User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
She loved money more than me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m in the middle of one, so can’t say much.  You remember that guy here who wrote the book about his crazy wife embalming her uterus?

My wife’s crazier
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
16 years married, and every day I find new reasons to love him. Divorce has never crossed my mind. I doubt it ever will.
View Quote
You're obviously in the wrong thread.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So for those of you that agreed to joint bank accounts, credit cards, finances, etc.; what drove you to this decision and would it have made a difference during the eventual divorce?
View Quote
She insisted that I make my accounts joint, but refused to close her accounts. That should have been a warning sign
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So for those of you that agreed to joint bank accounts, credit cards, finances, etc.; what drove you to this decision and would it have made a difference during the eventual divorce?
View Quote
I did that with my ex wife cause we married when we were young and had nothing more or less starting the marriage. We just assumed thats what you do in a marriage.

I will NEVER do that again now that I'm older and more established.  If I marry again and she wants a new car, she can get it on her own.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never been married, but had a few close calls.

The last one I lived with for far too long.  She was sweet, and sex was great.  She suggested I move in with her since I was basically living with her already.  Great.

The sex, when we had it once a month, became rote.  Never before or since have I been made to feel like a dildo. i.e., all about her, not me.

She'd completely lose her shit over the littlest things.  The dog made a mess of a box of kleenex.  Full fucking melt down that involved, screaming, crying, eating half of a cake, and soaking alone in the tub with a bottle of wine.

When making plans for visiting family over the holidays, we had to go to her parents for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, because that's what she always did.

That's when I left.

After I moved out, she came over one night to rekindle things.  There we were in missionary, when I was reminded of how horrible the sex had been/was.  I stopped, looked her straight in the eye, and said, "No.  This isn't working.  You have to leave now."

Quoted:

Ive been single now for 3 months, taking a break for awhile to figure out why I pick such shitty women and closing on a house at the end of this month.

Going to focus on me for awhile.
View Quote
I made the same decision.  Take some time to figure out what I was doing wrong choosing women, and focus on building a better me for a while.  That was fourteen years ago.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Six pages and not one 'The baby came out the wrong color'.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've never been married, but had a few close calls.

SNIP

After I moved out, she came over one night to rekindle things.  There we were in missionary, when I was reminded of how horrible the sex had been/was.  I stopped, looked her straight in the eye, and said, "No.  This isn't working.  You have to leave now."
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know a guy this happened to. His wife went to basic training and AIT.  Came back pregnant.

Thought it was his until it was born and Maury said he was not the father.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I know a guy this happened to. His wife went to basic training and AIT.  Came back pregnant.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we know the same people? This exact thing happened to a friend of mine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#12]
My girlfriend got tired of me having to go home every night.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not exactly a rare phenomena when homely white girls who don't get a lot of attention at home go to an environment where they get axed out all the time.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Last straw that lead to my divorce! Saying I do.
Down hill road thru hell after that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not exactly a rare phenomena when homely white girls who don't get a lot of attention at home go to an environment where they get axed out all the time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truer words have never been spoken. I was a man-whore when I went through AIT for the second time at Ft. Sam back in 2004 at the ripe old age of 29.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This sounds like mine. 18 years later.... just getting there....maybe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a straw; a fucking California redwood.

Came home from work on Christmas eve to find a note on the dining-room table saying she had left me. Completely out of the blue -- the night before we had been watching Christmas movies and baking cookies.

Turns out she had been secretly planning this for months. The day before she left, she cashed in all the CDs, wiped out the savings accounts, wiped out the checking account, and maxed out all the credit cards. She took almost ten thousand in cash out of my gun safe (my entire 'play money' fund), and took all of the small, high-value items she could stuff in the new car I'd bought her. No firearms, though.

She immediately moved in with a guy seventeen years younger than me ( who she'd been screwing for four months).

That was five years ago. I'm almost ready to trust someone again.
This sounds like mine. 18 years later.... just getting there....maybe
Thirty years not there yet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]
If she can't keep her "little comments" to herself, I will probably post another comment in this thread...
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If she can't keep her "little comments" to herself, I will probably post another comment in this thread...
View Quote
Uh oh...

good luck.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#20]
married to my first wife, I was stricken with the flu over the Christmas break. she brought me chicken soup.
set it on the floor. pushed it closer to me.  with a stick. left the house.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
driving home after another 12 hr workday to make money she had already spent, I was
listening to Skynerd`s "Gimme Back My Bullets" & realized he was talking to me.
I went home, loaded my guns and Harley and went back where I came from. let her keep
all the useless shit we had bought together. best thing I could have done for me and for her.
View Quote
She quit a damn good job that provided a townhouse (she managed the property) and let her parents pay most of our new bills.
I was in school and working, but we needed her income.
I took my dog, the blender and my motorcycle. I left a shitty duplex loaded with new everything.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I did that with my ex wife cause we married when we were young and had nothing more or less starting the marriage. We just assumed thats what you do in a marriage.

I will NEVER do that again now that I'm older and more established.  If I marry again and she wants a new car, she can get it on her own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MrsScruff and I have both been married before. in each, money was a big factor for stress. I actually don`t know how much
money she brings in. she has her account, I have mine. I pay all the bills, she writes me a monthly check for her share and
what I have spent on her interests, such as her horse. works pretty good, we don`t fuss about money.  when I was married
before we had joint accounts and I could not buy a damn box of ammo. married to my present wife I have bought 13 new guns
in about two and a half years.
I think you have to know precisely what you do not want & what you will not put up with, before you know what you do want
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
These stories make me nervous as fuck about getting married.
View Quote
Me too.

That is why my girlfriend and I have been together for 18 years now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#24]
What was the last straw that lead to your divorce?

Quoted:
View Quote
When her mother insulted me in my own home over some really lame crap and she backed up her mother.

After my in-laws left, I told her it better not ever happen again, and if it did, she'd better pack her shit.

Two weeks later she was gone.

LC
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#25]
She said she wanted out, I said there is the door. Everyone lived happily ever after.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Beat that puss$ up... ruin it and she’ll love it!
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
married to my first wife, I was stricken with the flu over the Christmas break. she brought me chicken soup.
View Quote
Nobody wants the damn flu man....
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#28]
After she told me she wanted a divorce, but had no boyfriend.

Then she went to work...she told me....only for me only to find out she spent the day with a guy from her work, he was married too.

Gave her what she wanted, but oops, afterward, she did not want it, but got it.

I have Been happily remarried for many many years to another woman.

The last I had heard, she had been married 5 times. Who cares?
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I chronicled the unhappiness at the beginning of my marriage here and was advised to run screaming from the relationship.

I stuck it out.

She was disagreeable, messy, frigid for another year. Sex WA less than once a month for the first two years of marriage, which was bad enough on its own, but compounded with the fact that she'd make promises that she had no intention of keeping... That destroyed me. I used to go in the basement and scream my throat raw in anger every day after work.

December 2016 I went to a shrink about half a dozen times. She said "there's nothing I can do for you, you're normal, your wife is the problem, you need to issue her an ultimatum and hold her to it."

1/2/17 we had most of our windows replaced to the tune of a significant amount of my yearly take-home and she bitched me out for several hours about not staying home to make sure they used the right sealant.

1/3/17 she quit her job because it was too stressful.

I kicked her out of bed and didn't speak to her for a month.

The absolute final straw came in early April 2017. We got a nice hotel on discount for the weekend(partially to celebrate her getting a new job) and agreed to spend it having sex. We attempted sex once and she complained, and she spent the rest of the time watching tv or playing games on her cellphone.

I seethed inwardly for the rest of the month. When her car took a crap later that spring, I told her that she needed to be very careful with replacing it because she needed to start looking for a new place to live too. I told her I was sick of feeling not just unloved, but hated and disrespected, and I want getting anything out of our relationship. She no longer made me happy and I didn't want her to tell me she loved me anymore because I didn't believe her. She had until the end of the summer to turn it around and then I was getting rid of her.

And I would have too, except she started making an effort.

Slowly, not as fast as I would like, but the last 8 months have been far better than the first two years. I'm still mad that we're not GOOD at sex because she basically withheld for the first 2/3s of our marriage. We suck at it, we're learning what the other likes. I feeling like a stupid fumbling teenager trying to figure out or because she delayed us. But we're much more intimate more than we were and getting better. We've had sex more in the last four months than we did from when we got married in 2015 to the end of 2017.

And she actually treats me like she loves me now. We're getting there.

But I absolutely would've told her to get out at the end of the summer of she hasn't started making an effort. I've never felt as worthless and unloved as she made me feel last April.
View Quote
It's interesting you say that.  My wife and I were each others first real boyfriend/girlfriend.  I had not so much as kissed another girl before dating her.  When we got married, the sex was really bad--neither of us knew what we were doing.  I just figured we'd eventually figure it out.  Turns out she was severely bipolar (but wasn't properly diagnosed for the next 15 years).  She disliked sex very much, so from the honeymoon on, it pretty much stopped.  Once a month, maybe two months--perfectly normal.  Now, 23 years later, on the rare occasion we do have sex, I'm still really bad in bed, and I still don't know what I'm doing, because she refuses to talk to me about it and tell me what she wants/needs. Every time felt like the first time--and not in a good way. She says I'm a guy, and should just figure it out.  It broke me.  I have no desire to have sex again.  I just don't care anymore.  I'll actually avoid it if I feel like she is trying to throw me some pity sex, because the whole act is depressing and I know she doesn't really want to.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:37:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I might have the best one:

With my ex wife she had fucked us financially more than once and at that point I had one foot out the door, I was just waiting for our daughter to finish highschool and go off the college.

One day my daughter handed me her mothers ipad to show me she was Cat fishing boys my daughter was going to highschool with! I was done and disgusted.

A 37 year old women acting like a college girl from montana lmao what a tool I filed that day.

After divorce I dated a girl who had alot of good qualities but I slowly started to learn she was a functional cocaine addict. I called her out on it and she went crazy pushing me and grabbing me. I was out the door and never looked back as I saw domestic violence in my future with that girl.

Ive been single now for 3 months, taking a break for awhile to figure out why I pick such shitty women and closing on a house at the end of this month.

Going to focus on me for awhile.
View Quote
At a certain point you will make all poor choices because after XX YOA  the great options are taken. Men can usually tell a great woman when they know her a little while. Certainly by the mid twenties men have already tried to lock down the good ones. And if you have 75%+ of men all going after that select group of women it's not going to be too long until one of them gets her.

So if you don't find her by a certain age for whatever reason the odds of ever finding her continue to go down unless you find a way to put yourself at the head of the pack; ie gorgeous, rich, famous.  It's all a numbers game unfortunately.

IMO after 30 your best option is to find a fishing hole that hasn't been fished out already. Easier said than done because there are lots of men and they've thought of everything.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When she killed our baby.
View Quote
\Wait what?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's interesting you say that.  My wife and I were each others first real boyfriend/girlfriend.  I had not so much as kissed another girl before dating her.  When we got married, the sex was really bad--neither of us knew what we were doing.  I just figured we'd eventually figure it out.  Turns out she was severely bipolar (but wasn't properly diagnosed for the next 15 years).  She disliked sex very much, so from the honeymoon on, it pretty much stopped.  Once a month, maybe two months--perfectly normal.  Now, 23 years later, on the rare occasion we do have sex, I'm still really bad in bed, and I still don't know what I'm doing, because she refuses to talk to me about it and tell me what she wants/needs. Every time felt like the first time--and not in a good way. She says I'm a guy, and should just figure it out.  It broke me.  I have no desire to have sex again.  I just don't care anymore.  I'll actually avoid it if I feel like she is trying to throw me some pity sex, because the whole act is depressing and I know she doesn't really want to.
View Quote
Damn man,have you ever had your testosterone checked?

You need to find someone else. With the right person,  you just sort of figure sex out or she will flat out tell you what you need to do to please her. When I first started dating my now wife, I was also dating another chick. In 10 minutes i can make my wife cum 2 or 3 times, shes happy, I'm happy we're all happy and we can go to sleep happily. The other chick took at least 70 minutes to cum every time. She also demanded the full works (foreplay, licking the cat, AND front, back,up, down, left, right,  from the back intercourse) every, single time we had sex and she wanted to do it like that every day.  I say all of that to say, that shit got old quickly. I'm sure her current husband loves that about her, but it wasn't for me. I'm glad I got to know that about her BEFORE marrying her.

YOU Need to experiment! Sleep with 5or 6 different women, figure out what you like, experiment,  try new shit...  pay for it if you have to! My 50 year old cousin died a few days ago, life is way too short for such misery...
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:17:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I had a child from a relationship before my wife.  I had joint custody.  My ex decided to challenge me for custody, so she got a lawyer and had me served.

Well, they served my wife instead of me, since I was at work picking up extra shifts.  Wife decided to not tell me because she was mad at me.

I lost custody of my kid because I didn't show up for court I didn't know about.

That was when the marriage died.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Only after the money shot would I have made my exit, not until.

Quoted:
There we were in missionary, when I was reminded of how horrible the sex had been/was.  I stopped, looked her straight in the eye, and said, "No.  This isn't working.  You have to leave now." [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

...The other chick took at least 70 minutes to cum every time. She also demanded the full works (foreplay, licking the cat, AND front, back,up, down, left, right,  from the back intercourse) every, single time we had sex and she wanted to do it like that every day.  I say all of that to say, that shit got old quickly. I'm sure her current husband loves that about her, but it wasn't for me. I'm glad I got to know that about her BEFORE marrying her.

YOU Need to experiment! Sleep with 5or 6 different women, figure out what you like, experiment,  try new shit...  pay for it if you have to! My 50 year old cousin died a few days ago, life is way too short for such misery...
View Quote
You're complaining that your former girlfriend wanted frequent sex?
Ok then..........
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"I feel nothing when you're inside of me".
View Quote
I hope this is a Bob and Tom reference.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ok then..........
View Quote
I think he is upset that she wanted to waste hours of his time with sex. His new girl is done suuuuper quick so that he doesn't have to keep touching her and can spend his valuable time on more important things.

Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is so fucking depressing.  Good sex is so damn good.  You need to test drive before you marry.  Good sex is not enough to get married.....but bad sex is a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Lol.....I'm over 30.  No issues picking up women (good ones too).  It's not hard if you work out and have a good job.  Hell, I don't even chase women, I just somehow end up with awesome girlfriends withing a few months of breaking up.  Every damn time.

Quoted:
At a certain point you will make all poor choices because after XX YOA  the great options are taken. Men can usually tell a great woman when they know her a little while. Certainly by the mid twenties men have already tried to lock down the good ones. And if you have 75%+ of men all going after that select group of women it's not going to be too long until one of them gets her.

So if you don't find her by a certain age for whatever reason the odds of ever finding her continue to go down unless you find a way to put yourself at the head of the pack; ie gorgeous, rich, famous.  It's all a numbers game unfortunately.

IMO after 30 your best option is to find a fishing hole that hasn't been fished out already. Easier said than done because there are lots of men and they've thought of everything.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No pussy for months on end. Generally treating me like a roommate. No affection.

The straw was forgetting fathers day and my birthday a week later.
That is when I lost all hope and pulled the plug.
View Quote
She didn't forget.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Why would she be upset over a grand mother's grocery getter.
View Quote

I don't think you know what you're looking at.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
She insisted that I make my accounts joint, but refused to close her accounts. That should have been a warning sign
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait......WUT!!??

Like maybe a SLEDGE HAMMER to the head sort of warning sign!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Happened to a life long friend of mine. He fucked up though and put a hospital level beat down on her dealer with a ball bat and got two years for ADW. Which he served entirely. By the time he got out she was fully hooked and living with the dealer. All his shit was gone. He lost his job [management at GM], cars, house, furnishings, trophy wife and now his kids are all fucked up.

His x, whom I've known since we were all about 13yo, could easily win a nationwide contest of the hottest to nastiest mugshots over time comparison. She was absolutely beautiful when this all started. Now you can find her turning tricks for drugs in Montgomery County Ohio. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the sheriff's Dept called to let me know she had been picked up for prostitution and high out of her mind.

It's a long story, but it's a reminder of how someone can go from normal to to drug addicted prostitute in 30 days flat. Drugs are bad kids.
I worked with a guy that had this happen to him. His wife got addicted to meth and would disappear for 2-3 days at a time leaving him and the kids at home then just show up as if nothing ever happened and sleep for a couple of days. He was really struggling at work because he couldn't travel because he didn't know when his wife would disappear again. Finally we were all at a conference in Atlanta when his local PD called and said they picked her up when they raided some flee bag hotel and sent CPS over to his house were his kids had been left alone. He flew home that afternoon and shortly after filed for divorce. The courts awarded him full custody and she only had supervised visit rights.

He had to leave our company and take a job with a local company because he couldn't travel being a single dad and all. Tough deal there...
Happened to a life long friend of mine. He fucked up though and put a hospital level beat down on her dealer with a ball bat and got two years for ADW. Which he served entirely. By the time he got out she was fully hooked and living with the dealer. All his shit was gone. He lost his job [management at GM], cars, house, furnishings, trophy wife and now his kids are all fucked up.

His x, whom I've known since we were all about 13yo, could easily win a nationwide contest of the hottest to nastiest mugshots over time comparison. She was absolutely beautiful when this all started. Now you can find her turning tricks for drugs in Montgomery County Ohio. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
Good beat down, I would have voted to acquit due to exigent circumstances. After all who is going to take care of the children?
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ok then..........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...The other chick took at least 70 minutes to cum every time. She also demanded the full works (foreplay, licking the cat, AND front, back,up, down, left, right,  from the back intercourse) every, single time we had sex and she wanted to do it like that every day.  I say all of that to say, that shit got old quickly. I'm sure her current husband loves that about her, but it wasn't for me. I'm glad I got to know that about her BEFORE marrying her.

Ok then..........
Actually he's right it does kinda get old.
Last girl I was with was like that and it kinda ruins the magic when they want to have hour long sessions twice a day 7 days a week.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sorry dude, that's just funny.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is so fucking depressing.  Good sex is so damn good.  You need to test drive before you marry.  Good sex is not enough to get married.....but bad sex is a deal breaker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember the thread in GD from earlier in the week?  What 4 words would you go back in time and say to your 30 year younger self?  Yeah...
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#47]
When it became obvious she wanted out bad enough that there were no depths she wouldn't sink to.

Some time later, it became obvious that she'd done me a kindness, without intending to.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
OK - I'll bite. @DangerJ I have no idea the implication of this pic - but then I'll admit I'm old as fuck and have been married since God made dirt (1976). My best guess is the car was found at this location - soon to be ex-wife was not with the car - car was brought home by soon to be single husband. Am I close ??
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OK - I'll bite. @DangerJ I have no idea the implication of this pic - but then I'll admit I'm old as fuck and have been married since God made dirt (1976). My best guess is the car was found at this location - soon to be ex-wife was not with the car - car was brought home by soon to be single husband. Am I close ??
View Quote
It's a Mercury Marauder form the 2000's.  A factory hot rod.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merc Marauder. Pretty rare, beefy production vehicle with serious balls. Think Buick Grand National - a 'boring' Buick Regal that had a heart transplant and beat Ferraris and Porsches in a quarter mile.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top