BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

I don't know if you are serious but after thinking on it this could play out exactly as described.   The result is an assload more of frustration.  Limit sell at $7.86.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
We need to seriously perform some recon on BBIG and figure out what it will do tomorrow, strategize, and then profit!  I'm in a bit at multiple price levels in all 3 broker accounts, but as I do, I've limited my risk so have limited my upside..  (Thinking about getting it in my spousal IRA for a flip since I a working on that to fund it before the tax deadline)   What is the consensus - seems every way you look at it, short interest, option activity, social media activity, pending company events, volume spike it is poise for a run upward.

What are some specific expectations?

BBIG will be up premarket followed by a opening selloff down to $3.87
From there it bounces up to a daily high of 4.37 closing at 3.98
Wednesday there's a pop on the open and it runs to $5.11
Thursday it opens down at $4.87 and continues to drop to $4.14 until power hour when it runs to $5.56
Friday massive FOMO kicks in and hundreds of thousands of shares (via calls) are in the money
Gamma kicks in and it closes at $7.87

Or maybe not

I don't know if you are serious but after thinking on it this could play out exactly as described.   The result is an assload more of frustration.  Limit sell at $7.86.

With the amount of chatter on Reddit/Twitter/etc I think this will have some legs. Lots of people think this is the next GME/AMC
I'll probably exercise my $3.50 calls tomorrow and then sell $5 covered calls on the shares for Friday
My remaining 1300 shares (not tied to covered calls) I'll layer sells starting in the $6's through the mid $9's
I'll hang on to 2-300 shares in case it goes parabolic
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

901 had some
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 58Teague:
Originally Posted By TONTO44:
What page has the link to the videos explaining calls, puts, etc?

901 had some

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Fertilizer options are fun!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TONTO44:
What page has the link to the videos explaining calls, puts, etc?
View Quote

I see you also hate money.  

You're going to need to watch a lot of videos and then lose about $5000 before you get the hang of it.  Be aware.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#5]

With the amount of chatter on Reddit/Twitter/etc I think this will have some legs. Lots of people think this is the next GME/AMC
I'll probably exercise my $3.50 calls tomorrow and then sell $5 covered calls on the shares for Friday
My remaining 1300 shares (not tied to covered calls) I'll layer sells starting in the $6's through the mid $9's
View Quote

I was so far ahead on this one.  Just like GME. I messed that one up too.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

What is this?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

With the pending tyde dividend and the pump on thu/fri I can see this running too. Too bad the twits in charge are not saying a word to send this into orbit. But it may happen anyway. Be prepared. Up or down premarket doesn't seem to matter. I think it will take off at 932am after open.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

You're going to need to watch a lot of videos and then lose about $5000 before you get the hang of it.  Be aware.
View Quote

$5000?
Those are rookie numbers
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like the cackling cunt Pelosi bought some BBIG?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Sounds like the cackling cunt Pelosi bought some BBIG?
View Quote

source?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:35:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#13]
View Quote

Big news of true.

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

Big mews of true.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Is MVIS tech in this or what?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Future options are so weird. I'm pretty sure they all expired out of the money. But I'm not sure.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Is MVIS tech in this or what?
View Quote

Nobody knows, but that Grayson guy is someone to follow for all things AR and AR Glasses.

S2upid claims that MVIS has had a working relationship with Samsung in the past, but I can't find the link to that info.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Nobody knows, but that Grayson guy is someone to follow for all things AR and AR Glasses.

S2upid claims that MVIS has had a working relationship with Samsung in the past, but I can't find the link to that info.
View Quote

Seriously, it's stupid MVIS can't just come out and say.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Seriously, it's stupid MVIS can't just come out and say.
View Quote

There's no DOT connecting fun in that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Total53:

There's no DOT connecting fun in that.
View Quote

I don't want to connect dots. I want to make a whole bunch of money.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#21]

I don't want to connect dots. I want to make a whole bunch of money.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

MSFT --> MVIS. Samsung + MSFT = ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Which is why I never have gotten into it. I have watched the videos, read the websites, and just don't get it, so I am not touching calls, puts, and all the options stuff.
Maybe if I had somebody sitting next to me showing me how to do it I may try, but  aside from knowing I need 100 share blocks to do it, I am still at a loss on it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

Which is why I never have gotten into it. I have watched the videos, read the websites, and just don't get it, so I am not touching calls, puts, and all the options stuff.
Maybe if I had somebody sitting next to me showing me how to do it I may try, but  aside from knowing I need 100 share blocks to do it, I am still at a loss on it.
View Quote

You don't need 100 shares to buy them.  That's how you lose money pretty fast.  

The faster way is to sell uncovered options. But they won't let you do that unless you have lots of money and experience.  Or Robinhood maybe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Is tomorrow a day, or the day?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#25]

What is this?
View Quote

UAN, a fertilizer company. Market finally figuring out a $80/unit company is about to pay $50ish in distributions over 2022.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Is tomorrow a day, or the day?
View Quote

It could be the day of days.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

NED and retinal projection are two different things. That picture is retinal projection.

Oh, wait, did I mention MVIS has a patent wall around both, because they invented NED and RP? Probably, doesn't matter, just a stock photo...
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#28]
And dammit(!), I want my cell phone projector! Even if I don't personally own a cell phone, and with luck never will again (Mrs. Osprey does, and places my calls. I'm not a complete Luddite).

But if I had one, I could run cats head-long into walls, and seriously irritate other people in restaurants.

Sorry if this was already posed, but I didn't see it. It's Vimeo, and I don't know how to paste it, so you have to open the link. Very cool, though.

Jail break and high speed police chase
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
And dammit(!), I want my cell phone projector! Even if I don't personally own a cell phone, and with luck never will again (Mrs. Osprey does, and places my calls. I'm not a complete Luddite).

But if I had one, I could run cats head-long into walls, and seriously irritate other people in restaurants.

Sorry if this was already posed, but I didn't see it. It's Vimeo, and I don't know how to paste it, so you have to open the link. Very cool, though.

Jail break and high speed police chase
View Quote

That came across my email today. Pretty cool. When do we get back to $28?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:38:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#30]

NED and retinal projection are two different things. That picture is retinal projection.

Oh, wait, did I mention MVIS has a patent wall around both, because they invented NED and RP? Probably, doesn't matter, just a stock photo...
View Quote

Curious, not knowing about patents, do they ever expire? Do you have to "renew" a patent?

I know you've bought a bit recently. Are you a MVIS buyer tomorrow or waiting for it to fall lower? I know it's not investment advice and all that stuff, just nice to know when the savvy investors are buying.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

View Quote

Tomorrow would be nice.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Tomorrow would be nice.  
View All Quotes

Tomorrow would be nice.  

I'll allow it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:48:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#33]
Originally Posted By rustyboy:

UAN, a fertilizer company. Market finally figuring out a $80/unit company is about to pay $50ish in distributions over 2022.
View Quote

$50 in dividends this year?

eta: found it

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocks/comments/rkoprs/uan_2022_60_yield_distributions_multibagger/
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm so confused why this is still trading. I swear Monday contract trading is over. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#35]

I'll allow it.
View Quote

That would be quite acceptable. :)

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#36]
https://i.ibb.co/6sdxkN0/Screenshot-20220116-101523-Reddit.jpg

From a R/MVIS user Jan 14th in Germany.
View Quote

Well fuck, that doesn’t look like our goods rigged up on there.

Actually isn’t that the s class benz? They signed with valeo.  
Valeo Will Equip The S Class M Benz
Remember?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Curious, not knowing about patents, do they ever expire? Do you have to "renew" a patent?

I know you've bought a bit recently. Are you a MVIS buyer tomorrow or waiting for it to fall lower? I know it's not investment advice and all that stuff, just nice to know when the savvy investors are buying.
View Quote

Savvy investor, moi? Today, for example, I invested heavily in a solid walnut Stickley dining room table and chairs Mrs. Osprey wants, mostly to keep her Idaho winter cabin fever from developing into full blown homicidal rage
Honestly, I don't know where we'll find true support if the HSTs start their $.005 a trade down bullshit when retail volume slackens. At some point I think Sumit will make some effort to defend the share price, but I have no idea what form that will take. Helps to keep in mind he personally holds 600K shares...and is most likely feeling the pain quite personally. I did laugh at the Subaru Outback post though, his current contract is $500K a year. He probably does have a winter beater...who wants to get their Maybach dirty in the Seattle slush?

We loaded just shy of $60K between $4.60 and and $6.00, because that was our plan. Should they manage to beat the share price down to $2.00, I intend to go back in very heavily, because IMO that's going to be almost free money going forward. Not a guarantee, by any means, just my personal risk tolerance and belief in the business. It sounds like a lot, but to put that in perspective it's a smaller portion of what we just sank into a couple of Vanguard index funds I'm using to help protect some of the real estate money we made last year. Trying to live by my own "don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose" advice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Tomorrow would be nice.  
View All Quotes

Tomorrow would be nice.  

Yea um… about that.
Didn’t mvis close in the low 3’s today in Germany?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Savvy investor, moi? Today, for example, I invested heavily in a solid walnut Stickley dining room table and chairs Mrs. Osprey wants, mostly to keep her Idaho winter cabin fever from developing into full blown homicidal rage
Honestly, I don't know where we'll find true support if the HSTs start their $.005 a trade down bullshit when retail volume slackens. At some point I think Sumit will make some effort to defend the share price, but I have no idea what form that will take. Helps to keep in mind he personally holds 600K shares...and is most likely feeling the pain quite personally. I did laugh at the Subaru Outback post though, his current contract is $500K a year. He probably does have a winter beater...who wants to get their Maybach dirty in the Seattle slush?

We loaded just shy of $60K between $4.60 and and $6.00, because that was our plan. Should they manage to beat the share price down to $2.00, I intend to go back in very heavily, because IMO that's going to be almost free money going forward. Not a guarantee, by any means, just my personal risk tolerance and belief in the business. It sounds like a lot, but to put that in perspective it's a smaller portion of what we just sank into a couple of Vanguard index funds I'm using to help protect some of the real estate money we made last year. Trying to live by my own "don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose" advice.
View Quote

They just need to hire a marketing team.  I don't know why the whales haven't threatened to vote him out yet if he can't pull it together with all the IP they have.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Yea um… about that.
Didn’t mvis close in the low 3’s today in Germany?
View Quote

That's not a real stock market.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Remember?
View All Quotes
https://i.ibb.co/6sdxkN0/Screenshot-20220116-101523-Reddit.jpg

From a R/MVIS user Jan 14th in Germany.

Remember?

I don't get it.

Mercedes-Benz isn't going to let that fly on top of their vehicles.  That has to be test equipment for something solid state and internally mounted from Valeo if the Valeo LiDAR deal is truly inked and to be believed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

I don't get it.

Mercedes-Benz isn't going to let that fly on top of their vehicles.  That has to be test equipment for something solid state and internally mounted from Valeo if the Valeo LiDAR deal is truly inked and to be believed.
View Quote

Probably something to get data to make software for it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Probably something to get data to make software for it.
View Quote

That would make sense.  Just like Luminar Hydra is often used for such, but it's just a test sensor array.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

That would make sense.  Just like Luminar Hydra is often used for such, but it's just a test sensor array.
View Quote

Yeah. You can't just throw something in a car and it works.  This is new technology. And there is a steep learning curve for sure.  

Mercedes might have just partnered up to use them because they were cheap. Once the get all the bugs worked out in the software to understand the input they could scale to a higher resolution device.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

There's that FOMO we've been looking for. Add in the Pelosi hype and this rocket is getting all fueled up. An announcement of the TYDE spin off, or anything else really, could be the moonshot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Generally speaking, patents are enforceable for 20 years from their filing date.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#48]

$50 in dividends this year?

eta: found it

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocks/comments/rkoprs/uan_2022_60_yield_distributions_multibagger/
View Quote

Yeah. I've tried mentioning it here a few times. A guy on seekingalpha.com has been a few quarters early, as they pre-sell a lot, and have been a quarter behind the parabolic climb in UAN and anhydrous ammonia prices. I've been rolling ITM calls, waiting for some analyst to do the math. Inputs are known, outputs are known, production volume is known. Pretty straightforward.  I expect $250ish per unit in Aug.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:32:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#49]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

There's that FOMO we've been looking for. Add in the Pelosi hype and this rocket is getting all fueled up. An announcement of the TYDE spin off, or anything else really, could be the moonshot.
View Quote

Possible meme for me for tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:34:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#50]
Nm I see
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top