User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you show a picture of the HD truck, not the half ton?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145716/Screenshot_20210108-123419_Chrome_jpg-1769814.JPG
View Quote

This. The 1500's ain't bad. The HD's have a face only a mother could love, and that's coming from a guy that owns one.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Bring back the Lincoln Mark LT!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
BUtMyYOyoTA!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
People are looking for the largest, most obnoxious front ends in Pickup history.  Obviously I just don't get it.

https://cdn.static-carindigo.com/images/content/9389a1e642baca6d2cec227564a57e18.webp
View Quote

I see a lot of them on the road.   I don't get it they always strike me as the ugliest truck on the market.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Don’t forget the GM mirror design:

Whoever designed the current generation must have literally been blind and on crack.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well theres some drama.

Why would you have anything to be embarrassed about if you dont own one?

Hell, thats not even the ugliest one and there are certainly other flavors.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265487/truck_jpg-1769830.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People are looking for the largest, most obnoxious front ends in Pickup history.  Obviously I just don't get it.

https://cdn.static-carindigo.com/images/content/9389a1e642baca6d2cec227564a57e18.webp

Fucking embarrassing.
Well theres some drama.

Why would you have anything to be embarrassed about if you dont own one?

Hell, thats not even the ugliest one and there are certainly other flavors.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265487/truck_jpg-1769830.JPG

Who said anything about me being embarrassed?  The front end of the truck is embarrassing for GM.

Now, the AT4, otoh, is pretty sexy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL... Fiat really... you funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RAM ftw

LOL... Fiat really... you funny.

Theyre made in MI I believe
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
pretty sure it's been like that forever, Ford counts Chevy and GMC separately so they claim "best selling" truck for 20+ years.
View Quote

Exactly!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
pretty sure it's been like that forever, Ford counts Chevy and GMC separately so they claim "best selling" truck for 20+ years.
View Quote

Correction:

GM counts Chevy and GM separately.

They're the ones that have chosen to operate a redundant and completely unnecessary brand instead of just selling all their trucks under one name.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Correction:

They're the ones that have chosen to operate a redundant and completely unnecessary brand instead of just selling all their trucks under one name.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correction:

The sooner they shit can Buick the better. I just wonder what they would do with GMC dealers at that point.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually the 16' was pretty much perfect in the 50k miles I put on it. The only issue I ever had was when it was not only a week new while raining a water droplet would form and drip at the sun visor. Dealer took it back and repaired a pinched gasket on the satellite radio antenna. That truck probably had 20k or so miles pulling a 44' 5th wheel all over the country.

I currently have 2k miles on the 2020 and the rear brakes are loud and the infotainment system when black on my way into work once. After shutting truck off and restart I haven't seen that issue again. ??

I also had a 2015 Ram 3500 mega cab that I absolutely LOVED! After 8k miles the dealer needed to pull the Cummins to replace a seal on engine because it decided to let loose in the driveway and poor about 2 or 3 quarts of oil out while sitting overnight. THAT is the only reason I ever even entertained a GMC product.

ETA:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/162439/Screenshot_20200517-151806_Photos_jpg-1769741.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me guess.... its was bulletproof for the 4 years you owned it, and that's why you went back with another?  

Actually the 16' was pretty much perfect in the 50k miles I put on it. The only issue I ever had was when it was not only a week new while raining a water droplet would form and drip at the sun visor. Dealer took it back and repaired a pinched gasket on the satellite radio antenna. That truck probably had 20k or so miles pulling a 44' 5th wheel all over the country.

I currently have 2k miles on the 2020 and the rear brakes are loud and the infotainment system when black on my way into work once. After shutting truck off and restart I haven't seen that issue again. ??

I also had a 2015 Ram 3500 mega cab that I absolutely LOVED! After 8k miles the dealer needed to pull the Cummins to replace a seal on engine because it decided to let loose in the driveway and poor about 2 or 3 quarts of oil out while sitting overnight. THAT is the only reason I ever even entertained a GMC product.

ETA:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/162439/Screenshot_20200517-151806_Photos_jpg-1769741.JPG

Nice setup, but I never understood why they keep applying the aborted fetus graphics on all the trailers and RVs??? WTF!

That setup would be so clean and nice if it were just one fucking color.

Stop applying scrambled eggs and catchup graphics to the side of trailers please.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Fell the power
of second-chance credit
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The sooner they shit can Buick the better. I just wonder what they would do with GMC dealers at that point.
View Quote

Some people may consider it almost a Cadillac though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Chinese owned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RAM ftw

Chinese owned.

Fake news.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correction:

Buick at least used to have a purpose.

GMC had no reason to exist before Chevy beat the Silverado with the ugly stick, and even then, that's entirely self-inflicted.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correction:

Not happening, chicoms love them some buick, for some reason. And you have to gargle commie balls as a corporations, or something like that. Wish Buick had canned and Pontiac was kept a performance division. They were just starting to figure it out again when they killed them it seemed like.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Geez it looks like it got stung on the face by a whole herd of bees.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
2021 will be Nissan's big year.  The Titan will crush all of those numbers, you just watch !!!
View Quote

Doing my part!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Meet the new shitty truck, same as the old shitty truck
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't buy ugly guns , I don't buy ugly trucks and I don't fuck ugly women
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#23]
That many blind drivers out there?  GM's design  is ugly as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#24]
In this thread grown men debate the finer points of reflector and mirror cosmetic styling as if that makes a bit of difference as to how the truck performs the job.  In fact, very little debate of anything a truck should be judged on has occurred.  Very large male purses with wheels and payments.  How far we have fallen in the last 20 years.  Clown world, indeed.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Aluminum Ford F150 Truck Tears By Hand
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In this thread grown men debate the finer points of reflector and mirror cosmetic styling as if that makes a bit of difference as to how the truck performs the job.  In fact, very little debate of anything a truck should be judged on has occurred.  Very large male purses with wheels and payments.  How far we have fallen in the last 20 years.  Clown world, indeed.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Retooling for the new models cut production by about half.
We were out of 2019's by June of that year

2020's didn't start coming in until November and even then we were lucky to get 10% of the trucks we ordered , just like every other dealer out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Retooling for the new models cut production by about half.
We were out of 2019's by June of that year

2020's didn't start coming in until November and even then we were lucky to get 10% of the trucks we ordered , just like every other dealer out there.

Ford beat Chevy and GMC combined in 2017 and 2018 as well.
Link
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a spicy reference to Pontiac sir.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#29]
The new Chevy's are butt ugly, and I'm a chevy guy. We're all fucked anyway. Chevy went SJW and Ford wants to go all electric
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This. The 1500's ain't bad. The HD's have a face only a mother could love, and that's coming from a guy that owns one.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/461668/20210108_121038_jpg-1769862.JPG
View Quote
Note to self... keep my 2014 running forever
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Probably change this year.  New F150 is super impressive.
View Quote

Agreed. GM truck design fresh compared to F-150. 2021 Ford is impressive
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Note to self... keep my 2014 running forever
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/273091/20150731_151339_jpg-1771421.JPG
View Quote

3/4 ton gasser...a man of culture
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
3/4 ton gasser...a man of culture
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Ram 2021 Love it
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#35]
does anyone else keep going back and forth between wanting a diesel and not wanting a diesel engine?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not only ugly but the truck is a pile of shit. Those of us that fix them would never buy one. I would buy a new RAM over a GM truck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
does anyone else keep going back and forth between wanting a diesel and not wanting a diesel engine?
View Quote

I am planning to buy a 2500 this year and it will not be a diesel. In the Ram 2500s the Cummins gets you about 250 lbs more towing capacity than a Hemi truck with 4.10 axle, but you lose about 850 lbs of payload because of the extra engine weight
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The face of the new Chevy truck is butt ugly IMO.
View Quote

The face?
The whole truck is an eyesore.

Fugly fucking things...
If a liberal broad had wheels attached... the 19+ silverado would be the end result.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sooooo GM needed two trucks to outsell Ford is what you're saying.
View Quote

GMC Sierra only exists because of fleet sales of larger trucks.  It's essentially the same truck (as Chevy) with a slightly different look and different badging.  If they stopped making the GMC, most of those buyers would just get a Chevy.  GM could even restructure and add Chevy pickups to those GMC fleet dealers.  Being the same truck that rolls off the same assembly lines, it makes perfect sense to combine their sales numbers.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I will never buy a new truck again. Way too complicated, too fancy, too many compromises to comply with regulations. I don't need a truck to be a luxury vehicle. I want a radio, heater, rubber floormats, analog instrumentation, bench seat, manual everything, and a sturdy and easy to service drivetrain and suspension.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

GMC Sierra only exists because of fleet sales of larger trucks.  It's essentially the same truck (as Chevy) with a slightly different look and different badging.  If they stopped making the GMC, most of those buyers would just get a Chevy.  GM could even restructure and add Chevy pickups to those GMC fleet dealers.  Being the same truck that rolls off the same assembly lines, it makes perfect sense to combine their sales numbers.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems the opposite of any fleet makeup that I see down here (and that's if they even buy GMs at all, bulk are ford superduties). GMC is never the fleet truck, always chevys.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theyd be doing themselves a bigger favor by killing off Chevy trucks & continue producing GMCs.  

The new Chevy trucks have to be the ugliest truck ever made.

Edit.  They could take a lesson out of FCA playbook and have Chevrolet as a car & small suv/crossover brand, Cadillac as a luxury brand, and GMC as the truck/truck based suv brand.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

People smarter and more experienced than me keep talking down diesels because of emissions regs. If I were to get an HD truck it would almost certainly be a gasser unless I was running a hauling business.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you show a picture of the HD truck, not the half ton?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145716/Screenshot_20210108-123419_Chrome_jpg-1769814.JPG

get yourself a grill guard, it'll act like a truck burka
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top