User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
COVID vaccination card
View Quote

Don't forget the anal swab! You can't be too careful these days...
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Dinero
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I require triple vacc and triple ?? .......if they show up like that I just give it to them for free... 3 for free I say!
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:11:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Would take picture of their license bare minimum. Last time I sold to a stranger, which was many years ago, I luckily checked his license. I wrote down the basic info. (This was before phone cameras.). Got a call from the ATF some months afterwards wanting to know who I sold it too. Gave them the guys name and the ATF guy said “this guy is known to us”. I guess he had been buying guns in Maine and selling them illicitly in Mass. Funny thing is this guy showed up in a company truck. Didn’t hesitate to show me his license and we had a short but good chat. One of the most secure feelings I had when I sold a gun FTF. After that I didn’t sell to strangers anymore.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:16:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:17:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Any firearm transaction between me and another private party must take place in my dimly lit unfinished basement or a random dark alley.

If they aren’t willing to honor my terms they won’t be conducting business with me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:20:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I figure it demonstrates due diligence to see their ID to show state residency and confirm they're of legal age. I hate that the law exists, but I did have an underage guy try to buy something once that got a little tense when I had to tell him no. Big thanks to Rick Scott and the anti-gun coward caucus in the FL GOP for that one...

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#8]
A reach around.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Money and bill of sale that states they attest that they are legal to own it.

Pistol, above plus Driver's license.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I ask them if they're legally able to purchase and to see the cash.
View Quote
this

don't over complicate it
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:53:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I need to see their cash, silver, or trade, and a driver's license.  I don't need a picture of it, I don't write anything down, I just need to see that birthdate, and that its from TX.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:18:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I see some crazy recommendations on here dealing with selling guns. Things that are above and beyond what is required by law. Stuff the gun haters would love.

I'm in the camp that I'm exchanging my property for cash. I don't want to know the buyers name or see ID. Give me money and leave.
View Quote
The few times I've done it, I asked to see a DL and copied the name and DL number with state for my records. Never asked for anything else. No DoB or SSN or address or anything. Let the buyer see what I was keeping and let them know that it would be destroyed after a year.

Nothing to do with legal and I never pretended it was. Just a CYA in case the cops came to me asking why something papered to me was found at a crime scene. I figured if the cops had that little bit, they could figure out the rest.

Nobody ever balked, and I never got any visits from the cops.

ETA: And all those records were destroyed as promised.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:28:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Under Colorado's current bullshit regime, we meet at an FFL. Prior to 7-1-13, and forever after once I move to a free state (again), cash and a fast peek at an in-state ID and don't peg my douchebag meter.

Nobody's copying anything or writing bills of sale. I'm not doing FBATFE's job for them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 3:32:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing really, but I've had PD run the serial numbers after some transaction when dealing with questionable sellers. Once I didn't and it was a "hot" rifle.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:02:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I see some crazy recommendations on here dealing with selling guns. Things that are above and beyond what is required by law. Stuff the gun haters would love.

I’m in the camp that I’m exchanging my property for cash. I don’t want to know the buyers name or see ID. Give me money and leave.
View Quote

OP, did you fill out papers when you bought the gun? Yea, you go ahead & sell it like it's apple pie at the county fair. And don't think twice when that acquaintance decides later he's bored with it and then sells it to a drinking buddy friend, and that guy loans it to his drugged out felon cousin, and the next guy steals it from him, etc, etc??  When it's found in a home invasion murder 6 towns down the road and they trace it back to you, take solace in knowing that it's your constitutional right to hire the best attorneys money can buy!! lol....lol.... be sure to show em this thread during your civil lawsuit trial too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Can anybody quote ANY case law where someone was charged for a crime committed with a firearm that they legally sold without a BOS or other paperwork? I mean with legal proceedings being public record and all.

In a world where someone picking their nose in public is a newsworthy story, there should be some, correct?

And I mean legit case law? Not a friend of a friend, or "I heard" or some Internet lore.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Money
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:11:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not me.  Twice I've come across teenagers wanting to buy a handgun who misrepresented their age.  When you show up with your mom driving, that's a clue.  (Texas Gun Trader.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cash, and no physical mtg unless we agreed on price already, my background check is how they present themselves through the texting interaction.

Also, I have to say, everyone I have met buying/selling have been really nice folks.

Not me.  Twice I've come across teenagers wanting to buy a handgun who misrepresented their age.  When you show up with your mom driving, that's a clue.  (Texas Gun Trader.)

Lol, why didn't the mom buy the gun? She could gift it to him legally.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Being an FFL has its downsides.
View Quote

An FFL is allowed to "change hats" and sell personal property as a private individual. ATF does frown upon signing guns out to oneself and then selling them privately but selling an "off-the-books" gun from one's personal collection is OK.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#20]
The question is moot here in VA since those assholes in Richmond eliminated private sales, but it used to be common on our state gun trading board for sellers to demand a “good guy ID,” meaning you had to hold a concealed carry permit to buy from them.

Cute nickname, huh?

I have one, but it still annoyed me. Unless they were selling something I couldn’t live without, I routinely passed their listings over.

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

OP, did you fill out papers when you bought the gun? Yea, you go ahead & sell it like it's apple pie at the county fair. And don't think twice when that acquaintance decides later he's bored with it and then sells it to a drinking buddy friend, and that guy loans it to his drugged out felon cousin, and the next guy steals it from him, etc, etc??  When it's found in a home invasion murder 6 towns down the road and they trace it back to you, take solace in knowing that it's your constitutional right to hire the best attorneys money can buy!! lol....lol.... be sure to show em this thread during your civil lawsuit trial too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m in the camp that I’m exchanging my property for cash. I don’t want to know the buyers name or see ID. Give me money and leave.

Assuming the seller did not violate any State or Federal laws when selling the gun, there would be no recourse if someone else committed a crime with the gun. As an FFL, I once sold a gun to a co-worker who loaned it to another co-worker who offed himself with it. Not a good feeling for me or the legit buyer but no fallout afterwards.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Cash (because cash is king) and a State ID, because it's illegal to sell to an out-of-state resident.

I used to do a Bill of Sale, but Florida doesn't require it, so I don't anymore.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#23]
The bare minimum the law requires.

Same if I'm buying, I don't do BOS or copies of IDs.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I have sold 3 guns FTF in my life, 2 to the same guy. Both guys were friends I have known for many years. I knew they were not prohibited people.

Every other gun I have sold was either traded into an FFL, or sold on consignment through an FFL.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Flash an instate over 21 DL cash and carry. I don't want a picture of anything or know who you are.

However if they started talking about some weird things or gave me an uncomfortable vibe I would walk.

Basically gimme money and don't be a weirdo.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Cash and a handshake.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Money and usually what car they are driving so I can recognize them.  I will not ask for more nor will I give more when buying FTF.  If they want to give me a bill of sale, that's fine.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
In this thread all the fudds out themselves.

Cash and carry. Don’t look like a dirtbag is just about my only requirement.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In this thread all the fudds out themselves.

Cash and carry. Don’t look like a dirtbag is just about my only requirement.
View Quote

No shit… I did recently have a gun on a local board FS and met the person in the Rural King parking lot. They had an Obama Biden bumper sticker, Biden Harris bumper sticker and the bull shit  equal sign . I asked if they put the stickers on they confirmed . Then I laughed in their face got back in my car and left . They just stood there like someone fucked their wife.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#31]
D/L and CCW....I don't write it down or anything, a quick flash is sufficient.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I ask if they're undercover law enforcement. They have to tell you if you ask....
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Stool sample.

If someone is willing to do that...I turn and run.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Dick pics
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I don’t sell guns to people with which I wouldn’t call Brother.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Cash. The less I know the better. I'm not an FFL so I don't care.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Ask to see a TN state driver's license and the cash.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the only CYA would be to simply ask and make sure the buyer isn't a prohibited person. If they say no, that's good enough for me. If they can't answer that question, I would be a little more cautious.

It's only a illegal if "you know" the buyer was a prohibited person.  Some like to ask for an ID (age verification and/or same-state for legal sales); some like to ask for a valid CCW to ensure they've passed the state background checks. Somewhat like you, I really don't care much, but I personally just ask to make sure they weren't a prohibited person. If they lie to me, that is on them, not me.

Annotate the sale in my little daily sex-journal and sleep well at night.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Cash….in person deal in the parking lot of the local PD, figure Its my way out if things go sideways, but I dont ask for anything else. Now if you pull up in a rental, or out of state plates….don’t know, never happened.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#41]
ATF says to confirm they reside is the same state as you.

https://www.atf.gov/file/58681/download
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Cash (because cash is king) and a State ID, because it's illegal to sell to an out-of-state resident.
View Quote

This is my only real concern as we are near the border of SC, in fact, many work in our area (GA) from across the state line. While I think it's a stupid law, it one that could get you hemmed up and while I don't give a shit about a BOS, I might want to just make sure they're a resident in the same state.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don’t sell guns to people with which I wouldn’t call Brother.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is my only real concern as we are near the border of SC, in fact, many work in our area (GA) from across the state line. While I think it's a stupid law, it one that could get you hemmed up and while I don't give a shit about a BOS, I might want to just make sure they're a resident in the same state.

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROCK6
I had many sellers ask for a quick peek at my GA DL. I never had a an issue with that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
ATF says to confirm they reside is the same state as you.

https://www.atf.gov/file/58681/download
View Quote

ATF also said a shoelace is a machine gun . I don’t take legal advice from mentally incompetent organizations.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Never done ftf with a stranger, but 2 friends of mine, one retired LEO made a deal, exchanged cash for gun, the the seller (LE0) said “oh yeah, I need to get a picture of your DL” Other guy gave it to him but I thought it was a real bullshit move.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#47]
cash.

not need to ask or volunteer extra information.

yall need to stop with bill of sales when not required by law. no you aren't copying my DL/WCL info.

no, I won't facilitate a private transfer as an FFL either.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Cash for obvious reasons

If I don’t know the person:
ID to verify they are a state resident
CCW permit to verify the buyer is not prohibited from owning a firearm

Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Money.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#50]
The only paper work I care about is the green stuff with pictures of presidents on them
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top