Gen 3 viper.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
R8, NSX or 911.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
911 turbo or turbo s is pretty much the only answer for a daily super car.

You can go exotic/somewhat reliable with an r8, amg gt, or reliable with a GTR as well, but the 911 turbo s is truly super car status.  Nothing else will get you daily ability.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Simple litmus test for a daily, no matter the category….what is the first year depreciation rate?  What is the 5 year depreciation?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
911s aren’t supercars,they’re everywhere.
View Quote

They are?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Porsche, there is no substitute
View Quote

This really is the only answer and I can prove it.
Look at the mileage on used examples of all the super cars.

There are thousands of used 911 turbos with over 200,000 miles. That’s a car that’s been a daily driver. Successfully.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol - laugh whenever I hear supercar daily. FFS buy a Lexus beater and save the angst. Juice ain't worth the squeeze. Literally.

For everyone who says McLaren, it works in FL to an extent. Not so much in the Midwest.

Neighbors have them, the poor guy with the 570S up north has a hard time making it over the gutter and up the drive.  
View Quote

I won't claim to have anywhere near your expertise on the subject, but there seems to be an surprisingly large number of McLarens running around the KC metro area.

That's probably the flavor of supercar I'm most likely to see being driven in traffic on a random day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
911s aren’t supercars,they’re everywhere.

They are?

I thought we were all issued one?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a 911 turbo, it was fast and somewhat rare.  Got plenty of attention and a lot of guys got to see my bumper as I walked them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It occurs to me that this post is also (ironically) the illustration that 911 is the only correct answer.  Guess why you see so many 911s?  It's because their owners ACTUALLY use them as daily drivers.  I drove my GTS my work today, just like every day.  On the way home, I stopped to pick up groceries, including cases of beer and soda, two gallons of milk, ribs, chicken, etc.  

Nobody actually uses a Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, etc. as a daily driver.  They are weekend and track cars, or garage queens.

View Quote

There's an Aventador I see around West County Saint Louis pretty often but that owner is the rare exception. I've had the privilege to drive a few exotics over the years and as fun as they are there's no way I'd want to daily drive one. All of the things that make them awesome on the track would make them horrible to live with as a daily commuter. A lot of them will struggle with a task as simple and routine as pulling into a driveway with too step of a gutter out front. Comfort is pretty much an afterthought often sacrificed for performance and the attention they attract everywhere you go would get old fast. Every cop you pass on the highway is going to give you the hairy eyeball. Not only does a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin or what have you stand out like a peacock in a chicken coop but they also sound like they're going 150 mph at pretty much every speed due to the shift points being somewhere between 7k-9k RPM.

If I were to ever drop a quarter million or more on an exotic (very unlikely) it would be a weekend only back road cruiser and occasional track toy. I much prefer something beige and comfortable for a daily driver. I'd be a nervous wreck leaving a 488 Pista sitting unattended in the grocery store parking lot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#13]

I go back and forth on if I like those or not. From some angles they look absolutely sexy and from other angles it reminds me of the car Ace and Gay drove in the Ambiguously Gay Duo skits.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Pretty much this right here.

A real V8 and not some gay 6 cylinder airplane engine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Durango Hellcat.  AWD, seats 6, lots of cargo room, sounds awesome & it can beat 99% of anything out there 0-60 & runs the 1/4 in 11.5.  I have one and it’s a blast to drive.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:32:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd go with a GT3 RS
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hate that guy more than Biden.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#19]
For a daily nothing can touch a 911 Turbo S.

They are as fast as HyperCars, filled with luxury, built well, and not so expensive you are afraid to put miles on them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol - laugh whenever I hear supercar daily. FFS buy a Lexus beater and save the angst. Juice ain't worth the squeeze. Literally.

For everyone who says McLaren, it works in FL to an extent. Not so much in the Midwest.

Neighbors have them, the poor guy with the 570S up north has a hard time making it over the gutter and up the drive.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Assuming its an S - possibly a GT.

DKProfs correct in that folx with something similar or a passel (Gallardo to a guy with La Ferrari/918 +), all have a something entirely different daily. Why wouldn't you?

Even the hardest Porsche guys I know don't roll their Mezger cars everyday. But there's a difference between perf/prep models and run of the mill 911. The guys who have the most track time are usually the most blase'

I'll hand it to a guy I know, drove his 430 damn near every clear day for a number of years. The novelty eventually wore off.

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
911s aren’t supercars,they’re everywhere. Nothing ubiquitous can be a super anything.
View Quote

Supermarket.  They're everywhere and it's right in the name.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top