BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oceans87:

Maybe if they actually announce something of substance today.  I'm not holding my breathe for it.  lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Oceans87:
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

Attitude thrusters, check
Fuel level, check

We are go for countdown to ignition.

Maybe if they actually announce something of substance today.  I'm not holding my breathe for it.  lol

Peter Schilling - Major Tom (Coming Home)

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:55:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mj1angier] [#2]
MVIS is over 16.00+ in premarket, so another sell executed. Next one is not till 18.00 but I can hope
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]
pre market looking good so far? I guess a runup before the meeting?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Still holding June $18 calls. Hopefully we get a decent pop before the ASM and I can sell them and buy back tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

AMC at $18!
View Quote

I butchered that one.  Bought at $5.  Ran up to $10.  Bought more.  Ran up to $20.  Was very happy.  Cratered back.  Stop-loss sold at 7.50, and I basically broke even, maybe a small loss.  Assumed it was headed back down to pre-hype levels and just walked away.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

I butchered that one.  Bought at $5.  Ran up to $10.  Bought more.  Ran up to $20.  Was very happy.  Cratered back.  Stop-loss sold at 7.50, and I basically broke even, maybe a small loss.  Assumed it was headed back down to pre-hype levels and just walked away.
View All Quotes

AMC at $18!

you've got company.  I got back in to GME  at $188.  Out at $198 yesterday and was proud.  GME as we speak - $235.  I is a dope.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
Today is the day, I can feel it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
View Quote

Capital idea.  *off to breakroom for go juice*
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Short attack!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Still holding June $18 calls. Hopefully we get a decent pop before the ASM and I can sell them and buy back tomorrow
View Quote

Same here. Fuckin $1 spread between the options too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

That sounds like a decent plan. I was initially planning on selling the highest ones first to lower my cost basis, until I remembered wash sales. I can flip my shares in the $14-15 range and make a little profit on each of those to avoid the wash.
View Quote

If you're going to start swing trading, just assume you'll come up against wash sales.  I don't make any big bucks swing trading, but I make "beer money."  Usually $125-$500 profits before tax.  But those add up over time (I take some losses too), and every month I make sure to take 25% of my profit and set it aside for capital gains tax.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:

Same here. Fuckin $1 spread between the options too.
View Quote

I'll sell at $200/contract
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Check out the AMC volume!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#16]
It would be bloody lovely if Fidelity would unfuck my account so I can buy options...
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Christ I can't keep up with Coach Mavis' up downs this morning.  Too much Maker's Mark last night at a company event.
Made 6 buys and 5 sells already this morning and I still feel like I left money on the table.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Pretty soon I will have to move my limit sell price up for AMC.  By doing this, when it's all said and done, I will again have missed the top and still be bagholding 100% of all of my shares.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone have link to MVIS call?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:38:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#20]
Originally Posted By sparkey75:

Granted I haven't been around for as long as some of you, but on the last two calls one of the things that Sumit has mentioned is that he is looking to see what the essentially regulators/government is going to end up requiring for the level 4/5 self driving and it seems that He is angling to have MVIS in the position that the regulators are going to require any company to have "MVIS level" Lidar as part of there system, so as much as Elon wants to downplay LIDAR if MVISs LIDAR is as good as they are claiming they are hoping that everyone is required to buy there LIDAR as it will be the top tier of safety.

Thoughts?
View Quote

Everyone thought we'd have the Jetson's flying cars by now. Short of that, we should at least have self-drivers...sheesh.

The reality is there are three real imperatives that are going to push autonomous vehicles. The first is trucking. I think Crunch or someone did a good job of laying out the first steps...convoys of autonomous trucks moving fairly slowly over huge distances, probably depot to depot, where human drivers can take the load and maneuver suburban streets to final offload. Trucks moving 24 hours a day, seven days a week don't have to drive fast, and it eliminates a lot of the variability that goes with long haul drivers. Huge economic incentive.

Then you get TAAS, or Transportation As A Service. It enables a huge swath of the disabled access to...nearly everything. It also allows you to take the keys away from mom and dad at 80 without starving them to death. There's much, much more to it, and the companies involved are already drooling at the potential market(s). It probably won't allow unrestricted freedom, but pre-programmed paths mimicking mass transit, utilizing private vehicles, to the grocery or work is certainly doable.

The last is safety. Like it or not, computers don't drink, fall asleep at the wheel, go into road rage, or send text messages while driving. They also make critical decisions much faster than humans, and can recover loss-of-control vehicles more expertly. You don't need full level 4/5 before you develop the automotive equivalent of TCAS, and the insurance lobby piles in behind it. There's lots of litigative issues that will have to be resolved, but I'd guess within five years collision avoidance, at least with similarly equipped vehicles, will be a new vehicle requirement just like seat belts.

Level 4/5 is a thorny problem that won't be solved easily, but the second and third order derivatives are coming very soon, IMO. Elon may be correct and an AI/camera system may be the cheapest and easiest route there, but even his own engineers are skeptical. The multi-spectrum sensor approach compensates for a dirty, dark, stormy and complex environment. Gunships use it...from what I remember it works pretty well
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Rebel556:
Anyone have link to MVIS call?
View Quote

https://events.q4inc.com/vsm/MVIS/2021
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Stonks!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Stonks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Everyone thought we'd have the Jetson's flying cars by now. Short of that, we should at least have self-drivers...sheesh.

The reality is there are three real imperatives that are going to push autonomous vehicles. The first is trucking. I think Crunch or someone did a good job of laying out the first steps...convoys of autonomous trucks moving fairly slowly over huge distances, probably depot to depot, where human drivers can take the load and maneuver suburban streets to final offload. Trucks moving 24 hours a day, seven days a week don't have to drive fast, and it eliminates a lot of the variability that goes with long haul drivers. Huge economic incentive.

Then you get TAAS, or Transportation As A Service. It enables a huge swath of the disabled access to...nearly everything. It also allows you to take the keys away from mom and dad at 80 without starving them to death. There's much, much more to it, and the companies involved are already drooling at the potential market(s). It probably won't allow unrestricted freedom, but pre-programmed paths mimicking mass transit, utilizing private vehicles, to the grocery or work is certainly doable.

The last is safety. Like it or not, computers don't drink, fall asleep at the wheel, go into road rage, or send text messages while driving. They also make critical decisions much faster than humans, and can recover loss-of-control vehicles more expertly. You don't need full level 4/5 before you develop the automotive equivalent of TCAS, and the insurance lobby piles in behind it. There's lots of litigative issues that will have to be resolved, but I'd guess within five years collision avoidance, at least with similarly equipped vehicles, will be a new vehicle requirement just like seat belts.

Level 4/5 is a thorny problem that won't be solved easily, but the second and third order derivatives are coming very soon, IMO. Elon may be correct and an AI/camera system may be the cheapest and easiest route there, but even his own engineers are skeptical. The multi-spectrum sensor approach compensates for a dirty, dark, stormy and complex environment. Gunships use it...from what I remember it works pretty well
View Quote

Tesla is working on level 2, and that's it, despite the product name.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
you and I must not watch the same sci-fi
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#28]
And it's tanking before the meeting even starts..
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Amc is moving up goodly
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Thallo:
Amc is moving up goodly
View Quote

Question is, what to do?  Take it while it's there or hold out for more.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Truth is I don't know. But if you are taking profit it's all good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By m6z:
View Quote
I sold 2000 shares right around peak. Only way I cry is if they announce an acquisition or special dividend in the next 24 hrs.

2000 shares sold x 16.50 = 33,000
33,000 / 14.00 = 2357 shares bought  (assuming we see 14 this week)

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Thallo:
Amc is moving up goodly

I chose to hold out.  Lost all my gains.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By m6z:
View Quote

No announcement this a.m. and 33 million shares short. They aren't going home.

If Sumit goes heavy "no comment" the short term blowback will be ugly. Just be prepared for that, it's part of the history, too. Takes a day or two for the rational investors to digest what actual information was disclosed, and make a buy decision on the oversold share price.

Honestly don't anticipate anything concrete from this ASM, because we never got anything out of the three I attended. Lot of enthusiasm and regurgitation of what we mostly already knew. Thing that concerns me here is the internet magnification effect. Attendance at the real event usually numbered 100-150 people, and we'd all go home and type up our impressions on the Yahoo message board. Virtual means an audience of thousands...tens of thousands...all of whom will have conflicting take-aways. Look at the last two ECs...Sumit better be batting hard for the performance he put on at the 4Q.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#35]
I sold 2000 shares right around peak. Only way I cry is if they announce an acquisition or special dividend in the next 24 hrs.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/gLz0XVWX1T2kE/giphy.gif

2000 shares sold x 16.50 = 33,000
33,000 / 14.00 = 2357 shares bought  (assuming we see 14 this week)

View Quote

I did a similar thing yesterday at $15 with 10% of my shares
I'll buy them back around $14.10. I'll gain 5% more shares for the same money invested
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sparkey75:

Were you in Gun lake? Moosecamp is a pretty cool little lake and the river in interesting into Fourtown.

It's cool to see people that have been to the same locations!!
View Quote
Went through it, yup.  Mudro>Fourtown>Boot>Fairy>Gun>Gull>Thunder>Beartrap and back.

Why would there be anticipation for a rather bland, well known ASM?  Just because it's "something?"
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:53:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#37]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Many word about junk stonk re:$HCMC
View Quote

@TheTech-1

Can you see if they charged you a fee on the phone transaction?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#38]

If Sumit goes heavy "no comment" the short term blowback will be ugly. Just be prepared for that, it's part of the history, too. Takes a day or two for the rational investors to digest what actual information was disclosed, and make a buy decision on the oversold share price.

Honestly don't anticipate anything concrete from this ASM, because we never got anything out of the three I attended. Lot of enthusiasm and regurgitation of what we mostly already knew. Thing that concerns me here is the internet magnification effect. Attendance at the real event usually numbered 100-150 people, and we'd all go home and type up our impressions on the Yahoo message board. Virtual means an audience of thousands...tens of thousands...all of whom will have conflicting take-aways. Look at the last two ECs...Sumit better be batting hard for the performance he put on at the 4Q.
View Quote

see... now you're making me wish I had waited to dump another 1k into it just a few minutes ago. lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:04:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#39]

View Quote

Its a "register to join" event. Need your control number from your proxy vote email.
Attendance might get limited this way?

ETA: I'm in as "Guest" so anyone with an email address can get in
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Its a "register to join" event. Need your control number from your proxy vote email.
Attendance might get limited this way?
View Quote

Should be able to join as a guest.  The control number is only for voting at the meeting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#41]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

Should be able to join as a guest.  The control number is only for voting at the meeting.
View Quote

I see that now - just bufooning my way thru Wednesday
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#42]
What time is the meeting?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

right now. you're late.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Its currently ongoing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

started 16 mins ago
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

It’s on now
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Said military markets so I guess it is in IVIS.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Sharma is trying to answer questions now - listing his limitations - NDA plus other shit
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By joshdb50:

right now. you're late.
View Quote

Shit  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Now Admiral
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top