Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
He hates 1911's
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know the guy personally, but he used to be a member here years ago and I recall exchanging IM's with him. He seemed polite and knowledgeable.  Not sure if he ever posts here these days. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know the guy personally, but he used to be a member here years ago and I recall exchanging IM's with him. He seemed polite and knowledgeable.  Not sure if he ever posts here these days. 
View Quote
Considering some of the stupidity in this thread I would be shocked if he did.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

-I would need more information about the pistol throwing to be pissed about that (did he have permission, was there a valid reason, etc...).
-Physical activity and shooting?   No problem there.  I sure as hell could use more of both in my life.
-Hang upside down and shoot at a target?   Unorthodox, maybe, but I don't see a reason to be upset at that.
-Micro 1911's (officer models) that don't hold up well to serious use?   I thought that was common knowledge.  

Apart from the first issue, and assuming he didn't have a good reason, he sounds like an interesting guy.  
View Quote
Had a spline (laying on your back with head hanging over the edge on an incline) shooting position at an IDPA match once. Blood rushing to you head does effect your shooting.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder how upgraded 320's will be marked to verify they were upgraded?
View Quote
Just look for the grinding/machining marks as that is what Sig said is needed...it will be very obvious
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not surprised about the P320 ban.

But I am surprised to hear that Pincus is still out there training.

I figured the DVD mass market mailing thing was the last I'd hear from him.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I am waiting for the perfect gun guy list to come out.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am waiting for the perfect gun guy list to come out.
View Quote
A guy did a video where he malleted the crap out a bunch of his guns. Sig P320 was the only one that failed.

Sig P320 hammer test with Glock, HK, Ruger, Kimber...

Omaha Arms Dropping Other Guns & None of them fail. Not even a 1911.

Sig Sauer P320 Drop Test Follow Up
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stupid, just a way for him to promote his useless training.  Plenty of other pistols are more likely to fire if dropped, I doubt he has a list of those that he wishes to exclude.
View Quote
http://i.imgur.com/hoP2L9L.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Fh6UVP7.gif

ttp://i.imgur.com/YyNMPs9.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4VIErQG.gif

http://i.imgur.com/cYvDpL9.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Oc4vVG5.gif

http://i.imgur.com/SJCQxd4.gif
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tell it to the cop who dropped his duty belt in the parking lot. AKA as shit happens.

PS There are now accounts of several other incidents and possibly people injured by P320 due to their not quite drop safe status. Soooo, something to think about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who the fuck wants to train with that douchenugget?

P320s need to be drop safe for hay bale jumping and such.
Tell it to the cop who dropped his duty belt in the parking lot. AKA as shit happens.

PS There are now accounts of several other incidents and possibly people injured by P320 due to their not quite drop safe status. Soooo, something to think about.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#12]
From a legal standpoint you can't blame him, one guy drops a SIG and a round goes off hitting or killing someone
and he is done.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

By the way, he's a member here, though he doesn't post much. As such, calling him a douchenugget is actually a violation of the CoC. He has a pretty thick skin, though, so I doubt your opinion of him matters enough to him to care.
View Quote
Then we have something in common. Your statement doesn't matter enough for me to care.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Can I get a current list of instructors we are supposed to dislike?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Please. 1911's need to have old/worn out firing pin springs and be dropped directly on the muzzle onto a hard surface like concrete. Dropped at any other angle, the gun will not fire. Should this happen the round will discharge at the ground. This is corrected by installing a FP/EP firing pin spring and/or the series 80 mechanism. When drop fired, an in-spec 1911 hammer does not fall...

The Sig? Fall any which way and BAM, the striker drops, firing the round any which way.

The first is simple physics. The second is a design flaw.

I'm a Sig fan and my EDC is a P938 which is fantastic. They dropped the fucking ball and need to own it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please. 1911's need to have old/worn out firing pin springs and be dropped directly on the muzzle onto a hard surface like concrete. Dropped at any other angle, the gun will not fire. Should this happen the round will discharge at the ground. This is corrected by installing a FP/EP firing pin spring and/or the series 80 mechanism. When drop fired, an in-spec 1911 hammer does not fall...

The Sig? Fall any which way and BAM, the striker drops, firing the round any which way.

I'm a Sig fan and my EDC is a P938 which is fantastic. They dropped the fucking ball and need to own it.
We have a member who dropped his 1911 while taking a shit and put a hole in the floor.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Please. 1911's need to have old/worn out firing pin springs and be dropped directly on the muzzle onto a hard surface like concrete, or get sucked into a working MRI machine. Dropped at any other angle, the gun will not fire. Should this happen the round will discharge at the ground or into the innards of said MRI machine. This is corrected by installing a FP/EP firing pin spring and/or the series 80 mechanism. When drop fired, an in-spec 1911 hammer does not fall...

The Sig? Fall any which way and BAM, the striker drops, firing the round any which way. at a specific angle, from greater than five feet, to impact precisely on the rear of the slide just so...

View Quote
Fixed it for you.  For the record, I own both (1911s and Sigs) and I like both.  Just keeping the record honest.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Hoo Ray another P320 thread.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I listened to the Armed American Radio Podcast with Rob Pincus last night. He was fairly complimentary of SIG and Bruce Grey of Grey Guns and their efforts to fix the problems with the SIGs. But he said, in the end, SIG has openly admitted there is a problem with the guns and with the video evidence out there he could not continue allowing their use in his training until they guns were fixed. He stated he has a duty and obligation not just to his student but that the way the gun goes off in the video, the bullet could end up leaving the range.

If that is Rob Pincus' thinking I serious doubt that he (ICE Traing) and the first group to publically ban the SIG P320, GSL Defense Training will be the last instructors or companies to say NOPE.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top