BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
first order of business would be to ride over to a national guard armory and get an M2 and maybe a MK19

then turn my truck in to a technical just because.
View Quote

Best post yet. I now have a new and improved plan.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I want to be this guy:

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/jJYQLih3hj3eN44zBZrAzY.jpg

Except It'll have t he outline of a lawn chair, a drink, and an outstretched hand with a baseball mitt on it "catching" the nuke.

The rest of yall can be the survivors.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb thread is dumb

Dumb thread is Fucking stupid

Whatever, sorta like the two posts I’m quoting.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
put together a crew and start takin' down scores.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What kind of guns?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

If this works out, I'd consider going again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What kind of guns?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The firestorms set off by thousands of nuclear explosions would add significant particulates to the upper atmosphere in addition to huge amount of radioactive dust from ground or near ground bursts (typical for hard targets) would certainly have an atmospheric affect.

The explosion of just one volcano halfway around the world in Indonesia caused 1847 to be called "the Year without Summer" in Europe causing widespread famine & strife.

Mass Starvation would quickly occur because the modern food system depends on Energy & Connectivity which would be destroyed in a significant nuclear exchange.

Fertilizer & pesticides are petroleum based along with the fact that 99.87% of farms (excepting maybe the Amish & Mennonites) are mechanized requiring fuel.

IF the weather cooperated, and IF the farms could manage to bring in a harvest with the materials on hand - then the question is How does it get to the Citizen in the city / town / village and in a form they can eat?

Modern food processing involves rail cars or trucks sending the raw food stock to become processed foods, packed and then returned to a warehouse hub for distribution.

Give most people a bag of harvested wheat saying "Here you go - enjoy it!" and they'd have no idea what to do with it to make anything edible.

In addition diseases not seen for decades or even centuries from various deficiencies of vitamins or malnutrition would return.

A BIG nuclear exchange isn't going to be some fatal radioactive doomsday shroud like "On the Beach" or "Dr. Strangelove" but the breakdown & destruction of utilities, energy, food production & distribution will be biblical.  

Remember the phrase "72 hours to Anarchy"? - try 7 months without regular food & You'd eventually have folks desperate enough who would resort to anything  to eat (AKA The Road).

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

My dad lived through the Great Depression on a farm. He said they didn’t have any money but always had more then enough to eat. We live about 250 miles from Seattle, I always remember my dad telling me one night they heard the animals making noise so
My dad, his brother and their dad went out to see what was going on, some guy and his family had walked from Seattle to our homestead and were trying to steal vegetables out of the garden and a cow. Dad said the family felt terrible but were starving and had not eaten in a few days. Dad said they fed them and gave them some food and wished them luck. My point here is that if someone, family or group would walk over the cascades from Seattle  think of what will happen with modern roads and cars

ETA, I think the marauders today will be allot worse then back then, today most people think all good comes from a store and have no idea how to make anything, I doubt they can even start a fire for cooking, but they have cars and guns. Desperation will make even the best, animals.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live in VT, gonna travel south to MA and play Fallout 4 for real!  
View Quote

And what about the deathclaws?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Jesus another one of these threads, eh?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m going to use my 15 minutes to tell all the Jane Fonda Trolls, exactly what I think of them.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Given my proximity to two different locations that are both highly likely to be targets in said attack, die.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably die looking a few miles west at the giant glow from where Whiteman AFB used to be.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Get my notebook out

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#17]
My worry level about this is somewhere between getting stuck in quicksand and getting lost in the Bermuda Triangle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My worry level about this is somewhere between getting stuck in quicksand and getting lost in the Bermuda Triangle.
View Quote

How do you feel about quicksand IN the Bermuda Triangle?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Remain deep in an underground mineshaft with the appropriate ratio of males-to-females. Along with animals that can be slaughtered.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Once the bombings are over, probably gonna be about 3-5yrs of nuclear winter. Who knows how much sunlight will get through. Plants will die off, then the animals that eat them, then the animals that eat the plant eaters and finally end of civilization.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have 5 right now, should I get more?
View Quote
Poors thread.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Given my location,my ashes plan to glow in the dark .
View Quote

Unfortunately, given where both my house & farm are located, this will be my end also.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Once the bombings are over, probably gonna be about 3-5yrs of nuclear winter. Who knows how much sunlight will get through. Plants will die off, then the animals that eat them, then the animals that eat the plant eaters and finally end of civilization.
View Quote
Nuclear winter is a hoax.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dumb thread is dumb
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Depends on whether or not you believe a large scale nuclear exchange would substantially change the environment. Some predictions show a substantial cooling effect that would severely impact farming, leading to mass starvation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fun answer? War lord.

What would more likely happen, since our small isolated town would be most likely safe (even from fallout), we'd probably stick together (aside from a few shit heads) there would be quite a few community and neighborhood gardens. Fishing, harvesting and hunting will be done from kayaks and there will probably be a lot of people learning to sail.

Our town already has a local farmers market, about half the items sold are locally grown food. It's good being more independent.

There's just over 8000 here in winter. If freight stopped arriving, that would get interesting. We have a hydro, so unless there there's a close emp (doubtful) we'd still have power even.  

There'd be a hell of a lot less fat folks after the diet change and all the extra manual labor. I say that because fit thinner people generally have fewer chronic medical issues, meaning it'll put  less of a strain on the local hospital, but people will die if meds stop arriving.
Depends on whether or not you believe a large scale nuclear exchange would substantially change the environment. Some predictions show a substantial cooling effect that would severely impact farming, leading to mass starvation.

No one really knows how bad or even if there would a nuclear winter. Maybe…

But then I read this article from may and now I’m not so sure how safe we are. ??

https://www.newsweek.com/alaska-nuclear-solovyov-ukraine-russia-gurulyov-1802315

Also, I was watching a Canadian documentary from the 80s that said Russia had enough nukes to hit every city in the US with a population of 2000 or more. Fuuuuck.

It then said the US had many more???

I thought the Russians always had more nukes?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The explosion of just one volcano halfway around the world in Indonesia caused 1847 to be called "the Year without Summer" in Europe causing widespread famine & strife.
View Quote

Krakatoa went off that, that was fukn huge!! But there were also 3 completely different volcanos that went off in 536 that caused years of cooling

Nuclear winter (depending on how many popped) may or may not affect the earths climate as bad, or it could be worse. I just know volcanos pump out a LOT of horrible shit into the atmosphere. Of course, a big asteroid caused a climate change once that changed the course of life on the planet.

One thing I was wondering, if Russia targeted Yellowstone park with a dozen nukes, could it cause a super-volcano? ??
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#28]

A semi eh?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How do you feel about quicksand IN the Bermuda Triangle?
View Quote

He’s in luck, 2024 has them on the bingo card.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, if DC gets nuked, I'm toast.

If for some reason I survive, you'll find me patrolling the Mohave and hoping for more gambling. Bring bottlecaps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, if DC gets nuked, I'm toast.

If for some reason I survive, you'll find me patrolling the Mohave and hoping for more gambling. Bring bottlecaps.

The blast is strong enough to throw you all the way to the Mojave but weak enough not to kill you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Seize the dam

Cut off out going power

Build Bartertown

Build Thunderdome

Be Tina Turner

Profit
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The only way the USA gets nuked is if Biden triggers a global exchange
View Quote

And it looks like his arrogant and foolish administration is pushing for it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#33]
choices too dumb to select
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Arf would join Russia after they nuked us because a man who rides bears shirtless through the fallout is the right answer
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Arf would join Russia after they nuked us because a man who rides bears shirtless through the fallout is the right answer
View Quote

And he’s into MAGA

Make Alaska great again!
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#36]
I’ve spent most of my life at “ground zero” locations. So I guess my plan is to hopefully be gone in less than a millisecond.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#37]
I want to ride a nuclear bomb falling towards the designated target, waving my hat and yelling "Yeeeeeee Haaaaaw!"
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Probably die looking a few miles west at the giant glow from where Whiteman AFB used to be.  
View Quote

Me too neighbor.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Shelter in place.  I'm out of the blast area quite a ways.  

Hang out in the basement and celler for 4 weeks till the radiation drops.  Go out looking for long pork since I'm stocked up on barbecue sauce.

More likely,  go on a diet.
View Quote

Same.  

But BBQ sauce is gross.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Finally spend my bottle caps.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Help rebuild society.

After the partying and murderous revenge, of course.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I want to ride a nuclear bomb falling towards the designated target, waving my hat and yelling "Yeeeeeee Haaaaaw!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2023 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Move into my new Costco with some buddies and our haram of soccer moms.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top