Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
 They're street legal.  Not exactly the final word in luxury though.

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://cdn.ironpla.net/i/11393/993/b2336a5b-49ae-4f50-9184-0775e5e93814.jpg
View Quote

Needs more power.

What military designation is the crazy thing that digs out tanks? It's a recovery vehicle and I think it has a 3 in the name.  M83? That's a ridiculous machine
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Needs more power.

What military designation is the crazy thing that digs out tanks? It's a recovery vehicle and I think it has a 3 in the name.  M83? That's a ridiculous machine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cdn.ironpla.net/i/11393/993/b2336a5b-49ae-4f50-9184-0775e5e93814.jpg

Needs more power.

I found it. It's the M88A3

V12

M88A3 Hercules capacities
The overall weight of the vehicle will be approximately 78t. It will have a hoisting capacity of 40t (80,000lb), pick and carry capacity of 32t (64,000lb) and recovery capacity of 80t (160,000lb).

Engine and mobility of M88A3 recovery vehicle
The M88A3 Hercules will be powered by a Caterpillar C32 ACERT diesel engine, which develops a maximum power output of 1,350hp.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
HELLO HERE IS MY 160,000 POUND VEHICLE LOL
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry about your above average penis length and IQ, op
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There is ridiculousness out there for us still friend

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2d/47/dc/2d47dcacb38b46a6642f32e583cbb347.jpg
View Quote

I'd drive the shit out of that monster, I'd never spend the money to buy one, but I'd sure enjoy making Gretta whatever her name is cry for burning too much fuel.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To get a taste in cars like you have, you must have explored the side of ridiculous.

I have dabbled in it with cars but not with trucks. And I don't particularly like brodozers because they haven't gone far enough. They need to be body on frame monstrosities that you cannot even drive because you hit road signs with each tire and it gets 20gal/mile
View Quote

I've owned many things, but a bro dozer is one I've not had. I lift everything I own that's 4wd, but that's for function more than for looks, even though I do like my vehicles to look nice. The most ridiculous thing I've owned was a 2wd S-10 that was lowered, but it was more of a hot rod than a lowrider, it had a SBC with a supercharger pushing a little over 400hp.

Now I stick to European cars, and American trucks. That said I'll drive anything, and can find a bit of joy in just about any vehicle, I just love to drive.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
sorry about your above average penis length and IQ, op
View Quote

I'm not sure if you're a woman, conditioned improperly, didn't have a good childhood or not aware that Shaq also owns large vehicles.

I'm not sure why me posting about putting a Busa motor in a Smart Car would lead to an acceptable penis, but me posting about giant ridiculous vehicles would lead to a smaller penis.

Does this penis theory of yours include aircraft? If so, is the penis to cool aircraft radio done by wingspan or lifting capacity? Or is it speed that shortens the penis?

I'm very curious about your penis theories
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've owned many things, but a bro dozer is one I've not had. I lift everything I own that's 4wd, but that's for function more than for looks, even though I do like my vehicles to look nice. The most ridiculous thing I've owned was a 2wd S-10 that was lowered, but it was more of a hot rod than a lowrider, it had a SBC with a supercharger pushing a little over 400hp.

Now I stick to European cars, and American trucks. That said I'll drive anything, and can find a bit of joy in just about any vehicle, I just love to drive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To get a taste in cars like you have, you must have explored the side of ridiculous.

I have dabbled in it with cars but not with trucks. And I don't particularly like brodozers because they haven't gone far enough. They need to be body on frame monstrosities that you cannot even drive because you hit road signs with each tire and it gets 20gal/mile

Dude I've known two cool mechanic cars. One dude built a silly Volvo 240 drift car. Another dude made a Viper truck an off-road truck rather than a road toy.

Both were insanely cool
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Needs more power.

View Quote

I think people have successfully swapped the engines in deuces with modern diesels.  If you've got 100 acres and money to burn, it could be fun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The problem isn't looks could care less about that..it is 100% about safety..most of these rigs are so far from safe its not funny, weather it is handling issues to just how shit was built and weather it can withstand the loads it is going to see, that goes for steering systems, brake systems, suspension systems...Just for brakes alone, running these big tires requires 1 ton capacity or better brakes on all 4 corners.. most don't they run half ton brakes on half ton axles and both are inadequate for off road use let alone on road use at speed.....same with steering linkages, suspension components, the list is long and most are ignored simply because they don't want to spend the dollars needed to do it right...they always think its good enough and it will never go wrong for them....But in reality it does, often costing someone else dearly for their stupidity...
View Quote

I agree with you 100%, if it's on the road it should be safe or it shouldn't be on the road.

I don't give a shit if they kill themselves, but they usually take someone with them, and then it's a problem.

I can't tell you how many times someone has brought me something in with a planned build of all he shit they've seen online, and once they're told how much it'll cost to do it right, they want to start cutting corners like brakes and steering, you know the shit that doesn't really matter because it doesn't look cool.

Suspension, steering and brakes are not something that will ever leave my shop half assed, it either gets done right or they can take it to a shitty shop that doesn't care if they die. I build high end vehicles, not some pile of shit back yard build. I've fixed some truly scary stuff over the years.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think people have successfully swapped the engines in deuces with modern diesels.  If you've got 100 acres and money to burn, it could be fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Needs more power.

Getting more difficult to do cool stuff with the EPA
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree with you 100%, if it's on the road it should be safe or it shouldn't be on the road.

I don't give a shit if they kill themselves, but they usually take someone with them, and then it's a problem.

I can't tell you how many times someone has brought me something in with a planned build of all he shit they've seen online, and once they're told how much it'll cost to do it right, they want to start cutting corners like brakes and steering, you know the shit that doesn't really matter because it doesn't look cool.

Suspension, steering and brakes are not something that will ever leave my shop half assed, it either gets done right or they can take it to a shitty shop that doesn't care if they die. I build high end vehicles, not some pile of shit back yard build. I've fixed some truly scary stuff over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem isn't looks could care less about that..it is 100% about safety..most of these rigs are so far from safe its not funny, weather it is handling issues to just how shit was built and weather it can withstand the loads it is going to see, that goes for steering systems, brake systems, suspension systems...Just for brakes alone, running these big tires requires 1 ton capacity or better brakes on all 4 corners.. most don't they run half ton brakes on half ton axles and both are inadequate for off road use let alone on road use at speed.....same with steering linkages, suspension components, the list is long and most are ignored simply because they don't want to spend the dollars needed to do it right...they always think its good enough and it will never go wrong for them....But in reality it does, often costing someone else dearly for their stupidity...

Dude.

It's not even project cars. I've seen stuff (you would absolutely believe) like bumpers over destroyed impact bars, and SRS systems rewired so they pass inspection after being activated, and calipers providing the clamping force.... crazy
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#15]

What in the hell is that thing?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's YUGE
View Quote

Dude one of my internet friends got a small Mitsubishi dump truck for like 10k and it's pretty cool
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell I knew a kid years back that needed a trailer to haul his 2.5 ton 66" terra tire rig around.. His solution because he was broke..he made one out dimensional lumber..frame/deck/ hitch all out of wood..thankfully his pos truck destroyed it when he tried to load it...but '"Yeah, I'm same as you, used to do some trick shit in my shop, but it had to be right.. we seldom if ever used lift kits, rather build stuff tfor the application..
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#22]
EV unibody Maverick with 12in lift.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#23]
why not just get a UniMOG or a Bearcat?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Supposed true story.  A kid started his first job at caterpillar.  After his first paycheck he put a down payment on a brand new F150.  He drove it over to the proving ground where they test those gigantic earth moving machines.  The kind that have built in stairs to climb up into the cab.

Well he parked it a place with clear no parking signs.  He went inside to chat with his uncle and when he went back out he found his shiny new F150 flatter than a pancake.  One the those gigantic earth moving machines drove right over and crushed it and the driver never even knew it was there.  Now the kid has a crushed truck and had not even yet made his first payment
View Quote

I’ve been to the Tucson Proving Grounds - I can see that happening

Saw plenty of pics of pancaked vehicles in MSHA training classes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
why not just get a UniMOG or a Bearcat?
View Quote

Maybe a Bearcat, but I really don't have any citizens to keep in line. Something more for regular people but unnecessary is kinda what I'm thinking of.

If I went military I'd probably go with that ridiculous M883 lolol
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I've always really liked the smaller Unimogs like the 400s.

I would rather have late stage syphilis than daily drive one though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, the 2 fords, one is a 89 3/4 ton with 351 Winsor as far as how it started life, the other is a 92 1ton dually with 460.. both run 60 fronts, the 92 is a ball joint front, the 89 is a trunnion 60..both run fords rear axle, not a fan, both trucks run 5:13 gears, Detroit locker out back, true track up front, both run factory t-case and trans, the 92 runs a ford AOD, the Windsor runs a C6 for trannies..not a fan of the AOD but it does ok..We build the flat beds, they are 8.5 foot wide and at least 9 foot long.Mostly they are stock, but they get heavily maintained, greased and fluids checked for water at the end of the trip before loading on trailer.. End of each season we bring them in the shop and go thru them, axles to the inner axles, the ball joint front gets new ball joints t least every other year, the 44's and the weight of the truck drastically shorten ball joint life..we have talked about replacing the "C"'s with trunnions, but we have half the shit to build 2 new buggy's that will never get built if we keep throwing money at the old ones... the rigs run special made springs that we order from a spring shop in Texas, they have the ability to carry the weight while still allowing decent movement..We run bilstien medium damping shocks, at least 2 per corner to offset the unsprung weight of the bigger tires/rims.. rims are 12x 16.5 steel and the tires are 44" super swamper boggers ...We also have a chevy, nothing fancy, runs a good running small block, a built 700R4 and a 208 t-case, it runs 5:38's Detroit and true track, all 3 rigs run chrome moly axles Wirth 35 spline outers and drive plates in place of hubs...The chevy also runs orbital steering instead of a steering box, the fords need it but it really isn't worth the effort for what will be back up rigs for big trips..what they have works fine for light use..all of them have had frames reinforced, the chevy was beefed from end to end..the fords are braced around the shocks and a couple other places where we have seen stress..The chevy has been off-road since 2003, the 92 ford since 2011, and the 89 ford is a youngster at 3 years off road in our group...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you give is a walk around pic thread of your moose buggy's?

Well, the 2 fords, one is a 89 3/4 ton with 351 Winsor as far as how it started life, the other is a 92 1ton dually with 460.. both run 60 fronts, the 92 is a ball joint front, the 89 is a trunnion 60..both run fords rear axle, not a fan, both trucks run 5:13 gears, Detroit locker out back, true track up front, both run factory t-case and trans, the 92 runs a ford AOD, the Windsor runs a C6 for trannies..not a fan of the AOD but it does ok..We build the flat beds, they are 8.5 foot wide and at least 9 foot long.Mostly they are stock, but they get heavily maintained, greased and fluids checked for water at the end of the trip before loading on trailer.. End of each season we bring them in the shop and go thru them, axles to the inner axles, the ball joint front gets new ball joints t least every other year, the 44's and the weight of the truck drastically shorten ball joint life..we have talked about replacing the "C"'s with trunnions, but we have half the shit to build 2 new buggy's that will never get built if we keep throwing money at the old ones... the rigs run special made springs that we order from a spring shop in Texas, they have the ability to carry the weight while still allowing decent movement..We run bilstien medium damping shocks, at least 2 per corner to offset the unsprung weight of the bigger tires/rims.. rims are 12x 16.5 steel and the tires are 44" super swamper boggers ...We also have a chevy, nothing fancy, runs a good running small block, a built 700R4 and a 208 t-case, it runs 5:38's Detroit and true track, all 3 rigs run chrome moly axles Wirth 35 spline outers and drive plates in place of hubs...The chevy also runs orbital steering instead of a steering box, the fords need it but it really isn't worth the effort for what will be back up rigs for big trips..what they have works fine for light use..all of them have had frames reinforced, the chevy was beefed from end to end..the fords are braced around the shocks and a couple other places where we have seen stress..The chevy has been off-road since 2003, the 92 ford since 2011, and the 89 ford is a youngster at 3 years off road in our group...

That is neat. Way different then rigs here. Do you just hunt off of them from a basecamp or are you guys living out of them when you go out? How does your fuel situation work? Is one of the rigs a Dedicated fuel tender or do they have good range?
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Anything you need a step to get in.
If you don't have scratches on your undercarriage you don't need that height  do you?

(2008 Ranger and I feel fine)
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#30]
This guy parked next to me today (4Runner on the left). Those are 24" rims.

I'm 6'4" and I'd have a hard time getting into that truck.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That is neat. Way different then rigs here. Do you just hunt off of them from a basecamp or are you guys living out of them when you go out? How does your fuel situation work? Is one of the rigs a Dedicated fuel tender or do they have good range?
View Quote

No we have camps, fuel wise we generally haul supplies for hunt camp over the 4th of July week, it makes it easier to to get camp setup and have everything we need without going overloaded in the fall...We have a couple of these carport deals we use for camp, normally one for hanging out/cooking in and one for sleeping, we have both a wood burner and an oil heater and most all of the luxuries needed for hunt camp, including some simple shitters made with a hollow 55 gallon drum...We really don't use much fuel, on a mostly dry trail the buggys average about 4 mpg when its super muddy they will run about 2 mpg... generally we just haul fuel in 55 gal drums as needed, we have one are we go to where its 100 miles one way from the road, several others are 40 to 80 miles, all depends on what the animals are doing...

Attachment Attached File

shitter with a view ....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No we have camps, fuel wise we generally haul supplies for hunt camp over the 4th of July week, it makes it easier to to get camp setup and have everything we need without going overloaded in the fall...We have a couple of these carport deals we use for camp, normally one for hanging out/cooking in and one for sleeping, we have both a wood burner and an oil heater and most all of the luxuries needed for hunt camp, including some simple shitters made with a hollow 55 gallon drum...We really don't use much fuel, on a mostly dry trail the buggys average about 4 mpg when its super muddy they will run about 2 mpg... generally we just haul fuel in 55 gal drums as needed, we have one are we go to where its 100 miles one way from the road, several others are 40 to 80 miles, all depends on what the animals are doing...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/IMG_7127_jpeg-2759150.JPG

shitter with a view ....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/IMG_7212_jpeg-2759159.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/IMG_7127_jpeg-2759150.JPG

shitter with a view ....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/IMG_7212_jpeg-2759159.JPG

Why bother with the drum, friend?

If you're that far out, i certainly understand sanitation but couldn't you just bury it? The big drum seems like a lot of extra space
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is how you tell how well built a rig is for off-road... when 7/8 of the tire is below the lowest body line, it's a bro dozer and not an off-road truck...A properly built off road truck will keep the truck/body as low on the tires as possible, just for center of gravity, let alone for drivability....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/IMG_6973_jpeg-2758644.JPG
View Quote

This man knows what's up
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you're that far out, i certainly understand sanitation but couldn't you just bury it? The big drum seems like a lot of extra space
View Quote

The drum keeps the hole from caving in, it has no top or bottom, it is simply used to maintain the hole..at the end of camp we burn it just like the military used to and pull the barrel and fill the hole back up with dirt.. the barrel was used to haul fuel to camp, once drained the top and bottom are cut out, then when its done we flatten it and it goes out with us...the wood/styrefoam top gets used again..I don't know if you have ever shit in the cold, but styrofoam is instantly warm to the touch on bare skin..makes life so much more comfortable...
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm out of touch with the brodozer world.

The last ridiculous one I remember was International made like a dump truck you could buy. I think Shaq got one or something it was like 200k with a billion gallon diesel tank

Is everyone just putting stupid suspensions on stuff now or do companies still create giant monstrosities for no reason? I am not interested in some stupid lift kit I'm talking about "Hello yes I would like to daily drive a 16L engine that weighs as much as an Abrams tank and get fined for driving on the road" type brodozer

Not talking about the swap meet I'm talking about the guy that converts F850 leaf trucks into some ridiculous nonsense with a bed no one can reach because it was never designed to have a bed
View Quote

The awesome dood that makes my food at peeps events and run the course tactically with a smoke in his mouth
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:30:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The drum keeps the hole from caving in, it has no top or bottom, it is simply used to maintain the hole..at the end of camp we burn it just like the military used to and pull the barrel and fill the hole back up with dirt.. the barrel was used to haul fuel to camp, once drained the top and bottom are cut out, then when its done we flatten it and it goes out with us...the wood/styrefoam top gets used again..I don't know if you have ever shit in the cold, but styrofoam is instantly warm to the touch on bare skin..makes life so much more comfortable...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brother that's a fantastic answer.

I've used Jerry cans to get to camps but never 55gal drums. Thanks as always, if I get up to Alaska ever I'll bring you guys whatever is rare up there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The awesome dood that makes my food at peeps events and run the course tactically with a smoke in his mouth
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm out of touch with the brodozer world.

The last ridiculous one I remember was International made like a dump truck you could buy. I think Shaq got one or something it was like 200k with a billion gallon diesel tank

Is everyone just putting stupid suspensions on stuff now or do companies still create giant monstrosities for no reason? I am not interested in some stupid lift kit I'm talking about "Hello yes I would like to daily drive a 16L engine that weighs as much as an Abrams tank and get fined for driving on the road" type brodozer

Not talking about the swap meet I'm talking about the guy that converts F850 leaf trucks into some ridiculous nonsense with a bed no one can reach because it was never designed to have a bed

That's a nice truck but it isn't ridiculous enough
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But I'm thinking like can we turn a motorhome into an off road? Just utterly ridiculous
View Quote

We Took a Winnebago Off Road! The "Off-Roaderhome" | Dirt Every Day | MotorTrend

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Damn, knowing how those are built, I am surprised it didn't cave in on itself on the trail...
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I damn near bought one very similar to that.... wife talked sense into me. Still would like one.

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I damn near bought one very similar to that.... wife talked sense into me. Still would like one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absurdity is one piece of male happiness.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top