats and republicans teamed up to destroy a duly elected president of the USA?

I can't think of any time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
From a state politics POV, AL is just as fucked up as any other state that has de facto single party rule. Would I choose AL over a Democratic controlled state like CA? Of course. But with the amount of alleged Conservatives holding office and as constituents, I'd expect better.

When every statewide election is determined in the Republican primary, elected officials know they are pretty safe to do whatever they want.

After all, what are you going to do after some legislation that should be a slam dunk dies in subcommittee (like Constitutional Carry did this year)? Vote for the Democrat? LOL. In AL that's just as pointless as voting 3rd party in a Presidential election. They even fuck up pubic referendums (see the state park question on November's ballot among a few others).

You'd think someone who supports limited government would like living in a state that has Republicans with a 72-33 Majority in the State Legislature, a 26-8-1 Majority in the State Senate, and a Republican governor. But most of these elected officials would still be Democrats if we could get in a time machine and take them back before 1994. Arizona is a good example of Repubs having both houses and the Governorship yet still getting limited government stuff accomplished, because there are still enough Democrats holding seats in the state House of Reps and state Senate where Repubs must actually do what they campaign on instead of giving broad platitudes about hunting, going to church, and fighting Democrats/Obama/Pelosi* during the Primary and General then doing very little if anything that would be labeled "conservative" if there weren't Super-majorities of Republicans in both houses pushing it through.

Living in Alabama has reminded me why politically I'm more of a Rocky Mountain/Big Sky Republican type of voter. Republicans in Alabama want the same size of government as Alabama Democrats do, but the AL Repubs just want the size of gov to be in the areas that align with their interests. Collectively no one in this state - not the voters or those they elect - actually wants the government to do less and spend less.

Circling back to this special election, I'm not a huge fan of either of the three major contenders. Brooks' Congressional Carry proposal is a slap in the face to me as someone who had to plan on not carrying for the entire day if there was the possibility I'd go into DC during that day. Strange's appointment by Bentley is a Rod Blagojevich level of corruption. McConnell backing him just adds to Strange's stench as a political creature who will not try to change what is broken. If Strange is elected, he'll continue being McConnell's yes man. Roy Moore would be an absolute joke as a Senator. He'll be a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren/Al Franken type of Senator, but he'll have an (R) beside his name so many people in Alabama, Republicans outside of AL, and on this website will give him a pass. If elected, I fully expect him to be censured before his reelection. I still don't know who I'll vote for, but it wont be Strange or Moore.

*I actually saw this in the 2014 State Legislature election. A candidate - who I voted for - was campaigning about fighting Obama. It was even at the top of all of his campaign signs. In all the times I've read the Constitution - the US Constitution not that monstrosity that is the AL constitution - I did not see where state legislatures have anything to do to serve as a check and balance to the Federal Executive branch. Fortunately for him, I liked his stance on state gov involvement in education and my local school district's superintendent endorsed him so he got my vote and my wife's vote.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if Hannity is going to withdraw his endorsement of Brooks now that Trump has endorsed Strange.

Sean Hannity endorses Mo Brooks for US Senate
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
From a state politics POV, AL is just as fucked up as any other state that has de facto single party rule. Would I choose AL over a Democratic controlled state like CA? Of course. But with the amount of alleged Conservatives holding office and as constituents, I'd expect better.

When every statewide election is determined in the Republican primary, elected officials know they are pretty safe to do whatever they want.

After all, what are you going to do after some legislation that should be a slam dunk dies in subcommittee (like Constitutional Carry did this year)? Vote for the Democrat? LOL. In AL that's just as pointless as voting 3rd party in a Presidential election. They even fuck up pubic referendums (see the state park question on November's ballot among a few others).

You'd think someone who supports limited government would like living in a state that has Republicans with a 72-33 Majority in the State Legislature, a 26-8-1 Majority in the State Senate, and a Republican governor. But most of these elected officials would still be Democrats if we could get in a time machine and take them back before 1994. Arizona is a good example of Repubs having both houses and the Governorship yet still getting limited government stuff accomplished, because there are still enough Democrats holding seats in the state House of Reps and state Senate where Repubs must actually do what they campaign on instead of giving broad platitudes about hunting, going to church, and fighting Democrats/Obama/Pelosi* during the Primary and General then doing very little if anything that would be labeled "conservative" if there weren't Super-majorities of Republicans in both houses pushing it through.

Living in Alabama has reminded me why politically I'm more of a Rocky Mountain/Big Sky Republican type of voter. Republicans in Alabama want the same size of government as Alabama Democrats do, but the AL Repubs just want the size of gov to be in the areas that align with their interests. Collectively no one in this state - not the voters or those they elect - actually wants the government to do less and spend less.

Circling back to this special election, I'm not a huge fan of either of the three major contenders. Brooks' Congressional Carry proposal is a slap in the face to me as someone who had to plan on not carrying for the entire day if there was the possibility I'd go into DC during that day. Strange's appointment by Bentley is a Rod Blagojevich level of corruption. McConnell backing him just adds to Strange's stench as a political creature who will not try to change what is broken. If Strange is elected, he'll continue being McConnell's yes man. Roy Moore would be an absolute joke as a Senator. He'll be a Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren/Al Franken type of Senator, but he'll have an (R) beside his name so many people in Alabama, Republicans outside of AL, and on this website will give him a pass. If elected, I fully expect him to be censured before his reelection. I still don't know who I'll vote for, but it wont be Strange or Moore.

*I actually saw this in the 2014 State Legislature election. A candidate - who I voted for - was campaigning about fighting Obama. It was even at the top of all of his campaign signs. In all the times I've read the Constitution - the US Constitution not that monstrosity that is the AL constitution - I did not see where state legislatures have anything to do to serve as a check and balance to the Federal Executive branch. Fortunately for him, I liked his stance on state gov involvement in education and my local school district's superintendent endorsed him so he got my vote and my wife's vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My disgust with Alabama politics cranked up to "11" during the whole Bingo fiasco.  What a shit show - and not a single "conservative" policy being pushed by any of the parties involved...
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Maybe Mitchie isn't as bad as we think he might be and it is some of his rank and file who are the real douche bags?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That just makes no sense whatsoever
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top