Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
In before the President of the Zelensky Fan Club.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who knows what to believe. Many Pro Ukes here said it already started. Like a week or so ago. Now Z says it hasn't started yet.
View Quote

It's part of deliberate misinformation. You don't tell your enemies via official statements when any counter offense starts. You use bluffs and fiends to make the enemy think it's happening, but it's actually a diversion.

"The truth is so precious it must be surrounded by a bodyguard of lies" -Churchill
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Even with full recourse's they wont be able to. Ukraine will NEVER take back the land it lost. They couldn't take back Luhansk and Donetsk when it was mainly a Civil War. Now that Russia has had over a year to fully dig in? Its Russian soil at this point.

Russia cannot take more then it owns now and Ukraine cannot take it back.  Both sides know it but refuse to admit it.
View Quote

Comparative strengths have changed alot the past year.  I think it would be prudent to see what happens in the next couple of months before saying "never."
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oh boy.   That you keep posting this stuff even while Prigozhin repeatedly says "Uh, things are kinda shit, prepare for some bad news" is just... *chef's kiss*

Its like you're playing a deep double propaganda game specifically designed to illustrate how silly the Russian propaganda is by repeating the slightly out of date stuff right when it passes its sell-by date.   Just to highlight the off smell of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh boy.   That you keep posting this stuff even while Prigozhin repeatedly says "Uh, things are kinda shit, prepare for some bad news" is just... *chef's kiss*

Its like you're playing a deep double propaganda game specifically designed to illustrate how silly the Russian propaganda is by repeating the slightly out of date stuff right when it passes its sell-by date.   Just to highlight the off smell of it.

"Prigozhin"  Wait, you're referencing the Russian guy who's behind taking Bakhmut as your info source but I'm the one pushing "Russian propaganda"
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's part of deliberate misinformation. You don't tell your enemies via official statements when any counter offense starts. You use bluffs and fiends to make the enemy think it's happening, but it's actually a diversion.

"The truth is so precious it must be surrounded by a bodyguard of lies" -Churchill
View Quote

Exactly.  So everytime you do a probing action on Russian lines, it rattles around through their fetal alcohol syndrome little Russian minds that this is the counteroffensive.  And then you see them run and scatter and get crunched under tanks like the other day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't follow the reports deeply but I haven't heard much about Russian airstrikes destroying large amounts of equipment. Actually, I haven't heard about Russian air strikes in any capacity. Is that claim remotely believable?
View Quote
I don't think so, I've heard almost nothing along those lines.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"Prigozhin"  Wait, your siting the Russian guy who's behind taking Bakhmut as your info source but I'm the one pushing "Russian propaganda"
View Quote

Citing him for what?   My only "claim" here is that you're pushing an out of date narrative with such hilariously backward results that I can't help but think you're doing it on purpose.    Cheers.   It is actually genius, if that's what you're doing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol

Some "bio labs" douche on Twitter is a reliable source now?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't think so, I've heard almost nothing along those lines.
View Quote

They have routinely made claims that they have destroyed more equipment than has actually been delivered to Ukraine.  Like when they claimed they have destroyed more HIMARS than we actually delivered.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This Clandestine guy sounds like a moron whose FOS. Anyone who cites MacGregor and leaps to conclusions like that either is such or is a willing participant in Russian IO.

Zelensky saying that may well be an act of deception, which would be a smart move with precedent. It could also be true. It doesn't mean that the equipment has all been destroyed or that, as one poster asserts, the Ukrainians are incompetent. It may also be a partial truth, as some analysts have posted that ground conditions have not yet gotten suitable for a large-scale offensive.

The claim that Ukraine has lost most of its equipment is rather preposterous and one would need to be a fool to believe a claim like that says evidence.
View Quote

The Russia shills will quote anything that supports what they think. They were even caught posting from a "death to America" type Chinese propaganda site recently.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prigozhin posts a ton of crazy shit, all the time. I commented about why he does it a bit in the Bakhmut thread but he's at war with the UAF, Moscow, and the other PMC's (did you know even Gazprom has a PMC called "Patriot") all at the same time.

One day he's throwing a flag on a government building in Bakhmut the next he's telling everyone the Chechens are taking over.

If anyone is playing some 4D Deep State Russian Chess it's that guy. If he ends up dead in a car bomb it is literally anyone's guess who did it, because lots of folks want him dead.

Anywhoo, check but verify when he says stuff
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol

Some "bio labs" douche on Twitter is a reliable source now?
View Quote

Hear them out. They're onto something, man. Lol

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They have routinely made claims that they have destroyed more equipment than has actually been delivered to Ukraine.  Like when they claimed they have destroyed more HIMARS than we actually delivered.
View Quote
Well yeah lol, I'm talking about remotely reputable sources.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Prigozhin posts a ton of crazy shit, all the time. I commented about why he does it a bit in the Bakhmut thread but he's at war with the UAF, Moscow, and the other PMC's (did you know even Gazprom has a PMC called "Patriot") all at the same time.

One day he's throwing a flag on a government building in Bakhmut the next he's telling everyone the Chechens are taking over.

If anyone is playing some 4D Deep State Russian Chess it's that guy. If he ends up dead in a car bomb it is literally anyone's guess who did it, because lots of folks want him dead.

Anywhoo, check but verify when he says stuff
View Quote

You're right but it isn't just him talking about the Russians having some pretty severe setbacks in Bakhmut
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Citing him for what?   My only "claim" here is that you're pushing an out of date narrative with such hilariously backward results that I can't help but think you're doing it on purpose.    Cheers.   It is actually genius, if that's what you're doing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Prigozhin"  Wait, your siting the Russian guy who's behind taking Bakhmut as your info source but I'm the one pushing "Russian propaganda"

Umm, not sure what you mean by "pushing an out of date narrative" but here is where I've been getting info from. Please note the info is only 19 hrs old

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Meanwhile...

Numerous reports in Russian channels about Ukrainian forces having begun a larger offensive in several directions. This follows reports of Wagner struggling in Bakhmut in the recent days. Current reports are very conflicting, some mention Ukrainians moving towards Russian border.…

Dmitri  (@wartranslated) May 11, 2023
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Post something recent.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And when he finally agrees that Crimea is not Ukraine and signs a deal with the NaziTerroristWarCriminalRashistOrcs, the cope will be something to behold
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zelensky said in the same interview no trade territory for peace so unlikely anytime before Christmas this year.

And when he finally agrees that Crimea is not Ukraine and signs a deal with the NaziTerroristWarCriminalRashistOrcs, the cope will be something to behold

Welcome, fellow firearms enthusiast.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If the Russians can use a Mercenary Company like Wagner, why couldn't Ukraine?
View Quote

Where would they get one?

Russia spent a lot of time developing Wagner.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Post something recent.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3uBDQWcAwHNjn?format=jpg&name=medium
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Post something recent.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fv3uBDQWcAwHNjn?format=jpg&name=medium

You mean from the guy with the Ukrainian flag in his bio? Yeah, he seems pretty legit!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Umm, not sure what you mean by "pushing an out of date narrative" but here is where I've been getting info from. Please note the info is only 19 hrs old

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/Screenshot_20230511_125115_Brave_jpg-2813364.JPG
View Quote

Yes, that can happen when you focus on a single source of information because it tells you what you want to hear.    He's pushing expired meat, too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We most likely won’t see Ukraine take back much ground that the Russians took.  Longer it takes them to attempt the harder it will be for Ukraine to make any meaningful gains.  The west slow rolled the aidand didn’t give them what they needed when they needed it.
View Quote

WTF!!! Do you live in some alternate universe or something??
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You mean from the guy with the Ukrainian flag in his bio?
View Quote

Yes.  As you pointed out, people with a partisan bias on both sides are BOTH saying the same or similar things.  

Might mean there's something to it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is time to negotiate a peace agreement.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

jesus you'd have to be dumb AF to believe that the western equipment has been destroyed...... and equally dumb to believe that their president would announce to their enemy that their planned offensive is delayed
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's the rush?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What's the rush?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the rush?

Less death and destruction
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Zelensky said in the same interview no trade territory for peace so unlikely anytime before Christmas this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is time to negotiate a peace agreement.

He can pay for the war himself then.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the rush?

There are people making money off of the death and destruction though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Some of you guys need to learn things like Operation Fortitude,  The Schlieffen Plan, Schwarzkopf "Left Hook"

Just because Zelensky said the Operation was delayed doesn't mean it. Also reports in Bakhmut could be a feint to concentrate Russians and then hit them on a weakened flank. Ect ect ect.

The fact is we don't know. Anybody saying "Haha! See how stupid and incompetent the Ukrainians are! Zelensky is delaying it AGAIN! What an embarrassment!" And guys doing the opposite. None of us really kniw what's going on. That is a feature, not a bug.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the rush?

This. Russia's not going to take anymore of Ukraine and Ukraine is not going to push Russia out, both sides have to know this. People are suffering and dying for nothing now. If we had someone worth a crap in the White House this would be over in a week.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Better no counter offensive than one that fails and results in the attacking forces getting routed.

Use the war gear you've been given to defend what you've got left and make the Russians pay.

That seems to be the kind of "victory" our amoral, neocon led, government has planned for Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I thought Ukr had more tanks now then when the war started. Hard to keep up with the bullshit
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Septemberish I’ll try to dedicate time towards FY 2024 aid talk. I’ve been trying to keep general tab on Congress budget situation as well as Defense budget progress up to this point but my impression is September is when more Ukraine aid gets debated. Haven’t had as much time to track European aid but a couple countries followed thru from summer 2022 promises while most did not at least to the degree implied or stated. That being said not sure if you saw this link I posted previously https://www.defensenews.com/global/2023/05/03/eu-pledges-over-1-billion-to-refresh-its-arms-factories-for-ukraine/
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Can't tell if this is trolling.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ukraine needs more air power.

No deep armored thrusts can be conducted without air superiority unless they're willing to accept a massive risk in terms of lost hardware and man power.  

Ukraine needs control of the skies. The fastest way to achieve that and to insure that Ukraine does NOT expand the war into Russian territory is to allow Ukraine to hire a Private Military Company that will supply air wings and the support like the Flying Tigers did for China in WW2 against Japan.   It's a literal "turn-key" solution without legacy costs for Ukraine and that could be done very efficiently both financially and time wise.

If the Russians can use a Mercenary Company like Wagner, why couldn't Ukraine?

Can't tell if this is trolling.....

Some of what he posts sounds like a high-brow version of Russian trolling/IO, some is just dumb or not sensible while also made to sound smarter than it is, like his assertion that Ukraine can only win if it conquers Russia itself, and some things seem genuinely insightful and intelligent. He's a tough one to pin down. In this case, it's a mix of the last two. Using mercs to fly donated or purchased Western aircraft would be a good course as would Western governments facilitating it. I wouldn't be opposed to Western militaries seconding airmen to Ukraine's military, something they have done for other countries in the past, including during the Cold War era.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Even with full recourse's they wont be able to. Ukraine will NEVER take back the land it lost. They couldn't take back Luhansk and Donetsk when it was mainly a Civil War. Now that Russia has had over a year to fully dig in? Its Russian soil at this point.

Russia cannot take more then it owns now and Ukraine cannot take it back.  Both sides know it but refuse to admit it.
View Quote

It was never genuinely a civil war. Russia invaded in 2014 and used proxies both for some deniability to some aspects and also to give it the veneer of a civil war, although some of those proxy units had Russian troops just like in South Ossetia in 2008. The Ukrainian military now is also a very different animal from what it was in 2014.

Ukraine also already took back a lot of land captured earlier in the conflict by Russia.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right now lot of posturing but we’ll see how House vs Senate pans out before October 1 unless they CR again https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3995596-mcconnell-predicts-us-aid-will-flow-to-ukraine-for-a-good-deal-longer/amp/
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Septemberish I’ll try to dedicate time towards FY 2024 aid talk. I’ve been trying to keep general tab on Congress budget situation as well as Defense budget progress up to this point but my impression is September is when more Ukraine aid gets debated. Haven’t had as much time to track European aid but a couple countries followed thru from summer 2022 promises while most did not at least to the degree implied or stated. That being said not sure if you saw this link I posted previously https://www.defensenews.com/global/2023/05/03/eu-pledges-over-1-billion-to-refresh-its-arms-factories-for-ukraine/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always good to invest in ammo.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Shocking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So it looks like those leaked documents were correct in their assessment the Ukrainians aren't as competent and capable as the propaganda shows.

Shocking

Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You're right but it isn't just him talking about the Russians having some pretty severe setbacks in Bakhmut
View Quote

It sounds like it. I saw the same videos you did with the guys retreating from their trenches and the Prighozin yelling at the camera.

We should really know what that looks like tonight would be my guess.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Personally I’m trying to get my financial house in order so I can make investment and financial decisions at this time under the assumption 2024-2030 will be chaotic even beyond what 2020-2023 was and inflation doesn’t appear to be heading out the door so it’s a real crunch on me after a lifetime of bad financial choices plus bad luck compounding that. On a side note back before my ex got the house and everything in the divorce, I was debating investing in reloading way before ammo prices went full retard but the ex was already on my ass for my firearm “enthusiasms” as it was. Still a sore spot reflecting on that time period
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Let them fight without us for we are broke.  And as a country we are even more broken.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#47]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Some of you guys need to learn things like Operation Fortitude,  The Schlieffen Plan, Schwarzkopf "Left Hook"

Just because Zelensky said the Operation was delayed doesn't mean it. Also reports in Bakhmut could be a feint to concentrate Russians and then hit them on a weekend flank. Ect ect ect.

The fact is we don't know. Anybody saying "Haha! See how stupid and incompetent the Ukrainians are! Zelensky is delaying it AGAIN! What an embarrassment!" And guys doing the opposite. None of us really kniw what's going on. That is a feature, not a bug.
View Quote

It's pretty much this. Both sides do tons of this stuff.

You essentially need multiple third party sources, who've put in the leg work, to even make an educated guess

So much noise out there
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Personally I’m trying to get my financial house in order so I can make investment and financial decisions at this time under the assumption 2024-2030 will be chaotic even beyond what 2020-2023 was and inflation doesn’t appear to be heading out the door so it’s a real crunch on me after a lifetime of bad financial choices plus bad luck compounding that. On a side note back before my ex got the house and everything in the divorce, I was debating investing in reloading way before ammo prices went full retard but the ex was already on my ass for my firearm “enthusiasms” as it was. Still a sore spot reflecting on that time period
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am kicking myself I didn’t buy more years ago. Now only shoot 22 and air on a regular basis, it is rare I shoot centerfire.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just because Zelensky said the Operation was delayed doesn't mean it. Also reports in Bakhmut could be a feint to concentrate Russians and then hit them on a weakened flank. Ect ect ect.

View Quote
Thats basically what they did the last time.  I would be shocked if they suddenly started talking openly about the actual plan.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top