Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/13/2019 1:17:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Drag lakes with magnets, turn in guns at so called "buy backs" in order to make money for new guns or just restore the found guns?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it's a Kimber so meh..
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Que that ‘metal guns are superior’ thread.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Que that ‘metal guns are superior’ thread.
View Quote
The whole idea of a "Boating Accident" is that there really isn't an accident. We know that and so do the authorities. It may make for some knee jerk jokes on the internet but better to just plead the 5A and tell them nothing except you demand a lawyer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Lake Tahoe is pretty fucking deep.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, the lake here is 1,150' deep, so I'd need a long ass rope to go magnet fishing.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
What Would A "Boating Accident" REALLY Do To Your Guns?
View Quote
They'd get wet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar, I cant remember which. It will dissolve the rust. Just dont place any aluminum in it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar, I cant remember which. It will dissolve the rust. Just dont place any aluminum in it.
View Quote
Probably doesn't matter what the flavor is. They're both acetic acid in a water solution.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
My guide rod broke off and fell out the front on my Micro 9 the other day.

Still waiting on the replacement part...

They told me the warranty is now a year only.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a thread where a guy cleaned up a Mini 14 that had been on a sunken fishing boat for a while. I can't find it now though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There was a thread where a guy cleaned up a Mini 14 that had been on a sunken fishing boat for a while. I can't find it now though.
View Quote
If you do find it, please share it. Was it SS?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol, we know where a suppressor is and its still at the bottom of the pond
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It ended up matte silver, but I can't recall if it was blued or stainless originally. I've checked my subs, but it isn't showing up. The backstory was a family members commercial fishing boat sunk in the Pacific and the gun was recovered after being submerged in a storage locker for quite a while. It was a mess.

ETA: found it! @chopinbloc @ZacSquatch

Boat accident
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice! Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]
wow, that was actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Kimbers come that rusty straight from the factory!
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a floating gun case for boat use. Don’t tell the ATF.

Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#20]
If you were boating in the Gulf of Maine, they'd be in about 200+ feet of salt water.
That might put a new spin on "salt bath".
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its a 1911, so meh...
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
-more accurate now?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It ended up matte silver, but I can't recall if it was blued or stainless originally. I've checked my subs, but it isn't showing up. The backstory was a family members commercial fishing boat sunk in the Pacific and the gun was recovered after being submerged in a storage locker for quite a while. It was a mess.

ETA: found it! @chopinbloc @ZacSquatch

Boat accident
View Quote
Shot it last weekend even!
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Closest I ever got to a boating accident...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Oof...
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
My kimbers rusted while dry and on land
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Great video, OP.

Keep em' coming.  Pretty damn entertaining, especially when compared against other firearms videos/channels.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oof...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oof...
??? They look fine. What happened?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:04:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

??? They look fine. What happened?
View Quote
Look closer, that's water up to the mag well of the AR's. Likely a flooded basement. Almost made me cry.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 4:02:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Cool video.  I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 5:39:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Impressive.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#33]
What guns?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I have the shirt
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I never knew about the YouTube channel. Nice work Andrew!  I spent time with my morning coffee checking out your channel. Good quality work with some humor thrown in!

By the way, it looks like you have a great place to shoot.  If you'd say that was your back yard, I'd really be envious. I have my own backyard range, but nothing like that!
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh man!  How did things turn out?  I'm guessing ok?

That had to be heartbreaking to see!
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Is that you’re channel OP?

If so I’ll like and sub.

ETA - I’m reeeeetarded
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I bought a floating gun case for boat use. Don’t tell the ATF.

View Quote
First time I flipped my canoe in a shallow(ish) part of the swamp I did the same.

Paid off biggly out on the deeper end.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd never take all of my guns on a boat.  Hell, I never take them all anywhere. Too many for that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh man!  How did things turn out?  I'm guessing ok?

That had to be heartbreaking to see!
View Quote
Got everything rebuilt and back in order just in time for it to happen again... Our house was built in 1982 and others around us all the way back to the early 1960's. Never had any issues with flooding until 2017(62 inches of rain with Hurricane Harvey) and again in 2019(45 inches of rain with Imelda). Too much invested here to take a few hundred grand of a loss to get out. $450.00 a year still gets me $350,000.00 worth of flood insurance. Maybe it never happens again, maybe I get real efficient with rebuilding a flooded house. Keeping my eyes peeled for any decent options.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I never knew about the YouTube channel. Nice work Andrew!  I spent time with my morning coffee checking out your channel. Good quality work with some humor thrown in!

By the way, it looks like you have a great place to shoot.  If you'd say that was your back yard, I'd really be envious. I have my own backyard range, but nothing like that!
View Quote
That's actually your backyard too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh, public land. But man! It's a hell of a drive from PA!
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'd never take all of my guns on a boat.  Hell, I never take them all anywhere. Too many for that.
View Quote
I think others have dealt with this issue before and found the solution:
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think others have dealt with this issue before and found the solution:
http://media.giphy.com/media/fH4mz3YIYi5QA/200.gif
View Quote
Actually I'd need a bigger vehicle to transport them to the bigger boat first. And some time. I would have to spend a good bit of time just unloading my safes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, I wish that were the case, but it's public land at Table Mesa, north of Phoenix.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No, I wish that were the case, but it's public land at Table Mesa, north of Phoenix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice!
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#49]
A guy in my social circle was questioned about a homicide committed with an antique revolver he happened to have something similar to (WWI era). Honest to God he told the detectives it fell out when he was boating on the river a week or two earlier, which was plausible because he had witnesses who saw it strapped to his thigh when he was on the water. The irony being that one of his friends on the boat is into cowboy action shooting, so the only way the cops even knew Skippy had something so particular was because he had decided to be flashy about it that day and Cowboy had taken note of make and model.

Ended up catching Skippy literally trying to swim the Rio Grande after telling him not to leave town. With the gun in his pack.
So... formerly in my social circle. Now doing 20 to 40.

I'd never heard the `boating accident` meme before today. Thanks, OP.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A guy in my social circle was questioned about a homicide committed with an antique revolver he happened to have something similar to (WWI era). Honest to God he told the detectives it fell out when he was boating on the river a week or two earlier, which was plausible because he had witnesses who saw it strapped to his thigh when he was on the water. The irony being that one of his friends on the boat is into cowboy action shooting, so the only way the cops even knew Skippy had something so particular was because he had decided to be flashy about it that day and Cowboy had taken note of make and model.

Ended up catching Skippy literally trying to swim the Rio Grande after telling him not to leave town. With the gun in his pack.
So... formerly in my social circle. Now doing 20 to 40.

I'd never heard the `boating accident` meme before today. Thanks, OP.
View Quote
Wow, dude! That's a great story.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top