BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope.  I still use them.  I never understood the hate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I wouldn't say it's a current trend, but I always thought BAD levers were ridiculous.

Am I the only one still using them? Works remarkably well with my Redi-Mod.

Nope.  I still use them.  I never understood the hate.

I've heard stories of them causing malfunctions, but that has not been a problem for me with multiple guns of different manufacture.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Wrong

A2 is ghey

A1 is mo better

Did American Spirit Arms go out of business? I have one of their complete rifles has a carry handle, works just fine

https://www.luth-ar.com/product/a1-upper-receiver-assembled/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wrong

A2 is ghey

A1 is mo better

Did American Spirit Arms go out of business? I have one of their complete rifles has a carry handle, works just fine

https://www.luth-ar.com/product/a1-upper-receiver-assembled/

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
mlok
WHITE LIGHTS
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Paying the Government for permission to cut “MY” barrel, add a suppressor, or a certain type of stock.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Safe queens
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Proper threat ID is stupid, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Flat triggers are straight up hairy balls on the chin cock gargling...as is not using your thumb to grip the rifle so you look like the precision shooter you saw on Youtube.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#8]

300 is dumb...

but that in 5.56!

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes

Isnt that a Noveske ghetto blaster?

And i thought he was talking about that tripod rig being dumb. Its definitely interesting.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And i thought he was talking about that tripod rig being dumb. Its definitely interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't even notice the tripod.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My brother from another mother right here.

They’re all minute of hallway which is good enough right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Owning 87 rifles and none of them zero'ed.

Salad days + work + baby = and online ordering

And now its too expensive to shoot to zero them in because of the ammo crisis

My brother from another mother right here.

They’re all minute of hallway which is good enough right now.

To the Dad life
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Law tactical folding stock as it's not like it can be shot open continually, and it's a load of metal weight added to the build.

Just pin and unpin a regular damn set up, or go with the brownells brn 180
View Quote

Lol no.

LAW folder is fantastic.  I can carry a rifle-caliber gun with 30rds and an optic in a medium-small backpack, with a round in the chamber, from which it can easily be deployed and fired in a few seconds.

Pinning together a traditional AR and chambering a round is much, much slower.  And fire-while-folded is completely useless.

The LAW is a touch on the heavy side, but that’s because it’s purposely somewhat overbuilt to make it tough as nails.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Skeletonized optic mounts and crazy CNC detailing.  Bunch of dirt-trapping bullshit
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Everyone spouting “YoU shoUlD hAve spEnt that mOneY oN traiNinG” assuming that everyone they say that to is a newb that didn’t grow up shooting and needs to give there hard earned money to some d-bag with a beard and tattoos
View Quote

I kinda agree with this to an extent.

I had a buddy say the same shit, and he went out and bought a new Supra. I was into road-racing both two and 4 wheels for a bunch of years so I gave him shit about it, you should go get more training. You bought a car that has a bunch of capability on the track, do you know how to drive it to it's limit? "Uh...." He then understood that I guess I buy shit cause it's cool and looks cool too. Funny how freedom works.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

GBPSWE.

I have had both. G is better. If you want to say your MBT is a better value Id be inclined to agree with you but if you can’t tell the difference in a MBT-2S and a HSNM then you’re high or incompetent, or you’ve never actually shot them side by side and buying into the poors’ hype.

Same freakin people that say BA is just as good as LaRue. Give me a break people.

And to that point I’ll actually defend Holosun. Guess what? They put out optics with innovative features that US companies haven’t done, and their reliability is just as good. In fact I’d run a Holosun RDS before any other on my EDC which is why I bought a 507k. Sorry, but the US is a leader in optics, not THE leader. Trijicon pulled a Surefire move and rode on the coattails of their reputation instead of constantly innovating. Others are either catching up or have caught up. If Streamlight fixes their latch issue then I’d say Surefire needs to watch out as their weapon lights are otherwise just as tough, brighter, and have better beam patterns. And they are a third the price.
View Quote

I like my Trijicons and I also like my Holosuns.  I'd have to see the latest Holosuns, but my impression is they are 85-90% of the Trijicons for quality.  Just my opinion.

However, the telling thing is when some companies start suing  other companies for the placement of their buttons, etc., which tells me they can't justify market position or price on quality and innovation anymore.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#20]
The dumbest trend in the AR world right now is not being able to go out and shoot our AR's.  BLM in my area has closed everything due to the Wuhan virus.

Prior, the dumbest trend was leaving trash at shooting sites.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't get people who put fucking long range optics on AR pistols.

I thought the entire purpose of a pistol was to get a compact, maneuverable gun that you can operate operationally with.

Putting a strike eagle or other optic on a 10.5 just seems stupid. You loose the advantage of the optic by handicapping yourself with the shorter barrel length.

And even more baffling then that, is the same people who then but a shit tier bi-pod on it. I seent it
View Quote

Shit, I'm getting close to putting LPVO on all my rifles since my eyes are going.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've got that setup on my .300 Blk. It allows me to have two different zeros, which is useful with that chambering. The LPVO is set up for subs. The offset red dot is set up for supers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Offset red dots with an LPVO. Why not get better magnification and a better eye box if you're not going to use the low power side.

I've got that setup on my .300 Blk. It allows me to have two different zeros, which is useful with that chambering. The LPVO is set up for subs. The offset red dot is set up for supers.

Why the LPVO on the subs ?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Magpul B.A.D Lever
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Or I just stick with my SBR PS90.
View Quote

If I’m giving up on the rifle cartridge, I’ll just go 9mm.  Which fits in an even smaller backpack.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Gotcha.

I'm in the beginning stages of getting into NV. Definitely planning on a Dbal w/IR laser and light to avoid having my dot 5" above the bore.

View Quote

A doubt youve ever seen a 5 inch hob optic
B its not about having a laser so you dont have to do it. Having both is a capability
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Offset red dots with an LPVO. Why not get better magnification and a better eye box if you're not going to use the low power side.

Because they arc like artillery and it has a BDC to get to 225y.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Do people still complain to manufacturers when the upper and lowers color doesn’t perfectly match?  If so, then complaining to manufacturers about exact color matching....
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Pistol braces
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Retro builds.... THERE I said it, its not "retro" if its made in 2020 to look like it was made in the 60s but still isnt actually correct anyway.

I would say pistons but those have thankfully pretty much gone away.

caliber flavor-of-the-month continues: 6.8SPC, 300BO ,6.5G, .224V

Muzzle Brakes... like really you cant handle the recoil and want to make the damn thing even louder?

Negligent-Discharge Lever has been mentioned, that has mostly gone away too

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Retro builds.... THERE I said it, its not "retro" if its made in 2020 to look like it was made in the 60s but still isnt actually correct anyway.

Muzzle Brakes... like really you cant handle the recoil and want to make the damn thing even louder?

View Quote

Different strokes, but yeah, I don't get it.  I carried a 20" M-16.  I vastly prefer a 14" or 16" M4 with a collapsible stock...at least for something I'll be stuck with 24x7.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wrong on everything except pistons
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Piston ARs or piston guns?

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no.

LAW folder is fantastic.  I can carry a rifle-caliber gun with 30rds and an optic in a medium-small backpack, with a round in the chamber, from which it can easily be deployed and fired in a few seconds.

Pinning together a traditional AR and chambering a round is much, much slower.  And fire-while-folded is completely useless.

The LAW is a touch on the heavy side, but that's because it's purposely somewhat overbuilt to make it tough as nails.

Gross.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top