Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
kroger does free delivery. why would i waste my time wandering around picking up boxes or cans when someone will do it for free? It's not 1980 anymore. the only things i in person shop for is meats and produce as i don't trust the pickers to know what's good and what's not.

instacart works too
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.  Unbelievable how so want everything hand delivered or handfed to them anymore.  Get off your ass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I carry my own a$$ to the store and get my own stuff. I don't even have pizza delivered.
(Also, Never have I ever, grub hub. door dash. uber. etc...) If I want/need something, I get my a$$ up and go get it.

This.  Unbelievable how so want everything hand delivered or handfed to them anymore.  Get off your ass.

And add to the fact that my weekly grocery bill has almost doubled over the last year even though my shopping list has remained basically the same.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm not one of the poors. I could afford to have my groceries brought to me by limo. I, like you, still get off my lazy ass and go to the store. It's not about the money. It's about not being such a lazy fuck that you can't even drag your ass to the grocery store. This of course excepts the severely disabled/elderly/etc... who simply cannot actually do it. My, now, ex-wife started using delivery services and then started with the meal kit services (Blue Apron, etc...) and that was one of the many signs that she had lost her goddamned mind and that we would not be married much longer. There were many many other signs. When we were together we never seemed to have any money. Without her to spend my money on frivolously retarded crap like having groceries delivered all portioned out so that all we have is ingredients for specific meals which would only occasionally be prepared as intended instead of groceries generally, I suddenly have just fucking loads of cash accumulating.
View Quote
It's not always about lazy.  I will give you a real example of a time I used it.  Scrapeing and painting my old windows on my house, in old clothes, covered in paint, caulk, paint chips and sweat, tarps down and ladder out, been painting for hours.  If I run to the store, that means I am done for the day.  I have to clean everything up, take a shower, put all the tools away, clean the brushes, blah blah.  I am not dragging all that shit out again and starting all over, just because I need to run to the store in time to get some food.

Grab phone, click click click click, check out, done.  Now I have 2 extra hours and I can finish up this project on a Sunday night and be done.  I get to keep working and the food that I need for next week appears too.

Did it cost a little extra money?  Of course.  Was it worth it?  Absolutely.

There are some really good uses for these services and it doesn't mean that everyone doesn't want to put down the Xbox controller.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Right to the door, no app.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't want some derelict food store worker putting their grubby hands all over the stuff I'm going to be eating

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Only used it twice, but was happy with Instacart.  Used them when I had covid and we couldn’t go to the store.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#7]
herp derp @ all the "my wife"

Instacart.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used Peapod when both my SO and I was sick. No issues.

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I carry my own a$$ to the store and get my own stuff. I don't even have pizza delivered.
(Also, Never have I ever, grub hub. door dash. uber. etc...) If I want/need something, I get my a$$ up and go get it.
View Quote

/end thread
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#10]
We grow and produce 80% of our food. For the other 20% I drive to the store. Deliver isn’t a thing here and I wouldn’t use it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't even like the grocery pickup. my wife likes it, but then still has to run somewhere else for something else. Whenever she asks if i want something because she is doing a pickup - no. then she complains about what they substituted but just said ok because reasons
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I don’t even have internet at my house, no way they’ll deliver groceries.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What do you guys use to get groceries delivered?
View Quote

I walk into the store, pick out my groceries, pay, and drive home.  It hasn't killed me yet.....

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't worry when there are no more jobs making things.
Just learn to code, give manicures, or deliver groceries.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Toyota Tacoma or the wife's CR-V

I doubt that any of them deliver out here anyway
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I’m with you 150%

Fuck pizza deliveries and any type of food (either groceries or cooked food) being delivered. I se no reason to pay extra for cold food that some sick bastard may have stuck his faecal covered fingers into and charge me a premium to do it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m with you 150%

Fuck pizza deliveries and any type of food (either groceries or cooked food) being delivered. I se no reason to pay extra for cold food that some sick bastard may have stuck his faecal covered fingers into and charge me a premium to do it.  

Only time I did Uber eats was when I was in Portugal last year and practically everything was shut down due to Covid. I got tired of the few options available at the hotel and I didn't want to walk 3 miles each way for take out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's not always about lazy.  I will give you a real example of a time I used it.  Scrapeing and painting my old windows on my house, in old clothes, covered in paint, caulk, paint chips and sweat, tarps down and ladder out, been painting for hours.  If I run to the store, that means I am done for the day.  I have to clean everything up, take a shower, put all the tools away, clean the brushes, blah blah.  I am not dragging all that shit out again and starting all over, just because I need to run to the store in time to get some food.

Grab phone, click click click click, check out, done.  Now I have 2 extra hours and I can finish up this project on a Sunday night and be done.  I get to keep working and the food that I need for next week appears too.

Did it cost a little extra money?  Of course.  Was it worth it?  Absolutely.

There are some really good uses for these services and it doesn't mean that everyone doesn't want to put down the Xbox controller.
View Quote

That makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Walmart, Amazon, Doordash, GrubHub. I use them all. I prefer to spend my time doing things I enjoy and that does not including pushing a shopping cart around the store or driving around to pick up take out food. I leave those menial task for the poors.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I drive to the store.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL........at the grocery badasses.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Have tried instacart a couple of times, but we have more fun just going to the store and bumping inattentive people's carts.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LOL........at the grocery badasses.
View Quote

Next they're going to tell us how awesome they are because they wait around at the DMV to renew their tabs instead of just doing it online and we're just all lazy fucks for not wasting our time
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I've really tightened up my budget by buying what I actually need and will normally consume using InstaCart, versus going in person overbuying or getting impulse purchases.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Whole food on Amazon prime

Works great for gifts to family members out of state. Only takes a couple minutes to order flowers, wine, and chocolate.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.  If you are able-bodied, get off your ass and get what you need.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

A 5' 4" blonde wife, and her 2019 Acadia.

She just got back, a didn't forget a thing.

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
We tried Uber Eats/Doordash a few times, but there are so few drivers in our area that it just ended up being a good way to pay far more than the restaurant prices to eat cold, soggy food.  Maybe it's better in areas where there are more drivers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Going with this
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've never used any of the delivery "services" and after seeing the people who provide the "services" around here bitch on Facebook I never will.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#30]
It's called, shopping.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't trust anyone but me to pick out my steaks or produce - I do my own shopping.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Instacart.  I am more than happy to pay $8 in fees and a $20 tip every 2 weeks so that I don't have to drive several miles to Aldi and waste a weekend morning
shopping.  I work from home, and I have them delivered during the day while I'm working.  

I don't understand equating grocery delivery with being lazy.  I can afford to pay for a service to do something that I don't like to do, I'm going to do it.  I pay to have my
car's oil changed, I pay for house cleaning, etc.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't trust anyone but me to pick out my steaks or produce
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I go to the grocery store and push the cart around and fill it according to a list I've brought.
View Quote

This it allows me to look at sales and get the choice of produce and meats.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I use my 99 F150 and go food shopping LIKE A FUCKING MAN.

Jesus Christ, America is becoming so fucking lazy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I work 80 hour weeks, the last thing I feel like doing on my weekend is walking around a grocery store.

I use instacart pick up, super easy.

Edit: Peapod was my goto and favorite when I lived in chicago but is not available where I live now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wasn't aware that purchasing some eggs, milk and paper towels was an especially manly activity.  My pickup is a Chevy but it's not as old as yours. Only a 2006.  Is that less or more on the grocery cart pushing scale of man points?
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Nobody delivers where I live. No mail, no food, I have to get my own food and mail like a savage
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Assuming no traffic, the grocery store is nearly a 30 minute drive away. Add in costs for gas, my time, eliminating those "extra" things that can end up in the cart, etc. and it's less expensive to have Instacart deliver.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#41]
I use my Yukon on Thursday mornings.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't want some derelict food store worker putting their grubby hands all over the stuff I'm going to be eating

View Quote

do you lick the packaging?
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wasn't aware that purchasing some eggs, milk and paper towels was an especially manly activity.  My pickup is a Chevy but it's not as old as yours. Only a 2006.  Is that less or more on the grocery cart pushing scale of man points?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

typical GD, missing the point.

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do eat the produce, which I buy more often than anything else....

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I do eat the produce, which I buy more often than anything else....

View Quote
most of the drivers to deliver to my house are either attractive milfs or college girls.  these people care about what you are getting and how its handled.   if you dont get something you get refunded or if  its wrong, they will refund you AND you keep the item.

i guess you never looked in the kitchen of a restaurant.  that's where the disgusting derelicts of society are.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
kroger does free delivery. why would i waste my time wandering around picking up boxes or cans when someone will do it for free? It's not 1980 anymore. the only things i in person shop for is meats and produce as i don't trust the pickers to know what's good and what's not.

instacart works too
View Quote

Other than fir elderly shut ins I'm not sure I can see a need for having someone else do my shopping for me
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Other than fir elderly shut ins I'm not sure I can see a need for having someone else do my shopping for me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

instacart works too

there are two schools of thought in this thread and that ok...

let me explain my situation and why i use instacart.

I dont get alot of time off.  sure Saturdays and Sundays, but normally I work 10-12 hours a day.  M-F.  same with wifey.

If we want to drive to a Sams or Aldis or BJ's  its 20 minutes 1 way.. interestingly its in the delivery area of instacart.
so thats 40 minutes total drive time...  then a minimum of 40 minutes shopping if we only go to one place.. plus the price a fuel and Wear and tear..  let say the fuel is a wash and equal to the instacart fee.
So I pay instacart a minimal fee and save 80 minutes of our  time.  

I talk to the instacart ladies and this is  legit part time job for them and it gives them something to do in the middle of the day and they make a decent buck.  its win/win for everyone.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top