User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm still tying to puzzle out where you got the idea that I am sympathizing with the Nazis after I clearly said multiple times that I would gladly see the Nazis and Communists wiped off the face of the earth forever.
View Quote

So, the complete elimination of European Jews and Gypsies was a price you were willing to pay for a stalemate that was NEVER going to happen?

You're dealing in bad internet fiction, NOT history.

AND we're still treating that German declaration of war as a "typo".
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Women get the shit end of the stick in war.

"We need more women in our ranks to send into combat."  - the U.S. Military.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Look up War Against Humanity. Spartacus Olsen delivers one hell of a message on WW2 atrocities.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure Mao still holds the record for crimes against women in particular and humanity in general.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
What,none of you want to touch how many French,Belgian,Italian,German,Japanese...women Americans raped?

Unless the offender was black it was unlikely to have any consequence,just how it was.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm sure Mao still holds the record for crimes against women in particular and humanity in general.
View Quote

And American leftists worship him like a deity.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What,none of you want to touch how many French,Belgian,Italian,German,Japanese...women Americans raped?

Unless the offender was black it was unlikely to have any consequence,just how it was.
View Quote

Is there any reliable sources on how many?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, just stop.  .  Are you really Estonian?      Are you upset that we saved you from ze Nazis?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd like to see the numbers of soldiers charged by their country for rape, weighed against how many were in theater, and have an honest discussion about that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you added in Soviet rapes or women in what became the Warsaw Pact I think you’d match or exceed numbers.
View Quote

Also the Soviets were pretty good at raping their own women, with or without a war.  Look at Beria - they are still digging up the corpses of his rape-murder victims.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

1. Rape was never POLICY in the United States military in WWII.
2. Compared to what the Germans, Soviets and Japanese did, rape by U.S. personnel doesn't even amount to a rounding error in their crimes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hitler fucked up by declaring war on the United States.  Sucks to be him.  Sucks to be a German in the path of the Red Army.
View Quote

He didn't have much choice.  American ships and personnel were engaging in combat against German forces without a declaration.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He didn't have much choice.  American ships and personnel were engaging in combat against German forces without a declaration.
View Quote

He had plenty of choice.

The Japanese didn't declare war on the Soviet Union when the Germans invaded the Soviet Union.

Hitler was just a psychopathic dumbass, despite the fantasies of the Wehraboos.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So, the complete elimination of European Jews and Gypsies was a price you were willing to pay for a stalemate that was NEVER going to happen?

You're dealing in bad internet fiction, NOT history.

AND we're still treating that German declaration of war as a "typo".
View Quote

I never said anything about a stalemate. I was talking about was a war of annihilation between two of the worst political regimes in modern history, and the western allies taking a deliberate approach to let it reach a point of acceptable conclusion before moving forward with a knockout blow to both of them. As far as that "never" happening, you should read up more on the politics of the period, because there was serious talk of delaying the "second front" for that very reason. Stalin ended up basically begging the western allies multiple times to intervene in Europe to take the pressure off his side of the conflict, and they finally did so, but there were many who opposed opening up a second front until the Germans and Soviets were spent to exhaustion. Many western European nations were fearful of Soviet advances into Europe, and thousands of people in the occupied countries volunteered for service on the Eastern Front, and even among the British and Americans, there were a number of observers who secretly hoped for a weakening of both the Nazis and the Soviets in the course of the ongoing conflict.

I ain't saying it's necessarily right, or even morally defensible, but there really was more nuance, complexity and double-dealing in the war than the current year historical myopia would suggest.

You really believe they could have managed a complete elimination of various ethnic groups as pressure stepped up on all fronts, supplies and manpower dwindled, public opinion of the war plummeted and the political situation worsened? Now who's talking bad internet fiction?

As a matter of historical fact, Stalin was the one who actually managed to wipe out an entire ethnic group during one of his many campaigns against "fascist traitors to the Motherland," but by all means, let's ignore that and keep glomming onto the low hanging fruit.

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He had plenty of choice.

The Japanese didn't declare war on the Soviet Union when the Germans invaded the Soviet Union.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had plenty of choice.

I know you like TIK, so you might want to check out his video on the subject.

The REAL Reason Hitler Declared War on the USA
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is pretty much exactly opposite the views during the war.  Japanese atrocities (Nanking, Bataan death march after 1944, etc) were pretty well known.

There's not many of them left alive, but I know a lot of people that wouldn't buy a Japanese car or TV for the rest of their lives, they didn't have as much of an issue with Germany.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great info...!!!

Read what the Japanese did to women in Nanking... Even the Germans who were there complained.

If your talking about whitewashed then look to the Japanese.

Everyone in the western word thinks "Evil Nazi" first but the brutality of the Japanese made the Nazis look like amateur hour.

It's whitewashed because we are a part of the western "Christian/European" world with Germans and judged them harsher.

The Japanese at the time were considered "uncivilized/backwards/foreign" and the brutality was written off as it was MOSTLY against the same "Asians over there".
This is pretty much exactly opposite the views during the war.  Japanese atrocities (Nanking, Bataan death march after 1944, etc) were pretty well known.

There's not many of them left alive, but I know a lot of people that wouldn't buy a Japanese car or TV for the rest of their lives, they didn't have as much of an issue with Germany.

A friend and neighbor was captured on Corregidor.  He was later shipped to Japan as slave labor.  Until the day he died he hated all things Japanese.   He hated that his daughter drove a Toyota but he drove a Mercedes.  RIP Larry.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We were too easy to forgive the Germans for all sorts of nasty shit they did before and during the War.  The Russians were a threat after the war and we let a bunch of card carrying Nazis ( not the bullshit people think Nazis are today, but the real deal pipe hittin' gangbangers) into the US scot-free.  We whitewashed post war Germany to help justify it.  We should have hung them all.  Von Braun included.
View Quote

We likely wouldn’t have gotten to the moon without his expertise......especially with the Russians having captured German scientists working on their rocket program

He also worked with a Jewish scientist to develop the Saturn V.......
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We likely wouldn’t have gotten to the moon without his expertise......especially with the Russians having captured German scientists working on their rocket program

View Quote

Doesn't erase the fact he was responsible for designing and building ballistic missiles that are intended for civilian targets.

I don't disagree he was instrumental in our space program, but we made the guy a hero... when he wasn't.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He had plenty of choice.

View Quote

The Soviet Union wasn't engaging in anti-sub warfare against Japanese subs, and Soviet pilots in soviet furnished planes were not flying recon missions against IJN surface units so it isn't really the same thing - is it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Doesn't erase the fact he was responsible for designing and building ballistic missiles that are intended for civilian targets.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/10/1410356401929_wps_3_WW_II_Gemany_Rocket_Shell.jpg

I don't disagree he was instrumental in our space program, but we made the guy a hero... when he wasn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/10/1410356401929_wps_3_WW_II_Gemany_Rocket_Shell.jpg

Heroic for his wartime activities? No...........I dont think anyone is arguing that he is. I imagine if the roles were reversed, we might have done the same in developing offensive weapons with that intended purpose......... But his achievements in getting NASA astronauts to space and the Moon are noteworthy and deserve recognition for what they are. Without him and his Jewish co-scientists we would have been very far behind the Soviets and might have never caught up.........

These Jewish scientists seem to have worked with him with no issues......

The German/Jewish collaboration
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh, just stop.  .  Are you really Estonian?      Are you upset that we saved you from ze Nazis?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were so much better off being occupied by the Soviets..
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They were so much better off being occupied by the Soviets..
View Quote

I guess it depends upon which groups you want murdered...
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Soviet Union wasn't engaging in anti-sub warfare against Japanese subs, and Soviet pilots in soviet furnished planes were not flying recon missions against IJN surface units so it isn't really the same thing - is it?
View Quote

The Soviets were just engaged in espionage in and against Japan, infiltrating agents into Japanese Manchuria and backing Korean communists.  I'm sure you've never heard of Kim Il Sung, who was a Red Army officer.

But hey, the 8th Air Force bombing of Germany, Torch, and Overlord were NOTHING compared to the U.S. Navy's pre-war activities.

Wehraboos are HILARIOUS.

Got any new information on "Die Glocke"?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why can he not say rape?        Seriously, whats the deal?

This brave new world bothers me.  
View Quote

He must be a Republican. Liberals use it all the time and between Clinton, Cuomo, Biden & son or Swalwell, all things are possible and allowed. Facebook as he pointed out is very hypocritically inconsistent.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He must be a Republican. Liberals use it all the time and between Clinton, Cuomo, Biden & son or Swalwell, all things are possible and allowed. Facebook as he pointed out is very hypocritically inconsistent.
View Quote

He doesn't want his YouTube videos demonitized or outright removed.

YouTube seems to be tailoring itself to be a platform for developmentally disabled Marxists.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the most Soviet thing I have ever read on Arf.

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rape and forced sexual slavery has always been part of war.

Jessica Lynch?
View Quote

To be fair in that part of the world I don't think women are the only ones needing to be worried about being raped if captured.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The Soviets were just engaged in espionage in and against Japan, infiltrating agents into Japanese Manchuria and backing Korean communists.  I'm sure you've never heard of Kim Il Sung, who was a Red Army officer.

But hey, the 8th Air Force bombing of Germany, Torch, and Overlord were NOTHING compared to the U.S. Navy's pre-war activities.

Wehraboos are HILARIOUS.

Got any new information on "Die Glocke"?
View Quote

8Th AF got going AFTER declarations of war - yes?  So what in retardation does that have to do with the topic under discussion?

I'll chop it up into little bits for you -

Before ANY declaration of war between the United States and Germany, the U.S. was:

* exchanging 50 destroyers to Great Britian, Germany's enemy, to use to kill German U-boats.
* sending supplies and war material to Great Britain.
* was suppling aircraft, purchased with United States money, built in the U.S., and crewed with U.S. naval personnel (for "training, don't you know ....) to fly combat missions on behalf of Great Britain against Germany.  One such mission led by Ensign Leonard B. “Tuck” Smith of the U.S. Navy found the Bismark  on May 26, 1941,and led to her sinking.
*  was actively engaged in anti-submarine warfare in cooperation with Great Britain and attacking German U-Boats.
*  FDR had ordered U.S. armed forces to shoot German military forces on sight.

You knew all of that - right?

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

8Th AF got going AFTER declarations of war - yes?  So what in retardation does that have to do with the topic under discussion?
View Quote

So what you're saying is declaring war on the United States and getting the loving attentions of the 8th Air Force was MUCH better than the low level conflict at sea?  Have you asked anybody who was in Dresden about that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I did not watch the whole video.  I did look at the pdf copy of his main source, the PhD dissertation by Wendy Joe Gertjejanssen, that is linked on Youtube.  Unfortunately the pdf is incomplete and only includes the first 28 pages, so I cannot read it or review the bibliography that lists Ms. Gertjejanssen's sources.

At 3:23 in the video, he states that 1.4 to 1.9 million German women were victims of Soviet rape.  He also states 10 million Soviet women were victims of German rape.

1.  I don't believe the clean hands of the Wehrmacht myth, but I do not believe the Germans raped 5x as many women as the Soviets.  

2.  I suspect many of the "sources" are Soviet or Warsaw Pact and believe the intentionally suppressed the documentation of rapes by Soviets in what became Soviet-occupied East Germany and the Eastern Bloc, while over-reporting the rape of Soviet women.  

I suspect the truth is that both armies were equally brutal.
View Quote

@dcat

Here is the full 411 pages.

http://www.victimsheroessurvivors.info/VictimsHeroesSurvivors.pdf
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
During the war the Germans occupied some part of the Soviet Union much longer, from June 1941 to the summer of 1944.  The Soviets got a toehold in East Prussia in October 1944, didn't really take a decent bite out of German territory until spring 1945, and the war ended May 8 1945.  There were 3 years of German occupation vs. 6 months Soviet, and a chunk of the German occupation was downtime while the Soviet invasion of Germany was on average higher intensity with Stalin whipping them on to Berlin ahead of the Americans and Brits.  So the Germans had six times as much opportunity, maybe more.  ETA: the population of East Germany when occupied was 18 million, I can't find a solid number for peak Soviet population under German occupation, but IIRC it was in the neighborhood of 50 million. ETA2: peak occupied Soviet areas pre-war population was 85 million (need to subtract deaths and refugees that escaped east).

After the war is technically outside the subject being discussed, the Soviets weren't perfect gentlemen but they did reassert discipline fairly quickly after allowing (or being unable to prevent) a brief celebratory outburst of rape and pillage.  After that East Germany and its people belonged to Stalin, and Stalin didn't want idiots wrecking the place while he squeezed them systematically.
View Quote

Given your last paragraph, I take it that you don't personally know any East Germans or Poles or Hungarians or Czechs that survived and/or escaped Soviet occupation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is that any different from Dresden?

Or Tokyo?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top