User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Read somewhere, Stallone isn't sure he wants to do season 2, let alone 6. Evidently filming a TV series in Oklahoma heat sucks in your 70s.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can tell the writers/casting crew have never interacted with Oklahoma Highway Patrol.  They cast two overweight sloppy guys.

Real OHP troopers are ALL jacked.  It is crazy.  Inside joke with other state LEOs is troopers get a lifetime supply of steroids upon graduation.    Good group of guys.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/58/be/e758be12420e9950ea2fd86d669bf03b.jpg

View Quote
Yeah, they really are all jacked.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I was severely annoyed by the use of In The Air Tonight. It didn't fit at all in my opinion and that song ONLY belongs with the original Miami Vice episode it was used in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

my entire family is from McAlester-Krebs-Haileyville, dating back to the Trail of Tears and Coal Mining.

Choc Beer anyone?
View Quote

I have enjoyed the food at Isle of Capri and Pete’s for 40 years.  Chateaubriand for 2 at Isle of Capri and pretty much anything at Pete’s. And yes, a couple of Choc beers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Just finished it.   Gf and I really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stallone hates that you own guns.

He also gives money to people who want to take your guns.

Fuck Sly Stallone
View Quote

I can't believe it got to page two before this was mentioned, FStallone.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Couldn't make it through the first episode.  Ridiculous and just plain bad writing.  Flaming bag of dog shit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can tell the writers/casting crew have never interacted with Oklahoma Highway Patrol.  They cast two overweight sloppy guys.

Real OHP troopers are ALL jacked.  It is crazy.  Inside joke with other state LEOs is troopers get a lifetime supply of steroids upon graduation.    Good group of guys.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/58/be/e758be12420e9950ea2fd86d669bf03b.jpg

Remember the girl on Live PD
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Couldn't make it through the first episode.  Ridiculous and just plain bad writing.  Flaming bag of dog shit.
View Quote

As others have mentioned, Stallone already got paid. Will you not ever watch First Blood again?

It is original at least, unlike what Hollywood churns out these days (woke remakes).

I hope he makes a second season. Per his comments he can't stand the Tulsa summer heat so he may not [he always wears a men's jacket], and I don't blame him either. It was funny when he told Tyson to wear a shirt with a collar and buy him a Lincoln Navigator and he shows up in a beat to shit Corolla or something.

It takes a lot of turns and twists. Give me some Dana Delany.

Bad writing from Tyler Sheridan?

Suit yourself.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought it was great. The last episode was rushed, it seems they cut one for some reason.

I hope it comes back
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a pretty poor representation of what Oklahoma, especially Tulsa, is like.  It's entertaining writing; but there are some pretty substantial reality problems in the plot.  I'll watch Season 2.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Just finished it. Wife and I enjoyed it. Stallone wasn't too bad in it. A lot of ridiculous over the top stuff though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Another Taylor Sheridan show? The dude can write a damn good first season, but JFC, he needs to pick 2-3 and stick to those vs being a fucking spaz with 6+ shows at a time.

Kharn
View Quote

I finally got around to watching Yellowstone and it jumps the shark at exactly Season 2, Episode 4.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll say all of Sheridan's writing spends a lot of time creating unrealistic reasons why his characters repeatedly escape consequences for sociopathic violence* to solve problems that could have been easily solved legally.

*Aside from the standard Hollywood fare where a guy like Stallone swings an axe handle into someone's skull and then you have a beer together an hour later with a bruise on your cheek.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top