Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking most of it.  Wife usually buys name brand shit.  IDGAF.

Ketchup must be Heinz though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I really just look for what's cheaper.  Sometimes name brand.  More often then mow store brand.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Anything that is H-E-B or their Hill Country Fare brand.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost everything. Like 99%

Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to work for a food company that makes the majority of store branded food, and nearly all of what you guys are mentioning. There is no difference in production or quality between it and any other mass produced major brand. Buy what’s cheaper, it makes no difference other than taste preferences.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You should ask what name brand Items people buy.  I buy all store brand unless you can’t get it or there’s an indisputable quality difference.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I just remembered another one:

Giant Eagle supermarket has their own brand of honey roasted peanuts, and for some reason, they are better than the Planters name brand.

They are very "nummy" and I must have them in my tummy.

(DISCLAIMER: Consumption of very nummy peanuts subject to limitations, in order to prevent massive shit attacks ).
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
A lot of things in Kroger are the store-brand, and in some cases like soup they are reduced sodium, so I will frequently buy those, just to cut dowm a little.

Just bought some Kroger reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup to make green bean caseserole at my parents house for thanksgiving, and it turned out pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Kirkland vodka
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]
All of them?

HEB here in Texas has several store brands. Some used to be absolute shit 20 years ago. Today they are pretty much all REALLY good.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top