Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
THEY WUZ KANGZ.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Might"?

That area is known to be a rather important place in the development of civilization.   It was quite well documented with carving and large stone buildings.

The most interesting thing is how, or why, that technology never made is south of the Sahara.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This assuming no external person would have ever visited and taken modern artifacts to give or sell or they would have not established any commerce with anyone outside the continent?

The countries would probably have the borders set by the tribes' dominions instead of the artificial borders designed to keep enemy tribes within the same space, thus fighting each other.

Wars would likely happen but not so frequently because they would not be artificially created.

The way the tribes were "investing in technology" they would likely still be in their preliminary stages of hunter-gatherers.

Also, if we assume that Romans were also considered "whites" and had never set any colonies, conquered Egypt, etc.   Egypt might be still a local super-power.

ETA: I wonder what Egyptians might have came up with.
The Romans conquered Egypt AFTER it had been conquered by Alexander the Great. A Macedonian. Another white dude.
Egypt was ruled by the Ptolemaic dynasty after Alexander left. Cleopatra was the last descendant of the Ptolemies. She was white too.
Let's go back prior to that then.  If not conquered, would Egypt be a super-power and what technologies it might have came up with?  It's the only African country I can see would have any chance.

By the way... the guy who unified the north and south was also of white ancestry?
Carthage Egypt Kush  all might have developed interesting things.
"Might"?

That area is known to be a rather important place in the development of civilization.   It was quite well documented with carving and large stone buildings.

The most interesting thing is how, or why, that technology never made is south of the Sahara.
I say might because I dont know how far they could have advanced had they survived as they were.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You must be a Yankee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they would be on par with the Americas in the same situation?
Correct.   And Australia, Mate.
Right so this is more of a black people suck thread than in intellectual discussion right?
Are you Racist?

Yes or No.    Tell the truth.
this thread wasn't started to discuss the prolification of technology in ancient times
You should open your mind to learning about History, without all the racial baggage.   To me, History is interesting and beautiful in its complexity.

I wish everybody could see it that way, unencumbered by their modern day hangups.
You should understand that maybe people don't want the modern ideas of what is proper in California and New York. The same kind of modern views people like you would put on the savages of concurred lands
I don't know what this means.
You must be a Yankee
You are still making zero sense.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I say might because I dont know how far they could have advanced had they survived as they were.
View Quote
The Egyptians were a stagnant culture. They were not going to advance much past where they were. Centralized top down control does that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So edgy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
detroit?
So edgy.
I thought it was pretty funny, but then again I don't live in that shithole
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Until 1500 central/northern Europe was not rich or powerful or knowledgeable save for Rome’s day or Greece’s day.
Henry the navigator basically created a 2 generation jump in tech with the Spanish caravel. After 1500 it was all over for the rest of the world. The Portuguese then Spanish then British, etc. take turns siphoning off the rest of the world. Like ANY other culture would when given the chance.

Europe was a pack of backwoods retards until the “sea people’s” crushing of the old world (Mesopotamia) gave Greece the chance to breathe around 700 BCE. They started right off from the architecture and knowledge of the Egyptians. This is well established. Rome took similar lessons and used a fantastic culture to conquer much of the western world.

.....snip.....
View Quote
Now you're making a similar kind of simplification in order to make your point.

You are under-estimating the tremendous amount of intellectual dynamism that was occurring in Europe starting at least since the late 11th century with the rise of the Universities and the ensuing promotion of secular knowledge in law, medicine, and the all-encompassing philosophy, the relaunching of the ideas that would lead to the later scientific and industrial revolutions. Europe was primed for "success".

It's true that the naval powers of Europe took a giant leap forward with the discovery and extraction of resources from the other continents, but even that didn't have to be that way. It could have easily been the far larger Chinese fleet under Admiral Zheng sailing to the coast of California but instead the Ming made the crucial decision to focus inward while European societies chose to look to far horizons with their voyages of discovery.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right so this is more of a black people suck thread than in intellectual discussion right?
Are you Racist?

Yes or No.    Tell the truth.
this thread wasn't started to discuss the prolification of technology in ancient times
You should open your mind to learning about History, without all the racial baggage.   To me, History is interesting and beautiful in its complexity.

I wish everybody could see it that way, unencumbered by their modern day hangups.
You should understand that maybe people don't want the modern ideas of what is proper in California and New York. The same kind of modern views people like you would put on the savages of concurred lands
I don't know what this means.
You must be a Yankee
You have the mentality that if you concur a new land you have to put I place your rules because you know better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know. Do native Americans and aborigines claim they would all be kings?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kush was long gone well before Christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't have to Google but most of the others in this thread should. African kingdoms such as Kush existed and might still be around. The Op's question is a flawed one.
Kush was long gone well before Christ.
Well at least when he returns he'll be able to buy it legally
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:28:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You have the mentality that if you concur a new land you have to put I place your rules because you know better.
View Quote
I do?   Where did you get that?

I haven't even mentioned any Rules.  Frankly, it doesn't interest me.   I was only discussing whether sub Saharan Africa had Bronze, Iron, Stonework, Agriculture, Irrigation, Aqueducts, Domesticated animals, and The Wheel.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
detroit?
View Quote
Lol
White people built Detroit. There wouldn't be any buildings to actually run down
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Now you're making a similar kind of simplification in order to make your point.

You are under-estimating the tremendous amount of intellectual dynamism that was occurring in Europe starting at least since the late 11th century with the rise of the Universities and the ensuing promotion of secular knowledge in law, medicine, and the all-encompassing philosophy, the relaunching of the ideas that would lead to the later scientific and industrial revolutions. Europe was primed for "success".

It's true that the naval powers of Europe took a giant leap forward with the discovery and extraction of resources from the other continents, but even that didn't have to be that way. It could have easily been the far larger Chinese fleet under Admiral Zheng sailing to the coast of California but instead the Ming made the crucial decision to focus inward while European societies chose to look to far horizons with their voyages of discovery.
View Quote
Europe of the late Middle Ages was actually quite advanced.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

other than Rome or Greece huh?
View Quote
Yep.

After mathematics, architecture, agriculture, written language, sail ships, horse drawn carts, and musical instruments, etc. were invented.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:34:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I haven't even mentioned any Rules.  Frankly, it doesn't interest me.   I was only discussing whether sub Saharan Africa had Bronze, Iron, Stonework, Agriculture, Irrigation, Aqueducts, Domesticated animals, and The Wheel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My fight isn't with you brother. It's that the op is trying to insinuate is that white people are the reason we have the world we enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's why the original question is a bit flawed as it is hard to seperate the importance of Mediterranean trade and racial migrations from historic outcomes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This assuming no external person would have ever visited and taken modern artifacts to give or sell or they would have not established any commerce with anyone outside the continent?

The countries would probably have the borders set by the tribes' dominions instead of the artificial borders designed to keep enemy tribes within the same space, thus fighting each other.

Wars would likely happen but not so frequently because they would not be artificially created.

The way the tribes were "investing in technology" they would likely still be in their preliminary stages of hunter-gatherers.

Also, if we assume that Romans were also considered "whites" and had never set any colonies, conquered Egypt, etc.   Egypt might be still a local super-power.

The Romans conquered Egypt AFTER it had been conquered by Alexander the Great. A Macedonian. Another white dude.
Egypt was ruled by the Ptolemaic dynasty after Alexander left. Cleopatra was the last descendant of the Ptolemies. She was white too.
Let's go back prior to that then.  If not conquered, would Egypt be a super-power and what technologies it might have came up with?  It's the only African country I can see would have any chance.

By the way... the guy who unified the north and south was also of white ancestry?
Does Carthage count?  It was founded by Phoenicians (white foreigners?)

Kush is interesting.  It would probably depend on how its skirmishes with Egypt would end-up.  One might finally take over the other and develop some interesting stuff.
That's why the original question is a bit flawed as it is hard to seperate the importance of Mediterranean trade and racial migrations from historic outcomes.
Just imagine what was destroyed by the Alexandria's library fire and what we would know today about their History or even the lost knowledge.   Such a waste.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It would look like a shithole.
View Quote
TOUCHE' !
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#18]

KANGZ like dirt floors and ebola, flies every night of the week for dinner.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:03:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#20]
We wuz kangs
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
hard to say say but I can guarantee you it wouldn't be half as fucked up as it is now.

also in this thread the closet racists conveniently out themselves.
View Quote
Ohh look. Our very own spam frying welfare recipient shows up in this thread to accuse arfcomers of racism, yet again.

How quaint.

I've got one for you. I'm a quadroon (your race card powers are  nont effective), Africa is a shit hole.

However... It's hard to tell which would be more of a shithole without "white folk" influence... Africa or Hawaii.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#22]
No doubt it would look like Wakanda, from the Black Panther movie:

This is what happened because of white colonialism:

The natives are blameless victims.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:49:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Rome_2ee189_298401.jpg

View Quote
Cherry picking.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just imagine what was destroyed by the Alexandria's library fire and what we would know today about their History or even the lost knowledge.   Such a waste.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does Carthage count?  It was founded by Phoenicians (white foreigners?)

Kush is interesting.  It would probably depend on how its skirmishes with Egypt would end-up.  One might finally take over the other and develop some interesting stuff.
Indeed. I have also come to the personal conclusion some sort of ice age cataclysm wiped out a swath of human history as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:57:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Probably look like Emerald City in the
Wizard of Oz.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:31:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Conquer not concur.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:41:53 AM EDT
[#27]
This is how to force cows to produce milk in africa

I assume it would be a little like this.

Oh wait, this is even with Caucasian intervention...
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 2:58:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Conquer not concur.
View Quote
Proofreading is a lost art.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Wireless high speed internet to your retinal hologram. Teletransportation. Cancer free.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:41:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:54:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If white privilege never graced the entire continent, what would it look like today  ?
View Quote
Like inner city baltimore except no electricty.....cars....plumbing or anything more than one story and not made of mud....
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 4:00:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Like inner city baltimore except no electricty.....cars....plumbing or anything more than one story and not made of mud....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If white privilege never graced the entire continent, what would it look like today  ?
Doubt there is really any "streets" either, just well trodden paths.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 4:09:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Like it did in 1500 A.D.

Basically, no firearms or machetes.
View Quote
That's the problem with the question.  It only involves white people.  Not "Asians".  It would eventually end up being just like it is now, just remixed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 4:18:37 AM EDT
[#34]
The same as it did when whitey got there.  Lol.  Not the most industrius folks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#35]
They probably would never have had any Buffalo Bills super bowl champion t shirts 4 years in a row.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
From what I've heard it would be full of nothing but KANGZ.

FIFY
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My fight isn't with you brother. It's that the op is trying to insinuate is that white people are the reason we have the world we enjoy.
View Quote
Mostly it's true.

At least for now.

I'm sure Whites will be driven down and the world can go back to 7th century feudalism and tribalism.

But for now, I'' enjoy my clean water, good healthy food and medicine and technology. You can pine for the days of living in mud huts and dying of dysentery and high infant mortality if you like.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Might"?

The most interesting thing is how, or why, that technology never made it south of the Sahara.

Australia and America, was isolated by Oceans.

And yet, European explorers encountered Stone Age tribes when they got to Africa.    Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Might"?

The most interesting thing is how, or why, that technology never made it south of the Sahara.

Australia and America, was isolated by Oceans.

And yet, European explorers encountered Stone Age tribes when they got to Africa.    Why?
This is all covered quite nicely in my favorite book: Guns Germs and Steel
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Above average to high IQ combined with industriousness and a desire for betterment is the reason.

r/K selection theory too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think a better question would be whay would it look like if whitey took over the place and ran it
View Quote
We know how Rhodesia looked before Mugabe.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8PYozPB-8I

I assume it would be a little like this.

Oh wait, this is even with Caucasian intervention...
View Quote
Holy fucking Jesus.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Above average to high IQ combined with industriousness and a desire for betterment is the reason.

View Quote
Humans are K selected, period. Unless you know of any that have litters of 10 multiple times a year?
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Humans are K selected, period. Unless you know of any that have litters of 10 multiple times a year?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong IMO.  Humans can be either r or K.  Dig deeper into the psychology/mind set/environment.  And the subsequent modern "welfare" systems that influence such...

Just look at the "welfare" families who are encouraged to produce as many as possible.  White/black/whatever - largely a "culture thing".

Indeed there ARE many who have MAXIMUM offspring according to human capability.  Depends both upon environmental support (i.e. either natural land of abundance or the "welfare state") and culture/attitude of those involved.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Rome_2ee189_298401.jpg

View Quote
Kenyan Mall

Nigerian Mall

Windhoek, Capital of Namibia

Arkansas

Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
With who's foreign investment? Google it.

And keep my Arkansas white trash relatives out of this.  That is a cultural and IQ thing.    True.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#48]
They would all be kangs an shat
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Oh Lord you guys

Some funny shit in here so Ill hang out and watch

Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wrong IMO.  Humans can be either r or K.  Dig deeper into the psychology/mind set/environment.  And the subsequent modern "welfare" systems that influence such...

Just look at the "welfare" families who are encouraged to produce as many as possible.  White/black/whatever - largely a "culture thing".

Indeed there ARE many who have MAXIMUM offspring according to human capability.  Depends both upon environmental support (i.e. either natural land of abundance or the "welfare state") and culture/attitude of those involved.
View Quote
You are using wildlife biology/ecology terms that you don’t understand. Stick with whatever it is that you do know, because biology/ecology clearly isn’t it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top